• 締切済み

テスト勉強に訳がほしいです。お願いします

I spent hours poring over that map, long before my family ever moved into the house that we eventually bought,with that V.A. loan,at 5179 Eliots Oak Road the neighborhood of Longfellow the Village of Harper’s Choice. To me the remarkable thing about those names was not their oddity but the simple fact that most of them referred to locations that did not exist. They were like magic spells,each one calibrated to call into being one particular stretch of blacktop,sidewalk,and lawn,and no other. In time-I witnessed it with my own eyes,month by month,year by year-the street demanded by the formula “Darkbush Terrace” or “Night Roost” would chum up out of the Maryland mud and clay, begin to sprout houses, trees, a tidy blue-and-white identifying sign. It was a Powerful demonstration to me of the incantatory power of names and naming.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数0

みんなの回答

• sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.1

<訳例> 復員軍人援護局のローンで、私の家族が、結局買うハーパーズチョイス村のロングフェロウの近所エリオットオークロード5197の家に引っ越すずっと前に、私はその地図を詳細に調べるのに何時間も費やしました。私にとって、それらの名前にまつわる注目すべき事はそれらの風変わりなことではなく、それらの大部分は存在していない場所について述べていると言う簡単な事実でした。それらは魔法の呪文に似ていて、それぞれが、アスファルト、歩道、および芝生と言う一つの特定の広がりであり、どんな他のものにもちょっと立ち寄らないように修正されていました。そうこうするうちに、私は、毎月毎月、毎年毎年、現にそれを目撃しました、「ダークブッシュテラス」とか「夜の止まり木」というありふれた決まり文句によって求められた通りが、メリーランドの土地になじみ、家、木、きちんとした青と白の識別標識を作り出し始めたのです。それは、私にとっては、名前と命名の魔法の力の、強力な実物説明でした。 <注> Longfellow:Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-82)米国の詩人 Eliot:George Eliot(1819-80)英国の女流小説家、エリオット(Mary Ann Evans のペンネーム) Eliot:Thomas Stearns Eliot(1888-1965)米国生まれの英国の詩人・評論家 上記の様に、文学関係の人には特別な名前の付いた土地にこの主人公(作家?)は家を持つことになったようです。

関連するQ&A

• テスト勉強に訳がほしいです。お願いします

And there was the vast, unsuspected cataclysm of my parents’ divorce,that redrew so many boundaries,and created, with the proverbial stroke of the pen, vast new areas of confusion and dismay. And then one day I left Columbia, and discovered the bitter truth about race relations,and for a while I was inclined to view the lessons I had been taught with a certain amount of rueful anger. I felt that I had been lied to,that the map I had been handed was a forgery. And after a11,I would hear it said from time to time,Columbia had failed in its grand experiment. It had become a gardenvariety suburb in the Baltimore-Washington Corridor;there was crime there,and racial unrest. 

• テスト勉強に訳がほしいです。お願いします

In a sense, the ongoing work of my hometown and the business of my childhood coincided perfectly; for as my family Subsequently moved to the even newer, rawer Village of Long Reach, and then proceeded to fall very rapidly apart, Columbia and l both struggled to fill in the empty places,to feel our way outward into the mysterious gaps and undiscovered comers of the world. In the course of my years in Columbia, I encountered things not called for by the members of the Working Group,things that were not on the map. There were strange,uncharted territories of race and sex and nagging human unhappiness.

• テスト勉強に訳がほしいです。お願いします

The judgments of Columbia’s critics may or may not be accurate, but it seems to me, looking back at the city of my and James Rouse’s dreams from 30 years on , that just because you have stopped believing in something you once were promised does not mean that the promise itself was a lie. Childhood, at its best, is a perpetual adventure, in the truest sense of that overtaxed word: a setting forth into trackless lands that might have come to existence the instant before you first laid eyes on them.

• 英文の訳が分かりません

英文の訳が分かりません The thing that he was about to do was to open a diary. this was not illegal (nothing was illegal, since there were no longer any laws ), but if detected it was reasonably certain that it would be punished by death, or at least by twenty-five years in a forced-labour camp. Winston fitted a nib into the penholder and sucked it to get the grease off. The pen was an archaic instrument, seldom used even for signatures, and he had procured one,furtively and with some difficulty, simply because of a feeling that the beautiful creamy paper deserved to be written on with a real nib instead of being scratched with an ink-pencil. Actually he was not used to writing by hand. Apart from very short notes, it was usual to dictate everything into the speak-write, which was of course impossible for his present purpose. He dipped the pen into the ink and then faltered for just a second. A tremor had gone through his bowels. To mark the paper was the decisive act. In small clumsy letters he wrote April 4th, 1984 この英文を全訳してもらえるとありがたいです

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

Millie has a daughter and a son, but they live on the opposite side of the country and aren’t able to visit now. Her daughter is 4, and when I saw her over the summer, she briefly referred to me as auntie. Millie pulled her daughter to the side and told her that I was not her auntie and that I was to be referred to by my first name. I was to be referred to by my first nameの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳お願いします。

The tendency to judge the customs, cultural values, beliefs and norms of other societies by the standards of one's own, and hold one's own superior, is referred to as ethnocentrism. Upon my recent return from an amazing two weeks in northern India, I was asked, although rhetori- cally: Don't you appreciate America now? I was asked this not once but many times, which made me contem- plate the meaning of travel abroad with regard to valuing my home The impligátio land. n behind the above question was the presumption that I had a lack of appreciation before I ventured off to foreign soil. When I travel, I make a concerted effort at assimilating, to the best of my ability, into the culture and environment I am visiting.I have tried to stop thinking and categorizing in terms of contrasting and compar ing with America and be content with describing places and people and customs for what they are Sure, there are things I like better in one place or another, but those are merely components of cultures and countries, not a whole picture. Travel is not a competition; rather, it is a tool for understanding the world. Discarding preconceived notions and cultural biases provides a springboard for overcoming feelings of ethnocentricity.

• 日本語訳を! 6-(4)

お願いします。 (9) The Pyramid Texts, the Coffin Texts, and the Book of the Dead all had the same purpose―turn the quiz into an open-book exam and guarantee that the spirits passed. Once safely though the labyrinth of portals, the spirits entered the hall of judgment. Before 42 gods, the spirits declared their innocence to everything the Egyptians could think of. The cheat sheet helped them remember all the sins they didn't commit. The spirits addressed the gods one by one. Some of the gods had creepy names: Bone Breaker and Blood Eater, for example. Some gods had rather unusual names: Fiery Eyes, Hot Foot, and Pale One. Others had names that would make good video game demons: Demolisher, Lord of Truth, and the Accuser. Still others sounded a bit goofy, as if they were one of the Seven Dwarfs―Nosey, for example. The spirits had to remember which sin they denied to which god (with the help of their cheat sheet). Apparently being noisy was considered sinful. One of the denial was "O Water-smiter who came forth from the Abyss, I have not been loud voiced."

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

Plus, the income uptick has helped me double-down on my debt repayment: My car is now paid off, and I expect to cancel out my student loans by the end of this year. Some people may not understand my journey, but everyone’s priorities are different—and I’m happy I fulfilled mine by scouting out jobs with higher salaries and kicking my savings habits into overdrive. double-down on my debt repaymentと kicking my savings habits into overdriveの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 自然な日本語訳でおねがいします。

.......and when by chance the conversation turned upon the Greek tragedians, a subject upon which Hayward felt he spoke with authority, he had assumed the air that it was his part to give information rather than to exchange ideas. Weeks had listened politely, with smiling modesty, till Hayward finished; then he asked one or two insidious questions, so innocent in appearance that Hayward, not seeing into what a quandary they led him, answered blandly; Weeks made a courteous objection, then a correction of fact, after that a quotation from some little known Latin commentator, then a reference to a German authority; and the fact was disclosed that he was a scholar. With smiling ease, apologetically, Weeks tore to pieces all that Hayward had said; with elaborate civility he displayed the superficiality of his attainments. He mocked him with gentle irony. Philip could not help seeing that Hayward looked a perfect fool, . . . .

• 英文の訳が分かりません

英文の訳が分かりません But it had also been suggested by the book that he had just taken out of the drawer. it was a peculiarly beautiful book. its smooth creamy paper, a little yellowed by age, was of a kind that had not been manufactured for at least forty years past. He could guess, however, that the book was much older than that. He had seen it lying in the window of a frowzy little junk-shop in a slummy quarter of the town ( just what quarter he did not now remember ) and had been stricken immediately by an overwhelming desire to possess it. party members were supposed not to go into ordinary shops ( ‘dealing on the free market ’, it was called), but the rule was not strictly kept, because there were various things such as shoelaces and razor blades which it was impossible to get hold of in any other way. He had given a quick glance up and down the street and then had slipped inside and bought the book for two dollars fifty. At the time he was not conscious of wanting it for any particular purpose He had carried it guiltily home in his briefcase. Even with nothing written in it, it was a com-promising possession この英文を全訳してもらえるとありがたいです。