Becoming a Step-Parent: Navigating the Challenges and Cherishing the Moments

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the challenges and joys of becoming a step-parent
  • Learn how to maintain a strong bond with step-children, even from a distance
  • Explore the role of technology in connecting step-parents and step-children
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

次の英文がわかりません;

When l married my husband,six years ago,he already had four small children from his previous marriage. l became their stepmother,and watched them become young teenagers. Although they lived primarily with their mother,they spent a lot of time with us as well. 0ver the years,we all learned to adjust. We enjoyed vacations together,ate family meals,worked on homework,played baseball,rented videos. However,I continued to feel somewhat like an outsider. Since l had no children of my own,my experience of parenting was limited to my husband's four,and often l felt sad because l would never know the special bond that exists between a parent and a child.   When the children moved to a town that was a five-hour drive away,my husband was understandably upset. We promptly set up an e-mail and chat-line service. This technology,combined with the telephone,would enable us to reach the children on a daily basis by sending frequent notes and messages,and even chatting together when we were all on-line.

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • sayshe
  • ベストアンサー率77% (4555/5904)
回答No.2

私が6年前夫と結婚したとき、彼には前の結婚でできた4人の小さな子供がすでにいました。私は彼らの継母になって、彼らが若いティーンエイジャーになるのを見守りました。彼らは、主に実母と同居しましたが、彼らは私たちとも多くの時間を過ごしました。歳月を経て、私たちはみんな適応するようになりました。私たちは一緒に休暇を楽しみ、家族の食事をとり、宿題に取り組み、野球をしたり、ビデオをレンタルしたりしました。しかし、私はいくぶん部外者のように感じ続けました。私には私自身の子供がいなかったので、育児の私の経験は私の夫の4人の子供に限られていました、そして、しばしば、親と子供の間に存在する特別な絆を決して知ることはないだろうと思い、悲しいと感じました。子供たちが車で5時間離れた町へ引っ越したとき、私の夫ははっきり動揺していました。私たちは、電子メールとチャットライン・サービスをすぐに準備しました。電話と組み合わせた、このテクノロジーのおかげで、頻繁にメモやメッセージを送ったり、全員がオンラインになっている時は、おしゃべりさえして、毎日私たちは子供たちと連絡を取ることができたのでした。

その他の回答 (1)

• akeshigsb
  • ベストアンサー率49% (536/1074)
回答No.1

これで全文ですか?  要約すると 「連れ子がいる男性と結婚して自分は疎外感を感じて悲しい。(1パラ)  子供たちが遠くに行ってしまったがネット環境のおかげでチャットをしながらつなっがてる(2パラ)」  って感じです。  「近くにいたときは疎外感を感じたが、遠くにいったため逆に絆を感じた」のか  「近くで疎外感、遠くでネットでつながる皮肉さ」 なのかは判断できません。1パラではsad because~という感情表現がありますが2パラではありません。感想としては尻切れトンボな感じがします。(冒頭のこれで全文ですかはそういう意味です) これが大学入試の模試なのか学校の宿題なのかは存じ上げませんがこれだけで感情を読み取って要約させるとすればそれは東大入試レベルも超えています。 もっとも学校の先生がなんも考えず適当な文章を適当な個所で切った感じが私にはしますが…。 ご参考までに。

関連するQ&A

• acknowledge

Two decades ago my husband and I merged our families and then had more children together. We were a true Brady Bunch. Fast-forward 20 years. We are now empty nesters. The problem is that my husband's birth children treat me like crap. They don't know when my birthday is and don't acknowledge it. ここでのacknowledgeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 次の英文の訳をお願いします!!

Late one evening,as my husband slept in front of the television and l was catching up on my e-mail,an “instant message” appeared on the screen. lt was from Mlargo,my oldest step-daughter,also up late and sitting in front of her computer five hours away. As usual,we sent several messages back and forth,exchanging the latest news.When we would “chat” like that,she wouldn’t necessarily know if it was me or her dad operating the keyboard---that is unless she asked. That night she didn't ask and l didn't identify myself either. After hearing the latest volleyball scores, the details about an upcoming dance at her school,and a history project she was working on,I commented that it was late and l should get to sleep. Her return message read,“Okay,talk to you later!Love you!”

• 比較的簡単な英文のおかしいところがあればなおしてください。よろしくおね

比較的簡単な英文のおかしいところがあればなおしてください。よろしくおねがいします。 The first day my husband and I were in Tokyo. We went to a department store and did a lot of shopping. After shopping we got on a taxi in front of the department store to return to the hotel where we stayed. After a while we arrived at the hotel. My husband paid the taxi fare to a driver and we got out of the taxi. We came back to our hotel room. A few minutes later I found my purse was nowhere in our room. But I immediately rememberd having left my purse behind in the taxi. What a terrible thing it was! I wondered if I should try to call a taxi company but did'nt know which one we had used. I was very confused and at a loss what I should do. Just then the phone in our room rang. It was a call from the clerk at the front desk. He said the taxi driver had just come at the front desk to deliver my purse to me. I was very happy to hear that. I went to the front desk right away and received my purse from the driver with the contents intact. I thanked him from the bottom of my heart, shaking hands with him.

• よろしくお願いします

Seventeen years ago, I married into a wonderful family. Due to our jobs, we have never lived near any of my husband's family. But we try to get together every year and stay in contact via family emails. Something has perplexed me for the past few years. One of my husband's sisters remembers my son's birthday with a card and check, but neglects to send anything to my two daughters. a card and checkとは具体的にどのような物でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

When I was young, I had an affair with my boss. We fell in love, got married, and, 25 years later, are still happily together. When our affair began, we were both in unhappy relationships. Ending mine was simple—my boyfriend and I shared only a mortgage and a cat. My husband, however, was married with two young children. He and his wife had been fighting for years, and it was clear the marriage was going to end eventually. However, I didn’t know that at the time, and I only went ahead with the affair because I didn’t think about the repercussions. I’ve tried to be a good stepmother to the two girls. I’ve had a cordial relationship with their mother since their divorce, and when the girls were younger, I took my cues from their mother about attending “family” events. shared a mortgageとはどういうことでしょうか?あと、 took my cuesの意味も教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• perceived slight

After 15 years of working hard to build a good relationship with difficult in-laws -- because it was important to my husband -- I thought we had gotten to a pretty good place. After hitting some tough personal times, and after a perceived slight on my part, my mother-in-law is now giving me AND my husband the cold shoulder. It was part misunderstanding, part overstepping on their part -- in my opinion -- but I didn't react well. it was important to my husbandのところは、it was important for my husbandでも良いのでしょうか?よくこのようなケースでtoかforかで迷うのですが、どちらを使うか見分ける方法はあるでしょうか? あと、perceived slightの意味を教えてください。perceived slight

• 比較的簡単な英文のおかしいところがあればなおしてください。よろしくおね

比較的簡単な英文のおかしいところがあればなおしてください。よろしくおねがいします。 The first day my husband and I were in Tokyo. We went to a department store and did a lot of shopping. After shopping we got on a taxi in front of the department store to return to the hotel where we stayed. After a while we arrived at the hotel. My husband paid the taxi fare to a driver and we got out of the taxi. We reached our room in the hotel. A few minutes later I found that my purse was nowhere in our room. But I immediately rememberd that I had left my purse behind the taxi. What a terrible thing it was! I wondered if I should try to call a taxi company but did'nt know which one we had used. I was very confused and at a loss what I should do. Just then the phone in our room rang. It was a call from the clerk at the front desk. He said the taxi driver had just come at the front desk to deliver my purse to me. I was very happy to hear that. I went to the front desk right away and received my purse from the driver. I thanked him from the bottom of my heart, shaking hands with him.

• どのような意味でしょうか

My husband and I have been married for 11 years. My first husband died, and my grown children love "Davis" as a father. Davis is a wonderful man who took care of his kids when they were little, while his wife moved them around the country to follow a married man with whom she was having an affair. A bitter divorce followed, after which his ex turned the children against him. turned the children against himはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 次の英文のwhatの役割を教えてください。

次の文頭のwhatの役割がわかりません。 What with my husband losing his job and my daughters at college, I don't know how we're going to get by. with my husband losing his job and my daughters at college, (旦那は失業するし、娘達は大学在学中だし、) I don't know how we're going to get by. (これからどうやって生活していけばいいかわからない。) ここまではすんなりわかるのですが、、どうもwhatが使われた意図がわかりません。。 意図というか、文法的な読みが乏しいだけなんですが。。(涙) ちなみにこの文章、‘what’をなくして I don't know how we're going to get by with my husband losing his job and my daughters at college. でも意味は同じになるんですよね・・? どなたか教えてください。よろしくお願いしますm(__)m

• どのような意味でしょうか

About nine years ago my husband found out about an affair I had been having with a co-worker. My stupid mistake almost cost me and my husband our marriage, but thankfully many counseling sessions and one branch change later I was finally able to regain his trust and we held our marriage together for us and our two kids. held our marriage togetherはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします