• 締切済み

excited の後

(1)My mother is excited about the concert. これを  excited with the concert / excited at concert にすると どう変わってくるのでしょうか? about にすると 内容を考えてexcited する at 単に対象として excited する with ? なのですが、 どうなのでしょうか?  すみません、教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

みんなの回答

回答No.2

about は「…のことを考えてわくわくする」。これから起こることを期待しています。 at, by, to 不定詞はその場の気持ち、 with は用法がないようです。

rinrin717
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 あるんですよ、with の用法が。 私も つい withでしゃべってしまってから「あれ?」と思って 調べてみたら あったので、 まぁ 間違いでは、なかった と確信しつつ、 じゃ 他と比べたら?と 疑問に思った次第です。 補足に例文を入力いたします。

rinrin717
質問者

補足

英辞郎より   •excited with the anticipation of 《be ~》~を期待して興奮する •excited with the outcome 《be ~》結果に心躍る[興奮する] •really excited with 《be ~》~にすっかり興奮して[夢中になって]いる •get really excited with ~にすっかり興奮する[夢中になる] 表現パターンget [become] really excited with •Not so excited with your partner? パートナーにあまりときめかない?◆【出典】Catch a Wave, 2004年12月24日号◆【出版社】株式会社浜島書店 などが ありました。

• daaaax
  • ベストアンサー率45% (9/20)
回答No.1

excitedはあとはatが来るんだったと思います! 英語はそれほど詳しくはないのでわかりませんが、withはあまり聞いたことがないです>< be surprised at be pleased with be covered of というのもそれぞれ決まった言い方なのですが、excitedも確か決まった言い方(at)だったと思います でもそうだとはいいきれないので、他の方の意見も参考にしてください!

rinrin717
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 about ほど 深く考えずとも パッと そのお題で ワクワク出来たら 使ってもいいんじゃないかな?  でも 間違ってたらどうしよう?とおもって 質問しました。

関連するQ&A

• Excited as she was?

Taryn Keith, Ben’s partner, is expecting their first child. The waiter broke the news to Taryn about the massive tip he'd gotten at the restaurant. Excited as she was, she took to social media to post the note on her Facebook page. この文のExcited as she wasの意味と文法的説明をお願いします。よろしくお願いします

• strained

My relationship with his mother (my sister) is strained. strainedはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• naive

My widowed mother is 79 years old and has been diagnosed with mild dementia that is getting progressively worse. She lives alone, and I am 10 minutes away. Here's my question: What is the best way to care for my mother? When will I know the time is right to place her in a nursing home? What kind of facility is best? I have a sister, but she has nothing to do with me. I feel alone and naive about Mom's care. naive about Mom's careはどのように訳したら良いでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 否定の範囲について質問です

否定の範囲について質問です 以下の英文を見てください。 So it is not hard to understand why most Americans did not see,as they watched the first few automobiles speeding along town streets at ten or fifteen miles an hour,anything to get very excited about 参考書によると、notのはhardとto get very excited aboutを否定しているようですが、何故to get very excited about を否定しているのかわかりません。 否定の範囲は基本的にどこまでなのでしょうか?

• この英文の文法的な説明をお願いします。

”I returned to my flat at about three o'clock on that May afternoon very happu with life."という returned to my flat at about three o'clock on that May afternoon very happu with life."という文で、"very unhappy with life"が、andなど接続詞なしでなぜつながっているのかわかりません。

• よろしくお願いします

My mother-in-law has been staying with my wife and I for about two weeks, after my wife had surgery. staying with my wife and I ですが、Iはフォーマルでmeの方がくだけた言い方、ということでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳お願いします。

My father thinks of my mother, of how lady-like she is, and of the pride which will be his when he introduces her to his family. They are not yet engaged and he is not yet sure that he loves my mother, so that, once in a while, he becomes panicky about the bond already established. But then he reassures himself by thinking of the big men he admires who are married: William Randolph Hearst and William Howard Taft, who has just become the President of the United States.   My father arrives at my mother's house. He has come too early and so is suddenly embarrassed. My aunt, my mother's younger sister, answers the loud bell with her napkin in her hand, for the family is still at dinner. As my father enters, my grandfather rises from the table qnd shakes hands with him. My mother has run upstairs to tidy herself. My grandmother asks my father if he has had dinner and tells him that my mother will be down soon. My grandfather opens the conversation by remarking about the mild June weather. My father sits uncomfortably near the table, holding his hat in his hand. My grandmother tells my aunt to take my father's hat. My uncle, twelve years old, runs into the house, his hair tousled. He shouts a greeting to my father, who has often given him nickels, and then runs upstairs, as my grandmother shouts after him. It is evident that the respect in which my father is held in this house is tempered by a good deal of mirth. He is impressive, but also very awkward.

• 関係代名詞です。

The man is my uncel.He is talking with my mother. thatを使って2文を1文にする問題です。 先行詞はThe man か my uncelどっちなのでしょうか? 答えと説明お願いします。

• 受動態の文型について

受動態の文型について、悩んでいます。 他サイトや過去ログを見て、受動態の文型については、これ!!といった ものがないので、どれを自分の知識のベースにすればいいかわからない状態です。 そこで、改めてここで質問させて頂きます。 今朝、問題集を解いていたら下の例文が出てきました。 受動態についての問題です。 (ex) Mamoru is very excited at the news. 人によっては、 is excited で1つの動詞として見て 第一文型(S+V)と考える意見があります。 しかし、この例文を見ると veryが is と excited の間に来ている ので、どうやっても1つの動詞に見えないと思います。 ですので、こういうケースもあることを考え Mamoru(S) is (V) very excited at the news (C) と見て、第二文型という考え方のほうがしっくりとくると思います。 こうすることで、very が 形容詞句になった excited at the news を修飾してると見れますし。 疑問) この例文の場合、S+V+Cの考え方でよろしいのでしょうか? ご教授ください

• 中3 期末テストの模範解答を教えてください。

(1)It snows a lot here in winter. We (   )(   )(   )here in winter. (2)My mother is a very careful driver. My mother(   )very (   ). (3)We didn’t have any rain last week. We (   )(   )rain last week. (4)I was very excited at the football game. The football game was very(   )(   )me. (5)When was KinKakuji temple built? (   )(   )is KinKakuji temple ? (6)We are sometimes happy but sometimes unhappy. We are not (   )happy. (7)He found it easy to answer the question. He could answer the question(   ). (8)She speaks English very well. She is a very (   )(   )of English . (9)How about one more cup of coffee? How about(   )cup of coffee? (10)He likes English,and she likes English,too. He likes English,and (   )(   )she . 以上、よろしくお願いします。