Oh no, he didn't!

このQ&Aのポイント
  • CNN reports on a recent article written by Russian President Putin in response to a speech by President Obama, where Putin criticizes the idea of American exceptionalism.
  • Putin warns against encouraging people to see themselves as exceptional, stating that it is dangerous and promotes inequality.
  • The Internet reacts with disbelief and shock, expressing variations on 'Oh no, he didn't!'
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

Oh no, he didn't

以下はNEW YORK TIMESに一昨日ロシア・プーチン大統領が寄稿した記事に対するCNNの報道記事の一部です。最後の”Oh no, he didn’t!”はどういう意味に取ったらいいでしょうか? Putin ended with a swipe at Obama, with a reference to the Tuesday night address in which the president said that while America can't be a global cop, it ought to act in certain situations. "That's what makes us exceptional," Obama said. "With humility, but with resolve, let us never lose sight of that essential truth." Putin's answer to that? "It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation," he wrote. "We are all different," the Russian leader concluded, "but when we ask for the Lord's blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal." The Internet responded with variations on "Oh no, he didn't!"

noname#194528
noname#194528
  • 英語
  • 回答数5
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • dorian337
  • ベストアンサー率51% (158/305)
回答No.5

ここ数年、アメリカのコメディ番組でよく聞くようになった (特に黒人がよく使う) "Oh no, you didn't!" から来ています。 http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=oh%20no%20you%20didn't you の部分は当然 he や she にも置き換えられます。(誰かの言ったこと/したことが)信じられない! という感情を表現しています。 "Oh no, he didn't!" = "He didn't just say that!" = "I can't believe he just said that!" ということです。

参考URL:
https://www.google.com/#q=%22oh+no+you+didn't%22

その他の回答 (4)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.4

#3です。ちょっと晩飯に呼ばれて、急いでいたのでこれは補足です。     僕の読みの構造ですが、     表は、簡単に「平等ではない」と言っています。答えは一つです。     裏は、平等でないと思う理由で、その数は、星の数ほど、あるように思います。     

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

プーティンの最後の言葉は、we must not forget that God created us equal. 「神は我々を平等に想像した事を忘れてはならない」です。    それを受けて "Oh no, he didn't!" 「いや、彼はそうし(=我々を平等に作ら)なかった」と言っています。いろいろ解釈は可能で 1。冗談じゃない金持ちはますます金持ちになり、貧乏人はますます貧乏になる。「平等」が聞いて呆れる。 2。無神論者がはびこったソ連の秘密警察の親玉が、神なんてよく言うよ。 3。 お若い女性と結婚して糟糠の妻を堂より下し、なにを偉そうな事ぬかしおるんだ。我々みんなにそう言う「平等」はないね。  などなど。正解は星の数ほどってところでしょう。  

• ddeana
  • ベストアンサー率74% (2976/4019)
回答No.2

この"Oh no, he didn't!" とはプーチンが言った、”we must not forget that God created us equal."(神は我々を平等に創造したことを忘れてはならない)に対して「お前がいままでやってきたことはそれを忘れてたじゃないか!」という批判の意味合いをこめたものと考えます。respond with variations=様々な違った物言いや態度で反応する ですから、言い方は違えど内容的に「プーチン、お前がそれを言うか?」という皮肉や批判のコメントが多くあったということでしょうね。

• heisenberg
  • ベストアンサー率23% (591/2556)
回答No.1

プーチン大統領は、「神は、人間を平等に創造した、ということも忘れてはならない」と言ったが、ネット・ユーザーたちは、異口同音に、「プーチン自身、そうはしなかった(人間を平等には扱わなかった)」と批判した・・・。 「Oh no, he didn't」の示す意味は、そういうことではないでしょうか?

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします‼︎

和訳お願いします‼︎ He said that he didn't have a frog with him , but that , if Smily would be so kind as to get him one , he would be quiet willing to bet. お願いします‼︎

• "He knew the villagers didn’t believe him."の「文強勢」

大学入試センター試験の大問1のBで問われる、いわゆる「文強勢」に関わる疑問です。 先日、身の回りの整理をしていましたら古い発音訓練用の教材テープがたまたま出てきたので聞いてみました。その最後の部分にイソップ物語の「羊飼いの少年と狼」の話が模範朗読として入っていました。以下はその最後の「教訓」の直前の段落の部分のスクリプトです。この最後から3つ目の文 He knew the villagers didn’t believe him. の朗読の仕方なんですが、主語の”He”の部分が最も高いピッチで「最も強調して発音され」ていて私は違和感を感じました。文脈から考えると”knew”のところが「最も強調して発音され」るのならわかるのですが、何度聞きなおしても”knew”も含めてそこから後は文末に至るまで低いピッチで読まれているように聞こえます。読み手がこのような朗読をしたその理由なり気分・心情についての説明がほしいのですが、どなたかお知恵をいただけませんか?なお、朗読者は英語ネイティヴの女性で大学教授のようです。 The next day, a wolf really did come down from the hills to help itself to a few fat sleep. “Wolf! Wolf!” yelled the shepherd boy with all the power in his lungs. The people of th village heard his shouts for help and smiled. “He’s trying to trick us again,” they said, “but this time we won’t be fooled.” Finally, the boy stopped shouting. He knew the villagers didn’t believe him. He knew they wouldn’t come. All he could do was stand back and watch the wolf kill his sheep.

• He said that not liking

He said that not liking to be alone is a sign of being unhappy with oneself but you can't say that if you've known someone for 24 hours. こちらは、どう訳したら、よろしいでしょうか。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 訳なんですが、it didn't work out because of him never wanting to get married

ちょっと訳に困っています。 Wow you were with the guy for a long time. Sorry to hear that it didn't work out because of him never wanting to get married. But I can understand that you want marriage and he didn't so it's like you were wasting your time if he could never go the next step with you. おお、君はその彼と永かったんだね。それは残念だったね彼が、結婚を望まない.... すみません教えてください Oh, you had an American boyfriend before? Did you have a wonderful relationship with the Latino American also? Well, anyway, I hope that my questions to you are not too personal. 君はアメリカ人の彼がいたんだね。よい関係をきづけたのかな。。。。  ....... すみません今回理解できない部分がおおくておしえてください

• He is said that he is a great composer.はなぜ、ダメですか?

They say that he is a great composer.の書き換えをしなさいと言われました。It is said that he is a great composer.と、He is said to be a great cmposer.になるのは理解ができます。 なぜ、He is said that he is a great composer.はいけないのですか? 先生に聞いたら、言わないものは言わないと言われました。 よろしくお願いします。

• Noの用法について質問

"Do you mean to tell me you didn't secure it?"I said to him "No,"he said この英文を掲載している参考書の解説の中で、「NoはI didn't secure itを意味している。このように英語のNoは、相手の発言に反対する意味ではなく、純粋に否定の意味であることに注意。」と書かれていました。 質問1:この解説の中の「純粋に否定の意味」とは、言い換えると「Noは、相手の発言に対して否定する用法の他に、文を構成するある要素(ここではyou didn'tsecure it)を代名詞的に表せる」ということでしょうか?

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

We just wanted to move on in a productive, caring, productive… — and did I say 'productive?' — environment, and when the time came for us to do that, I think we shocked a lot of people. So with that said, we really, really wish Scott the very, very best. I hope he one day finds the light. But as far us, we wanted to, like I said, move forward, and not try to recreate our catalog, because I think that's impossible to do; we had a lineup change, we have a different man in the band now, we have a different human being, a different energy.

• 英語の文章を翻訳して頂きたいです!

あるホテルに用があり、英語でメールをし、返事がきたのですが、正直5割ほどしか理解ができずにいます。 どなたか翻訳して頂けると嬉しいです(>_<) さらに、返事の文章も作れないので困っています(´・_・`) それはまた後で考えたいと思います。 こちらです。お願いします。 thanks for the email and for understanding, that we can not forward any personal details to you. Unfortunately, the information, that his first name is Oliver and that he stayed with us over 4th September, is not gonna be enough information for us to find him or his email address, as he may as well have travelled with friends and made a reservation under a different name and also, maybe he didn't just arrive 4th September, but had a different booking with us before, so we can not find anything under that date. I am sorry, that I can not help you with that,

• よろしくお願いします

My husband and I have been married for five years. We have no children because I have been unable to get pregnant, even with the help of fertility treatments. We are set up with an agency to adopt, but that has also been a lengthy and emotional process, which has included a match with a birth mother who ultimately broke the match because her mother didn’t like us. We are set up with an agencyはどのような意味でしょうか?あと、which has included a match with a birth mother who ultimately broke the match because her mother didn’t like us.の訳も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どんな内容か教えてください。

'No,don't do that.I can manage it,he said. I did not want to offend one of the leaders of our church,so I put the paddle down;but I felt I ought to have taken him farther along away from the irritation of the trees. 'Of course,'I said,'we could go under them.It might be nice.' 'I think,'said Mr Timberlake,'that would be a very good idea.' He lunged hard on the pole and took us towards the next archway of willow branches. 'Me may have to duck a bit,that's all,'I said. 'Oh,I can push the branches up,'said Mr Timberlake. 'It is better to duck,'I said.