英国首相のフランス演説:言語の力

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 英国首相、トニー・ブレアが1998年3月にフランス議会で演説しました。
  • 英国人は他のヨーロッパ人よりも外国語が苦手とされていますが、彼の演説が注目されたのはその言語の使い方でした。
  • 英国産業界では、国際経済の拡大に伴い、言語の運用能力の不足が競争力の欠如につながると警鐘を鳴らしています。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

長文の和訳お願いします!part1

全部でpart4まであります。 テストで要約せよという 問題が出たのですが訳があいまいで内容がよく分かりませんでした。 ご協力お願いしますm(__)m When the British Prime Minister,Tony Blair,adressed the French parliament in March 1998,it wasn't so much what he said that impressed people and made news,as the language in which he said it. His performance was unusual because the British are generally felt to be not as good at foureign languages as other Europeans. Some people think this linguistic weakness is a symptom of the rest of the world to learn English:if they are willing to try to speak to us in our language,why bother learning theirs? British industrialists,however,argue that this laziness may become a disadvantage in an increasingly international economy.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

英国首相、トニー・ブレアが、1998年3月にフランス議会で演説したとき、人々に感銘を与えて、ニュースになったのは、彼の演説内容よりもむしろ、彼がその演説を行った言語でした。 英国人は、普通、他のヨーロッパ人ほど外国語が得意でない感じがするので、彼のパフォーマンスは珍しいものでした。 この言語的な弱さは、世界の他の国々が英語を学ぶことによって発生する症状だと考える人もいます:(つまり) 彼ら(外国人)が我々(英国人)の言葉(英語)で我々と話そうとするのならば、なぜ、彼らの言葉をわざわざ学ぶ必要があるのか?(と言う考え方です) しかし、英国の実業家は、この怠慢がますます国際的になってゆく経済において不利になるかもしれないと主張しています。

Koilakkuma
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます! 本当に助かりました(^-^)

関連するQ&A

• 長文の和訳お願いします!part4

part3の続きです。 There are signs,however,that this linguistic monopoly will not survive into the 21st century. Experts have suggested that the proportion of Internet material in decade as users are given more choice of language. A recent British government report on the future of the English language argued that English will soon be joined by several orther‘world languages’,and the report's auther warned:“We are moving to a stage in which the world will be saturated with English. Every area will have it as a second language,and the most competitive countries will be those that have another world lagnage as well ' It is a warning that most British people do not yet seem to have given much thought to,despite the linguistic efforts of their Prime Minister.

• 長文の英訳お願いします!part2

part1の続きです。 It is claimed that many British companier are losing business through a lack of language skills. Telephone operators often do not understand enough to put through overseas calls,and in a league of European companies with executives who are able to negotiate in a foreign language,Britain is second from bottom. Because of poor language skills at home,employers in Britain are turning increasingly to nationals of other countries when recruiting staff,especially in areas such as hotels,commerce and international transport. Nor is there much good news from British schools,where statistics show that languages are not given as much priarity as in other parts of Europe.

• 長文 和訳

こないだテストでだされたんですが和訳した回答を配ってくれませんでした。。。自分の訳があっているか知りたいのでだいたいで良いので和訳できる人がいたらよろしくお願いします。。。 You may wonder why Hawaiians are so eager to maintain their native language. I think the answer is that language is more than just a means of exchanging information. We see the world around us through the window of our language. It enables us to share the history and culture of our people, and so it helps us find our identity. If we lose our language, we lose something of ourselves. Imagine that English has taken the place of the Japanese language here in Japan. What happens to your culture and identity? English is useful for communication in many parts of the world, but your mother tongue is an important part of your identity. In Japan ,too,there is a minority language, just as in Hawaii. The Ainu people have lose much of their language and culture. Today, they are trying to revive their traditions. In this class we are going to study English of course, but I want you to remember that your mother tongue is the most important language in the world. Mahalo for listening. 以上なんですが長文なのでかなり長いです。。。  これでも回答してくれる方お願いいたします。

• 和訳御願いします(構文が難しい)

Obama wants people who may tune in only occasionally to what happens in Washington to know, as he sees it, that he got some thing done this year, particularly on the economy

• 英文和訳

so intimate is the relation between a language and the people who speak it that the two can scarcely be thought of apart. A language lives only so long as there are people who speak it and use it as native tongue, and its greatness is only that given to it by these people. 質問部分 最後の部分greatness is only that given to it by these people.のitがなにを示しているのかがわかりません。 ちなみに参考書の和訳にはこういった人々によって与えられる偉大さにほかならない。と書かれています。 よろしくお願いします

• 英文の和訳をお願いします

映画のとあるシーンです。 普通の人とは違う特殊なものが見える人が、オカルトショップを経営しています。 その店に、変わった男が訪ねてきました。 その時のことを、経営者が思い出しながら話している、という状況です。 He came to my shop. He said he sees it too. He said I can help him stop what's coming... ... that what I saw is salvation. A salvation that some people wants to stop. He said I can help him and I should see what he sees to understand. What I saw was those he killed a long time ago and those he will kill in the future. He just looked at me, sad, and said that he knows my decision before I even say it. He gave me this mashine. He said to use it if the vision changes back.

• 長文の訳お願いします

Fortunately, we know who made this term and the occasion upon which he first used it. Noah Webster, the famous dictionary maker, coined demoralize. Although he spent fifty years of his life studying words and defining them in dictionaries, this is the only one he ever made. In 1794 he wrote about the French Revolution, and in this he emphasized the bad effects of war, especially civil war, on the morals of the people involved. He referred to these effects as demoralizing. Webster knew he had added a word to the language. He watched to see if others would adopt it, and was pleased to see that the term soon became popular. Before he died in 1843 he knew demoralize had become firmly established in the language. His word has had an unusual thing happen to it. As soon as people began to notice the term, some of them supposed Webster had borrowed it form the French word demoraliser, but in a dictionary he brought out in 1828 Webster explained he had made it by placing the common prefix de on moralize or moral. And this explanation he stuck to as long as he lived. Not long after his death, however, his word was explained as being derived from French, and some dictionaries still give this explanation of it. How does your dictionary say demoralize originated?

• 英語の長文の和訳をお願いします。

途中、並び替えや空欄があります。(A)にはsaying,linguistic,way,somethingが、(B)にはwhich,what,how,whereのどれかが入ります。お願い致します。 Human beings learn to communicate with each other through nonlinguistic means as well as linguistic ones. All of us are familiar with the saying, “It wasn´t what he said ; It was the way that he said it”when, by using the word (A), we mean something about the particular voice quality that was in evidence, or the sat of a shoulder, or the obvious tension in certain muscles. A message may even be contradicted by the accompanying tone and gestures, so that each of “I´m ready,”“You´re beautiful,”and“I don´t know where he is”can mean the opposite of any literal interpretation.  Often we experience difficulty in pinpointing exactly (B) in the communication causes the change of meaning, and any statement we make as to the sources of the discrepancy between the literal meaning of the words and the total message communicated is likely to be expressed in extremely impressionistic terms. It is likely to refer to something like a sparkle in a person´s eye, or a “threatening”gesture, or an “insulting”manner.  We are likely to make similar impressionistic statements about communication between members of different cultures. Sometimes we remark that Frenchmen “talk with their hands,”Japanese “smile”on inappropriate occasions, and American Indians are “stone-faced.”As a result, (tend,people,we,stereotype,to,who) come from other linguistic and cultural backgrounds on the basis of impressions about their language, gestures, customary movements, and uses of space. 以上です。

• 長文の和訳お願いします!pert3

pert2の続きです。 But does this linguistic inability matter in a world where English has become the dominant language of business and international relations? In a recent survey of European organizations,99 percent said that they used English as a working language,as opposed to 63 percent French and 40 percent German. At a world level it has been estimated that 85 percent of international organizations use English,45 percent French and fewer than ten percent Arabic,Spanish of German.

• 和訳お願いします

和訳お願いします。 “The act of being in front of someone while they have that screen — they know if you tip, don’t tip or go into custom screens,” he said. “People in that moment are much more likely to be generous and to tip.”