• ベストアンサー

Water slide の意味について

Water slide may come down this year と言うタイトルのニュースがありましたが、Water slide の意味がよく分かりません。Fellows wrote that he will advertise the water slide for sale, to be removed at the buyer's expense within 60 days.などの文書もありました。水の移動?かな?なんだか文章が変ですよね。どうかご教授ください。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

アメリカに35年ほど住んでいる者です。 これは、水を上から流して摩擦を減らし滑り易くした滑り台のことです. ジェットコースターのようないろいろなスリルに飛んで、かなりのスピードが出る、プールや遊園地にあるものです. これでいいでしょうか。 分からない点がありましたら、補足質問してください。

itikotu
質問者

お礼

早速のご教授有難うございました。問題解決です。溜飲の下がる思いです。水不足のイメージが強く、水をどこかに移動することかな等と勘違いしていました。  有難うございます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (1)

• pierre2
  • ベストアンサー率24% (259/1070)
回答No.1

プールとかにある滑り台のことでは?

itikotu
質問者

お礼

早速のご回答、まことに有難うございます。水をどこかに移動することと勘違いしていました。  本当に助かりました。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• come what may

解釈宜しくお願いします。 Moulin Rouge / YEAR: 2001 という 映画の中で聞いた曲の歌詞です。 原曲はカントリーらしいのですが。 come what may i will love you until my dying day この歌は普通にwhat may come ~ と歌ってもメロディに乗るのですが なぜわざわざ倒置しているのでしょうか。 whatever, whatsoeverの様な意味合いを出しているのでしょうか。

• eBayからの知らないメール

私の職場のメールアドレス(公開されています)宛に、eBayを名乗る差出人から 次のようなメールが届きました。 原文はhtml形式で、差出人のアドレスや住所など一部は伏せています。 -------------------- 差出人:*********@ebay.com 件名:eBay Item Won! *******!! (Item #********) 本文 Dear buyer, You have agreed to purchase the following eBay item from ******** (*******- ******, ) on Aug-25-05 10:28:47 PDT: Payment instructions from seller: Buyer must contact me within 3 days after sale / paid in full within 7 days, or item will be relisted and appropriate feedback left. ***** Note: The seller has been sent a separate email to confirm this sale. --------------------- どうやらeBayのオークションで落札したから入札者に連絡せよ、支払いをせよ、 という内容のようです。 私はeBayのアカウントもないし、応札した覚えも全くありません。 本文最後に「売手からメールが送られている」とありますが、それは受信していません。 これはスパムメールなのでしょうか? 他の誰かが私のアカウントを勝手に使って応札したということでしょうか? 当面は無視しようと思っていますが、何か対応しておくべきなのでしょうか? どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 高校英語の和訳教えてください

We can never get rid of all pollution. To return our natural surroundings to their original purity would involve a return to stone age living conditions. Man can, however, improve the quality of the surroundings if he is willing to pay the costs involved. He may have to give up rapid growth;his taxes may rise;and some of the products he buys, now produced cheaply at the expense of his environment, will cost more. よろしくお願いします

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

Before this day ends, the last of some 45 kinds of plants and animals will die.A month from now, species will be gone. Within a year, the number of vanished species will total about 17,500.Scientists provide these estimates, which represent the most hopeful case.The actual numbers may prove to be much higher.Among the vanishing species are African elephants.Ivory hunters kill the elephants illegally at the rate of about 200 a day.Farmers in overcrowded countries squeeze elephant herds into spaces too small to support them.Ten years ago 1.5 million elephants roamed the African countryside.

• 和訳お願いします。

Happy new year, may all your wishes come true and may 2012 be an unforgettable year for both of us. Somehow I kept thinking of you, especially after seeing your photos, you are still looking beautiful. This year I will do my best to come to Asia and hopefully we could meet each other somewhere. This year countdown I went to a good friend of mine. We had dinner at his restaurant and after that we went to a club to have drinks. Wish that we could have a countdown in the future together.

• タイ人の方が書いた英文を訳してください・・

he's not handsome ka.he's not my boyfriend at this time.u will come to bangkok in october to see a doctor that's right. may be we will go to the sea together with gift & rat. do u remember them. i hope coz i like to go to the sea ka. Have a good day naka

• 次の問題の答えを教えてください!

○1.~5.に続くもっとも適切なものをa.~e.から1つ選びなさい。 1.The time will surely come [                  ]. 2.That is the house [                  ]. 3.We all know the reason [                   ]. 4.This is how [                      ]. 5.The office [                    ]. a.where I was born b.he got out of danger c.where my father works is close to the station d.when the war will end e.why he failed ○(       )に入れるのに最も適した複合関係詞を下から1つずつ選んで書きなさい。文頭に来る文字も小文字になっています。 1.I am interested in (             ) you write. 2.Come and see me (             ) it is convenient for you. 3.You may invite (             ) wants to come. 4.(            ) hard you try, you will never finish it in a week. [however       whatever       whenever      wherever       whoever] できたらでいいですが、訳も教えていただけたらと思います。 どなたかわかる方、お願いします!

• a & the or without について

1) Her English has Japanese accent. Her English has a Japanese accent. 2) There is a possibility of losing the job There is the possibility of losing the job. 3) There is the possibility that he will go abroad. There is a possibility that he will go abroad. 4) There is the danger that the killer will come back to the town. There is a danger that the killer will come back to the town. 6) It may lead to extinction of all wild animals. It may lead to the extinction of all wild animals. 7) The death of the singer came as a huge shock. Death of the singer came as a huge shock. 8) He wants to work in the car industry. He wants to work in car industry. 上記の文はどちらが正しいですか?もし、どちらも間違ってはいないものは、ニュアンスに違いがでると思うのですが、どのような違いですか?分かりやすく説明いただけると助かります。また A や the もしくはどちらも要らない等の文法は日本語にはないものですが、これを間違っていると例えば日本語で言えば、どのくらいおかしく聞こえるのでしょう。はっきりと感覚がつかめなくて困っています。 それからついでですが、Would you please ~は(~していただけますか。) で、Could you please ~ は(~していただくことは可能でしょうか。)のニュアンスの違いかなと認識してますが、これは正しいですか?? 

• 和訳をお願いします

以下の英文を和訳していただけるかたに。 お願いできますでしょうか? 1文節の後半部分です。 ちぐはぐですが、よろしくお願いいたします。 There will be may be obstacles to the marriage or relationship between you initially. Things will happen much more slowly than you really want. In his own life he it will seem to him that things have always happened slow, or at a later time for him than for most people, that his struggle has been harder and longer. Including the struggle to find love. The courtship and wedding ceremony may come within a two year period of sorrows and tragedies in the soul mates life. It will be not be lavish but it will be a nice ceremony., that feels exactly right for you. This will be a lasting marriage. He is a partner for whom marriage and love become a duty and commitment. With Saturn in the seventh house it is generally more favorable for marriages later in life than in youth. But if you become unhappy or tire of this union and then wish to be free of it. It will be in your own hands to separate and divorce. Divorce will not follow if the action for it rests in the hand of the soul mate.

• 長文ですが翻訳をお願いできませんか?

長文ですが翻訳していただけると嬉しいです。 どうぞよろしくお願いします。 The element on your seventh house is water. This means your first impression will be on a subconscious intuitive level, an emotional impression, that your day to day mind may not recognize. Your first impression may be of a sympathetic person whom you can feel a kind of comforting affinity with. Feel that he is like you, the same sort of person deep down, however different he is on the surface. He will feel familiar to you someone you can be at ease with.. You’ll feel secure, safe underneath with him. He will make you feel cared for, and so the initial meeting on the everyday level will go much easier and smoother than you could probably envisage, almost before you notice it or are preoccupied with other things, it will materialize and become part of your life. He wont rush into the relationship but he will expect it to be lasting. To him you will look the faithful lasting type. His first impressions of you will be that he will see you as feminine looking and rather serious, you make take remarks he makes in jest too seriously. He will see you as a person of integrity and someone he could live with or marry. You will both have a feeling of kinship towards you. There will be a bit of magic too in these first impressions, he will seem sympathetic to you, and inspirational.