• ベストアンサー
※ ChatGPTを利用し、要約された質問です(原文:次の文で、)

Tom made a toy horse for his daughter

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Tom made a toy horse for his daughter using straw and bamboo twigs.
  • The sentence 'Tom made his daughter a toy horse with some straw and bamboo twigs' can be rewritten as 'Tom made a toy horse for his daughter with some straw and bamboo twigs.'
  • The phrase 'with some straw and bamboo twigs' should not be separated from 'a toy horse' as it describes the materials used to make the toy horse.

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • tsuntoma
  • ベストアンサー率55% (10/18)
回答No.4

質問者様の感性で正しいです。 Tom made a toy horse for his daughter with some straw and bamboo twigs. これだとwith以降がdaughterにかかり、娘が道具を持っていると誤解されてしまうので文法的に(チェック)です。 正しくは、 Tom made a toy horse with some straw and bamboo twigs for his daughter. For his daughter, Tom made a toy horse with some straw and bamboo twigs. のどちらかでなくてはいけません。

genki98
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。 参考になりました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (3)

回答No.3

機械的な書き換えをするのではなく、何のために書き換えるのかを考えるといいと思います。 一般的に英語は大切な言葉は後回しにする傾向があります。(または倒置して、文頭に回すこともあります。)元の文は with 以下が後に来ていますので、この文の要点は「藁と竹ひごで」になります。その意味合いを伝える文は、with 以下を後に回す文だと思います。 for 以下が文の中で大切なら、元の文を第三文型で書くべきだと思います。しかし元の文は第四文型ですので、大切な部分が「馬のおもちゃを」にあります。さらにその後に「藁と竹ひごで」が続くのです。 >with以下は、a toy horse にかかっている これは正しいです。しかし、for 以下は made につながっていますので、順序を決める理由にはならないと思います。

genki98
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。 参考になりました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
回答No.2

with some straw and bamboo twigs「~で」という道具の with で 名詞にかかるというより,make という動詞にかかるので, 切り離して最後にしているのだと思います。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.1

どちらでも正解になると思います。 > with以下は、a toy horse にかかっているので切り離さないほうがいいのではないでしょうか?  私の感覚では his daughter を前に出したい気がします。元の文が 「娘に玩具を作ってやった」 と言ってから、それがどんな玩具であったかを説明する形になっているので、書き換え後の文でもやはりそれに従ったのでしょう。「娘に」 ということを言いたかったのだと見れば、his daughter を後ろに追いやるのは少し不自然な気がします。

genki98
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。 参考させていただきます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 次の文を否定文に直してください。 お願いします

1.My daughter is very good at sports. 2.My son went to Frankfurt last week. 3.You must take the dog for a walk. 4.Yukiko was singing a song.5.Be late for the meeting. 6.I have already done my homework. 7.My aunt has a very old coins. 8.I want some old coins. 9.Our teacher shut the door. 10.He has to call on his uncle on his way home.

• acknowledge

I have been with my husband for five years. I have a daughter from a previous marriage who is now 10 and a 4-year-old daughter with my husband. Every year, his parents and other extended family acknowledge my younger daughter’s birthday. ここでのacknowledgeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 次の文の意味がよくわからないです

Some researchers fear that patenting biological materials will result in the patent holder's attempting or threatening to enjoin further research trhough a legal action for patent infringement. through...から文末までがどうそれをthroughしてそうなるのかが...infringementは違反ですよね?

• 英語を日本語に翻訳してください!

こんばんは。 英語を日本語に翻訳して欲しいです! Sykhe and the White Horse(スーホと白い馬)からです。 (1)As he played,Sukhe remembered happy times with the white horse and the sadness of his death. (2)His white horse spoke to him,"Do not cry for me.  Use my bones,use my skin to make an instrument,and I will always be by your side." (3)Sukhe made a wonderful instrument called a morin khuur――a horse guitar. (called a morin khuur=馬頭琴と呼ばれている) (4)Everyone came to listen when he played his morin khuur. 4つあるんですが、よろしくお願いします!!

• 疑問文の作り方がわかりません。

疑問文の作り方がわかりません。 正しい答えを教えていただけないでしょうか。 ▼基本文 He saw a man sitting in his car with a hose in his mouth. ▽書きたい問題&答え What did he a man doing ? (彼は何をしている男をみたのですか?   希望の答え=sitting) Where did he a man sitting in with a hose in his mouth. (彼は口にホースを加えた男をどこでみたのですか?    希望の答え=in his car) How did he see a man in his car ? (彼は車の中のどんな男を見たのですか? 希望の答え=a sitting with horse in his mouth) 答えもそのような答えを導けるのかもよくわかっていません。 親切な方、教えていただけませんか。

• 以下の文の構造を教えてください。特にwhen at full spee

以下の文の構造を教えてください。特にwhen at full speedのwhen のあとに何かが省略されているのか、よく分かりません。  He was the only horse I ever possessed that when at full speed could be bronght to a sudden stand and, with a touch on his neck be made to sin round as on a pivot.

• 意味を教えてください

We closed Tom's account and opened another one, putting cash in it for him and trying to pay down some of his bills to keep him from losing utilities. pay down some of his billsの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 次の文の英訳をお願いしますm(_ _)m

Next door is the National Museum and Gallery, a treasure chest of anything and everything to do with Wales and Welsh life - and more besides, for the museum also has a world-famous collection of French Impressionist paintings, including priceless works by Monet, Renoir, and Van Gogh.

• 英文を訳して下さい。

次の英文を訳して下さい。 Tom did some clever tricks. He put his head and hands on the ground and lifted his into the air.

• 次の文の英語、これでいいでしょうか(2)

(2)I checked the the question corner of the network in order to look for the ingrediant of cooking, I found a question "some harmful insect had mixed with rice" was brought near by a certain person. Although I haven't such experience until now, I got to know that there was a possibility that an insect may be mixed with rice, and became very uneasy. 私は、料理の食材を探すために、ネットの質問コーナーを見ていたら、ある人から「お米に虫がわいてしまった」という質問が寄せられていた。私は今までそうした経験はなかったが、米に虫が混じり込む恐れがあると知って、とても不安になった。

Rubix22の同時出力について
このQ&Aのポイント
  • Rubix22のヘッドホンとスピーカーの同時出力について質問があります。
  • Rubix22はヘッドホンとスピーカーの同時出力が可能なのか疑問です。
  • ヘッドホンとスピーカーを同時に使用したい場合、Rubix22を購入しても問題ないのか知りたいです。
回答を見る