Al Goreの情熱と地球温暖化に対する彼の提案

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 米国の元副大統領であり、地球温暖化の問題について情熱を持って取り組んでいるAl Gore氏との出会いを経験した。
  • 彼は地球の大気を開放された下水溝のように扱っていると指摘し、新たな炭素源を阻止するための平和的な抗議活動に若者が参加することを奨励している。
  • なぜ若者たちがブルドーザーを阻止し、石炭火力発電所の建設を阻止しないのか理解できないと述べている。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

和訳お願い致します。

I ran into Al Gore at a climate/energy conference this month, and he vibrates with passion about this issue — recognizing that we should confront mortal threats even when they don’t emanate from Al Qaeda. “We are now treating the Earth’s atmosphere as an open sewer,” he said, and (perhaps because my teenage son was beside me) he encouraged young people to engage in peaceful protests to block major new carbon sources. "I can’t understand why there aren’t rings of young people blocking bulldozers,” Mr. Gore said, “and preventing them from constructing coal-fired power plants.”

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9708/12074)
回答No.1

私は今月、気候/エネルギー会議で、アル・ゴアとばったり出会いましたが、彼はこの問題に関する情熱で奮い立っています ― すなわち、(例えば)アル・カイダなどから出されないような時でも、私たちは数々の致命的脅威に対峙・直面すべきである、ということを彼はよく認識しているからなのです。 「私たちは今、開いた下水溝(*)として地球大気圏を扱っています」と彼は言いました。そして、(おそらく私の十代の息子がそばにいたので)彼は、新たな(一酸化)炭素の主要な淵源を阻むための、平和抗議に従事するよう若者たちを激励していました。 「ブルドーザーを阻止して、石炭火力発電所を建設するのを防ごうとするような若者たちの輪がなぜできないのか、私は理解することができませんよ」と、ゴア氏は言いました。 (*)an open sewer「開いた・蓋のない下水溝」とは、「汚物を撒き散らすもの」といったニュアンスでしょう。

mangifera
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願い致します。

I ran into AL Gore at a climate/energy conference this month,and he vibrates with passion about this issue-recognization that we should confront mortal threats even when they don't emarate from AIQaeda. ''We are now treating the Earth's atmosphere as an open sewer'',he said,and(perhaps because my teenage son was beside me)he encouraged young people to engage protests to block maior new carbon sources. ''I can't understand why there aren't rings of young people blocking bulldozers,''Mr.Gore said,''and preventing them from constructing coal-fired power plants.''

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

During Bono's teenage years the Seven Towers housing project was in place, which relocated families to the Ballymun flats. "They were very unhappy, they were angry, they were annoyed, these were the people we would meet as young teenagers," he said. "A lot of my early memories of teenage years were of violence, and the sheer fear of leaving the house, going to catch the bus," he added. "That [song] has all the dignity of that neighbourhood. Some dark characters indeed, but the general decency of people, the goodness, is in [the] guitar solo. I couldn't have achieved that," he told music podcast Song Exploder.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

How did this tour come together? Richard Patrick: I heard about it and said to Dean [DeLeo], “Hey, Dean: take me on tour!” [laughs] And he asked the guys, came back and said, “Everyone says this is good!” Chester Bennington: Pretty much. We wanted this tour to be a really good experience for our fans; and we had been struggling to find bands, the right band, to make it awesome. So when Dean came to rehearsal, we were at Robert’s house recording, and said, “Richard said that they would go out with us.” I was. like, “F---, yeah!” That is exactly what we want and what we need for this tour.

• 和訳お願いします。

和訳お願いします。 There was nothing primitive about this language that flowed from people's hands,nothing we say now that could not be said in the endless array of movements passible with the fine bones of the finguers and wrists. 「,」までですが、訳してみました。 人々の手から流れ出ているこの言語について原始的なものは何もない。 上の日本語であってますか? よろしくお願いします。

• 同じ意味になるようにお願いします。和訳もお願いしま

He bought a car, bus sold it after a month. He sold the car which he <><> a month <>. It is ten years since we moved to this town. <><><><> since we moved to this town. Mother began to look for her purse an hour ago and she is still looking for it. Mother <><><> for her purse <> an hour. I said to myself, "Who left the window open?" I wondered <><><> the window open.

• 和訳お願い致します。

In the same way,terror experts aren't sure about the magnitude and timing of AL Qacda's next strike .But it would be myopic to shrug that because there's uncertaity about the risks,we shouldn't act vigorously to confront them-yet that's our national policy toward climate change,and it's a disgrace.

• 和訳お願い致します。

The Hebrew race, their works, and their books, are great facts in the history of man; the influence of the mind of this people upon the rest of mankind has been immense and peculiar, and there can be no difficulty in recognising therein the hand of a directing Providence. But we may not make ourselves wiser than God, nor attribute to Him methods of procedure which are not His. If, then, it is plain that He has not thought it needful to communicate to the writer of the Cosmogony that knowledge which modern researches have revealed, why do we not acknowledge this, except that it conflicts with a human theory which presumes to point out how God ought to have instructed man? The treatment to which the Mosaic narrative is subjected by the theological geologists is anything but respectful. The writers of this school, as we have seen, agree in representing it as a series of elaborate equivocations -- a story which palters with us in a double sense.' But if we regard it as the speculation of some Hebrew Descartes or Newton, promulgated in all good faith as the best and most probable account that could be then given of God's universe, it resumes the dignity and value of which the writers in question have done their utmost to deprive it. It has been sometimes felt as a difficulty to taking this view of the case, that the writer asserts so solemnly and unhesitatingly that for which he must have known that he had no authority. But this arises only from our modern habits of thought, and from the modesty of assertion which the spirit of true science has taught us. Mankind has learnt caution through repeated slips in the process of tracing out the truth.

• 和訳教えてください

He was such a great inspiration to the young and to all in baseball,and above all, to the proud people of his homeland, Puerto Rico. この文の和訳して いただけませんか??

• すぐに和訳お願い致します!!!

The next day the workmen came to put everything tidy. "This is evidently a deputation," said the Rocket; " I will receive them with becoming dignity;" so he put his nose in the air, and began to frown severely as if he were thinking about some very important subject. But they took no notice of him at all till they were just going away. Then one of them caught sight of him. "Hallo!" he cried, " what a bad rocket!" and he threw him over the wall into the ditch. "BAD ROCKET? BAD ROCKET?" he said, as he whirled through the air; " impossible ! GRAND ROCKET, that is what the man said. BAD and GRAND sound very much the same, indeed they often are the same ;" and he fell into the mud. "It is not comfortable here," he remarked, "but no doubt it is some fashionable watering-place, and they have sent me away to recruit my health. My nerves are certainly very much shattered, and I require rest." Then a little Frog, with bright jewelled eyes, and a green mottled coat, swam up to him.

• 和訳をお願い致します

His North node was in yours second house, this mean both of you, can draw on karmic resources and skills from other life's and put them to use to earn money in this life. In the past life he developed various skills or talent but did not profit from them because of a fear that if he worked for himself, or struck out in those skills in a different kind of work place. you and he would loose the security you had. He found it difficult to anchor himself in the material and practical world, he felt too much emotionally, dreamed too much. He had the potential to be self supporting, and support you, but you may have somehow made him feel he did not Afraid of financial insecurity. In the present incarnation you must encourage him and also your self towards being self supporting in a mutual interest or talent and regaining the success you can enjoyed. In then present life the karma is to correct this mistake. He needs in this life to be independent in the kind of work and money life you will have together. He needs to earn the money but need to use his talents to do so. Your role is to help him, rather than discourage him, to make it easier and help him belief in himself.