Citigroup argues for a $15 billion capital raise

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Citigroup argues that it should only raise $15 billion more, which would still leave it with a larger capital cushion compared to its competitors.
  • Citigroup believes that raising an additional $15 billion would provide it with a stronger capital position, surpassing its competitors.
  • By raising $15 billion, Citigroup aims to maintain a larger cushion of capital, giving it a competitive advantage.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

leave with cushion

Citigroup argued it should have to raise only $15 billion more, an amount that would reduce the bank’s current capital levels and still leave it with a bigger cushion than its competitors. (自分の訳) シティグループは、調達が必要な資金は150億ドルで済むと主張する。資本水準は現時点より下がっても、この額なら競争相手よりは大きな安心材料を持てるという。 leave it with a bigger cushion はどう訳せばいいのでしょう?

noname#101202
noname#101202
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.1

(必要最低限の)調達資金は150億ドルだが、その金額なら現行資本水準は下がっても、他行よりは大きな不安払拭材料(要素)が持てると、主張した。。 勿論、「安心材料」でよいと思いますが、、、、、 質問者様の例文が大変出来がよいので(少々おべんちゃら、も)、それ以上の日本語にするのが(なっているかどうかは内心かなり不安)(泣)楽しみです。しかし、この文章は易しい様で、かなり背景が判っていないととんでもないことになる悪い予感がしております。

その他の回答 (2)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.3

「この額なら、競争相手よりも幅広い余裕を持った残高になる、、、」 は如何でしょう。

noname#202629
noname#202629
回答No.2

考え方として minimum capital levels = 最低資本水準 = 銀行が行政から課せられる最低資産と、理解すると、 CitiBank's current capital levels 現状からすると、その%、もしくは、金額は、それより多くも無く少なくも無いはず。と言う事は  CitiBank's current capital levels = minimum capital levels = 最低資本水準 http://trans.glova.jp/index.php to raise only $15 billion more, an amount that $15 billion = 最低資本水準 となり、 『CitiBankの現状資本水準を少なくする』はを言い換えると 『最低資本水準を無くせば』 = $15 billionの足かせを無くせば still leave it with a bigger cushion than its competitors 足かせを無くせば、他の競争相手以上に、自分自身(it=CitiBank)にとって衝撃を和らげることになる。 この部分はNew York Timesの記事を意識していると思う Citigroup's December 2009 announcement to exit the government's bailout program came after it persuaded regulators that the bank was sound enough to stand on its own. To help replenish its coffers, Citigroup expects to raise about $17 billion by selling stock and issue up to $7.2 billion in other capital by the first quarter of 2010. The moves will leave the bank with one of the largest capital cushions of the major banks, assuaging regulators' concerns about its ability to weather another severe downturn without returning to the government for help. The plan also should help Citigroup shed the stigma that came with accepting bailout money and remove the harsh compensation restrictions imposed on banks that received multiple bailouts. http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/citigroup_inc/index.html

関連するQ&A

• 英文についての質問(訳してください)

This option would take two steps to reduce Defense Department personnel spending. First, it would reduce currently planned Army active force levels by another 30,000. The current plan is to reduce end strength for the active force from 475,000 to 450,000, and this option would reduce it further to 420,000. In addition, it would replace military personnel working in support roles with civilians who generally cost less money to employ. この文章の後半(In addition, it would replace military personnel working in support roles with civilians who generally cost less money to employ.)なのですが、これはどういう意味でしょうか? 兵士に民間人を置き換える?? よくわからないので、分かる方訳して欲しいです。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文和訳 大学入試

大学入試の長文で二つ質問があります。 1 it is time calculate what it will take to provide a sustainable life for everyone into indefinite future. what以下は間接疑問文ですか?? 2 Consider that with the global population past six billion and on its way to eight billion or more by mid-century, per-capita fresh water and arable land are descending to levels that resource experts agree are risky. これは構文がわかりません。considerが考慮するだと思ったのですが、主説がないような。。。。

• have exposure

But officials from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, which has testy relations with Citigroup and deeper financial exposure, demanded it hold more capital. (試訳) 「しかし、シティグループと対立的で金融面に精通する連邦預金保険会社は、シティグループに資本金を増額するよう要求している。」 have deeper financial exposure はどう訳せばよいのでしょうか?

• A federal insurance policy on ....

With its regulators’ permission, Citigroup would then redeem at least $20 billion of preferred stock that the government received as part of the bank’s first two rescues late last year. It would also exit a federal insurance policy on about $250 billion of troubled real estate and credit card assets. The bank, not taxpayers, would then be liable for those losses. ・前半の redeem は「買い戻す」でよいでしょうか? ・a federal insurance policy on about ... の部分はどう訳せばいいでしょうか? ・最後のThe bank, not taxpayers, would then be liable for those losses.は一体何が言いたいのでしょう? よろしくお願いします。

• 英語

Well,with the economy as it is right now, it might be a good way for government to raise money. 「経済の現状を考えると、政府が税収を確保するのにいい方法かもしれない。」 with the economy as it is right now の部分について with A B の形の分詞構文の場合 Bには現在分詞や過去分詞がくるとおもうのですが この文の場合 as it is right now という文が来ています。 どういうことなんでしょうか?

• 英語ニュースの単語の意味を教えてください

こんにちは。 「サウジアラビアの王子のTwitterへの投資」に関する記事です。 Saudi billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal and his investment company said Dec. 19 they are investing a combined $300 million (yen 23 billion) into Twitter, increasing the microblogging site's cash cushion as its user base expands. Alwaleed's joint investment with his Kingdom Holding Co. follows months of negotiations and will give them a "strategic stake" in Twitter, according to the Riyadh, Saudi Arabia-based investment firm. 質問なのですが、 (1)3行目のcash cushionとは何ですか?  一応、ここ(http://feedback.indinero.com/knowledgebase/articles/33072-what-does-cash-cushion-mean-)で見てみたんですけど、「仮に収入がない状態でも、貯金でどれだけの期間操業  できるか」のような意味ですか? (2)3行目のuser baseとは何ですか?baseなくても同じような意味ですか? (3)5行目のstrategic stakeの意味を教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳のお手伝いをお願いします。

couchsurfingというサイトのreferenceという項目を まず理解するようにサイトメンバーから言われたのですが、 具体的にどんなことが書いてありますか? 注意書きで、書いてある一部分の意味は理解できるのですが、 ・オンラインでは良い人に見えるかもしれないけど 実際は良い人かわからない ・泊めてもらったりお茶をしたら感想を書く(?) ・プロフィールを埋めた方がいい 細かい訳など教えて頂けたらありがたいです。 この文章でのreferenceの意味はどの訳が適切ですか? 宜しくお願い致します。 When should I leave a Reference, and Why? We ask that you leave references for members you have hosted or surfed with, or have spent a significant amount of time with. Meeting a member for coffee or talking online might leave you with a good impression, but it doesn't give you enough information to leave an accurate reference. If you have a positive CouchSurfing encounter, you should consider writing a reference! It’s a way to document your experience, and lend credibility to your CouchSurfing friend! If you had a good experience with a fellow CouchSurfer, let other members know! Other CouchSurfers want to know who is safe, who is trustworthy, what the couch is like or if your host lives in a great location in the city.

• what to do with ourselves

NHK実践ビジネス英語2019年8月Lesson 9 (1)のMcMillanさんの台詞で、 We were at a loss as to what to do with ourselves. テキスト訳「自分たちはどう過ごせばいいのかと、途方にくれました。」 とあります。 at a loss 途方に暮れる as to ~に関しては、~については、~に応じて do with ~を処置する、~をどうにかする McMillan: I hear you, Shota, I hear you. We're all smartphone junkies these days, aren't we? But going cold turkey is possible, believe it or not. Digital detox actually works. At first, we felt cut off from the world around us. We were at a loss as to what to do with ourselves. That sounds strange when I look back at it now in the cold light of reason, but that's how Arabella and I felt at the time. But the digital spell finally broke, and we realized that there was a whole world outside our smartphone screens. @2019年8月L9(1) よくぞここまでてんこ盛りしたねというフレーズ満載の台詞です。 その中にある “do with”は、この講座でもよく出てくるフレーズの一つですが、 “what to do with ourselves”をネット検索すると、次の説明がでてきました。 https://www.enotes.com/homework-help/what-does-daisys-question-whatll-we-do-with-419196 In The Great Gatsby, what does Daisy's question, "What'll we do with ourselves this afternoon and the day after that, and the next thirty years," suggest about "old money" and the American dream? なんと「華麗なるギャッツビー」のDaisyの台詞ではありませんか。 彼女の台詞は、What'll we do with ourselves?となっていますが、 この文を平叙文のスタイルにすると、 We will do what with ourselves. として、新しい他動詞doの用法だというのは無理があるでしょうから、 We will do with what ourselves. で、whatを句動詞do withの目的語とすると、ourselvesは、以前、教えていただいた “a robot yourself”の文末にある再帰代名詞の強調用法ということでおさまりがいいかと考えました。 ということで、このDaisyの台詞を日本語にすると (1) 「ねぇねぇ、これから私たちどうするの」 となるのだと考えましたが、もう少し突っ込んで、 (2) 「これから私たちだけでどうするの」 という意味かなとも考えました。これだとby ourselvesになるのかな。 Daisy本人に聞く方が手っ取り早いのですが、彼女を演じたミア・ファローMia Farrowも昔のことで憶えていないでしょうしね。そうかもう一人キャリー・ハンナ・マリガンCarey Hannah Mulliganがいましたね。でも、彼女とは面識がないので… ということで、質問です。 [質問] Daisyの台詞の真意は、次のどれになるのでしょうか? (1) 軽いノリでDaisyが言っている (2) もう少し意味深な思いを込めている (3) Daisyの言うことを、あれこれ考えるな よろしくお願いします。 To whom it may concern: ついでながら、 “what’ll…”でネット検索したら、次のような用例がヒットしました。 What’ll you have? 「何食べる?」 What’ll it be? 「ご注文は?」 口語では、普通なんですね。引用httpは省略させていだたきます。 以下、参考まで: I hear you おっしゃることはわかります go cold turkey きっぱりやめる believe it or not 〈話〉信じられないような話ですが、まさかと思うでしょうが、驚くべきことに、何と、信じようと信じまいと digital detox デジタルデトックス cut off from 《be ~》~から疎外される look back at 〔昔のことなどを〕振り返る、思い出す in the cold light of reason 冷静に思い返すと break a spell のろいを解く digital detox(解毒◆【語源】detoxificationの略) Electronic detox refers to a period of time during which a person refrains from using electronic connecting devices such as smartphones and computers. It is regarded as an opportunity to reduce stress, focus more on social interaction and connection with nature in the physical world. Wikipedia do with (英辞郎on the WEB) 1.~で済ませる[間に合わせる]、~でどうにか我慢する 2.~を処置する、~をどうにかする ・I don't know what to do with myself. : 私はどうしてよいか[自分が何をすべきか]分かりません。/私は自分を持て余しています。 ・She gave me an old hat that she doesn't wear anymore, and I don't know what to do with it. : 彼女がもうかぶらなくなった古い帽子をくれましたが、どう扱っていいか分かりません。 3.〔便宜・利益を〕得る

• 設備投資計画を削減?

あちこちの日本のサイトで見かける次の英文と和文はどちらも論理的には少々「変にしてはおかしい」ですね: Japanese corporations are slashing their capital spending programs. 日本の企業は現在設備投資計画を削減している。 何が「変にしてはおかしい」かと言いますと、「削減する(slash)」のは「計画(programs)」ではなくて「(支出予定)金額」ではないかという点です。 しかしまあ英語の"capital spending program"は、「設備投資計画」というそのままの意味の他に「設備投資計画で支出予定の金額」という意味でも使用できますようで、次のような例はごく普通に見られるようです: Calgary-based Suncor Energy Inc. announced on Tuesday that it planned to slash 1,000 jobs and reduce its capital spending program by $1 billion in 2015 in response to the current lower crude oil price environment. https://marketbusinessnews.com/suncor-cut-1000-jobs-slash-1bn-capital-spending-program/44507/ しかし「設備投資計画を削減」はダメですね。このままだと「設備投資計画_の数_を削減」という意味になってしまいます。「設備投資計画で予定している金額を削減」とでも変える必要がありますね。

• 英訳

私は今週の半分テストがありました。私はどう電気の使用量を減らすかのレポートを作り提出しました。 もし一つでもテストを落とすと私は留学できません。 I had exams half this week. I made a report on how to reduce the amount of using electricity and turned it in. I can't go abroad for study if I flunk even one exam. これであってるか またはこうしたほうがいいところを教えて下さい(;_;)