Education Techniques for Lifelong Learning:Insights into Adults' Motivation to Learn

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Researchers have found that adults are more intellectually curious, motivated to learn, and willing to take responsibility for their learning compared to children and adolescents.
  • In addition, adults are more focused on their learning goals, and are more concerned with the practical applications and implications of what they learn.
  • These findings highlight the unique characteristics of adult learners and the importance of considering their motivations and goals in educational settings.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文の解説をお願いします

Education Techniques for Lifelong Learning という英文資料を読んでいるのですが、その中で理解できない文がありました。少し長いのですが以下の文です。 In two different studies, researchers found that teachers believed adults to be significantly more intellectually curious, motivated to learn, willing to take responsibility for their learning, willing to work hard at learning, clear about what they want to learn, and concerned with the practical applications and implications of learning than were children and adolescents. 最後の ~ than were children and adolescents. という文の構造は馴染みがなく、どのように解釈したらよいのかわかりません。than の後に be 動詞というのが何かおかしな感じがしています。 比較級 more ~ than の~の部分が非常に長い文だとは思うのですが、訳を含めて解説いただければ幸いです。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

researchers found (that) の後、SV です。 teachers believed O to be C と続きます。 ここの C の部分で more で比較級になっています。 その比較級が複数まとまり、 intellectually curious motivated to learm willing to take ~ willing to work ~ clear about ~ (and) concerned with ~ (これらすべて、more ~で比較級) それに than ~が対応し、children and alolescents were が倒置されています。 すなわち、O to be C の部分に adults were (more で始まる比較級の部分)が隠され(believe の意味が加味) children and adolesents と比較されているのです。 こういう主語同士の比較の場合に、倒置されて、比較されるもう一方が末尾にくることがあります。 成人が、子供たちや青年よりも、知的好奇心が強く、学ぶ動機があり、 学ぶことに責任を進んでとり、学ぶことに熱心に進んで取り組み、 何を学びたいかがはっきりしていて、学習の実際的な応用や異議に関心があると 教師たちは信じている、と研究者たちはわかった。 勉強するのに若ければ若いほどいい、というのが一般論ですが、 大人の方にも利点はある、という話で前に読んだことがあります。

zalera
質問者

お礼

were は倒置だったんですね。道理でしっくりこないと思いました。 長い文で倒置が突然使われると途端に混乱させられてしまいます。慣れが必要でしょうか。 ご解説ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.3

I believe the girl to be wiser than is the boy. こういう構造と同じですが、 後半の the boy の方は believe に組み込まず、 is によって、一般事実としています。 日本語では 「その男の子より、女の子の方が賢い、と信じる」 とすると区別できませんが、 後半は信じる内容でなく、現実とか、一般に信じられていること。 その男の子が現に賢い程度より、私が信じる、女の子の賢さの程度の方が勝っている。

zalera
質問者

お礼

believeとは分けて考え一般事実とするんですね。知りませんでした。 短い例文を出してくださったので理解しやすかったです。 ご回答ありがとうございました。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

1。  解説     簡単に骨組みを見ると、下記のようになります。 In two different studies, researchers found that teachers believed adults to be significantly more A, B, C, D, E, than were children and adolescents 二つの研究で、研究者たちは、A,B,C, D, E と言う点で、大人の方が子どもや青少年より、優れていると教師たちが、信じていることを発見した。 A = 知能的に好奇心を有し     B = 研究の動機が大きく     C = 自分の学習に進んで責任をとり     D = 自分の学習目的がはっきりしており     E =  学習の実際的な応用や意味に気を使い 2。  訳     In two different studies, researchers found that teachers believed adults to be significantly more intellectually curious, motivated to learn, willing to take responsibility for their learning, willing to work hard at learning, clear about what they want to learn, and concerned with the practical applications and implications of learning than were children and adolescents. 二つの研究で、研究者たちは、知能的に好奇心を有し、研究の動機が大きく、自分の学習に進んで責任をとり、自分の学習目的がはっきりしており、学習の実際的な応用や意味に気を使うと言う点で、大人の方が子どもや青少年より、優れている、と教師たちが信じていることを発見した。

zalera
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます。文の意味が理解できました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の解説お願いします。TOEICの問題集です。

Although I work full time, I am more than willing to take time from my day to help in whatever way I can to see an agreeable and safe solution to what I believe to be a serious health problem. 私はフルタイムで働いていますが、私ができるあらゆる方法で、私が深刻な健康問題と考えることに対する安全で同意しうる解決策を探すのを助けるために時間をとりたいと思います。 more thanのところがよくわかりません。よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の解説をお願いします

That turban means more to me than any award I have or could ever be presented. この文の「could ever」は過去を表わしているのか、未来を表しているのか、どちらでしょう。併せて解説もして頂けませんか。

• 英文が正しいかどうか教えて下さい

下の英文の、おかしな文やアドバイスなどがあれば教えてください。 Second I will state about the study. Now children have to go to school in nine year. We can learn and study that we need things for live. But we can learn not only school but also television and movies. We have education channel for children. Children can learn by watch it. For example, words, vocabulary. But television and movies have more. Movie teaches us important things in story. For example, dream come true and friend. School teacher don’t teach us about it. We learn a lot of things watch television I like watch television about famous people’s success process. And we can learn culture other countries. So I think that television and movies teach us a lot of things. よろしくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

But as one Japanese reporter for an English language newspaper points out, the exposure to more than one language and culture probably makes one more willing and able to understand a foreign country, wherever that may be. makes以降の文の訳がわからないので、その辺りの少し詳しい解説も付けていただけると嬉しいです。よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳をお願いします

以下の英文を訳してください。 But, as a matter of fact, it didn't, and when it still didn't after more than a year, those remarks that were meant to be kind and reassuring - "ALL young children learn a new language quickly and easily." - began to have the opposite effect.

• 英文の解説をお願いします。

The reason they gave for not promoting me was that I was worth more to the company as a salesman than a manager. (出典 スーパートレーニング実践活用例文555) この英文で、全体の意味は理解できるのですが、they gave for not promoting me のところが、文法的に理解できません。それと、 I was worth more to the company as a salesman than a manager. は、 I was more worth to the company as a salesman than a manager. では、だめなのでしょうか? 解説の方、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英文の疑問

Although I work full time, I am more than willing to take time from my day to help in whatever way I can to see an agreeable and safe solution to what I believe to be a serious health problem. 訳 深刻な健康上の問題をもたらすだろうと私は思うのですが、それに対する適切で安全な解決策を施すにあたって、会社勤務の身ではありますが、なにか手伝えることがあれば喜んで時間をお作りしたいと思います。 この文では whatever way I can はhelpが省略されているのでしょうか。 また、 what I believe to beはどういう用法でしょう。 間接疑問文のような使い方でしょうか。 宜しくお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします!

Parents were so enthusiastic about the new school and its progressive philosophy that their children quickly learned that their family and school were of one mind not only about the importance of learning, but about what children had to do to learn.

• 以下の2つの英文の和訳をお願いします。

以下の2つの英文の和訳をお願いします。 There is much more to a language than its words. There is much more that you do know about your language which cannot so conveniently be looked up , and which you were never explicitly taught. More important , one finds that the more complex and multi-levelled the history is , and the more important the issue which it raises for today , the less it is possible to sustain a fact-value division.

• 解説をお願いします

一応自分でも解いてみたのですが、答えに自信がないので解説をお願いします。 四択問題です。 1. ( ) Mr. Tanaka was the only one who knew the way to the museum, he drove the car. 1. Although 2. But 3. Since 4. Therefore 私は 4. Therefore を選びました。 4以外は入れると意味が合わなくなると思ったからです。 2. She ( ) aside her book and went to answer the door. 1. lied 2. lain 3. laid 4. lay 私は 3. laid を選びました。 ただ「went to answer」の訳がイマイチ分かりません・・・。 並び替えの問題です。 1. 「木の葉一枚落ちても、聞こえるほど静かな夜でした。」 The night was so quiet that even (fall/to/have/leaf/might/a/been/heard) . so that構文が使われているというのは分かったのですが、これは全く分かりませんでした。 2. 「外国語を身につけるのは予想以上に忍耐力が必要なものだ。」 Learning a foreign language (be expected/might/more patience/takes/than) . 私の答え takes more patience than might be expected. ここでの「might」はどんな意味で使われていますか? 回答お待ちしております。