• 締切済み

英文の意味が通るかを確認お願いします

最後に、一番印象に残っている文章は最初の一段落です。『決して余所余所しい頭文字など使う気にはなれない。』とあります。最初に読んだときには気に止まるはずもありませんが、二度目にはKとの対比にすぐ気づきました。自分のせいで死んでしまった親友でさえ頭文字で表す『先生』と、『先生』を想ってやまない純粋な『私』との決定的な違いを表していると思います。人間のもっとも深く暗い部分を透明な文章で描いたこの作品を。難しいのだけれど、これからも何度でも読み返したいと思いました。 The sentence left in the impression most is the first temporary settlement at the end. It is here 'It can never feel like using the cold initial.'. It noticed comparison with K in the second time soon though it cannot have stopped at the mind when it was read first. Even a dead good friend because of himself thinks 'a teacher' 'the teacher' shown with an initial, and thinks that a conclusive difference is shown with 'me' who doesn't stop and who is pure. This work which drew the human most intimate dark part by the transparent sentence. Though it was difficult, I wanted to read it again from this as well even how many times.

みんなの回答

回答No.1

■翻訳ソフトの結果か何かでしょうか?全体的にかなり自然な言い方に手直ししないと和文(文旨)を知らない人には意味が分かり難いのでは?、と思います。上掲の和文はご自身の言いたいことだと推察しますが、それを直訳しようとされているのでかなり無理が掛かっている様です。 ■ana airwaysさんがどのような方でどんな目的でこの英訳に取り組まれているのかよく分からないので、必要十分な回答になるかどうか分かりませんが、気になったところだけかいつまんで申し上げます。 ■第1文 I was impressed with ...と始めた方が自然です。また"the first temporary settlement"と聞いて「最初の一段落」のこととは分からないかも知れません。"the first paragraph"としては如何でしょうか? ■第2文 "It is here ..."は It reads ... ぐらいでしょうか? 『決して余所余所しい頭文字など使う気にはなれない。』の主語は"It"ではなく主人公か誰かを示す動作主の方が良いでしょう。 ■第3文 単純に Though I didn't notice the implication at my first reading, I recognized the auther contrasted ... としてみてはどうでしょう? ■第4文 この英文は正直ちょっとよく分かりません。構文をもっとシンプルにした方がよいと思います。和文の内容もピンとこないのであたしには完全な訳出は無理です。ただ『自分のせいで』という内容によりますが、『自分のせいで死んでしまった親友』は、a good friend who(m) he drove to death at fault ぐらいが自然でしょう。 ■第5文 transparentは言葉や文章に対して用いると「意味が明白だ」という意味合いですが、言葉に気品がある、という意味で「透明な文章」と仰りたいのであれば、pureぐらいが良いかもしれません。和文ではここは「この作品を」で切れてしまってますが、本当は次の最後の文に続いているのではないですか? またこの最後の英文は文になっていないようです。書き直す場合には時制は現在時制でお書きになった方がよいでしょう。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 6つの英文を訳してください

この英文の意味が分かりません 訳していただだきたいです。 1)Dark as it was, I could find my way back. 2)Even if I leave now, it will be too late. 3)My room is very comfortable wvwn though it is small 4)As far as we could see,everything was white 5)You may brrow the book as long as you return it. 6)There is no doubt as to who will win です。よろしくお願いします。

• 英訳が正しいかどうかを確認してもらいたいのですが・・・

「もしあなたが、時には努力してもそれが実らない時があると教えられたとしても、それは間違ってる。仮に本当だとしても、努力した人が報われるとは限らないけど、報われた人は皆努力しているので、それを信じるべきではない。」 を下のように英訳しました・・・。間違いを教えてください。また、不自然な英語のようなので、模範解答も教えてくれると嬉しいです。 If you told that you even if you try harder, you will meet with a moment that you can't make it you shouldn’t believe it,it is wrong. If it is true you shouldn’t stop your effort because all rewarding people were making an effort though the person who made an effort was not necessarily rewarding.

• 英文で意味の取れないところがあります。

79% of Americans read no books, 83% not only read magazines but read them so faithfully that they pay in advance for them in order to receive them regularly. The total possible book-reading public was 30,000,000. The prepaid magazine-reading public was 125,000,000. It is very clear not only where most Americans get their ideas about politics, public events, geography, current history and current opinion, but also where they read whatever "literature" they read. 原文はもっと長いのですが、抜粋した上記の英文で、後段のIt is 以下の意味と文法的構成がよく分かりません。 Itはwhere 以下の先行形式主語なんでしょうか? whatever "literature"に関し、解説では「いわゆる"文学作品"で(彼らの読むだけのもの)」literatureとは雑誌にのった文学作品を指す。とあります。 whatever "literature"が何故そのような意味になるのかが分かりません。 宜しくお願い致します。

• 英文を訳してください

この文を訳してください!! My mom is very protective of me so she doesn't like it if I talk to people, who she thinks are strangers. :) But we just have to be quiet and sneaky. heehee. Is that okay with you?

• 英文を書いてみたのですが添削してもらえないでしょうか

The Green Mile This movie was released in 1996, and it was nominated for four Academy Award. (Best Supporting Actor, Best Picture, Best Sound, and Best Adapted Screenplay ) The title means road to the electric chair. The scene of this story is on death row in the 1930. 1930 year was an age of serious great depression in the United States. One day, a new inmate arrives. His name is John Coffey who is 7-foot-tall , and black male. He convicted of raping and killing two young Girls. At first sight, John Coffey seems very ferocious, but actual John is gentle giant. Sometimes he cries, because he afraid of darkness. Surely most audience think he is not man who can murder young girls. However he was found by police holding corpse. In fact he has extraordinary healing powers, who reveals by healing warder’s urinary tract infection and resurrecting a mouse. When John is asked to explain his power, he merely says that he "took it back. On that day John defy to care girls. John is innocence. Regrettably, John was sentenced to death, so he can’t escape to death penalty. The director have much concern with John’s initial. John’s initial is the same Jesus Christ. John was modeled on god. He tried to save the human, but he was killed by human. His life resembles Jesus Christ. He had said I was tired before it died. Perhaps god thought so too.  This film picks up the problem of race, and false accusation. John’s lawyer conceive a prejudice against black man. The lawyer thought Black man is the same as dog. He said even if it is usually obedient, that might bite us suddenly. This idea was general in 1930. It is not an exaggeration to say that discrimination to the black executed John. In the last scene, a hero says everyone walks in a green mile of the life. He was 108 years old now, but there is no person who lives a long life in this age. He was helped his sick by John, but he couldn’t save John from electric chair. He probably received John’s life when he was helped. But he thinks his long life is visitation. The prisoner wants to live more, but warder who enforces the death sentence hopes for the death. It is the sarcastic one. 映画「グリーンマイル」についての文です。 わからないところはエキサイト翻訳を使ったので、変なところがあると思います・・・。 でも自分ではそれが変なのかわからなくて困っています。 添削お願いします!

• 英文の意味を教えて下さい。

アメリカのネットショップで小物を予約していました。どうしても欲しくて11月から予約していたんですが今回買えませんでした。理由を相手に聞いたら返事が来たのですがすみませんが意味を教えて下さい。ほんとに悲しいです・・・ When you first asked everything was hold but I’m not 100% sure where it got miss communicated. I thought everything shipped with last shipment from here. But after receiving your email is the time I notice it didn’t shipped. I believe warehouse thought it was holding for long time and they released it.

• 直訳を教えて下さい。

以下の英文の直訳を教えてください。 Even though it was he who created my brother and i but he was such a miserable old man. 部分的には分かる所もありますが it was he who の所が、今一つ分かりません(強調構文というそうですが)^^; 宜しくお願いします。

• 英文を直してください!

下の英文は上の日本語訳のように訳したつもりなんですが、文法的におかしい所を直してくださいm(__)m 私はこの映画にとても感動しました。 まず、この話が実話であるということにとても驚きました。 たとえ人々に無謀だと言われても諦めなかったジャックはとてもかっこいいと思いました。 夢を叶えるのはとても難しい事です。 しかし、昔から叶えたい夢があるのはとても素晴らしい事です。 また、私は多くの人々の協力とサポートにもとても感動しました。 彼の一生懸命な姿勢が人々の心を動かしたのだろうと思います。 私たちは彼を見習うべきです。 I was very impressed with this movie. At first I was really suprised in this movie was made based on a true story. Even if it was told many people to be reckless, I thought that Jack who never gave it up was very cool. Fulfilling your dreams is very difficult. But it is a very splendid thing that there is the dream that he want to grant from old days. Also, I was very impressed by cooperation and the support of many people. I think that his desperate attitude would move the emotions of people. We should learn from him. 宜しくお願いしますm(__)m

• 強調構文の中の関係詞の文の先行詞がわかりません。

1) It was I who loved you most,   It was me who love you most. はどちらとも正しい?    答えはYesです。   マイケルスワンOxford実例現代英語用法辞典にありました。   ○It is I who am responsible. ○It is me that is responsible.   前文は I am responsible.という文を意識した言い方   後ろの文は、先行詞Itと関係詞節を意識した構造。     その証拠に It ( that is responsible ) is me.と、that節内の動詞はamでなく、先行詞Itにあわせ isになっています。 と参考文献にあったのですが、 強調構文て、Itがこの文の前にあるであろう言葉を受けて、例えば 1)だと、それがヒトをあらわすので  先行詞itでwho(that) loved you most がwas I. というふうに考えるのでは、なかったですか? とすれば、  ○It is I who am responsible.は It is I who is responsible. では?  ○It is me that is responsible.  は、先行詞it でthat is responsible がis me.で、理解できます。 わかりにくい書き方だったでしょうか? もしそうなら本当にすみません。 精一杯書いてみました。よろしくお願いいたします。

• 次の英文の意味を教えて下さい。

次の英文の意味を教えて下さい。 That is the law that Goldsmith betrayed, even though he took it seriously. His U.S. counterparts didn't even believe in it, so there is no need for an American inquiry to reveal what went wrong in the White House. Just as well, because there wasn't going to be one anyway. 英国の対イラク開戦が違法であったとの論評の結論部分です。 特に最後のbecause以下がわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 旦那との失言で嫌気が差し、離婚を考えている女性の悩み
  • 旦那の俺様感やクレーマー気質などに生理的に無理を感じている
  • 子供を考えた夫婦像が揺らぐ状況。第三者からの意見を求める
回答を見る