Study: People with Disorder Seek Stimulation through Impulsive and Dangerous Acts

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Many studies have argued that people with disorder have low levels of arousability, which may lead them to seek stimulation and sensation through impulsive and dangerous acts.
  • The translation of 'to seek' is unclear in this context. '捜し求める' seems inappropriate. Other translations seem correct, but...
  • Researchers have found that individuals with disorder exhibit lower levels of physiological arousal, leading them to engage in impulsive and risky behaviors to seek stimulation and excitement.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

to seekの訳し方を教えて下さい。

many studies have argued that people with disorder have low levels of arousability, which may lead them to seek stimulation and sensation through impulsive and dangerous acts. 多くの研究は論じてきた、病気の人々が低い喚起水準を持つ事を、そしてそれは、人々に衝動的かつ危険な行動から至る刺激と感覚を導くだろう。 わからない箇所は、 to seekの訳し方です。 「捜し求める」だと何かおかしいですよね。 他の訳に関しては正しいと思うのですが…。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.3

後半だけ訳してみます。 「刺激を感じにくいということが、障害を持つ人達を、衝撃的で危険な行為をすることで、刺激や感覚を探させようとするのかも知れない」 ※辞書の訳語では(自分にとって)難解ですので、言葉を簡単にしてみました。 ※基本的に「探す」「捜し求める」でいいと思います。健常者にたとえれば、周囲の雑音の中から、微かな物音を聞き分けるような動作であると思います。騒音の中で電話をするような状況でしょうか。まさに相手の声を「探し」ますね。 ※刺激を感じ取ることができなくなると、世界が味気ないものなるから、強い刺激を求めたくなるのではないでしょうか。

melemoe
質問者

お礼

こんにちは。 >基本的に「探す」「捜し求める」でいいと思います。 >周囲の雑音の中から、微かな物音を聞き分けるような動作であると思います。 なるほど。seekのニュアンスがよくわかりました。

その他の回答 (2)

noname#183197
noname#183197
回答No.2

which は障害のある人々は喚起基準が低いとされることをさします。 which may lead them to seek... は「それが彼らの~の追求につながっている可能性がある」 障害のある人は、喚起基準が低いとされ、それが衝動行為や危険行為による刺激や興奮の追求につながっている可能性があるとする研究が多くある argue なのであくまで主張であり、断定ではありません。

melemoe
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.1

貴方の訳で良いと思いますがニュアンスの違いがあれば、私は、 http://eow.alc.co.jp/lead+people+to/UTF-8/ lead poor people to distrust government aid 貧しい人々{ひとびと}の政府援助{せいふ えんじょ}に対する不信感{ふしんかん}を募らせる[につながる] lead them to seek stimulation and sensation 患者達の刺激や感覚に対する喚起を呼び起こすことにつながる through impulsive and dangerous acts 衝動的かつ危険な行動を通じて=することで 障害を持つ人は感情の起伏が乏しい。その事が、逆に、障害者が衝動的かつ危険な行動をすることで刺激や感覚を磨こうとする行為につながる。 と解釈してみました。

melemoe
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 >through impulsive and dangerous acts >衝動的かつ危険な行動を通じて=することで ご指摘にあるように、throughの訳は悩んだんです。 でもこれは感性の違いみたいなものですかね? fruchan様の訳し方も参考にさせていただきたいです。ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英訳の確認お願いします

「クラスをレベル別に分けることで生徒はやる気を出して勉強している」という英文はClass divided levels, students have drive and studyでいいのでしょうか?回答よろしくお願いします。

• giving a face to

下記文中の giving a face to とはどういう意味ですか? "Several studies have shown that innocence is one of the most important factors in people deciding whether they are for or against the death penalty and what we are doing is giving a face to innocence, where people get firsthand to experience people who have been wrongfully convicted," Hedayati explained. --補足-- 【前後の文】 Iranian immigrant Hooman Hedayati, who is with a group called "Witness to Innocence," organized a tour of Texas cities by exonerated prisoners. "Several studies have shown that innocence is one of the most important factors in people deciding whether they are for or against the death penalty and what we are doing is giving a face to innocence, where people get firsthand to experience people who have been wrongfully convicted," Hedayati explained. Another argument against the death penalty is that it is ineffective, says Dorothy McClellan, who teaches at Texas A & M University at Corpus Christi. 【出展】 VOA: http://www.voanews.com/english/news/usa/Death-Row-Exonerated-Seek-End-to-Death-Penalty-134171228.html

• on her own terms

Hoarding is a form of obsessive-compulsive disorder, and it's something she needs to seek help for on her own terms. ここでのon her own termsは辞書にあるような意味とは違うと思うのですが、どのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 不定詞の並列について質問

a chance to go to Paris to study paintingsを a chance to study paintings and to go to Parisにするとどうなりますか? そのまま繋げると、to go to Parisが副詞用法になりstudyにかかるのを、andで繋ぐことにより防ぎ、形容詞用法の並列になるのを狙ったのですが。 I have no books to read to get a good score on the next test. をI have no books to get a good score on the next test to read.とした場合はどうでしょう?

• 和訳お願いします!

「海洋酸性化」に関する記事の中の一文なのですが、ご教授願います。 (http://science.time.com/2013/08/26/ocean-acidification-will-make-climate-change-worse/) The first study, by the German researchers Astrid Wittmann and Hans-O. Portner, is a meta-analysis looking at the specific effects rising acid levels are likely to have on specific categories of ocean life: corals, echinoderms, molluscs, crustaceans and fishes. わからないのは、上記の構文です。~are likely to have ... というところがどこにかかっているのか、どうしてbe動詞がここに来るのかが理解出来ません。 どなたかお詳しい方いらっしゃいましたら是非教えて頂けないでしょうか? 宜しくお願い致します。

• leave with cushion

Citigroup argued it should have to raise only $15 billion more, an amount that would reduce the bank’s current capital levels and still leave it with a bigger cushion than its competitors. (自分の訳) シティグループは、調達が必要な資金は150億ドルで済むと主張する。資本水準は現時点より下がっても、この額なら競争相手よりは大きな安心材料を持てるという。 leave it with a bigger cushion はどう訳せばいいのでしょう?

• 添削して下さい><お願いします。

I have been studying for two years at university in Hyogo Prefecture. I major overall policy there,and that study the various learning such as internatinal relatins,enviromental,and law. I'm happy to go to school,because I fortunate to have a lot of friends like best friends and study there. I study hard to achive my dream from now on for becoming a lawyer and speaking English fluently. But I often change of pace at times. All one can say is that ,as I am, I have to do my best in any case for the porpose of getting my priorities. あんまり良い表現使ってないような気がします。出来たらどう直したいいかとアドバイスなんかあったらお願いします。

• 添削お願いします

It means suicide is a very impulsive action, it gives people the opportunity to rethink suicide if they don't have a weapon such as gan. It leads people to survive. 「つまり自殺は非常に衝動的な行為であるため、銃のような武器が手元になければ自殺について再考する機会を人々に与えることができ、生き残ることができるというわけです。」 *文章を英語で言いやすいように2つに分けました。 こちらの英文の添削をお願いします。

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) Susan Morton submitted the third opinion selected for publication. Research has shown that there are health benefits to having pets, and that is an important advantage of pet ownership that is often overlookd when discussing the pros and cons of pets. Studies have found that they can lower people's blood pressure and cholesterol levels and ease feelings of loneliness. There are other health benefits as well. Walking a dog provides exercise for both the dog's owner and the dog. Many elderly people who live alone find that a cat or dog makes an excellent companion, and studies have found that elderly people with pets have lower rates of depression. In this way, pets benefit both our physical and mental health.

• ギリシャ財政危機の新聞記事です。

ギリシャ財政危機の新聞記事です。 出展:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100501/ap_on_bi_ge/eu_greece_financial_crisis Signs that the help will soon be approved have calmed markets, which previously pushed Greece's cost of borrowing to untenably high levels high as EU and German officials showed little urgency in addressing the problem. 質問 1)to untenably high levels high as は文法的に high levels (as) high asという風に解釈するのが正しいですか?  2)to untenably as high levels as ではおかしいでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。