• 締切済み

2007年のセンター試験英語の文章について

センター試験2007年・追試の大問第6・段落6の冒頭文です。 You would be amazed to find out about some of the excellent methods being used to learn about sleep. この「being used」なのですが、「the excellent methods」は 睡眠を学ぶために使われるわけですから、「been used」ではだめですか? この「being used」ってどういう文法用法で成り立っているのですか?

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

みんなの回答

• krrsa
  • ベストアンサー率40% (4/10)
回答No.1

「使われている」 受身の進行形だと思います。

buturikko1
質問者

お礼

ご回答有難うございます。 重ねて質問させてください。受身の進行形という事は、このbeingは現在分詞になるのですか?現在分詞で、 「I would be amazed to ・・・ the excellent methods.」 と、 「It is being used to learn about sleep.」 を繋げている、という事ですか?

関連するQ&A

• 京都大学英語の英文和訳について

I find it extremly helpful to get a complete perspective, to learn what earlier scientists thought about it 河合の解答では初めのto以下と コンマの後のto以下は同格という解説でしたが、私は初めのto以下が目的で コンマのあとのto以下がfind it のit の内容をだと思ったのですが、間違っている理由を教えてください。

• この文章、よくわかりません(泣)

The Daily Yomiuri の映画紹介の記事です。 「127時間」という映画を紹介する記事中、 The movie is filled with strong visual images and sounds, and some may find it difficult to fully enjoy the movie without being distracted by such novel effects. という文章があるのですが、"some may ..." 以下がよくわかりません(泣) 教えてください。

• 文法を教えて下さい

1.Instead of the economic surplus being used to generate spare time for the workers~ (訳)→「経済余剰は、労働者の余暇を生み出すことではなく~」 の、being used to の解釈がわかりません。beingってなんですか??何故ここはbeingなのですか。用法は何なのでしょう。 あと、文全体の構造も教えて下さい。>< 2.Originally it meant trimming attached to manufactured goods to make them look different without really changing them. (訳)→本来、実際には変えることなく、見かけだけを変えて、製品に取り付けられる装飾品である。 ですが、なぜこのような訳になるのか、解読の手順がさっぱりわかりません。どなたかご解説お願いいたします。

• 英語の質問です!

(1)次の英文とほぼ同じ意味になるように空所に適語を入れなさい。 People somethings say they are computer-controlled, ( ) is sometimes ( ) that they are computer-controlled (2)次の語と同じになるように空所に適語を入れなさい。 =very (        ) 次の文を日本語に直しなさい。 The program has to be written by a human being,though some computers can now learn from what they have done  次の文のasと同じ用法のasを含む文を一つ選びなさい。 The program has to be written by a human being,though some computers can now learn from what they have done and modify their program (as )they gain experience.  (1)I asked her if she had done as I told her. (2)The fans got more excited as the game went on. (3)He is well known as a story teller. (4)As I have no money with me now, I cannot buy the book. お願いします!

• 英語の問題について

次の英語の問題が分からないので教えてください。 Meers Industrial Group informed you some time ago about a potential outsourcing policy. This has caused some anxiety among personnel about changes ??? quarter. (A)some(B)next(C)that(D)last I want to confirm that we will indeed launch that policy within a matter of days,to ensure that we move toward being ??? within our industry. (A)competition(B)competes(C)more competitive(D)most competitors

• 至急;ナショナルトラストに関する文章の和訳お願いします!

The Trust tries to give the feeling that a property is still being lived in and that it is not simply a museum. In the summer lots of volunteers help to maintain the land the Trust owns; these include a lot of young people who also learn about nature by helping the National Trust.

• this is to present the

this is to present the results of a study conducted to learn more about and better attend to the needs of the passengers at the airportこれはどういう訳になりますか? 特に冒頭のthis is to present がよくわかりませんでした。

• この文章を和訳してください!

海外の人とメールをしていて このような長文が送られてきました 簡単な会話ならなんとか自力で和訳できていたのですが、少し長くて理解できません わかる方、和訳していただけませんか? お願いします I hope to learn more about being a father by learning this. I only have until I have my own wife and children to pass on what I have learned about worldwide culture and safety. It seem your parents very much similar mind to me, because they spend time with you. Mine never did this with me, so nothing to teach unless I teach myself about being a parent because children imitate their parents in knowledge and mannerisms. Lol, not anyone's father literally but that's why I hope that your parents comfortable with foreign person my age, texting. Are they? I cannot continue if not. But you seem really nice :-) When sitting with your family is it called Hanami party?

• 英語ができる方、問題をお願いします。

英文中の空所にはいる適切な語または語句を選択肢から選びなさい。 また、その英文を訳しなさい。 1. My mother complains of ( ) too lazy.  (1)my doing (2)my being (3)I doing (4)I being 2. He bitterly regretted ( ) into music.  (1)to having not gone (2)having gone not (3)to not having gone (4)not having gone 3. ( ) to the party hurt my feelings.  (1)Not to having invited (2)Having not invited (3)Not having been invited (4)Not inviting 4. There is no ( ) too much.  (1)point in worrying (2)point to worry (3)use about worrying (4)use to worry 5. I'm looking forward to ( ) you again in Tokyo.  (1)see (2)seeing (3)be seeing (4)have seen 6. Our teacher ( ) being criticized by his students.  (1)used (2)used to (3)is used (4)is used to 7. We object to a lot of cars ( ) around the college grounds.  (1)being parked (2)park (3)to be parked (4)to park 8. When it ( ), no one can equal Michael.  (1)comes to ski (2)comes to skiing (3)becomes to ski (4)becomes to skiing 9. What do you say ( ) abroad next year?  (1)traveling (2)to travel (3)to traveling (4)having taken 10. The committee had a lot of trouble ( ) a good investment advisor.  (1)selecting (2)selected (3)select (4)selection 11. She spends all her free time ( ) detective stories.  (1)to write (2)writing (3)written (4)being written 次の英文の下線部には誤っている箇所がある。その番号を選び、正しい形に直しなさい。 またその英文を訳しなさい。 12. After a long 【(1)stressful】 day, 【(2)relax】 in a 【(3)nice】 hot bath will calm you 【(4)down】. 13. There years 【(1)have passed】 since our family 【(2)moved】 to New Zealand, so we 【(3)are】 accustomed to 【(4)live】 in a foreign country. 14. John 【(1)should】 have written the letter 【(2)sooner】, but he was very busy 【(3)for】 meeting other 【(4)deadlines】. 次の日本文の意味になるように、( )内の語または語句を並べかえて適切な英文を作りなさい。 15. 自立することの大切さに気づいていない大学生がいる。  Some university ( being / don't / importance / of / realize / students / the ) independent. 16. 父は、僕たちが遅くまで起きてテレビを観ていると、必ず文句を言います。  My father always ( late / about / complains / up / staying / our ) and watching TV. 17. 彼を説得しようとしても無駄だ。  It ( him / persuade / trying / no / is / use / to ). 18. 明日は何が起こるかわからない。   There is ( happen / may / no / telling / what ) tomorrow. 以上です。 問題数が多くてご迷惑をおかけしますが、どうかよろしくお願いします。 間違いなどがあったら、お知らせください。

• (手紙の一部の)英語を教えてください。

友人(女性)から、その夫の借金について書いてある手紙を受領しました(数日前にもその前の手紙の内容について質問しましたが)、今回はその続きとなりますが、再度あまり意味がよくわかりません。今回は下記の英語についてお尋ねです。最初の段落は前半はわかりますが、それ以降、最後まで明確にはつかめません。先回の手紙では、再抵当をして、、、などと書いてあり、夫とその借金に激怒しているようでしたが、今回はこの最後の段落は、自分の退職金で返すという意味かなと捕らえているのですが、借金をあきらめて受け入れたのか、そうでいいですか?教えてください。 I was not sure if I had told you about the debt he has got us in. Well it is a large amount that has just kept building up because of him being out of work and not being able to pay it. I did not know about it for ages then he had to tell me. I had a terrible time keeping them at bay for a while and offering only small amounts to keep them quiet. So the only thing was to used some of the equity I had on the house and remortgage the house to clear them up. If not we would of lost the house eventually I reckon. Debt can be very stressful. It looks like it is going through and I will then be able to pay them off. I will be able to pay the monthly payments. Only thing I will now have to work into my retirement to pay it off and not as before paid up by then.