• ベストアンサー

英訳をお願いします

以下の英文を訳してください。 But, as a matter of fact, it didn't, and when it still didn't after more than a year, those remarks that were meant to be kind and reassuring - "ALL young children learn a new language quickly and easily." - began to have the opposite effect.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

しかしながら、実のところ、親切で勇気を与える目的で口にされた「小さい子どもは、誰でも新しい言語を、速く、楽に身につけるものだ」という言葉は、(その効き目が)なく、1年以上が経った今でさえ(その効き目が)ないばかりか、却って反対の効果をもたらし始めた。

ichigo61
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳お願いいたします。

英訳お願いいたします。 I've been thinking and it occurred to me that I didn't hear you speak a lot of Japanese. I'm really looking forward to hear you speak Japanese ... it must be so ... kawaii :) Please speak a lot of Japanese when you come to Osaka なんとなーくの意味は分かったのですが‥ (あなたの日本語を聞いたことないわ‥と言うニュアンスかな?と解釈しました) 宜しくお願いします。

• 英訳していただけませんか?

英訳していただけませんか? 数年付き合った人へ別れのメールをしました。 私はこの土地をどうしても離れなければならなく、好きなまま別れたので私のなかでは未練がありますがこれも運命だと受け止めています。 そのなかで「I don't have to force myself to hate you, right?」と私が言ったところ、彼からの返事で「Please don't hate me, and I won't hate you. It just wasn't meant to be。。」と彼は言ってきました。 この彼の文章は、 嫌いにならないで、僕は君を嫌いにならない、僕達は運命じゃなかった。。と解釈していいのでしょうか? Pleaseを入れられると何だかかしこまった言い方のように聞こえるのですが。 ご意見お願いします。

• 英訳お願いします

"We would like to start a shop - it would include expensive French fisherman's rain gear." It's only a matter of time before the UK is submerged in their epic sound waves. "We came from the ocean and we'll return there one day," Fire For Effect states. "BLUE is a way of envisioning the future together, collectively. The sea levels are rising, sea monsters have been waking up, and we are on the verge of awakening something very old from the depths of the sea, and it's probably going to be really pissed off." 長文ですが、どなたかよろしくお願いします

• 英訳の分からないところお願い致します。

"I got drunk and fell over a lot. I wasn't happy," he said later that year. "And I never had a drink problem, no matter what the papers said. Not having anything to do was the hardest thing. I let myself waste away doing nothing and, for a while, I bought in to that rock'n'roll thing. I jumped from one myth to another. It was a security blanket." *ロビーウイルアムズが飲酒問題について語った時の記事です。 僕は酒を飲んでなんども転んだ。僕は幸せじゃなかった。 のあとよろしくお願いします

• ラムズフェルドが言っている意味が分かりません

↓全文 http://www.defenselink.mil/transcripts/2004/tr20041208-secdef1761.html 12月8日にクウェートを訪問した時のやりとりなんですが、 "And it's essentially a matter of physics. It isn't a matter of money. It isn't a matter on the part of the Army of desire. It's a matter of production and capability of doing it." と言っているのですが、"army of desire"ってどういう意味なんでしょうか?

• 英訳

「ドライブは楽しいよね、私も好きです。車に酔わない体質だったら私ももっとドライブが楽しめるのになぁ。」 って Driving is so much fun. I like it. If I didn't tend to get car sick, it would be more fun. で大丈夫でしょうか?

• 英訳してみました、お願いします

convenient, incovenientを使って色々英文を作ってみました。 合っていますでしょうか?添削の程よろしくお願いします。 (1)私は駅の近くに住んでいるので、通勤が便利です。 I live near the train station so it is covenient to get to work. (2)本を借りるのに20分も車乗って、また戻ってくるなんて不便だよ。※新しく出来た図書館について話している会話です It is inconvenient to drive for twenty minutes for a book, and come back. (3)A『そのホテルは空港の近くにあるます。』   B『では、空港からの行き来が便利ですね。』 A The hotel is near the airport.  B Then, it is convenient to get in and out from the airport, isn't it?

• 再び構文把握の問題です

教えてください。本当にすみませんが、自分なりに頑張っても分からないので再投稿させていただきました。先ほどと違う文章です。 強調構文の考え方です。It is~thatと言う文章でこれらを省略しても文章が成り立っているのなら強調構文である。と書いてありました。 It is a fact that he wants to know.→a fact he wants to know→He wants to know a fact.となり、たとえば、It is a fact that he has won the game.は同じようにやるとa factの役割が不明になり、前とは違って成り立たない。よってこれは強調構文ではない。ここまでは理解できます。 しかしこの考え方が次の文章では分かりません。この文章ではどうやって上のような考え方を当てはめればいいのでしょうか。 It ewasn't until mysuitcases and I were piled into a little Fait and the man in dark glasses was telephoning to his mamma that he would be late for supper, that the voice of my mamma could be heard above my desperation. この文章は「It ewasn't until」と「that the voice of 」の「that」が呼応してます。

• 英語仮定法における大過去について

“The ball was thrown to Jim and he bobbled it. If it were me [to whom it had been thrown], I would have caught it easily.” In most cases, it should be “If it were I.” という英語による文法の説明がありました。しかしこれは時制上、”If it had been me, I would have caught it easily.”となるべきではないのでしょうか? 同じように、”He didn’t collide with me. He could have caused me and himself serious harm if he crashed into me.”と言うネイティブがいるのですが、これも” He didn’t collide with me. He could have caused me and himself serious harm if he had crashed into me.” と言うべきところではありませんか? 大過去の形をとるべきであろうと理解される部分の時制を、過去形で表現しているネイティブの言語専門家による仮定法の文例を散見し、混乱しています。 どのようなことが理由か教えて頂ければ幸いです。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英訳お願いいたします。

英訳お願いいたします。 Oh last Friday I went to the super market and I took some pictures of viennoiserie. They don't look very nice since it's only from the super market. But it should give you an idea what it is. It's quite nice. Many people were looking at me thinking ... "why is he taking pictures of viennoiserie?" ... Of course they don't know that I'm taking pictures for my cute ●●:) Are you sure it's not too much trouble to bring a hair dryer? I don't know anything about hair dryers. Maybe you could teach me what's a good one when you're here, ok? If you wouldn't have enough space or it it would be too troublesome I can just get one. But I want to get a good one ... because I don't want your hair to catch fire or something :) Grrr .. time for me to go to work. In my case it's a little bit the opposite ... I keep thinking of you instead of my work. I don't think anyone can blame me ...after all you're sooo pretty. I hope those 3 weeks will pass very quickly and I can come and pick you up at the airport!