• 締切済み

(手紙の一部の)英語を教えてください。

友人(女性)から、その夫の借金について書いてある手紙を受領しました(数日前にもその前の手紙の内容について質問しましたが)、今回はその続きとなりますが、再度あまり意味がよくわかりません。今回は下記の英語についてお尋ねです。最初の段落は前半はわかりますが、それ以降、最後まで明確にはつかめません。先回の手紙では、再抵当をして、、、などと書いてあり、夫とその借金に激怒しているようでしたが、今回はこの最後の段落は、自分の退職金で返すという意味かなと捕らえているのですが、借金をあきらめて受け入れたのか、そうでいいですか?教えてください。 I was not sure if I had told you about the debt he has got us in. Well it is a large amount that has just kept building up because of him being out of work and not being able to pay it. I did not know about it for ages then he had to tell me. I had a terrible time keeping them at bay for a while and offering only small amounts to keep them quiet. So the only thing was to used some of the equity I had on the house and remortgage the house to clear them up. If not we would of lost the house eventually I reckon. Debt can be very stressful. It looks like it is going through and I will then be able to pay them off. I will be able to pay the monthly payments. Only thing I will now have to work into my retirement to pay it off and not as before paid up by then.

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数4

みんなの回答

• zak33697
  • ベストアンサー率27% (275/1016)
回答No.1

>最後の段落は、自分の退職金で返すという意味かな そうです。 >借金をあきらめて受け入れたのか、そうでいいですか? ここは以降を参照してください。 直訳、各熟語の意味、解説は省略させていただきます。あしからず。 要点(負債を借金と読み替えるともっと現実的かも) 1.しばらく返済の窮地の連続だった。でも問題化しないようわずかでも返済した。 2。家の資産を部分的にでも利用し、再度抵当に入れることでローンを借りた。そうすればそれまでの負債を無くせる。でなければ家を失う上、さらに借金がのしかかる。 3.ローンは完済できる見込みがありそうだし、毎月定期的に返済できると思う。 4.あとやらなければならないことは、仕事を続けて退職金で完済すること。 結局以前とかわらないけど、それまでは一括返済なんてできないもの。

jankone
質問者

お礼

こんなに大変な借金なんですね(和訳そっちのけで、なんか心が重い)。処で和訳を有難う御座います。 丁寧に書いてくださりほぼわかりますが、2.3箇所例えば I had a terrible time keeping them at bay for a while の keep at bay は近づけないでおく ことであることはわかりますが、何を(them ですが)近づけないのでしょうか? それに offering only small amounts to keep them quiet keep them quiet 何を静かにさせるのでしょう? すみません、なかなか理解できなくて。 又、よろしくお願いします。 

関連するQ&A

• (手紙の)英語の意味を教えてください。

友人の手紙の一部がわかりませんので、教えていただけたら助かります。 友人(女性)の夫は、昨年6月頃からリストラ後、就職をしようとしません(2,3は職に就けたものの、2,3日で行かなくなったり、後はごろごろ。友人(彼女は仕事をしている)が夫の職探しをして履歴書を何回も書いて(それに対して夫は罵声や悪口三昧で、昼はベットから動かない、、、らしいとのこと)。という状況で下記のメールです。 I went to see my finance advisor and I have sent off forms and see what happens. If I can get it, it will take his name off the mortgage and the house will be under my name only. Then I will change my will so (ここに息子の名前) as it in his name if I die. I will do anything to make sure his family do not get their hands on it. I had to do this if possible because the interest charges on his debt will make it a right mess. It would of been great if he had got a job as soon as he walked out of his job but being out since last June it is out of control. I still cannot believe he did it. I do not know what to do if this does not work. You know he has not even thanked me for even trying. When the forms came to fill in, it was like a book. You know what I mean. I looked in despair and started to plough through it while he shouted don't f......g (swearing) do it if you don't want too. I don't give a shit, I am past caring he said. I thought you ungrateful sod. So if we lose the house he would then shit himself. He does not deserve me. See what happens. 前半部分は多少はわかりますので特に知りたいのはI do not know what to do if this does not work.からです。その部分に関しては多少語句や文法の説明も含めて教えていただけたら助かります。記入すべきthe formsがきたら、とか、  he shouted don't f......g の部分とか、I am past caring....とか何箇所もわかりません。なにとぞよろしくお願いします。

• どなたか英語の意味を教えていただけませんか。

Hello, look the transport agency came to my house, but they told to me that i have to pay 39€ of transport, i haven´t take it, i have paid for transport. Tell me the reason and why you didn´t tell me anything about this, then i did not bye it. The item is in the post office. If you pay to me the transport cost, i will take it, otherwise i won´t, so you will refund my money. Tell me something asap please. i am vey dissapointed.

• 次の英語を日本語にしてもらえませんか?

I have not received my item. The USPS attempted a delivery while I was not home, and I asked for a redelivery on the next day, and instead, they shipped it back to you. I have not been able to talk to them on the phone (call forwarding) and It is the New Years weekend. I did want the camera body, but now I am so upset that I no longer want to mess with the incompetence of the U. S. Postal Service. Since I have already paid for the shipping to me, would you please deduct from the price of the camera, the shipping charge for sending it back to you, and refund the balance of the price of the camera back to my pay pal account. That way you are out nothing on the transaction. It's not your fault, and I will lose money and get nothing, but I want nothing more to do with it.

• 英文のお手紙日本語に直してください

こんにちは、いつもお世話はになってます。少し長文ですが、 通訳してください。   Wow! 5 Kids. I dont have kids, and i'm not married yet. Well, I only left school a few weeks ago. I am going on holiday next week So i will take lots of photos and perhaps i can show them to you? I am staying in the UK for my Holiday so you will be able to see a bit of what it is like around here, :) It is summer here too and very Hot. I thought it would be winter in japan right now, seeing as it is on the other side of the world. Guess i was wrong :) I went to australia a couple of years ago and was told that it a very popular place for japanese tourists to go. Have you ever been there? I ended up being photographed with a large Japanese family while I was there because i had a very pretty bird sat on my hand.

• 英語の翻訳お願いします。

I will print off the photographs that you sent and send them to the Customs House. What does the receipt say that it written in Japanese related to the price paid of $70? I wanted to find out before it I mail it to the Customs House because the handbag would not be a “gift” if the receipt says that $70 was paid to you. I also wanted to be sure that the receipt does not include EBay. Many thanks for your help with translation.

• 英語がご堪能な方、翻訳をお願い致します。

ebayの取引で困っています。 英語のご堪能な方、翻訳をお願い致します。 話の流れとしましては、私が送料の52ドルを払った後に実際は66ドルかかった。 だから差額を払ってほしいと言われ、では差額を払うからインボイスを送ってくださいと言った後に送られてきたのが以下のないようです。 以下の英文を翻訳願います。 no worries!!! it is only $10.00, and i thank you for agreeing to pay it but im sure i will be selling you something else in the future and we can just take care of it then , so dont worry about it !!thanks for offering to pay !! どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。

• 英語の翻訳をお願いします。m(_ _)m

You misunderstand my question. I wish you to advise me of the additional costs that you will charge me for shipping the item to me in the UK. Knowing the cost of the item plus shipping, I will then be able to calculate the additional taxes I will be required to pay to HMRC on its arrival in the UK. Please supply me with the shipping costs that I will pay to you when I place an order for the item.

• 次の英語を日本語にお願いします

次の英語を日本語にお願いします What, Work hard.Do your best, and will it not be it is what me?It always looks for the answer of the question of which the answer doesn't go out. Only such a way of life might be able to be done why. I weak am hated.

• 英語が堪能な方へ、どうぞお願いします。

英文をサイト翻訳で作りましたが、言い回しがおかしくないか見ていただけないでしょうか。 We will send the goods from Japan. It takes 4 weeks to 2-delivery, please understand. The goods of us, and then pack it very important with waterproof, so please do not worry. Goods, placed in a bag of opp, and I keep it carefully wrapped in bubble wrap. If there is a point of something noticed by the customer, please feel free to question us. If the goods If it were not in the description as, we will be happy to refund as soon as possible.We are happy of the most able to see your smile. The policy of our peace of mind, sincere, polite, we will do our best to our customers. どうぞよろしくお願いします。

• 和訳 イタリア語 英語

はじめまして、19751106です。 下記文章がどうしても訳せないのですが、どなたか意味を教えて頂けないでしょうか? 宜しくお願い致します。 ↓ If it will not be to house during the delivery it will come stored all' post office them to she more neighbor.