• ベストアンサー

訳を教えてください。

以下の訳を教えてください。 特に1はneeding sleep and toss and turnのところです。「眠りたいけど寝付けない」でしょうか? 1When you worry about needing sleep and toss and turn trying to find comfortable position. 2Are you preoccupied with sleep?

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.4

今までの回答でだいたい正しいのですが、(1) の疑問に感じてらっしゃる点は、質問者の方の感じているニュアンスが正しいです。 tryingが入っているということは、試みただけに終わった=寝返りを打ってもうまくいかなかったということですので、何度寝返りを打ってもベストポジションを得ることに成功しない、という繰り返しのニュアンスがあります。 worry about needing sleep と合わせると、「寝なければいけないと気になって、落ち着く姿勢を求めて寝返りを繰り返す」という意味になります。

その他の回答 (3)

• tjhiroko
  • ベストアンサー率52% (2281/4352)
回答No.3

1は最後がピリオドになってますが、本来はカンマで終わる条件節(といいましたっけ?)でしょう。 で、ここではworry とtoss and turn が同格と考えればいいように思われます。 つまり、「眠る必要があると心配し、心地よい姿勢を見つけようと寝返りを打つとき」という意味ではないでしょうか。 で、2の文が「あなたは睡眠のことで頭がいっぱいではありませんか?」という意味になって、1の続きとなると思いますが。

golioshikun
質問者

お礼

大変詳しく教えていただき有難う御座います。 よく理解できました!

回答No.2

2の方はおそらく「睡眠のことが気になっていますか」くらいだと思います。 たとえば不眠症に悩んでいる人は, I've been preoccupied with sleep for years. などと言ったりします。 「気になっている」「悩んでいる」「あれこれ考える」 「のことばかり考えている」 などの中で,文脈に合うものを選んでみてはいかがでしょう。

• enna2005
  • ベストアンサー率40% (333/819)
回答No.1

toss and turn は寝返りを打つ、と言う意味です。睡眠を必要としていて、寝返りを打って寝心地の良いポジションを得ようと(努力)する。です。 2つ目は あなたは眠ることに一生懸命になっていますか?

関連するQ&A

• 訳の説明をお願いします。

2013年センターリスニング問題からです。 wherever you find them, these long-haired rabbits live five to seven years when kept indoors and cared for properly. 解説では「どこにいるとしても、室内で飼い、きちんと世話をすれば、この毛の長いウサギは、5年から7年生きる。」となっていました。説明してもらいたい点は、wherever you find themが「どこにいるとしても」と説明しているところ、また、when kept ~ は分詞構文だと思うのですが、whenの訳し方で「すれば」となっていますが、if のような条件を表せたのでしょうか。findは「見つける」であり、wherever they areとすればいいと思うのですが。解説をお願いします。

• 訳お願いします!

夢についての話だと思います。 訳お願いしますm(._.)m お願いします! Flying If you dream about flying and looking down on the people below, you may have an inferiority complex. Your dream may express your desire to be looked up to by others. Or, if you find yourself flying so high that you can't see anything below and feel no fear of falling, it may mean that you want to escape from your burdens. Climbing You may think that a dream about climbing mountains means you are trying to overcome difficulties. Whether or not this is true may depend on what kind of mountain you are climbing. If you are climbing a mountain with heavy snow and cold winds in winter, it may mean that you are in a bad situation. However, if you are climbing a mountain in warm weather in spring, it may mean that your life is going well. Being Chased If you dream about a person following you, it may mean that you have thoughts you wish to escape from. For example, you may be thinking you did something wrong. Or, if you are being chased by wild animals, it may mean you have strong characteristics in yourself that you want to escape from.

• 日本語訳で困っています。

うまく日本語訳ができません。だれか教えてください。お願いします。 (1)As a means of readjusting and staying in touch with the international scene, you may want to consider contacting students who have been abroad, who are currently abroad, or who are thinking about going abroad. (2)There are many ways of maintaining contact with friends you made overseas. (3)Discussing things and sharing experiences with others is almost always worthwhile. (4)The key is to build on the cross-cultural coping skills you now possess and to find conscious ways of introducing your new self into your personal and academic life, not seeing it as a dream or something unrelated to your future. 問題は以上です。文が長いので訳が難しいです。よろしくお願いします。

• etc.とピリアドついていても、つなげて読むんですか?

Even if you are happy or fun, you must care about Tom or Mike, etc. when they are sorrowful, and not care about Anne or Kate etc. when they are deeply despairing. これは、 Even if you are happy or fun, you must care about Tom or Mike, etc. when they are sorrowful, と and not care about Anne or Kate etc. when they are deeply despairing. と、意味的に見えますが、etc.の後にピリオドがあるのでなんか気持ち悪いです。 etc.の後のピリオドはコンマみたく考えるんですか?

• 訳をお願いいたします。

よろしくお願いいたします。 彼はインド人なので文法や言い回しは少し違うかもしれません。 大体言いたい事はわかるのですが、相手がどう感じているのかを知りたいので正確な訳をお願い致します。 Good Afternoon ! I can understands the problem now.which is very genuine and it is very correct that you do not feel comfortable to work with him. i guess if you feel to change the guide you may do so. but you will have to teach the new guide everything again. which is time consuming for you. but since Mr. Arora knows your work he would have been more easy. This is something that you will have to decide as if you're not comfortable then it is very difficult. Kalimpong is a small town and it takes about 3 hours to reach by car and there are many hotels there to stay, it is a small nice town.

• 日本語訳で困っています。

うまく日本語訳ができません。だれか教えてください。お願いします。 (1)When you return to your home country after a long period abroad it is rather normal to need time to re-adjust to the country you call home. (2)Education is all about going to another country and living there for long periods of time. (3)It takes about the same amount of time to adjust to your own country as a foreign country when you have been abroad for a long time. (4)It might be a good idea to search out people who are about to spend time abroad if you want to maintain your contact with the international scene. (5)Spending time abroad is a skill, as you learn about different cultures and also how to interact with different people, and you should use this skill wisely. 問題は以上です。よろしくお願いします。

• worry about 意味の違いはありますか?

What do you worry about? What are you worried about? 意味の違いを教えてください。

• 訳を教えてください

My 3-year-old daughter’s best friend at day care is a boy. They have been together since they were little babies and are inseparable. His family and some of the nursery staff have encouraged the idea that they are boyfriend and girlfriend—when we went to his birthday party, even his extended family said, “Oh you’re Sally’s mom, his little girlfriend!” I know this is fairly common in the way people talk about children, but it’s something I think is creepy and weird. I’ve let it slide because my daughter refers to George as her “best friend,” not her boyfriend, so I don’t worry it’s rubbing off. I don’t worry it’s rubbing offの訳を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 添削お願いいたします。

すいません、前回の投稿の続きですがYoutubeについての英文を書きました。 もしよろしければ、添削して頂けないでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。 I will write about the system of youtube. Youtube is video distribution website and on this website there are many various uploaded videos from the videos about politics to the video about daily life event. When you use the search engine in the top of center and you search the keyword that you are interested in with the search engine, you can find many videos that is related the keywords you searched. And when you click the movie you are interested in and open the page with a click, the site show you the video and also the video that is related to the video you searched next to it. ユーチューブとは、動画配信サイトとのことで、そのサイト上には、政治に関するビデオから、何気ない日常を録画したビデオまで、様々なビデオがアップロードされています。YouTubeの上部中央にある、検索エンジンを使って、あなたが気になっているキーワードで検索すれば、そのキーワードの関連した多くのビデオを見ることができます。そして、あなたが気になる動画をクリックして、新しいページを開けば、その動画の横には、その動画に関連付けられている動画が表示されます。

• 英語の訳をおねがいします!

All cultures have set phrases for greeting. No doubt, you have been taught to say, `How are you?` when you greet an English speaker, and to reply with,`Fine, thanks` when someone greets you, but the set phrases differ across cultuers. Although it is common in Chinese to greets people with,`How are you?` it is more common to say, `Have you eaten?` or `Where are you going?` The `Where are you going?` greeting can irritate some people, even though the greeter is just being polite in recognizing your presence by offering a greeting. For example, when I was a student at a university in Shanghai, I had to go to the shower block in order to take a shower. This was a special building, a bath house, where all the showers were. It was pretty easy to tell if someone was going to the shower block. They would be wearing special shower slippers, carrying a large plastic bowl with a bar of soap in it, and have a towel draped around their necks. So when I walked to the shower block and people used to greet me with, `Where are you going?` I often felt like (reply) `Where do you think Iam going to with my slippers, bowl, soap and towel? Make a guess.`