• ベストアンサー

Dressed up to the nines, ってどういう意味ですか?

nine_of_cupsの回答

回答No.1

dressed up to the nines は、正装して、とか、おめかしして、という意味ですね。 the sixes and sevens は、てんやわんや、とか、混乱していることを意味します。 歌詞全体を知っているわけではないので、どういう前後か分かりませんが・・。

chicagoKoi
質問者

お礼

dress upだけでも正装だから完璧に正装とう感じですかね to the ninesにこんな意味があるのは恥ずかしながら知りませんでした てんやわんや、混乱も解りました。なぜそういわなければならなかったかちょっと不明ですがもう一度聞いて確かめてみます。もしかするとNines のあとsixes, sevensと韻をふむから詩として良いのかも。 回答有難う御座いました

関連するQ&A

• Madonnaの歌詞の英語の意味

以前Madonnaが主演した映画Evitaの主題歌になった "Don't Cry For Me Argentina"という歌が大好きなのですが、 歌詞の中で6~7行目の、 >she’s dressed up to the nines >At sixes and sevens with you の部分の意味がわかりません。 非常に着飾っているということかと推測したのですが・・・ どなたか解説いただけませんでしょうか?

• has had to..

ある文の中でhas had toというのを用いていたのですが、時制的にも文的にも意味がわかりません。たとえば、she has had to cope with raising a child while working at a full-timeという文の場合、she had to-でいいのでは?と思います。hadだけではなく、hadの前にhasをいれることで、文はどのように変わるのでしょうか?回答おねがいします。

• step upの意味

The holiday season is already in full swing, and my husband and I are already arguing over what to do next year. My mother-in-law has always hosted Thanksgiving and Christmas. She is in her late 60s and has always said she loves to host -- until now. She called my husband and dropped some strong hints that we should take over as the family hosts. We don't think any others in his large family would step up. ここでのstep upの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• joint custodyの意味

Do I have a say if I don't want my boyfriend's two children to live with us? I am childless at the moment (going to college), and do not want this to affect my budget. I am supportive, and he has joint custody. 国語の質問みたいになってしまいますが、「共同親権(きょうどうしんけん)とは、「子に対する親権を父母の双方が持っていること」。」とあります。He and she have joint custody.なら分かるのですが、he has joint custody.とはどういうことでしょうか?やさしい説明をよろしくお願いします

• working up to capacity

DEAR ABBY: I'm a student who maintains a decent GPA. However, my parents believe they have a genius in the making. Since I started at a new school, my mother has been pressuring me more than twice as much. She no longer talks to me except to pester me about that B or C in algebra or any other class. I understand that she wants me to be smart, and I know I should be trying to live up to her expectations of a flawless, straight-A student, but I don't believe I can. Please help me. -- UNDER PRESSURE DEAR UNDER PRESSURE: It might help if you would talk with your teachers about this, and ask if THEY think you are DEAR ABBY: I'm a student who maintains a decent GPA. However, my parents believe they have a genius in the making. Since I started at a new school, my mother has been pressuring me more than twice as much. She no longer talks to me except to pester me about that B or C in algebra or any other class. I understand that she wants me to be smart, and I know I should be trying to live up to her expectations of a flawless, straight-A student, but I don't believe I can. Please help me. -- UNDER PRESSURE DEAR UNDER PRESSURE: It might help if you would talk with your teachers about this, and ask if THEY think you are working up to capacity. DEAR ABBY: I'm a student who maintains a decent GPA. However, my parents believe they have a genius in the making. Since I started at a new school, my mother has been pressuring me more than twice as much. She no longer talks to me except to pester me about that B or C in algebra or any other class. I understand that she wants me to be smart, and I know I should be trying to live up to her expectations of a flawless, straight-A student, but I don't believe I can. Please help me. -- UNDER PRESSURE DEAR UNDER PRESSURE: It might help if you would talk with your teachers about this, and ask if THEY think you are DEAR ABBY: I'm a student who maintains a decent GPA. However, my parents believe they have a genius in the making. Since I started at a new school, my mother has been pressuring me more than twice as much. She no longer talks to me except to pester me about that B or C in algebra or any other class. I understand that she wants me to be smart, and I know I should be trying to live up to her expectations of a flawless, straight-A student, but I don't believe I can. Please help me. -- UNDER PRESSURE DEAR UNDER PRESSURE: It might help if you would talk with your teachers about this, and ask if THEY think you are working up to capacity. working up to capacityはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いしますはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

"No Longer Compatible" said she isn't attracted to her husband because he stopped bathing and has bad breath, a beer belly and sinus issues. Oddly enough, clairvoyance isn't conferred with the vows. Has she actually told him what she wants from him? He may be relieved that better hygiene can fix the issue. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/anniesmailbox/s-2050445 clairvoyance isn't conferred with the vowsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

When I moved into my current home with my husband, "John," and our 7-year-old son three years ago, we invited my mother over to see the new house. We were annoyed but not surprised when she found our spare key and made a copy for herself. Since then, she has seen herself in at any time, without calling in advance. she has seen herself inとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• defer to

I have my own therapist to work on some trauma and anxiety, and I am making progress. But he refuses to see anything wrong with his behaviors and has an "If you don't like it, leave" attitude. Our therapist was less than helpful. She tended to defer to his feelings more, trying to get me to understand his points of view. https://www.arcamax.com/healthandspirit/lifeadvice/carolynhax/s-2001725 defer to his feelings his feelingsの訳は「彼の気持ちに任せる」でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• これってどういう意味でしょうか?2

In 2006, she joined the cast of Boston Legal as Bethany Horowitz, a love interest to William Shatner's character Denny Crane. The role was written specifically for her by David E. Kelley.[6] She has a dual career as both a mental health therapist and an actress, though she stated in 2007 that her acting career had priority.[3] Finding difficulty in obtaining new roles following the cancellation of Family Law, and disliking the stereotypical parts frequently offered to little people in Hollywood,[7] she worked for a year at a locked, in-patient psychiatric unit in California,[3] sometimes with dangerous patients.[2] She has advised prospective professional actors to "(h)ave a backup plan" and has stated that her psychology degree is her "safety net".[3]

• 英文の意味を教えてください。

歌の歌詞なのですが、意味がわかりません。 和訳できる方がいらしたら教えてください。 1:Let's go take a ride tonight 2:So let go ando get down with me 3:I'm gonna give you the warmth you've missed 念のため、文の前後も載せておきます。 1 Summer’s here and the time is right Boy I don’t wanna be lonely Let’s go take a ride tonight I wanna feel the thrill of your fresh kiss 2 Come on now and take all of me You see I’m here for just the taking So let go and get down with me And don’t let my heart keep breaking 3 Take a look at me and hold my hand I’m gonna give you the warmth you’ve missed Come on closer, try to understand Feel the magic of this moment of bliss