チェック!グラマーに関する疑問

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 私にあの上の本とってくれる?という表現は適切でしょうか?
  • いつまでに返事をすればいいのでしょうか?
  • 夜10時と表現する場合、at 10 pmが一般的でしょうか?
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

グラマーについてチェックお願いします。

(1)can you reach the book me on that 【私にあの上の本とってくれる?】 on that の位置はbook の後ろでは変でしょうか?この文章私には不自然なのです。 (2) how long do i have to consider this ?【いつごろまでに返事すればいい?】  この和訳と英文の印象が私の中ではフィットしません、でもよく使われるセンテンスと聞いたので…。  私には about when do i have to replay?のが全然自然な気がするんですが。 how long could i consider this?ならまだ理解できます。 (3)at 10at night【夜10時】 これはネイティブの方らは使うんでしょうか?大抵 at 10 pmでしょうか? (4)what did you feel in the exhibition?【そこでの展示で何を感じた?】 これは自分で作ったのですが in の使用は不自然でしょうか? とても初歩的な疑問かもしれませんが、宜しくお願い致します…!

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

(1)Can you reach me the book on that? と me の位置を変えます。または Can you reach the bookon that for me. とします。 いずれにしても the book on that の語順は崩さない方が伝わりやすいです。 (2)How long ... ? の方が自然に聞こえます。書き換えるなら、When .... answer (reply) this? などが思いつきやすい文です。日本語訳からは、How long can I ... ? と現在形の方が近い訳ができそうです。 (3) どちらも正解です。8時までは in the evening を使うことが通例のようです。 (4) in の使い方は正解です。しかし感想を尋ねる時は、How を使います。What では「何を触ったのか」の意味に取られる可能性があります。展示会での体験的コーナーみたいに、作品に手を触れたみたいに思われます。

surrey11
質問者

お礼

有難うございましたー! すっきりすました。

その他の回答 (2)

回答No.2

(1) reach me the book on that なら文法的には合っています。 book と on that のつながりもそうですが, reach 人 もの と並べます。 (2) これは have to とつながるのでなく, have some time to consider ~「考えるのに,いくらか時間がある」 この some time の部分を how long できいています。 how long は多くの場合,副詞的なものですが,名詞的にも用いられます。 (3) at five in the evening のように,at ten at night なんでしょうね。 午後5時,午後10時でもいいんでしょうが,「夕方の5時」とか「夜の10時」と日本語でいう通り くらいにしか私にはわかりません。 (4) what did you feel でなく,how did you feel think なら what did you think です。 いずれにしても,What did you think about the exhibition? How did you feel about the exhibition? のように,exhibition を場所とせず,「~について」とした方が自然だと思います。

surrey11
質問者

お礼

有難うございましたー! (2)そういうことだったのですね…!

• sporespore
  • ベストアンサー率30% (430/1408)
回答No.1

1. can you reach the book on that for me? meをそのままでは意味がない 2. how soon do i have to consider this?であれば自然です。how long should i consider this?でもOKです。considerは自分で行う行為ですのでcanは馴染みません。By when do i have to replay?は大丈夫です 3. 書く場合は10pmで構いませんが、口語ではam,pmはあまり使いません。at 10 in the night, at 10 in the eveningと言うと思います。 4. what did you feel on the exhibition?展示会の中の雰囲気であればinですが、返事は「混んでいた」となります。展示会の中の内容を聞くのであればonだと思います。Any impressions on the exhibition? とかHow do you feel about the exhibition?のほうがしっくりきます。

surrey11
質問者

お礼

有難うございましたー! 2の解説わかりやすかったです

関連するQ&A

• 英文の翻訳をお願いします。

どなたか英文を翻訳していただける方が居ましたらぜひお願いいたします。 I hinted at the end of chapter 1 that while some people consider theory to be a mystification of practice, rather than a tool for disseminating or supporting it, I believe that theories help us to appreciate our practice with more depth and resonance. Ultimately, your response to what we've outlined in this book might be to suggest a theory of your own, based on your own thinking and experience - as some of the practitioners we've interviewed do. But be careful in supported by empirical evidence. The next stage is to work out how you can put your own informed opinions to the test and turn them into a sound theory. Finally, remember that this book is by no means the last word on anything. We hope to have last word on anything. We hope to have whetted your appetite to look at visual communication in more detail, and pointed you in the direction of alternative sources that will extend your knowledge even further.

• 英文法

うまくなるまでどのくらいかかりますか?と聞く時 how long will it take me to learn to do it? how long do i have to be patient before I get better at it? こちら両方使えますでしょうか? もし、意味が両方伝わらない場合、どういった英文なら大丈夫ですか? わかるかたよろしくお願いいたします。

• Grammar

(  )内の語を適当な形に直しなさい。  1. If I were you, I (will) do the same thing.   ・If I were you, I would do the same thing.  2. If you (show) me this map, I wouldn’t have lost my way.   ・If you showed me this map, I wouldn’t have lost my way.  3. I wish I (can) go to a university in Tokyo.   ・I wish I could go to a university in Tokyo.  4. The boy talks as if he (be) a father.   ・ 次の英文を日本文に直しなさい。  1. If you had a time machine, what age would you visit?  2. If you hadn’t helped me, I would have failed in business.  3. The beach was fantastic. I wish I had stayed there longer.  4. If only my school was closer to the station! 日本語の意味に合うように、(  )内の語句を並べ替え、全文を書きなさい。  1. もしこの地域にもっとバズの便があったら、生活はもっと楽になるだろう。   If we had more bus services in this area, (easier / make / life / it / our / would).   ・If we had more bus services in this area, it make our life would easier.  2. もう30分早く出ていたら、始発電車に間に合っていたのに。   If we (thirty minutes / left / earlier / had), we (caught / have / the first train / could).   ・If we had left thirty minutes earlier, we could have caught the first train.  3. 彼はまるで火星で独りぼっちにされたかのような顔つきをしている。   He looks (if / alone / on / as / he / left / were) Mars.  4. 君がその計画を内緒にしていてくれたらなあ。   I (the plan / had / you / secret / wish / kept).   ・I wish you had kept secret the plan. 日本語を英語に直しなさい。  1. そのロボットはまるで人間のように行動する。 考えて「これかな?」と思ったものは書き込んでみました。 多分、間違っているので訂正、よろしくお願いします。 問題数が多くてすみませんm(__)m よろしくお願いします_(._.)_

• Grammar

【1】各文の(  )に入る最も適当なものを選べ。  1.I was made (エ) for an hour.   ア.wait イ.waiting ウ.waited エ.to wait  2.His mother looks young (イ) her age. It’s hard to believe she’s over seventy.   ア.after イ.for ウ.on エ.at  3.My brother is good (エ) mathematics, but I’m not.   ア.for イ.on ウ.by エ.at  4.(ア) a little more patience, Alice would have succeeded.   ア.With イ.In ウ.On エ.Under  5.Don’t touch the vase; (ウ) it as it is.   ア.bend イ.hit ウ.leave エ.let  6.Of their six children, two are in Japan and ( ) are abroad.   ア.other イ.others ウ.the other エ.the others  7.The difficulty ( ) in the choice of people.   ア.laid イ.lain ウ.lay エ.lied 【2】日本文の意味になるように(  )に適語を入れよ。  1.君に必要なのは能力ではなく、強い意志だ。   It is ( ) ability but a strong will ( ) you ( ).  2.トムのような正直な人がうそを言ったはずがない。   Such an honest man as Tom (couldn’t) have told a lie.  3.京都に着いたら必ず電話をください。   Don’t forget to give us a ( ) when you arrive in Kyoto.  4.ここから駅まで歩いてどれくらいかかりますか。   (How) (long) does it take to go to the station from here on foot?  5.彼は若い頃、神戸に住んでいた。   He ( ) ( ) live in Kobe when he was young. 【3】日本文の意味になるように(  )内の語(句)を並べ替えよ。  1.夜、コーヒーを飲むと一晩中眠れない。   A cup of coffee (me / at / night / keeps / night / awake / all).  2.車があれば、あなたを家まで送ってあげられるのに。   If I (a / take / could / home / had / I / car / you).   If I had a car I could take you home. 答えが思いついたところは、書いてみました。 恐らく、間違っている個所がたくさんあるので訂正、よろしくお願いします。 【1】に関しては、日本語訳をつけていただけると助かります。 回答、よろしくお願いいたします。

• 英語をチェックしてください。宜しくお願い致します。

英語をチェックしてください。宜しくお願い致します。 パーティーで知り合った人にランチに誘われたのですが、 5日と6日以外は大丈夫と伝えたいのと、職業を聞き忘れました。 Thank you for your e-mail. It was nice to meet you, too. Let's have lunch this week. I can't go on 5(wed), 6(thu) . Are you off this week? What do you do? I didn't to hear that. 宜しくお願い致します。

• グラマーチェックお願いいたします。

(1)once i get back home, i will get some climbig shoes【一度家に戻ってから登山用靴をとってくる】  onceの後は i get will だとおかしいでしょうか? (2)how many times have you had lesson? では the lesson でしょうか、または lessons? 前後により変わるでしょうか? (3) i thought it will turn up later soom naturally【それ自然とすぐあとから出てくると思った】  なんだか後半はどの順序で並べればいいのかふんわりしながら英作しました。  修飾語の順序の規則がむずかしいです、  どんなっ決まりが基本的にあるのでしょうか? (4)is that it there? bbcにあったすくりぷとですが、単なるタイプミスでしょうか…?全く意味わかりません。 宜しくお願い致します。勉強頑張ります。

• 2~3分のスピーチ アドバイスお願いします!

今度夏休みについてのスピーチをすることになりました。 一応自分で考えてみたのですが、文法などおかしい所がありましたら アドバイスください><;; あと、少し短いのでどうしたらいいでしょうか・・ I went to photograph exhibition in this summer vacation. That was memorable day I had in this summer vacation. The photograph exhibition was take place at the Sakae. There was many photograph and many people in this exhibition. This photo exhibition was planned by Fujifilm. More than 100 photos were in there. Most photograph is taken by amateur and other was taken by photographer. I was impressed by beautiful photos.

• 英文のチェック

英語の勉強をしていますが、作文については、正誤が良くわからないので、下記について、間違え、一般的な表現などについて指摘願います。 文法的な解釈もあると助かります。 We have received short-term overseas student again. She’s also nice girl. I wonder all of them are good. But I found out that it was wrong by taking them a first look. Actually she’s polite, cheer and sociable. So she often speaks to us and it gives us abandon life. I’m afraid I’m not good at English well, and it has prevented us deeper communication. I have plenty of my stories I want to talk with her. It hasn’t reached up to even 50 percent. My speaking skill is the best in my English skill, but I was not able to have spoken many things than I had expected. It seems that I have to consider how to take an online English conversation lesson. But how should I do?

• In how much の疑問文はどうでしょうか。

In how much ではじまる疑問文ってあまり見ませんが、文法的には正しいのかどうかがわかりません。In how much time did he have to do this?

• 英文法チェックしてください

1 I was late not because I was not be able to take a train, but I had to get up early in this mooring. 2 the Japanese education is the worst in comparison to the education in the United States. Everyone should realize how bad that is as soon as possible because which collapse to japan in near the future. 3 You gave me not only motivation bur also spiritual support. 4 I believe Takshi is unique and genius, while other people do not think the same way as mine. 1 In summary, I won the game competition in San Francisco. I am being proud of myself. 2 For this reason, I have to say such a rude word for you.