Harsh Winter and Stress Relief: The Importance of Nature

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Harsh winter comes after many nuts have been born. The elderly have ever thought that this is because nature is prepareing foods of small birds.
  • In modern lives, everyone is apt to feel stress. You should relieve it by a moderate amount of exercise, listening to music, or spending your time in nature.
  • In this review, we have corrected some sentences in the Japanese-English translation and provided alternative expressions for the original text.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英作文の添削をお願いします。和文英訳です。

(1) 日本語文: 木の実がたくさん実ると、厳しい冬がやってきます。 自然が小鳥たちの食べ物の準備をしているとお年寄りは昔から考えています。 解答: Harsh winter comes after many nuts have been born. The elderly have ever thought that this is because nature is prepareing foods of small birds. (2) 日本語文: 現代の生活では、だれでもストレスがたまりやすい。 適度な運動をするとか、音楽を聴くとか、自然の中で過ごすなどして、ストレスを解消した方がいいでしょう。 解答: In modern lives, everyone is apt to feel stress. You should relieve it by a moderate amount of exercise, listening to music, or spending your time in nature. (「is apt to」は「tend to」だとどうでしょうか?) 今回はやや辞書を使ってしまいました 添削よろしくお願いします

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.1

★Harsh winter comes after many nuts have been born. 添削→Harsh winter comes after many fruits have been borne. 私なら Various kinds trees bear fruits before hash winter comes. ★The elderly have ever thought that this is because nature is prepareing foods of small birds. 添削→The elderly have thought that this is because nature is preparing foods for small birds. preparingのつづりも違います。 私なら Old people since ancient time have been thinking that plants are preparing foods for small birds. ★In modern lives, everyone is apt to feel stress. 添削→In modern times, everyone is apt to feel stressed. Living a modern life, everyone . . . も可。 私なら In modern times, people easily get stressed. In our time, people tend to be stressful. ★You should relieve it by a moderate amount of exercise, listening to music, or spending your time in nature. 添削→You should relieve your stress by having a moderate amount of exercise, listening to music, or spending your time in nature. 私なら You should get rid of stress by having proper exercise, listening to music, or spend sometime in nature. ★(「is apt to」は「tend to」だとどうでしょうか?) →その方がいいと思います。 以上、御参考になればと思います。

Tarski
質問者

お礼

foods of small birdsと書いてしまった部分など、 まだまだ日本語文をそのままに捉えてしまっているなと痛感させられました 表面的な日本語にこだわるのではなく、意味を噛み砕いてその意味を伝えるように英語を書かないとダメですね… 今回も添削ありがとうございました、これからも頑張ります

その他の回答 (1)

• miknnik
  • ベストアンサー率48% (249/513)
回答No.2

<Harsh winter comes after many nuts have been born. The elderly have ever thought that this is because nature is prepareing foods of small birds.> まず接続詞の before, after では特に時制で順番を示さなくても問題ありません:例:I went to bed after I finished my homework. また果物、木の実を「ならす」という単語は普通 produce, bear です。ここでは受動態よりも能動態にした方が自然です。二つ目の文では、文法の上から言えば、ever ではなく always になると思いますが、オリジナルの文でも英語でもこれだと「こう考えている」けれどもそれが正しくない様にも解釈できてしまうので、これは変えた方が良いと思います。 Harsh winter comes after trees bear many (or, bountiful/countless) fruit and nuts. We have known, since the beginning of time, that it is nature's way of producing plenty of food supplies for birds and animals to prepare for a lean season ahead. 上記の文の we は inclusive 'we' で、人類全体を意味します。the beginning of time(太初)としているので、特に「お年寄り」としなくても、もうこの世にはいない祖先の代からの意味になります。木の実や果物は小鳥だけでなく栗鼠から熊まで食べます。 <In modern lives, everyone is apt to feel stress. You should relieve it by a moderate amount of exercise, listening to music, or spending your time in nature.> Be apt to, tend to は文法的には問題ありません。でもここでは「誰でも」現代生活ではストレスを感じると言いたいのですから、わたしなら簡単に:Stress is a fact of modern life とでも書くと思います。By doing~ というのは「~をする事によって」というので良いですが、by a moderate amount of exercise の部分は by exercising moderately とできます。 Stress is a fact of modern life. You should relieve it by exercising moderately, listening to soothing music, or going to the country for a change of scenery (before it starts affecting your mental and/or physical health). ストレスは全てが悪いのではなく、生物にはある程度のストレスが必要です。括弧内は入れても入れなくても問題ありません。

Tarski
質問者

お礼

miknnikさんのネイティブ的な解答例には、自分がいかに投げやりに(と言ったら少し大げさですが)和文英訳をしているのかという事を考えさせられました 試験の限られた時間内に考える事は難しいかもしれないですが、並列の後の形は揃える、などといった事は少しずつ意識していきたいですね 今回も添削ありがとうございました、これからも頑張ります

関連するQ&A

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。和文英訳です。

日本語文: 子供は英語の勉強を早くから始めれば始めるほど、英語を話すのが上手になると信じている人がいる。 しかし、日本語で自分の考えがはっきり言えなければ、いったいどうして英語でそんなことができるのだろう。 まず日本語をしっかり教えるべきだ。 私の解答: Some people believe that the earlier chidren began to study English, the better they become to speak in English. However, Can they talk in English about what they can't express in Japanese? First of all, they should be taught to use Japanese well. しばらくサボっていたら、もう入試直前だというのにすっかり書けなくなっていて割と焦っています ゆったり書きたいところですが、この時期にそんな事も言っていられないので辞書無し10分で書きました そんな訳でグダグダな答案だとは思いますが、添削どうかよろしくお願いします!

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。

週末のキャンプを楽しむ人が増えてきました。確かに、都会生活でたまった疲れを 癒すには、自然の中でのんびりするのが一番でしょう。ただ残念なのは、木々の枝を 折ったり、ゴミをそのままにして帰ったりする人がいることです。これでは、自分の疲れは とれても、自然のほうはいい迷惑だと思います。 The number of people who enjoy camping on weekends has been increasing. I think that to relax in the nature is the best way to make people healthy again who has been exhausted by the life in the city. However, I regret that some people break the branches of woods or leave their garbage. I think it is bad for the nature even if you were able to relax. 後半に顕著にあらわれるのですが、全体的にうまくいきませんでした。 回答よろしくお願いします。

• 英作文(和文英訳)の添削

和文英訳の問題を解きましたが、自分の答えが合っているのかが自分ではわかりません。 間違いがあったら指摘して直してくださると嬉しいです。 では、添削よろしくお願いします。 1.知的職業に従事するものは、時には視点を変えてみることが必要です。それは将来、医師や技師や薬剤師のような職業につく若い人についても当てはまります。 People who engage in an intellectual job sometimes have to look at things in a different perspective. It is important for young people who are to become doctors,engineers,or pharmacists in the furute. 2.元気一杯の医師にしても、病人の立場に立ってみて、その気持ちをくみ取ることができなくてはなりません。 Doctors must think from patients' points of view and understand their feelings even if they are very well.

• 【和文英訳添削してください(ハート)】

わたしの英訳で間違いをおしえてください、よろしくおねがいしますm(__)m tk p23 r4 ■問題和文 知的職業に従事するものは、ときには視点を変えてみることが必要です。 それは将来、医師や技師や薬剤師のような職業に従事する若い人についても当てはまります。 ■わたしの英訳 Those who take intellectual jobs sometimes need to change their point of view . It also applies to young people who will have job such as a doctor ,engineer or pharmacist in the future . ■特にわからないこと 第1文:change their point of viewという表現をしていいですか? 第2文:are going toではなくwillと書いたらだめですか? 第2文:複数形のほうがいいですか?→who are going to have jobs(複数) such as doctors ,engineers or pharmacists 模範解答:Those who have intellectual jobs sometimes need to look at things from a different point of view. This is also applies to young people who want to have jobs in fields such as medicine,engineering, or pharmacy .

• 英作文を添削してもらえませんか?

今、アカデミックライティングというものを学んでいる大学生です。以下の和文を英訳してみたので、よかったら、添削と講評をしていただけないでしょうか。具体的な講評をお願いします。 心理カウンセラーを40年やってきて、「人間の心ほど移ろいやすいものはない」との思いと、「人間ほど一度思い込むとこれほど頑固なものはない」との想いの両方がある。心を柔らかく持ち、いい加減な自分を肯定したいものである。 In my experience of being a psychotherapist for 40 years, I have held opposite feelings: Nothing is more inconstant than the mind of men, and more persistent in what one once believes than the nature of them. Then, condition of our flexible mind and recognition of our susceptible one, we really need. My forty year career of a psychotherapist have given me the realization that our mind is the most influenced by the inner or the outer, whereas our spirit is the most likely to assume one thing endlessly. Therefore it is really necessary for us to smelt our iron mind, which sometimes is like clay, and to accept it.

• 英作文 添削お願いします

英作文 添削お願いします 日本語訳の下が「作った英文」、模範解答の下が「模範解答」です 「ものの見方を変えれば気持ちも新しくなる。」 Also the mind becomes new by changing the way of seeing things. 模範解答 Different viewpoints bring us different feelings. If we change our way of looking at things, we will have a new feeling. 「日本語では短い言葉で多くのことを表すことができる。」 Japanese enable us to express many things with short words. 模範解答 You can say a lot of things with a few words in Japanese. 「人と人が理解しあう手段は様々なのである。」 There are some kinds of the ways of people understanding each other. 模範解答 There are various ways for people to understand each other. There are many ways in which people understand one another. 「私たちは、人から必要とされることで幸せになります。」 We feel happy by being needed by other people. 模範解答 We become happy when we are needed by other people. It makes us happy to be needed by others. 「彼らが働く場を作ることは、私たちの責任なのです。」 It is responsible for us to make the place where they can work. 模範解答 We have to make places for them to work in. It is our responsibility to make places where they work. お願いします。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします。和文英訳です。

初質問となります、今後よろしくお願い致します。 日本語文: 10年ぶりに京都の嵐山に行ったが、あいにく雨が降ってきた。しとしと降る雨の中を一人で散歩したが、あたりの風景は少しも変わっていなかった。 解答: I went to Arashiyama in Kyoto fo the first time in ten years, and unfortunately, it began to rain. I took a walk by myself when the rain wasn't intense, and I found its scenes were not different from what they used to be. 今回は知ってる表現がうまく使えた気がします。 短くて添削しがいがないかもしれないですが、回等よろしくお願いします。 (お聞きしたい事) このくらいの長さの作文の場合、1度に2題お願いしても大丈夫でしょうか?

• 英作文の添削をお願い致します。

英作文の問題で自分で回答を作成したのですが、添削をお願い致します。 (1)(問:科学には二つの魅力的な部分がある) 一つ目は、近頃か科学はめまぐるしい進化をとげており魅力的である。 二つ目は、科学は自然の神秘を解き明かすことができる In one reason, it’s fascinating that science has made remarkable progress lately. In two reason, science can unlock the secrets of nature. (2)(問:人がいじめをするにはいくつかの原因がある) 一つ目は、人はストレスを解消するために自分より弱いひとを攻撃する傾向がある また、人をいじめることを恥ずかしいとがわかっていない In one reason, they tend to attack the weaker to get rid of stress. In two reason, they don’t feel shame to bully. (3)(問:人がタバコを吸うにはいくつかの理由がある) 一つ目は、日々のストレスを解消するために吸っている また、若い人々の中にはタバコを吸う事をかっこいいと勘違いをしている。 In one reason, they smoke to get rid of stress daily. In two reason, a part of young people are under the illusion that smoking is cool. 問題は以上です。お手数をおかけ致しますが、宜しくお願い致します。

• 英作文の添削をお願いします!

私の意見では、現在の若者は性別を問わず自分で調理できることが大切である。料理を おいしく仕上げるためには豊かな想像力や手先の器用さが要求されるので、心身の健康 にとてもよい。食材に意識的になれば自然への関心も高まる。さらに、料理で友人を もてなすことができると、あるいは人と共同して料理ができると、絆が深まることは間違いない。 In my opinion, in spite of gender, it is important for young people nowadays to be able to cook well by themselves. It is good for both your mind and body because it needs good imagination or skills with your hand. If you are glad to know ingredients of your food, you will be more interested in nature. Moreover, if you are able to make friends enjoy with your dishes or to cook with some people, you must be more familiar with each other. enjoy with your dishes のwith はby にかえても問題ないでしょうか 他にも間違いはあるかもしれませんが、回答よろしくおねがいします

• 自由英作文の添削お願いします!

自由英作文の添削をして頂きたいのです。 テーマが「ストレスの解消方法」です。 指定語数は100語で、僕は143語書きました。 文法的に内容的に不自然ではないかどうかを見ていただきたいです! 点数も25点満点で何点かつけてください! よろしくお願いします! Everyone tends to feel stressed in modern society, but we have to reduce stress. Now I would like to suggest the following three measures. First, it is good to take a walk to refresh oneself. This is because the fresh air will make my temper relaxed. Second, when I am fed up with studying the subjects which I dislike, I often listen to my favorite music while studying. Listening to music lead me to study again. Last, I talk with my friends when I have troubles. It is important to prevent you from accumulating a lot of stresses. This is why it is also important to have friends who you confide. It may be almost inevitable for us to feel stressed, but we can relieve stress. Like above three measures, we should find time to do things we like, and have some hobbies.