• ベストアンサー

次の文に出てくる「psychic body 」の訳についておしえてください。

次に「'The curious sensation I had of forcing myself through an obstructing medium was not a physical sensation at all, as we understand that word, but rather the psychric sensation of forcing my entity to re-cross the "gap" that had already formed between my falling psychic body now below the edge of the pit and my physical body standing on the floor of the room. And that "gap" was full of a force that strove to prevent my body and soul from rejoining. It was a terrible experience. Do you remember how I could still see with my brain through the eyes of my psychic body, though it had already fallen some distance out of me? That is an extraordinary thing to remember. 」という文があるのですが、その中に出てくる「psychic body 」の上手い訳が思いつきません。「超能力的身体」とでも訳せばいいのでしょうか。英語に詳しい方ぜひ「psychic body 」の訳について教えてください。お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数4

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • highhill
  • ベストアンサー率66% (4/6)
回答No.1

専門家ではないのであくまで参考にしてください。 本文の内容からして、身体論での「精神と肉体との対立」がここでのテーマとなっていると思います。つまり physical body 肉体としての身体 psychic body 精神としての身体 という対立的二元論です。 なので、「超能力的」と言うより、「精神的」の方が適切ではないでしょうか?

ooesyundei
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。どうやら宗教的な意味合いが強い用語のようですね。ですが精神的という訳が適訳だとは思いもよりませんでした。拙い私の英語力では訳をするのもやっとですが、これで意味がすっかり飲み込めました。貴重な回答本当にありがとうございました。大変助かりました。

その他の回答 (2)

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.3

幽体? 別にそんなに英語に詳しいわけじゃないけど、ざっと読んだところで、いわゆる「幽体離脱」の話を連想しました。 http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%B9%BD%E4%BD%93%E9%9B%A2%E8%84%B1

ooesyundei
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。回答が多いにも関わらず、参考サイトまで出していただいて大変痛み入ります。サイト内を見せていただいて、大変参考になりました。幽体という訳もピッタリきますね。貴重な回答本当にありがとうございました。

• KappNets
  • ベストアンサー率27% (1557/5688)
回答No.2

宗教用語でしょうか、身体 physical body、心理体 psychic body、スピリチュアル体 spiritual body と3種あると考えるようです。訳よりも概念が私のような凡人には難解です。google 検索してみて下さい。

ooesyundei
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。心理体という訳ははじめて聞きました。色々しらべてみたら、日本語で言う霊体とほぼ同じ意味のようですね。今まで、どこから手をつけていいのか分りませんでしたが。心理体という言葉を当ててくれてとても調べやすかったです。その上他の意味も出してくれて大変助かります。貴重な回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語の訳の一文 いまいち上手に訳せない

訳おねがいいたします。 my heart was full of joy to think of the fine surprise they would have when i revealed to them that i was their son, and that i had come back home laden with gold and welth.    以上です。大体は理解できるのですが上手に訳せません。お願いします。

• この文の構造と訳お願いします。

My father had a strongidea that half the disobedience of little children arose from wan of employment, and that they had a very early perception of the difference between amusing themselves and doing something that savedtrouble to others.

• この文の訳を教えてください。

"Nonsense," I told her. " He's a fine, happy boy and you know it." "But she is an expert in child care," Carolyn protested. "She must know." "Even experts can be wrong," I said. I told her of an incident that had happened to an editor I know. One cold morning a warning light in her car came on. She quickly stopped at a service station. "Don't worry about it," the mechanic who checked her car told her. "The light will go off as soon as the car gets warmed up." She knew the car, and knew the warning light had never lit up on any other cold morning——but the expert had said it was OK, so she drove on. It turned out that the radiator was frozen; she almost ruined the car. "I learned my lesson," she told me. "I should have paid attention to my own sense of the situation instead of listening to someone who was supposed to know." "And that's what you're doing with your son," I said to Carolyn. I was scolding her, but I was sympathetic too. The world has become so complicated that we're no longer sure of our ability to understand and deal with it. But common sense is as useful now as it ever was. No amount of expert knowledge can take the place of an intimate understanding of a person or a situation. At times you just have to trust your own judgment. It almost cost me my life to learn that. I was reading a book one day, scratching the back of my head, When I noticed that, in one particular spot, the scratching echoed inside my head. I rushed off to my doctor. "So think you've got a hole in your head?" He joked. "It's nothing——just a nerve." Two years later, and after seeing four doctors, I was still being told it was nothing. To the fifth doctor, I said almost in despair, "But I live in this body. I know something's different." "If you don't believe me, I'll take an X-ray and prove it to you," he said. Well, there it was, of course, a tumor as big as a golf ball. After the operation, a doctor stopped by my bed. "It's a good thing you're so smart," he said. "Most patients die of these tumors because we don't know they're there until it is too late." I'm really not so smart. I believe experts too easily. I shouldn't have listened to those first four doctors. It's hard to question opinions given with absolute certainty. Experts always sound so sure of themselves . この文の訳をお願いします!

• 訳を教えてください!

Remember, I am not recording the vision of a madman. What I affirm is true: after days and nights of labour and fatigue, I succeeded in discovering the cause of generation and life. More! I became myself capable of giving life to inanimate matter! What had been the study and desire of the most learned men since the creation of the world was now within my power! 【But do not think, my friend, that I am going to communicate this secret to you. Listen patiently to my story and learn from my example how dangerous is such knowledge, and how much happier is that man who believes his village to be the world than he who aspires to become greater than his nature will allow.】 この【】内の文章の訳し方がまったくわかりません。わかる方訳を教えてください。お願いします!!ちなみに途中まで訳したのは以下のとおりです。 しかし、考えないでください。そして、私はこの秘密を友人に伝えるつもりです。 そして私の話を辛抱強く聞いて、このような危険な例から学ぶのはこのような知識です。

• 次の短い文でお聞きしたいことがいくつかあります

Thus Ilearned from life itself. At the beginning I was only a little mass of possibilities. It was my teacher who unfolded and developed them. When she came, everything about me breathed of love and joy and was full of meaning. she has never since let pass an opportunity to point out the beauty that is in everything, nor has she ceased trying in thought and action and example to make my life sweet and useful. わたしが考えたことを書かせていただきます。 I was only a little mass of possibilities は「私は少しの可能性の大きな量にすぎなかった」と直訳ではこうだと思うのですが、意味がまったくわかりませんでした。only副詞はwasにかかると考えました。のみだった」と。 またto make my life sweet and usefulのto不定詞の働きは文法的判断からでは前の名詞にかかる形容詞用法とはいえませんよね? to make 以下が thought and action adn exampleにかかるということなのですが。 はじめにbreathedを見たときは、「~を吸う」という他動詞と考え、他動詞が過去分詞の働きをして、受身かと思ったのですが、もし過去分詞と考えてしまうと, and was のandが何と何をつないでいるのか分からなくなってしまうのでbreathed は過去形の動詞だと考え直しました。 でも、意味が「先生がやってくると、私についての全てが、愛と喜びの呼吸をして、意味でいっぱいだった」となってわからなくなってしまいました。辞書も見ましたが、なぜbreathed of loveとofがあるのですが?ofが存在している理由がわかりません。動詞でbereath を使うと、breath inや,breath outとしか載っていませんでしたが、このofはなぜあるのですか? 疑問にお答えいただける方よろしくお願いします。 こちらの文の訳例です。 「こうして私は人生そのものから学んだ。初めは、可能性をもつ小さなかたまりでしかなかった。その可能性を開示し、発展させてくれたのは私の先生だった。先生が来ると、私の周りのすべてのものが、愛と喜びで息づき、意味で満ち溢れた。それ以来、先生はすべてのものの中にある美を指摘sる機会を指摘しないまま過ごすことはなかったし、考えや行動や事例の点で、私の生活を楽しく有益にしようとすることを決してやめなかった。」

• テスト勉強に訳がほしいです。お願いします

And there was the vast, unsuspected cataclysm of my parents’ divorce,that redrew so many boundaries,and created, with the proverbial stroke of the pen, vast new areas of confusion and dismay. And then one day I left Columbia, and discovered the bitter truth about race relations,and for a while I was inclined to view the lessons I had been taught with a certain amount of rueful anger. I felt that I had been lied to,that the map I had been handed was a forgery. And after a11,I would hear it said from time to time,Columbia had failed in its grand experiment. It had become a gardenvariety suburb in the Baltimore-Washington Corridor;there was crime there,and racial unrest. 

• 次の文を上手に訳したいのですが・・・

どの文章も上手な訳ができません 訳が得意な方お教えください What a trip!! We had a wonderful time in Japan and our dream holiday sadly ended back at Heathrow in the pouring rain. We had experienced first class Japanese hospitality and even had the wonderful opportunity to stay in a Ryokan in Atami. The visit to Head Office was very interesting -to listen to the history of Yamatake Company, to see the ink sticks being made and actually making and using the ink. To have the chance to see our colleagues and to learn from our parent company how it developed and achieved 100 years of trading. We were not great artists when it came to the etegami drawing - it seemed difficult - we would rather have eaten the oranges and apples than drawn them. We have since enjoyed doing it and have mastered the technique in our own ways! The sights we saw in Nara and Kyoto, especially the geisha girls, will remain etched in our memories for a long time. We marvelled at the temples and the relaxing feeling of serenity in the gardens surrounding them. Our final destination of Tokyo and the trip up the tower was fantastic, followed by the meal with Tokyo office and lasting memories of Kareoke. We thank all Yamatake staff for making us so welcome and ensuring that our trip to Japan was so special and memorable. We look forward to Yamatake UK going from strength to strength and also achieving many years of trading.

• 訳を教えてください!

From this day, natural philosophy, and particularly chemistry, occupied me heart and soul. My application was so ardent that many a morning found me still in my laboratory and my progress was so rapid that at the end of two years I made some discoveries which won me great esteem and admiration at the university. When I had arrived at this point, my residence at Ingolstadt was no longer necessary. I was just thinking of returning to Geneva, which I had not visited since I left it, when something happened which changed my plans. この文章なのですが訳し方がわかりません。またitがさしているものもわかりません。わかる方ヨロシクお願いします!! 自分で訳せるとこだけいちを訳してみました。 この日から私の頭の中は自然科学のことでいっぱいであった。 私がこの地点に到着したとき、インゴルシュタットの私の家はもう必要はありませんでした。私はちょうどジュネーブに戻ることについて考えていました。そして私の計画を変える何かが起こったとき、私がそれを離れた以来、私は訪れませんでした。

• 次の英文の訳をお願いします!!

Late one evening,as my husband slept in front of the television and l was catching up on my e-mail,an “instant message” appeared on the screen. lt was from Mlargo,my oldest step-daughter,also up late and sitting in front of her computer five hours away. As usual,we sent several messages back and forth,exchanging the latest news.When we would “chat” like that,she wouldn’t necessarily know if it was me or her dad operating the keyboard---that is unless she asked. That night she didn't ask and l didn't identify myself either. After hearing the latest volleyball scores, the details about an upcoming dance at her school,and a history project she was working on,I commented that it was late and l should get to sleep. Her return message read,“Okay,talk to you later!Love you!”

• 英文の訳が分かりません

英文の訳が分かりません But it had also been suggested by the book that he had just taken out of the drawer. it was a peculiarly beautiful book. its smooth creamy paper, a little yellowed by age, was of a kind that had not been manufactured for at least forty years past. He could guess, however, that the book was much older than that. He had seen it lying in the window of a frowzy little junk-shop in a slummy quarter of the town ( just what quarter he did not now remember ) and had been stricken immediately by an overwhelming desire to possess it. party members were supposed not to go into ordinary shops ( ‘dealing on the free market ’, it was called), but the rule was not strictly kept, because there were various things such as shoelaces and razor blades which it was impossible to get hold of in any other way. He had given a quick glance up and down the street and then had slipped inside and bought the book for two dollars fifty. At the time he was not conscious of wanting it for any particular purpose He had carried it guiltily home in his briefcase. Even with nothing written in it, it was a com-promising possession この英文を全訳してもらえるとありがたいです。