• ベストアンサー

名詞が二つ並んでなんかわかりません。

The only two specimens bird so far found were so unlike any ordinary bird in their construction~ このtwo specimens bird の名詞の並び方がしゃくぜんとしません。two bird specimensではいけないのでしょうか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

この文はおかしいです。 two specimens bird はtwoが付いているのにbirdが単数になっていて、動詞がwereと複数になっています。 そこで文の並びでオリジナルが無いかと検索すると、 https://archive.org/stream/BirdWatchingAndBirdBehaviour/Bird%20watching%20and%20bird%20behaviour_djvu.txt この中ではtwo specimens of birds となっています。

関連するQ&A

• 代名詞の問題教えてください

代名詞の問題教えてください (   )にはどれが入りますか。和訳も教えてください。 1The issue is one for (each/every/me/we/us) students to discuss. 2He cares so little about his meal that (anything/nothing/everything/something) will do so long as it fills his stomach. 3These two disliked (every/all/each)other so much that it was difficult for them to come to (no/some/any) agreement even in defence of their own interests. よろしくお願いします

• 代名詞が指す名詞を教えてください。

It is not enough to read great books once only. They tell so much about the world and life and human character that it cannot all be taken in at one reading. という英文の最後のitはどの名詞の代名詞になっているのでしょうか

• どなたか教えてください。

どなたか教えてください。 QNo.5983027に関連する質問です。 By determining the fraction of a type, or isotope, of carbon in bone fragments and charcoal, the specimens were found to be 17,500 to 18,300 years old. ~ of type, or isotope, of carbon in ~と“,”を多用するのでしょうか? ネーティブには自然なのでしょうか? それとも、新聞の記事特有のものためでしょうか? 私が英訳すると By determining the ratio of isotope to normal carbon in bone and charcoal, the specimens were found to be 17500 to 18300 years old. こんな感じ感じになりました。

• 英語の意味を教えてください。

awesome:D so far I like their songs.definitely post links if their are any.:D この意味がわかる方、どうか教えてください。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英作文 ー so+形容詞+名詞+that 構文

so+形容詞+名詞+that 構文 や as+形容詞+名詞+as構文  を使って作文したいのですが、要点がよく分かりません。 例えば数えられる名詞だと He said it in so high a voice that we were able to hear him clearly. (辞書から) どんな形容詞でもこの形はとれるのでしょうか? また、これが複数や数えられない名詞になるとどうなりますか? so high voicesとかso high qualityという言い方は可能でしょうか? suchとどう違ってくるのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• so far 「今まで、今までのところ」

I have so far bought two shirts and a pair of shoes. 参考書にこの文の so far は、イコール until now と解説してありましたが、本当にそうなんですか? 僕は so far = up to now だと思うのですが…。

• 和訳をお願いします!

Parents were so enthusiastic about the new school and its progressive philosophy that their children quickly learned that their family and school were of one mind not only about the importance of learning, but about what children had to do to learn.

• 代名詞の問題教えてください

代名詞の問題教えてください 1( )に代名詞何がはいりますか? 1-1 Each of us are willing to do (   ) best. 1-2 There were ten eggs in (     ), but only four are here now. 1-3 Will you lend me some money, if you have (    )? 2誤りを教えてください 2-1 His neither books seems very interesting to university students. 2-2 Every my book has a label on its back. 2-3 All of houses had white walls and blue roofs. よろしくおねがいします

• 名詞の後のit

Donating items to charity may be a sign of generosity, but any generosity it may demonstrate is rarely a permanent virtue, since most donors make donations only intermittently. generosity it may~とありますが、このitって何故名詞のgenerosityの後ろに置くことが出来るのでしょうか。

• 英文和訳

At the moment big structural shifts, such as the growth of China and India, are influencing prices less than one might think. The two Asian giants are demanding more food (and more types of food), but so far their own farmers have largely satisfied that, so they have not needed to trade much (though that would change dramatically if China were to import wheat this year). どなたかお願いしますm(__)m