• ベストアンサー

英語について質問

but i've learned that memories can have a physical. ここでのphysicalは何を意味しているのでしょうか?? and hers were nothing out of the ordinary. なぜwereなのでしょうか? よろしくお願いします。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

何か physical のあとに単語(名詞になるもの)が一つ落ちているのではないでしょうか。physical にも、確かに「身体検査」という名詞がありますが、ここでは違うような気がします。  「しかし、記憶には身体的な(面が)あることに私は気づいており、彼女の場合も別に珍しいことではない」 と side とか phase とかいう言葉を補えば自然な文だと思います。「身体的」というより「物理的」というか、普通記憶は「心理的な]ものと理解されていますから、それに対照的なものと言う意味での physical だと思います。  were は、この著者が彼女を診察、あるいは検査して、彼女の記憶に物理的、ないし身体的な面があるのを見た時、それは過去の時ですから、過去になっているのだと思います。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 訳してください。

there are memories for boyh of us,of course, but i've learned that memories can have a physical,almost living presence,and this,Savannah and i are different as well. よろしくお願いします。

• 英語の訳について

Over the last few years, we've heard a lot about something called family values. And like many of you, I've struggled to figure out what that means. But since my accident, I've found a definition that seems to make sense. I think it means that we've all family, that we all have to have value. And if that's true, if America really is a family, then we have to recognize that many members of our family are hurting.の文章なのですが自分で訳してみたもののあっているのかがわかりません。英語が得意な人教えてください。 過去2、3年にわたって、我々はたいへん、家族主義的価値観と呼ばれている何かについて聞かされました。そして、あなたの多くの様に、私はそれが何を意味するかわかるのに苦労しました。しかし、私の事故以来、私は意味をなすようである定義を見つけました。私は、それが我々には全ての家族がある、みんなが価値を持たなければならないことを意味すると思います。そして、それが真実ならば、アメリカが本当に家族であるならば、我々は我々の家族の多くのメンバーがつらくなっていると認めなければなりません。

• 意味を教えてください

The basic point is that you've got to be before you can do, and do before you can have. You've got to be the right kind of person and do the right thing in order to have balanced success in all areas of life. Once we've reestablished the fact that good foundational qualities are the successful beginning of all car. この文のThe basic point is that you've got to be before you can do, and do before you can have. はどんな意味になるのでしょうか?教えてください、よろしくお願いします。

• 英語おしえてください(>_<)

(1)~(3)まで教えてください。 Another idea of psychoanalysis is that all neuroses come from the unconscious part of the mind. This idea led to the belief that, it ((1)) thoughts a re made ((2)), usually the neuroses will disappear. If neuroses were to be treated by bringing thoughts out from the unconscious, then a way had to be found to reach into the ((3)). Freud found one approach to reaching the unconscious that became an important part of psychoanalysis ー an approach he called free association. Patients were asked to let their thoughts wander and say whatever came into their minds. He wanted to hear all memories, dreams, and wishes of his patients. As they spoke, he found they remembered painful memories from the unconscious ー memories that had long kept hidden.

• 和訳をお願いします!

Parents were so enthusiastic about the new school and its progressive philosophy that their children quickly learned that their family and school were of one mind not only about the importance of learning, but about what children had to do to learn.

• 文の構造と意味の解釈で質問があります

この英文になります。 You seem to place great importance on space as part of the recording ... Because the microphones were running as I moved around the room recording, I ended up picking up a lot of room tone, feedback and incidental sounds. It wasn’t so much about the physical space and sound of the room but rather the fact that I was physical in and interacting in a space and those interactions and accidental bumps and knocks became part of the music. It wasn’t so much about the physical space and sound of the room but rather the fact that I was physical in and interacting in a space and those interactions and accidental bumps and knocks became part of the music. この部分がいまいちわからないのですが、 physical spaceやsound of the roomについて、というわけではないよ。むしろ、私は、physical in and interacting in a space and those interactions and accidental bumps and knocks であって、それが音楽の一部になったというわけさ。 こういった構造でしょうか?

• 英語の訳を教えてください。

訳を教えてください! "As no human tongue can speak and no human ear can hear" The three rabbinic passages quoted in this chapter call to our attention the f act tha t the revelation of the "Words" did not happen by means of ordinary words that were spoken or could be heard. This fact is emphasized in the verse that follows the "proclamation" of the Ten Words (Exod 20:18) where the Hebrew reads, "And all the people saw the voices". All of this implies that any attempt to explain the depth of that revelation in human language is bound to fail.

• 物理での英語がよく分からないので質問させてください。

物理での英語がよく分からないので質問させてください。 Protein dissociation from and binding to DNA were carried out by applying a constant force and monitoring the DNA extension. Binding of single protein to DNA decreases the DNA end-to-end contour length by 3 nm. At equilibrium, the protein is bound to DNA. After the system was allowed to reach equilibrium, constant force was applied to DNA (two ends were pulled) and the DNA extension were measured. You can assume that the DNA is extended to its contour length and that for the sake of simplicity, under selected conditions you can ignore the DNA elasticity. 文章中の"DNA is extended to its contour length"というのがどういう意味なのかよく分かりません。これは「DNAが伸び得る最大まで伸びる」という解釈でいいのでしょうか?つまりDNAの両端を引っ張ると3nm伸びるという事で合ってるのでしょうか?

• 英語の質問です!

Have you ever seen the fossils of dinosaurs in a museum?Some are gigantic and horrible and some are small and pretty.If dinosaurs ( (1)) today, the world would get into a total panic.Of course we know that they disappeard from the Earth about 65 million years ago.But wouldn`t you be surprised to hear that their descendants still exist today?Dinosaurs are reptiles that existed in ancient times.Today,reptiles can be found all over the world.For example,lizards,snakes,alligators and turtles are all reptiles.So, are these animals the direct descendants of dinosaurs?Some scientists say it`s actually birds that are the descendants of dinosaurs.This may seem unbelievable, because birds have feathers,wings and most of them can fly.These characteristics seem completely different from those of dinosaurs. But if you have seen the fossil of an ancient bird called the archaeopteryx , you may have noticed some similarities in form between the archaeopteryx and some dinosaurs.Recently,dinosaur fossils which share many properties with birds have been found(another/after/one). Some of them are said to have had feathers on thier body, In view of this evidence, more and more scientists have come to think that birds have evolved from dinosaurs of some kind. If dinosaurs hadn`t existed, there wouldn`t be any birds today. It`s a real surprise that two animals that look so different are so closely related to each other. 1空所(1)に入れる語として適切なものを選べ。 アexisted イhave existed ウexist エwill exist 2These characteristics とは何か。日本語で3つ書きなさい。 3(another/after/one).の語を正しく並べ換えなさい。 4If dinosaurs hadn`t existed, there wouldn`t be any birds today. を和訳しなさい。 5When did dinosaurs disappear from the Earth? 6次のa~eについて本文に合うものには○、合わないものには×を書きなさい。 a.All of the dinosaurs were gigantic. b.Reptiles didn‘t disappear from the Earth. c.There are no dinosaur fossils which share properties with birds. d.Some dinosaurs probably had feathers on their body. e.Some scientists think dinosaurs are the direct descendants of birds.

• 英語おしえてください

英語教えてください。 あっていますか? あなたたちがどうなろうと自分には関係がない I don't care whatever happens to you ただ君が彼から聞いた話はまちがっている But Yo've got it wrong あとは君たちの問題だろ? After that probably you guys problem? 私からいうことはもうない I have nothing more to say