• ベストアンサー

stereotypicalとtypical

(自分の性に悩む男性)I gravitate toward other stereotypical women things, like yoga and cleanses and “chick-lit”-style memoirs and some rom-coms. But I also like stereotypical guy things like action movies and comics. stereotypicalはtypicalと言い換えられそうなのですが、何か違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4123/5358)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

stereotypicalはtypicalと言い換えられそうなのですが、何か違うのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします  stereotypicalは、固定観念的というか、例えば「日本の女は白人男性にはイチコロ」とか「ベトナム人は嘘つき」と偏見的な悪いことです。いわば漫画の似顔絵。  typicalの場合は、典型的というか、「ユダヤ人は金儲けがうまい」とか「ドイツ人はいい車を作る」などいい場合が多いようです。こちらは真面目で教科書的。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 英語の質問です。これはどういう意味ですか?

they both became suddenly interested in me when they found out I never did things before..and he is a black guy which all of the black guys would like to date me and also other things I won't go into detail..so, does that explain why?

• and also について。

ややこしくて混乱しております・・・。 まず、 I like John and also David. ↑こういう文があったとすると、下のどっちの解釈が適当ですか? 1. I like John and David. 2. I like John. David likes John, too. また、次の2つの文は意味が違うでしょうか? I like John and also David. I like John and David also. よろしくお願いします。

• 【英語】添削お願いします テーマ:暇なとき

When I'm free, I usually read books or comics. It's because when I read them, I can feel as if I were in the world of them. For example, when characters fight against enemy in a story, I fight, too. When they feel sad, I feel so. Books and comics take me to various world and they are always exciting and surprising. Also, books and comics tell me many things. When I find that people who have opinions or thoughts which are utterly different from me, they often change my mind. For these reasons, I like reading very much, and it will continue to being the friend of my life. 文法、単語の使い方、文章構成などについて指導お願いします。

• as wellの用法についてご教授お願いします.

too,alsoのような使い方がas wellにはありますが、以前アメリカ人と話している時”I like this song(and)its movie as well.”と言っていた記憶があるのですが、この歌もその映画と同様に好きだよ」との意味での構文で言えばandは聞き間違えだったのでしょうか?要するに「日本も中国も好きだよ」という場合as wellを用いれば、接続詞のandをつけて「I like Japan and (I like省略)China as well.」とすべきなのでしょうか?I like Japan,China as well.ではおかしいとの理解でよろしいでしょうか? 補足ですがalsoの場合では「日本も中国も好きだよ」とはどうあらわすのが良いのでしょうか?また、I want to visit the UK. I also want to visit Ireland.を「I want to visit the UK.andI also Ireland./I want to visit the UK and Ireland.as well.とできますでしょうか?宜しくお願いいたします。

• all that entails

I feel upset and disillusioned by how my old friends behave toward me. I am 27, in a friendship group of five women. One of the women is going to get married soon with all that entails. I feel like while everyone is kind to each other in the group and celebrates their successes and lives, I am overlooked and even ignored, often. friendship groupは「友達のグループ」でいいでしょうか?with all that entailsとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 高校1年 英文翻訳

★至急翻訳お願いします Life is full of adventures. Never give up,and have more guts! These are the mottos kept in Akiko 's mind. I don't like to think about the things I can't do. Instead ,I like to think about the things I can do. I want people around me to change and I also want to change and grow. By making the most of her abilities,she hopes that other deaf people will follow suit. I believe dreams are for everyone

• things that happenについて

日記をつけてる内容の話です。 Anything and everything.I mention the weather,what I feel like doing,things that happen at home,and so on. 上記の英文で,things that happen をwhat happenやthe things which happenに置き換えられないのでしょうか?what I feel like doing,things のwhatと,things that happenのthatは関係代名詞だと思うのですが、どちらともwhatかthatにそろえてかかれてないのはなぜでしょうか? 根本的に誤った文法の理解をしているのか、よくわかりません。 誰か教えて下さい。よろしくお願いします。

• 3つ教えてください。

1.I developed "shin splints" condition in my legs, この”shin Splint"は何と訳すのでしょうか。 2.also I like walking and chi kung このchi kungとはなんでしょうか? 3.After Jogging I feel like a loose weigh. And I too, try to do not too much jogging.It seems many women have trouble their knees. ジョギングの後何か体重が減るような気がします。私もしすぎないようにしてます。女性は膝の故障が多いみたいです。 これであってますでしょうか?よろしくご指導ください。

• よろしくお願いします

I'm dating a guy who works out of town and is home every four weeks. "Jake" calls and texts often and says he misses me all the time. Here's what bothers me: Jake always asks me how I feel about him. He says, "Do you even like me?" I think it's because I don't drop everything when he calls like the other women he has dated. drop everythingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• i would like,also-のalsoの位置について

"i would like,also,to thank my family-" "his alleged actions are,therefore derived from relatives and neighbors" こういったかんじの文を読んだとき,"i would like also"のalso また、"his alleged actions are,therefore"のthereforeの位置が 理解できないです。i would also like to thankなら、 おかしくない気がするのですが、文的に違いはなんなのでしょうか。 また、thereforeの文については全く理解できません。だれかアドバイスおねがいします。