• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:suffer through)

Unpaid Restaurant Bills: Servers Suffer

このQ&Aのポイント
  • If patrons walk out of a restaurant without paying the check, it is the server who suffers.
  • Dunning wait staff for an unpaid bill is illegal under federal law, but it still happens.
  • The term 'suffered through' refers to the experience of enduring a difficult or unpleasant situation.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

suffered throughのthroughはどのような意味でしょうか?suffer fromとは違うのでしょうか?  from は「~から」ですから離れた、の意味がありますが through の方は離れる意味がなく、終わって済んだよりその苦しみが「続いた」ことを強調しています。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• suffer throughとはなんですか

The country's economy is suffering through a severe recession. とある単語集の例文から抜粋しました。 suffer throughというのがよくわからないのですがsuffer fromと何か違いはありますか。

• 英語

1There is no need to ( ) the annual festival just because small group of people oppose it. あtake notice of イset eyes on ウlook up to エkeep up with オdo away with 2( ) the states in the US, Wisconsin is the one that produces the most daily products. アOf all イWith all ウIn all エFor all  オAll of 3( ) in the world of literature, that authore was finally recognized as a major novelist long after he had died. アIf it happens イFor it happens often ウWhen it happens エSo frequently it happens オAs sometimes happens 4Since time is limited, don't ( ) too much detail in your presentation. アtalk イcut out ウgive up エgo into エworry. 3が良く分かりませんでした。 英作文 1三歳の男の子が初めてサッカーをするのを見たとき、私たちは笑わないわけにはいかなかった。 2その歌を聴くと必ず子供のころを思い出す。

• ロムニーの演説の和訳をお願いします!

Every new college graduate thought they'd have a good job by now. A place for their own. They could start paying back some of their loans and build for the future. This is what our nation was supposed to start paying down the national debt, and rolling back massive deficits. This was the hope and change America voted for. It is not just what we wanted, it is not just what we expected, it is what Americans deserved.

• 英訳お願いします。

If you do not get enough nutrients in your diet, you may suffer from a nutrient deficiency. A person who suffers from a serious shorage of energy and nutrients is malnourished. Malnourishe is not a major problem in most developed countries, but there are still many people who have nutrient deficiencies because they do not eat a variety of healthy foods. For example, a person who doesn't take in sufficient iron may not produce enough red blood cells and suffer from anemia. 3文目のhaveは何と訳せば良いのか教えてください。

• 添削お願いします

日本語⇨ ジョーンズは"forgotten history of civil rights" からthe March on Washingtonの本来の姿を私たちに思い出させようとしている。それゆえ、題名でもあるThe March on Washington、それ自体に関する記述が少し少ないと感じました。しかし、行進から50年経った今、その行進の歴史的背景を知ることで、それの本来の姿を私たちが思い出すことができるのも事実である。 英語⇨ Jones is trying to remind us the original meaning of the March on Washington by "forgotten history of civil rights". Therefore, it seemed that it was a little bit description about the title and the March on Washington by itself. Now from 50 years after the march, however, it is true that we could be remind in its true colors of the march to know the background of the march's history. 前に質問していた内容と似ているのですが…。 こちらの文の添削をお願いします。

• walked me through

I've been friends with "Myrtle" for nearly 20 years. She used to work for me. I'm a very strong, independent woman. I've never needed many friends (I've been married to my best friend for 37 years). Myrtle has always been a drama queen. She demands a lot of attention. She is exhausting. Her husband and I have also butted heads over the years. It drains me to hang out with them for any period of time. The last time she had one of her explosions, I backed off. My therapist has walked me through my feelings and I'm now very clear that being with her is unhealthy for me. I tried to back out slowly, but then she created drama over nothing again -- exploding, and then coming back and apologizing. walked me through my feelingsとcreated drama over nothingの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 訳し方がわかりません。

シーナ・アイエンガーの「The Art of Choosing」からの英文です。 The desire to choose is thus a natural drive, and though it most likely developed because it is a crucial aid to our survival, it often operates independently of any concrete benefits. In such cases, the power of choice is so great that it becomes not merely a means to an end but something intrinsically valuable and necessary. 【So what happens when we enjoy the benefits that choice is meant to confer but our need for choice itself is not met?】 【】の中の英文の訳がわかりません。 what happens ・・・何が起こるのか? when we enjoy the benefits that choice is meant to confer ・・・私たちが選択が与えるはずの利益を楽しむとき   but our need for choice itself is not met・・・・選択に対する私たちの必要性、それ自身が満たされない・・・・ is meant to~は"~するはずの"、ですか? is not metのmet(meet)は"満たす"という訳ですか? butは"しかし"、"除いて"、"・・・でなければ"など考えてみましたがよくわかりません。

• 間違い探し

次の3つの英文で、それぞれ間違っている所はどこですか? (1)The mountain which of the top is covered with snow is Mt.Fuji. (2)It sometimes happens that a man whom we think is mad makes a great invention. (3)February 11th is a day when Japanese people traditionally celebrate.

• これの和訳お願いします。

However, from a number of orbital calculations, the following two points are made clear. At first, it becomes easy to understand qualitatively the reason why there exist many fine spikes in the scattering pattern of bf. An example of a particle orbit is shown in Fig. 5(a) for the case bi=1.91894, which belongs to the region of a discontinuous band. Here, after the particle revolves around the planet many times, it gets out of the Hill sphere through the gate of the L1-point, and has a negative bf in the final stage. But by just a little bit of difference of the initial value of bi (for example, bi=1.91898), then a particle happens to escape from the Hill sphere through the gate of the L2-point.

• 日本語訳してほしいです(´Д`)

It little suffer in regret. I am foolish. It still think of that rerson whom I shock. I wanna return if it is possible to return. On that day.. Are you happy now? However could you be with me if I have the chance? Moreover,it is painful with you. That my utmost feelings. Moreover,it is good when laughing some time and dressing it. Moreover,let us meet.

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 突然無線プリントができない問題に直面しましたか?ブラザー製品のDCP-L2550DWプリンタで印刷できない場合の対処方法を知りたいと思いませんか?この記事では、無線プリントができない原因とその対処方法について詳しく解説します。
  • DCP-L2550DWは、高速で高品質な印刷ができるブラザー製品のプリンタですが、突然無線プリントができないという問題が発生することがあります。この問題の原因は様々ですが、設定の問題やネットワークの不具合が考えられます。本記事では、その解決方法について詳しく説明します。
  • 無線プリントができない場合、まずはネットワーク設定を確認しましょう。Wi-Fiに正しく接続されているか、IPアドレスやSSIDなどの設定が正しいかを確認します。また、ファームウェアのアップデートやプリンタドライバの再インストールも試してみる価値があります。これらの対処方法を試してみても問題が解決しない場合は、専門のサポートセンターに相談しましょう。
回答を見る