• ベストアンサー

添削お願いします。

いつもお世話になり、ありがとうございます。英文の添削、よろしくお願いします。 infantは乳児と言う意味の他に法律用語では「未成年者」と言う意味もある。 By the law terms, “infant” has the meaning of underage other than baby. 外国人の方と2人きりでプライベートで話をするのは初めてなので緊張します。 This is my first time to talk with someone from the overseas face to face, so I am a little nervous. (プライベートとは授業以外でということです。個人レッスンで1対1で話したことはあるので。)

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

>infantは乳児と言う意味の他に法律用語では「未成年者」と言う意味もある。 By the law terms, “infant” has the meaning of underage other than baby. In regal language,"infant" has the meanings of "minor" other than "baby". "Infant" has several meanings. In legal language,it means "minor" other than "baby". >外国人の方と2人きりでプライベートで話をするのは初めてなので緊張します。 This is my first time to talk with someone from the overseas face to face, so I am a little nervous. This is pretty tense because it is my first time to talk with someone from the overseas face to face. This is my first time to talk with people from other countries face to face. So this situation makes me a little nervous. 等ではいかがでしょう。

junglelaw
質問者

お礼

こんにちは! 挨拶が遅れてすみません。 回答有難うございました! 良い手本を見せて頂きました。 大変参考になりました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• kiyotta
  • ベストアンサー率13% (12/92)
回答No.1

法律用語 legal terms underage 未成年の(形容詞です)   In legal terms,“infant”means “minor”other than“baby” I am a little nervous → I feel a little nervousの方がよいかと

junglelaw
質問者

お礼

挨拶が遅れてすみません。 回答&ご指摘有難うございました!

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

オンライン英会話がテーマの自由英作文です(後半) On the other hand, there are a lot of online English schools which offer low price lessons to us using Skype. Their prices are lower than even 200 yen per lesson when we choose affordable packages. In terms of opportunities of speaking, it is of great help for improvement to make use of them. If you want to learn English conversation, first I recommend you have lessons of such online schools. Then if you study by yourself simultaneously to help your conversation become better, I can assure you that your English conversation will be getting much better. 後半はなんとなくyouで通しましたが、よくわかりません よろしくお願いします

• 契約書の文書の意味

契約書で下記の意味が分かりません。教えてください。 there are no promises, representations, conditions, provisions or terms related thereto other than those set forth in this Agreement; 「本契約に規定されたもの以外の関連する約束、表明、条件、条項または期間はない。」 これでよいでしょうか

• 添削をお願いします。(日英です)NO2

7月5日に質問した文をもう一度考えて修正しました。。 目は、長い方の触角の先端に付いていますが、視力はほとんどなく、明暗を判断する程度の能力しかありません。 The eyes are with the tip of long side of feeler, but have little eyesight; they have no more eyesight than recognizing light and shade. そして、他の貝類と決定的に異なる点は、軟体動物の多くがエラで呼吸するのに対し、カタツムリは、陸上で進化したために肺で呼吸するということです。 And it is conclusively different from other shells; almost mollusk breathes through gills while a snail breathes through lungs to have evolved by land. いずれにせよ、カタツムリとは、陸に棲む貝の一種であり、ナメクジが貝殻に入り込んだ『ヤドカリ』ではありませんので、お間違いなく。 Anyway, a snail isn't a "hermit clubs" who happens to be a slug who sneaked into someone's shell, but the shellfish family. Don't get confused.

• エッセイでの比較級

こんにちは 英文で恋愛エッセイを読んでいます。 その中に It is very tiring to live your life with someone and have to pretend to be other than who and what you really are. という文章があります。 つたない英語力で「ありのままの自分ではなく別人のように振る舞って生きる人生は疲れるもの」という様な意味だろうな~と漠然と訳してみるのですが(違うかも知れませんが)どうもすっきりしません。 一番引っかかってるのは[than who]という文です、whoの後の文は省略されてるにしろどう訳していいかわかりません。with someone・・の下りも「誰かのように」と訳していいものか・・ もう一つ You will be able to start off the relationship on a true basis. 「true basis」とは何ですか?『真実の土台の上で関係を開始することができるでしょう』・・・なんて訳したら下手な翻訳ソフトよりひどいですね(汗) この2つ調べてもいまいちピンと来ません ご教授の程よろしくお願いいたします。

• ゼオライトの陽イオン交換についての英文について

ゼオライトの特性に関する論文で、 The hydration spheres of high field-strength cations prevent their close approach to the seat of charge in the framework; hence, cations of low field-strength are generally more tightly held and selectively exchanged by the zeolite than other ions. という部分があります。 この分野の知識がまったくないため、どういう意味なのかがよくわかりません。 特に、 high field-strength cations と low field-strength cations はどのような訳語を用いるべきか seat of charge とは何のことか をご存知の方、ご教授ください。 またこの文全体の意味を解説してもらえたらありがたいです。

• 挿入句について

Killerという単語の意味を説明している英文があります。 Killer” is also an informal word that we use as an adjective rather than a noun. Someone will say, “This is a killer car,” or “That's a killer dress.” They usually mean it is something that is really great. Sometimes, “killer” can mean a thing that is very difficult or describes something that is very difficult. “That test was a killer,” or “That was a killer test,” meaning it was a very difficult test. So, it has taken on some other meanings, killer has, over the last several years. The word “murderer” can also be used for a very difficult situation. “This heat is murder,” meaning it's very difficult. It's very challenging. Or “That test was murder.” It was very tough. It was very hard. 以上の英文の中で So, it has taken on some other meanings , killer has, over the last several years. のカンマの間の killer has を除くと 「過去数年に渡って、いくつかの他の意味を持ってきた」という感じの意味だと思いますが、 挿入されたkiller hasはどういう意味でしょうか。 又、hasと動詞で終わっています。目的語があると思うのですが、それはどれを指すのでしょうか。 以上です。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の添削をお願いします。(長めの文です。)

I have private dream. 私はひそかな夢を持っています。 It is becoming a pharmacist. 薬剤師になることです。 It is my yearning. 薬剤師は私の憧れです。 Because, it know medicine well. なぜかと言うと、薬剤師は薬のことをよく知っているからです。 It is necessary to graduate from Department of Pharmacy for that. そのためには、薬学部を卒業しなければなりません。 And I want to proceed to university. なので、私は大学へ進学したいです。 I have a dream to fulfill one more. 私には、もう一つ叶えたい夢があります。 I want to become it better than become a pharmacist. 私は薬剤師になるより、それの方がなりたいです。 It is becoming a school counselor. それは、スクールカウンセラーになることです。 I'd like to talk to people who are anxious or in trouble, or who don't want to go to school, and make them feel at least a little bit better. 私は、悩んでいる人や、学校へ行きたくないと思っている人の相談相手になって、少しでも気分を軽くしてあげたいと思っています。 I want to become a person needed by someone. 私は誰かに必要とされる人になりたいです。 -------------------------------------------------- すみません。英語のことで三度目の質問です・・・。 英語がすごく苦手で、しかも、テキスト翻訳を使ったところがあるので、 すごく間違っていると思います。 ここで教えてもらった部分もあります。 日本語がおかしいとか、英文の意味がめちゃくちゃだとか、 こう言い換えた方がいいんじゃないか、など 教えてください。よろしくお願いします。  

• 和訳の希望

英文を和訳していただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 1段落の後半部分ですので、 中途半端ですが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。 One was bad with her nerves, and had frailer health than the others, but not really sick, just a nervous disposition and temperament, There seemed to be a lot of karma for good and bad between the siblings, that made their relationships with each other notable and tying. A tendency to blame each other for things, that go wrong in the family. They were a materialistic bunch, with a taste for traveling, liking possession, money, wanting to be seen to do well. Tending to brag a little and to think that they have done better than the rest. As a child and youth he would have done better at his education than them and been thinner slighter. But well disposed to his siblings and relatives. They are warm frank loyal family, whose words are as good as their bond. They loan each other things, possessions, borrow or loss track possessions to each other, never sure which members of the family has it. Generous, they give each other small gifts.

• 英文の和訳(文法を含め)

現在、イスラムについての論文を読んでいるのですが、 "While realpolitik often dictated that relations with the non-Wahhabi exterior be other than one of jihad, the definition of political oppositioin in terms of theological heterodoxy, both internal and external to the Saudi polity, has remained a consistent trope until the present day." という一文について、 1 realpolitikとは何か。 2 non-Wahhabi exterior "be" は何故原型になるのか。 の二点について、解説いただけたらと思います。 また、the definition が has remained a consistent tropeとは一体どういうことなのか、全体的な意味をご教授ください。

• too~not toの意味と文章の訳

ポッドキャストのスクリプトです。 “Politically correct” の意味を説明する箇所がありました。 “Politically correct” is using words and language carefully so that you don’t offend other people – to get other people mad at you. You often will change the words that we perhaps used to use to describe someone and use language that is less offensive to them. Some people use “politically correct” itself to be an insulting term, saying that people are being too careful not to be offensive. 4行目の Some people use “politically correct” itself to be an insulting term, saying that people are being too careful not to be offensive. の文章ですが、まず、itselfは「そのもの」と解釈し、too~ not to・・・は、いろいろ調べたのですが、 「~しすぎて・・・でないわけにいかない」という意味があるとあったので、 「人はあまりに気を使いすぎるのが不快でないわけないと言って、無礼な言葉である“politically correct(差別のない表現)”を使う人もいる。」 と訳をつけました。 訳をつけましたが、“politically correct”を使う理由は何なのかが理解できませんでした。 以上わからなかった所をまとめますと、 1. itself を付けるのはなぜ? 2. too~ not to・・・の意味 3. “politically correct”を使う人もいる理由 よろしくお願いいたします。

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 引越しでWi-Fiのない環境でPCと有線でg3360プリンターを接続して使用していますが、プリントアウトする際に色が正常に出力されません。
  • 初期設定を有線接続にする必要があるが、PCにネット回線がないために初期設定ができません。
  • 対処法や代替方法があるか教えてください。
回答を見る