• ベストアンサー

友だちからメールをもらって意味がわからなく、どう調べたらいいの?

あの、you tubeの動画で見て、すばらしくメッセージを送ったことがあります。わたしが書いたのがこちらなのですが。 I have been watching your channel, especially,(作品名) is incredible !! Dance and music best suited. You have great talented possibility ! I have read your page, but I could't find your self-introduction. Why don't you write about yourself on your channel ? If you don't mind, could you tell me ? May I ask if you like (作品名)? Surprisingly ,many foreign countries have known the exsitence of (作品名). Well, your face's picture is very cute. If it could be possible and when you get some chance to write to me, could you contact with me? I'm really sorry to say like this and I asked too much ! Have a pleasant day ! そしてこのように返事がもらったのですが、わからないところがあるのですが。 Hai there and thanks for messaging me =3 My name is Alana, I just finished high school and am going into school to become a fitness instructor and personal trainer. I was once at a point in time not to far ago, that i thought video editing was the way i wanted to spend my life. Ive changed my mind and now do not spend much time on my youtube account. So im sorry if it took me a while to respond. I hope you have a pleasant day aswell えっと、わたしも英辞郎で調べたのですが、1)not to far ago がわかりませんでした。at a pointはわかります。2)I was,,,,と続いて、なぜthatが続くのですか? 「一時てきに(you tubeにいて)長くいるつもりはなかったの」ような意味だとは思うのですが、詳しくわからなくて。 ご回答いただける方よろしくお願いします。

• sa-too
  • お礼率97% (711/731)
  • 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数7

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • lis385t
  • ベストアンサー率51% (219/429)
回答No.3

#1です。 not too far agoは「つい最近」という意味なのですか?英辞郎で調べてみたのですが、検索にひっかかりませんでした。not too far agoは慣用句なのでしょうか? www.alc.co.jpの英辞郎で確認したところ、not too farでヒットしますね。not too farやnot too longなどは米語の口語表現でで良く使います。 ご質問の内容では、時間のスパンがあって、not too far agoで、「過去の遥か昔にさかのぼるところまで行かず」ある時点までは、ビデオ編集が私の仕事になると思っていた、との事ですので、at a point in time not too far agoを「つい最近まで」と訳しました。 以上、クリアな回答になっていますでしょうか?

sa-too
質問者

お礼

lis385i様、ふたたび回答ありがとうございます。米語の口語表現でよく使われるのは知りませんでした。ごめんなさい、勉強不足です。 はい、とても参考にさせていただきました。ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (3)

• ocanada
  • ベストアンサー率30% (33/107)
回答No.4

1)については皆さんが書いてるとおりですが、2)はIがItの脱字ではなくthatがwhenの間違いでしょう。この場合、Itだと変です。 正しく書くと I was once at a point in time, not too far ago, when I thought video editing...... こんな感じですかね。 参考に、こういう風に書くこともできます。 There was a time, not too far ago, when I thought video editing...

sa-too
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。thatではなくwhenだったのですか?別の書き方も示してくださり、ありがとうございました。

noname#102281
noname#102281
回答No.2

こんにちは。 Hi ! メールをくれてどうもありがとう。 私はアラナ。高校を卒業してフィットネスインストラクターとパーソナル・トレーナーになるために学校に通っています。 かつて私は、ビデオの編集が、私が人生を過ごしたかった方法であると考えました。 今は気が変わって、現在、私のyoutubeアカウントで多くの時間を費やしたりしません。 だからあなたがビデオを待っていてくれたなら、返事が遅れてごめんなさい。 楽しい一日を! 1)not to far ago そんなに遠くない日々=もうとっくに far agoをさらに否定するとこうなります。 2)I was,,,,と続いて、なぜthatが続くのですか? これはItのスペルミスなのではと私は思います。 なんか残念なメールみたいで・・・。

sa-too
質問者

お礼

時間を割いていただきありがとうございます。日本語訳までしていただき、申し訳ありません。少しは日本語訳はできますが、そのことを質問のときにしっかりと書くべきでした。お手数を煩わせて、ごめんなさい!ありがとうございます。it のスペルミスですか?考えてみたいと思います。

• lis385t
  • ベストアンサー率51% (219/429)
回答No.1

not too far ago......つい最近 I was once ..... It was once at a point 急いでタイプして一文字二文字抜けたみたいですね。

sa-too
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます!あの、not too far agoは「つい最近」という意味なのですか?英辞郎で調べてみたのですが、検索にひっかかりませんでした。not too far agoは慣用句なのでしょうか? もし不快でありませんでしたら、よろしくお願いします。

関連するQ&A

• メールの英文の訳をお願いします

アドレスが間違えているのか、迷惑メールなのか分かりませんが気になりましたので訳をお願いいたします。 ちなみにこの英文のあとにURL的なものがついていました。 hello hi and love .i am fine.quite jest like you the trvavel was not so good.bikose you was not with me .and no girlfriend?i was jest my salf .and my life is now so sad .now hear in varanasi is to hot ....an ran. i have no time for to go .........ganga. i am to busy at my huose.its good nwes for you. you have your room at my home .wan you come to india ....you no nide hoteel ,,after 2 dey i am free to go ganga and work. and its ....take 2 manth to make room ...........how is your life go.........do you have your internet..write me soon. if you can. i mas go to home. i love you. i miss you. you are one nice girlfriend?of me missing you hear a lot.i hope i wish same form you your lone

• 簡単におおよその意味を教えてください。

In the other hand I'm sad about your decision to block me for your auctions,because as I sayed I'm an old and happy customer of yours. As you can see I'm a seller too and I want to be honest with all of my actions at ebay or in my everyday life. I could not lie to you to get back the 40$ if the razor was ok. I'm not that kind of cheep person,I have values in my life. The words you sayed to me seems more than an action of blackmail or revenge than words of a professional atitude seller.

• 下記の英文の意味を教えて下さい。お願いします。

I will try. If not Olga will meet you And send me your email so I can have a checkin instructions sent to you just in case

• 長文メールを和訳してください(>人<;)

知り合って間もない友人から長文メールが来ましたが英語が苦手でよく分かりません。訳してもらえませんか? 普段は日本語もしくは簡単な英語のやり取りです。 他力本願で申し訳ありませんが宜しくお願いします。 I have 2 daughters, they're grown up 14 years old and 16 years old, I raised them up alone with the help of  my mother :) ....They are big girls now, they don't give me too much trouble, they always want me to be  happy :) I love them a lot, they want me to meet a good woman who can make me happier :) If we communicate more, I will send you their photos. Their mother died  in September 2002, I have missed her a lot, she was a great woman, we knew each other  from High School. I have really missed some moments of being in a serious relationship, not having someone to lean on,  someone to talk to about anything/everything, someone to really trust, someone to count on, someone to  share true love and affection with. My kids have been my back-bone, but I cannot tell them everything, you  know? ...but I can talk to my wife/partner about everything. I want a relationship where I can share everything with my partner/wife, both happiness and problems  because I believe and have learn that sharing your problems with your partner, the more issues you can get  through together with your wife/husband, the closer you will get with he/she. I am a very simple, generous and happy person. I am not perfect, but If I make mistake, or hurt someone or do  something wrong, I like to say SORRY and when I say SORRY, I actually mean it from my heart. I am a very simple, generous and happy person. I am not perfect, but If I make mistake, or hurt someone or do  something wrong, I like to say SORRY and when I say SORRY, I actually mean it from my heart. Have you had a bad relationship before? Trust is important in a relationship from beginning, so if you are  biased about me or you don't trust me, It is better we stop communicating about relationship or friendship  from today, I don't like to waste my time because it is so precious to me. If you trust me and want a friendship and relationship with me, I will like to get letters and calls from you  always because if I do not get your replies or I don't receive calls from you, I will think you are talking to  someone better than me :) But If you write me letters and call me always, It will make me feel special, and I  will also feel that you like me and actually want to talk to me :) 

• このメールはどういうことでしょう?

ホットメールのアカウントを本名に近い名前で 取ったら、どうやら広告ではなさそうな メールアドレスが来ました。 翻訳サイトにかけてみると結構深刻な 内容っぽいので(別れ話・・・?) 「私はこのメールをもらう人と違いますよ」と 告げてあげた方がいいかなと思うんですが・・・ 告げないで放置がいいのでしょうか。 また、訳せる方はいませんでしょうか。 このような事は初めてで困っています。。。 以下、来たメールです Hi xxxx, I know we come from different cultures and as such we have differing viewpoints, but what part of your culture makes you think you can keep showing me a complete lack of respect? Cutting off contact with me after I left Japan was cold and heartless. Telling me you're coming to Melbourne and then not contacting me or seeing me while here was just rude. Not writing to me to explain, that is cowardly. I hope that one day you will explain to me why you have treated me like this so I can understand. Until you do, I will always consider you rude and disrespectful and your actions only make me regret the past more and more. I often regret ever going to Japan - I lost my boyhood dream and lost a beloved friend. I hope there is some decency left in you so that at least you write back and explain yourself. If not, then please do not write to me again, because I will no longer tolerate any more disrespect from you. I hope you understand my viewpoint. Regards, xxxx. (名前っぽいのは伏せました)

• 翻訳お願いします

My final project for photojournalism, I need to create a series piece documenting something, and I have chosen to photograph letters I get from my friends, and anyone else in Japan I can receive! So I was wondering if you could send me a letter to add to the series~! Of course, I will write back, but maybe not right away! You don't have to do it though~ But if you could, could you maybe ask some of your friends to send a letter to me, a random person in Canada that they don't know~ haha xD I need a lot! 大体の意味は分かるんですけど、詳細まで知りたいです。 あと、感じ悪いかどうかも知りたいです。 私が読む限り、悪い感じはしませんが、 このメールをしてきた人がなぜか「I missed you」とか言ってきていて、 目的はコレか!と思ったので。

• 日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか?

長文になりますが、おおまかで構わないので日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。 ………………………… In summer in the year before last, I received a mail from a person. I felt almost was make-up story but various thinks about you were written in it. I understood the contents and replied my promise not to relate with you. However, harassment to me started by your friends, staffs of (店名) and your friends I had never related and it has been continuing until now although it becomes not so often as before. Even some of my friends were harassed only because being with me. (店名) is your working place and a place for your friends to gather. I guess they hope me not to relate with you. Because I had been told about you sometimes, I had a complicated feeling when I received your message via facebook. I thought that I would select my human relation and it would be possible for me to be a friend with you but I can not be free from the wavering of my decision to relate with you as a friend if I visit (店名). I have to keep promise with your friends.... I do not know why your friends still stick to me. Because I have no relation with you now. I also have no relation with anyone who might have close relation with you. I do not know you have any engagement to such continuous sticking to me but I think it is a matter of mind of these people not of yours or mine. I am thankful to you for calling me your friend. However, considering my current position, I think that it would be difficult to be your friend. If you have good human relation now, I think that there would be no reason for you to keep on staying as my friend beyond it. What do you think about it? Please do not misunderstand. I do not take you into my confidence to hurt you. I want to tell you only why I have avoided you. If we have fate, we might be able to relate as ordinary friend.

• 友達のメール!!

オーストラリアの友達から送られてきたメールです。自分で訳したのですがいまいちよくわかりません。 I was just wondering if you could help me with my Japanese project? (私の日本についての課題を手伝ってくれませんか?) I need to research Japanese Tea Ceremonies, could you tell me a bit about them? (私は日本のお茶(茶道?)について調べています。それについて少し教えてください。) what do you like about them? (あなたはそれらの中で何が好きですか?) do you perform them a lot? (茶道をよく行いますか?) What is your veiw on them? (あなたの    は何ですか?) 私がおおよそ訳した友達のメールです。。しかし最後の文意味がいまいちわかりません。。最後の文はなんて訳すのでしょうか?またここでは日本のお茶=茶道を答えればいいのでしょうか?

• 彼女の書いたメールの意味。

これはこの前彼女とナイトクラブに行ったときについての メールのないようです。 I wanted you to come out to have fun too,but you seemed like you wanted to be close to me and I feel uncomfortable like that. I have other friends who I like to see,not just you. I thihk you can have a good time meeting new peopel and dancing you don't need ME to be there!baka. これは自分が彼女に近づいたことは不快だったのでしょうか?ちょっと確認したくって・・・。

• 友達からメールが来たのですが、所々読めない箇所があり、

友達からメールが来たのですが、所々読めない箇所があり、 翻訳機を使うと余計意味わからなくなります 分かりやすく翻訳お願いします Do you have Facebook , you know now a days things are not too good so I would like to see you first , if you don't mind:) Other wise my parents won't let me exchange letters with you :P By the way you have to give me your adress in ''Romaji'' cause if you put it in japanese i won't be able to write it XDDD When I see you i'll give you my adress ok?:D