英作文の修正について

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英作文修正についての質問です。
  • 英語の文法ミスについて相談です。
  • 「the college is famous for the fact that there are a lot of good teachers」という文は変ですか?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英作文

この間英会話で、「その大学はたくさん良い先生がいることで有名です」という文を英語に変えたとき、the college is famous for that there are a lot of good teachers. という文をとっさに作ったのですが、後々考えてみるとfor のあとにthat 節ではつなげないので文法ミスということに気づきました。  そこでthe college is famous for the fact that there are a lot of good teachers という文を考えたのですが、この文章は変でしょうか?  自分の解釈だと、前置詞にthat 節は繋げないので(例外を除く)、代わりにthe fact that を使ってSVのある文章をつなぐようにしてるんですが、the fact にすると少し変な文章になってしませんかと心配しております。 ご教授ください。

• 2no-7
  • お礼率75% (82/108)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.3

The college is famous for the fact that there are a lot of good teachers. the factという語が強く、そうしたことの事実が大事という意味合いが濃い文ですが、文としては成り立っています。 「その大学はたくさん良い先生がいることで有名です」 The college is famous for having a lot of quality teachers. 特にfactなんて入れなくてもhavingとすれば済む問題です。 The college is famous for having an outstanding faculty. facultyで教授陣全体をさすこともできます。大学の先生にteacherはそんなには使いません。 以上、御参考になればと思います。

2no-7
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.2

the fact thatでも通じますよ。 ただ冗長になることが多いのであまり使わないかな famous for having a lot~ There are ~, and it's famous ということが多い気がします。 間違いではないですよ

2no-7
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1.  そこでthe college is famous for the fact that there are a lot of good teachers という文を考えたのですが、この文章は変でしょうか?      いえ、変ではありません。 2。The college is well-known for having a number of good teachers とも。

2no-7
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 中2レベルの英作文(町紹介)

町の紹介文で (1)私は~に住んでいる。                   I live in Takayama. (2)岐阜の北に位置する。                  It's in the north of Gifu. (3)朝市で有名です。                 It's famous for Morning Market.. (4)高山にはたくさんの木がある。                 There are a lot of trees in Takayama.                 または                   There are a lot of trees here. (there じゃなくていいですか)                  または It has many trees in Takayama. (5)この町が大好き I love this city. これらの英文大丈夫ですか 中2の子供がわかりやすいアドバイスよろしくお願いします。

• 英作文

「そこに何があるか知っている」という文を英訳すると I know what kind of stuff is there.であってますか、他にも作ってみたのですが I know what there are there. I know what kind of things are there. 自然な表現を教えてください

• 自由英作文の添削をお願いします。

何度も失礼します。前回、前々回とも詳しく、ご丁寧な添削ありがとうございます。 あつかましいのですが、また自由英作文の添削をお願いします。 グローバル化がもたらすメリットとデメリット・それに対する意見 The merit of globalization is that we can access to technology, imformation, services and markets all over the world. They are good for local communities because they could take part in world economic. But,the demerit of globalization is that there is a possibility that individual distinctions of culture and society become erased by an increasingly homogeneous global culture. For example, I have been to Thailand before. I hoped that I enjoyed ehnic costume and delicious food wagons although they are dirty. But, The scene of Thailand seldom change to a spectacle of Japan. There were a lot of department stores of Japan, and many people enjoyed shopping with the dress in good taste. As my conclution, it is important for us to advance globalization as we remain individual culture and society. 長くなってしまいすいません。どんな些細な点でもご指摘いただければありがたいです。よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の問題です。

英作文の問題です。 「この騒がしい街にこんな静かな場所があるとは夢にも思わなかった。」  という日本語を英語にする問題なのですが、解答では、 「I have never dreamed of there being such a quiet place in this noisy town. ] となっています。 dreamed of + 名詞/動名詞=~を夢見る という成句みたいなんですが、 そのあとの、there=such a ~ を説明してるんだと考えますが、 その間にあるbeing っていうのは、なんですか?  of 以下が名詞節で、間にthat があると考えて、that 節(that + S V )が始まると考えて、 there is/was such a ~ の文章であると解釈すればいいのでしょうか? being にするのはなぜでしょうか? こんな場所があるとは~ の ある という存在を表しているという解釈でいいのでしょうか? それで、dream of に続くのが名詞節だから、being にしている。 でも、there は必要なのか? なんだか、納得がいかないので、英語に詳しい方、ご指南いただけないでしょうか? この問題で躓いて今前に進めません!涙 よろしくお願い致します。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。m(__)m

10/10で評価してくれると嬉しいです オリンピックの開催場所を自分の国の都市ですべきか、そうでないか、またそれはなぜですか I agree with the opinion that my country city invite Orympics ,because there are a lot of merits. In fact ,Tokyo is far more famous city than any other in japan and if various country tourists visited japan because of Orympics ,the country would get a lot of economical merits. Forexample, the tourist rate will be rapidly increasing and so tourists can get an opportunity to know a lot of japanese culture Ofcourse, if own country invited orympics there would be a variety of troubles such as fighting , arguement at a Orympics stadium ,and so on. However, If everyone had manners, it would rather transform such trubles into an opportunity to get international communication and contribute to grobarization. Therefore, I think that own country city should invite Orympics.

• 作文

英語の授業で、自分の大学や授業の様子を書き、レポートにまとめる、という課題が出されました。 15個の質問に答えて、それを整理して文章にします。 (以下、質問の答え) 1.My college is located in the suburbs. 2.My college is very old. 3.My college is small. 4.There are two schools in my college. 5.There are five departments in my school. 6.There are more than 50 students in my class. 7.There are more than half female students in my class. 8.I come to college six days a week. 9.I have more than 20 classes a week. 10.I have no class with foreign teacher. 11.I never eat breakfast before coming to college. 12.I sometimes late for my first class in the morning. 13.I eat lunch in a classroom. 14.I usually leave the collge around 5 o'clock. 15.I usually go straight home after school. これらをどのように整理して、文章にすればいいのか、よくわかりません。 文章にしようとしても、"My college is..."とか、"I..."といった文が並ぶだけの、ぎこちない文章しかできません。 こういった文章をどのようにまとめればいいのか、教えていただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします

入試の予想問題です。語彙がないので簡単なフレーズで書きたいと思っています。不自然なところがあれば訂正お願いします。 質問 もしあなたが通うことになった大学が、生涯学習を奨励しているために同級生に高齢者が多いとしたらあなたはそういう学習環境を望ましいと思いますか?理由をあげ60~70語の英語で答えなさい。  I think it is undesirable to study with old people. If there are many old people in my college,I will feel unpleased. One reason is that I will not be able to talk with them friendly. I want to make friends with same age people and enjoy to talk. Second reason is that teachers will not be able to give lectures that suit for the student`s levels. (69words)

• 将来の夢についての英作文で困っています!

現在中2です。 冬休みの宿題で将来の夢についての英作文がでました。 そこで色々やって作って、今日塾の先生にも見てもらいました。 でも、少しやり直しの部分がでてしまいました。 明日も塾に行くけれど、明日は完成したのを見せたいので できれば今日中に完成させたいんですっ!! 少し直したのですが、まだおかしいところがあるかもしれません。 もしおかしいところなどありましたら、アドバイスお願いします!! Hello, everyone. I want to be a teacher of cram school. Why? First, I like my cram school. It is a lot of fun. There are a lot of companions in the cram school. They help each other. Second, I like teachers of my cram school. Some classes of my cram school teachers are very comprehensible. And, they teach important things other than study. Third, I learnt the cram school is not only study. I'm very happy now. If I will be a teacher of cram school I want to teach a lot of important things. So, I want to be a teacher of cram school. Thank you. 特に私はThey help each other.と Some classes of my cram school teachers are very comprehensible.のところが不安です; よろしくお願いしますっ!!

• 英作文

英語が日本語より難しい唯一の点は発音だ。という文章を作った時、 the only point that English is more difficult than Japanese is pronunciation . この文章は正しいでしょうか? the only point とした時に~というthat(the fact thatのような)は使うことができるのでしょうか?

• 至急です!英検2級の英作文添削お願いします!

至急です!英検2級の英作文添削お願いします;;添削だけでもいいのですが、もしわかる方がいらっしゃったら採点もお願いします;; TOPIC Today in Japan, many buildings and public areas have a lot of lights for decoration, such as the lights used during Christmas. Do you think this is a good idea? I don't think this is good idea that buildings and public areas have a lot of lights for decoration. Firstly, if people continue using lights for decoration, the cost likely to get worse and worse. Indeed, electric bill is to get higher and higher now. Thus, using a lot of lights for decoration is waste money. Secondly, using electricity is bad influence for environment. In fact, many people say saving electricity is a good for environment. In conclusion, I think people should abolish using lights of decoration.