Obama's Silent Gesture: The Power of a Hoodie

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Obama offered no explanation for his silent gesture, but Lelia McDwell, vice president of communications for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, suggests a provocative idea.
  • McDwell proposes putting a hoodie on Obama and having him walk down an alley to demonstrate the challenges faced by biracial individuals.
  • She emphasizes that being black in America is a political construct, regardless of individual genetic makeup or identifying characteristics.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

次の英文の訳をお願いします

Obama offered no explanation, but Lelia McDwell has an idea. 「Put a hoodie on him and have him walk down an ally, and see how biracial he is then 」 said McDell,vice president of communications for National Assosiation for the Advancement of Colored People. put a hoodie on~・・~にフード付きセーターを着せ顔を隠させる National Assosiation for the Advancement of Colored People (全米黒人地位向上委員会) 「Bing black in this country is a political construct」she said. 「Even though my father is white and I have half his genes, when I apply for a loan , when I walk into the car lot, when I apply for a job , they do not see me as half white, they see me as black, If you have any identifying characteristics, you are black」 identifying characteristics・・・それとわかる特徴 construct・・・構造物

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

オバマは説明しなかったが、リーラ・マクドウェルはこう考えた。「彼にフード付きの上着を着せて路地を歩かせてごらん。彼が如何にバイレイシアル(二人種的)だか分かる」と、NAACPの広報副会長のマクドウェルは言った。  「アメリカで黒人だということは政治的に作ったものよ」と彼女は言った。「わたしの父は白人で、わたしは半分彼の遺伝子を受け継いでいるんだが、金を借りようと申込んだり、車売り場に足を入れたり、就職活動をしたりする時は、私を半分白人とは見ない、私を(全部)黒人と見るのよ。それと分かる特徴があれば、黒人なの。」

その他の回答 (1)

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

オバマは説明をしませんでした、しかし、レリア・マクドゥエルには考えがあります。 「彼にフード付きセーターを着せ顔を隠させなさい、そして、彼に路地を歩いて来させなさい、それから、彼がどれくらい2つの人種か見てください」と全米黒人地位向上委員会、コミュニケーション副委員長のマクドゥエルは言いました。 「この国で黒人であると言うことは政治的な構成概念です」と彼女は言いました。 「私の父が白人で、私が彼の遺伝子の半分を持っていても、私がローンの申し込みをする時、私が車売り場に入ってゆく時、私が仕事に応募する時、彼らは私を半分白人とは見ません、彼らは、私を黒人だと見るのです。あなたがそれとわかる特徴を持っていれば、あなたは黒人なのです」 ☆ <注>がありましたが、construct は「構成概念」と訳してみました。 http://eow.alc.co.jp/construct/UTF-8/

関連するQ&A

• 次の英文の訳をお願いします

But the logic is simply for Ryan Graham , the brownskineed son of a white-black marriage. 「Say you are wearing a black-and-white shirt .Somebody asks , What color is your shiet? It is black and white. There you go. People ask me , What race are you? I say I am black and white. It is that simple」 said Graham, a 25-year-old sales consultant from Fort Launderdale, Fla. Say・・・・例えば Fla ・・・フロリダ州

• 次の英文の訳をお願いします

But the logic is simply for Ryan Graham , the brownskineed son of a white-black marriage. 「Say you are wearing a black-and-white shirt .Somebody asks , What color is your shiet? It is black and white. There you go. People ask me , What race are you? I say I am black and white. It is that simple」 said Graham, a 25-year-old sales consultant from Fort Launderdale, Fla. Say・・・・例えば There you go・・・それでいいのです Fla ・・・フロリダ州

• 次の英文の訳お願いします

There were 784,746 U.S residents who described their race as white and black in the last census count. But that number did not include Laura Martin, whose father is black and mother is white. 「I have always just checked black on my form」 said Martin, a 29-year-old university employee in Las Vegas. She grew up surrounded by black fammily and friends,listening to black music and active in black causes - 「So,I am black」 active in black causes・・・・黒人の為に活動する Exhibit A is President Barack Obama. He declined to check the box for white on his census form, despite his mothers whiteness. Exhibit A ・・・証拠物件その1

• 英文の訳について

私は知らない土地を散歩するのが好きです。と英文を作りたいのですが・・・。 i like taking a walk in places i have never been. だとどう言う意味になるのでしょうか?? お分かりになる方、是非教えて下さい!

• 下記の英文の訳をお願いします。

はっきりと意味がわからないので… 英語が得意な方がいましたら、この文章の訳を教えて欲しいです。 回答を頂けるととても助かります。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。 There is one positive in my life, and that is this wonderful woman I have met. She must be sent from a higher power because I don't see any reason why anyone would even be interested in me. Unbelievably, she likes me for the good I do and loves me for the rest. She doesn't judge, she always looks at the positive and for whatever reasons that I hope to understand one day, she chose me. We've been seeing each other for about 3 years now but her home is half way around the world and she just left today. I feel so alone right now.

• 次の英文の訳をお願いします

How much safety should we have? For an economist , the answer to such a question is generally expressed in therms of marginal benefits and marginal csts. The economically efficient level of safety occurs when the marginal cost of increasing safety just equals the marginal benefit of that increased safety.

• 英文の訳をお願いします

How are you doing? I'm doing fine I'm good.= I can't complain How are you getting along? = How is everything with you ? See you then! So long ! = Goodbye != Bye It's been a long time =Long time no see =I haven't seen you for ages =I haven't seen you for a long time

• 次の英文の訳をお願いします

But with this increased awareness of the Muslim , there is a lack of appreciation of the nuances within our group. The reality is that the vast majority of Muslims are secular and, like me, quite godless. We do not pray five times a day , do not read the Koran and have not spent much time inside a mosque. We only turn to Islam when a child is born , someone gets married or someone dies.

• 次の英文の訳をお願いします

Isabella Rodriguez will soon be promoted to the position of senior vice president for Research and Development. She has been a dedicated member of this company for thirteen years, and I am confident that she will continue to help make Smithsonian Pharmaceutical the number one brand in child medicine. Ms.Rom has worked for the past five years as scince team manager. She has increased the efficiency of that department by 35% ,enabling us to produce a steady flow of innovative medicines. As the head of R&D ,she plans to perform a thorough analysis of all the departments operations and make chenges to insure that no resources are wasted. Please join me and the rest of the administrative staff at 2:00 today in the cafeteria to celebrate the promotion of Ms,Rom.

• 次の英文の和訳をお願いします。

次の英文の和訳をお願いします。 I've worked with hundreds of people with troubled relationships, and practically every one of them has made the same mistake of arguing a the "truth.” This strategy never helped anyone resolve a problem. When you feel upset, you will have a tremendous urge to explain why your ideas and feelings are valid. Don't do it! You will have a tremendous urge to defend yourself and argue. Don't do it! What usually happens when you try to point out the truth to someone? When you argued and got defensive, did your spouse ever stop arguing and say, "Thank you, thank you for opening my eyes. I see now where I was so wrong?" The key to resolving an argument is often to back off and try a different approach.The bottom line is that you must never defend the "truth!" Your "truth is your enemy! When you give up the idea that you have a monopoly on the truth and you try to understand the other person's point of view, you will find that people will be much more willing to listen to you and to understand your own point of view. 長くなってしまいましたが、よろしくお願いします m(__)m