• 締切済み

英訳の添削お願いします

「彼は、去年はよく食べていたのだが、今は、彼の食べる食事の量は彼女の食べる量より少ない」という文章です 1 He ate much when she ate meals together last year. 2 But,he eats amount of meals smaller than her meals now. 3 The amount of meals he has is smaller than her meals now. と2通り考えました。 また彼は彼女の半分の量しか食べないという時はどういう文にすればいいのでしょうか。 4 He just eats half amount of meals than her meals. でいいでしょうか よろしくお願いします。  

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

みんなの回答

• ukyuryu
  • ベストアンサー率57% (8/14)
回答No.1

添削はできませんが気になった点のみ ・1について“when she ate meals together last year.”の部分が和訳に出ていないので「?」と思いました ・>2 But,he eats amount of meals smaller than her meals now. この文だと「量を食べる」という意味になってしまう(1)、何を比較しているのかが不明瞭(2)です (1)について 3番の形で書かれるのがいいと思います (2)について “her meals”とあるので“his meals”とhisをつけて対比したほうがわかりやすいです ですが文法的な観点から言えば2の文は誤りを含んでおりこの形を使うというよりは3の形を使うのがいいかと思います また、1の文で、英語は同じ語が繰り返し出てくるのを嫌うので“she ate”を“she did”とすべきでしょう その他の点に関しては1,3の文は文法的な誤りは見当たりません 「彼は、去年はよく食べていたのだが、今は、彼の食べる食事の量は彼女の食べる量より少ない」 Though he had a good appetite last year, now it is less than hers. 直訳的ではないですが、どうでしょうか 4に関してですが、「~は…の何倍だ」という英文を書くとき比較級よりも原級を使うほうが書きやすいことが多いです テストでは使い方によっては比較級は減点対象なので注意が必要です His meal is half as much as hers. 以上参考までに

satomi333
質問者

お礼

ご意見ありがとうございました。 >1について“when she ate meals together last year.”の部分が和訳に出ていないので「?」と思いました すみません、説明不足でした。 2はご指摘のとおり間違いですね。 それでご意見に基づいてもう一度考えてみました。 Though he had a good appetite last year,now his amount of meals is smaller than hers. ~last year,now his amount of meals is half as much as hers. のようにしました。 ・

関連するQ&A

• 次の3つの表現のうち正しいのはどれでしょぅか?

「彼は5年前よりずっと食べる量が少ない。」という意味で次の3つの英文を考えました。そのうちどの文が正しい(もしくは適切な)表現になるのでしょうか。また明らかに間違いなのはどれでしょうか。どなたかご存知の方でその理由も含めて教えていただけましたら幸いです。よろしくお願い致します。 1) He eats much less than he used to five years ago. 2) He eats much less than he used to eat five year ago. 3) He eats much less than he used to do five years ago.

• エッセイの添削をお願いします!

高校で資料を参考にして、エッセイを書く課題が出ました。 一度書いてみたので添削をお願いします! ※文章構成(firstly, secondly In conclusion と 最初のパラグラフと最後のパラグラフとの内容が被ること)に関しては学校からの指示なので、そのままでお願いします。 以下 People had better be concerned about climatic change for ecosystem. It is global warming that one of the things that are in question most and most influential. These days, the affect the impact of global warming has been serious in Arctic. If we took preventive measures against it thoroughly, the animals on the ice in Arctic, such as, polar bear and earless seal, would be threatened with extinction. Firstly, according to the report from Nasa in 2005, the amount of sea ice that floats in the chilly arctic is much less than what it used to be. In other words, this report says that the environment which they can live on is not what it used to be. Secondly, the report says that each year, during the month of September, the amount of sea ice floating in the Arctic Ocean is typically at its lowest amount for the entire year. That year, and all the way back to 2002, the amount of sea ice has been 20% less than the average amount seen normally between 1979 and 2005. That is to say, it shows that the place which it is possible for them to live on has gradually decreasing. In the future, it and they may perfectly disappear. In conclusion, we had better think of what global warming affect them and need to immediately start working out solutions for this problem. Otherwise, they will really have died out by mankind. 以上 ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ ※念のために言いたいことを大まかに日本語で書いておきます※ ^------------------------------------- 人々はもっと生態系のためにも気候変動について気にかけるべきである。もっとも影響があり問題となっているのが地球温暖化だ。近年、北極での地球温暖化は深刻化してきている。もし私たちが徹底的に地球温暖化を防がなければ、ホッキョクグマやアザラシなどの北極で生活する動物たちが絶滅の危機に瀕することになるかもしれない。  第一に、NASAの2005年に調査によると、「資料抜粋:the amount of sea ice that floats in the chilly arctic is much less than what it used to be. This report says that it is probably because of warmer arctic temperature.」言いかえれば、このレポートは彼ら(北極に住む動物)の住む環境が昔と変わってきていることを示している。 次に、この調査は「資料抜粋each year, during the month of September, the amount of sea ice floating in the Arctic Ocean is typically at its lowest amount for the entire year. That year, and all the way back to 2002, the amount of sea ice has been 20% less than the average amount seen normally between 1979 and 2005.」ということを示しています。つまり、彼らが住むことができる場所が徐々に減ってきているということを示します。将来、その場所と彼らは完全に姿を消すかもしれません。 要するに、私たちはもっと地球温暖化とそれが与える動物への影響を考え、この問題について対策を練る必要があります。そうでなければ、彼らは人類によって本当に絶滅してしまうかもしれないのです。 ※※※ 学校からの指示としては、自分の意見を Scentists using satellites date have confirmed that the amount of sea ice that flats in the chilly arctic is much less than it used to be , and that's probably because of warmer Arctic temperatures. Earch year, during the month of September, the amount of sea ice floating in the Arctic Ocean is typically at its lowest amount for the entire year. That year, and all the way back to 2002, the amount of sea ice has been 20% less than the average amount seen normally between 1979 and 2005. という資料から二つ根拠をあげて述べろ という指示です。 長いですが添削をお願いします

• 疑問文で混乱してしまいました。

倒置のことを考えていたら、頭がこんがらがってしまいました。 "He is not more than her"の疑問文は、"Is not he more than her?"でも "Is he not more than her"でも良いですよね? この場合、not は文法的に どう違うのでしょうか? "He will much more feed it"の疑問形は"Will not he much more feed it?"でも "Will he not much more feed it?"でも良いですか?

• 添削をお願いします!

高校で資料を参考にして、エッセイを書く課題が出ました。 一度書いてみたので添削をお願いします! ※文章構成(first of all, secondly In conclusion と 最初のパラグラフと最後のパラグラフとの内容が被ること)に関しては学校からの指示なので、そのままでお願いします。 ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ People had better be concerned about climatic change. One of the things that are in question most and most influential is global warming. These days, global warming has been serious. If we took preventive measures against global warming thoroughly, we would be in peril of our life. Also the Island whose altitude is low may sink in the sea because the ice in the arctic is malted by rising temperature and sea water. First of all, according to the report from Nasa in 2005, the amount of sea ice that floats in the chilly arctic is much less than what it used to be. This report says that it is probably because of warmer arctic temperature. This thing is so serious. But now global warming has been in progress in spite of the official date like this is going public. Secondly, the report says that the amount of sea ice that floats in the chilly arctic is much less than what it used to be. This report says that it is probably because of warmer arctic temperature. This change may surprise many people even who don’t take interest in global warming. We are not able to keep this the situation any more. In conclusion, we had better think of global warming and need to immediately start working out solutions for this problem. Otherwise, we will really be in peril of our life. ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ ※念のために言いたいことを大まかに日本語で書いておきます※ ^------------------------------------- 人々はもっと気候変動について気にかけるべきである。もっとも影響があり問題となっているのが地球温暖化だ。近年、地球温暖化は深刻化してきている。もし私たちが徹底的に地球温暖化を防がなければ、生命の危機に瀕することになるかもしれない。また、海水や気温の上昇により北極の氷が溶け、水面が上昇して海抜が低い島々は海に沈んでしまうかもしれません。  第一に、NASAの2005年に調査によると、「資料抜粋:the amount of sea ice that floats in the chilly arctic is much less than what it used to be. This report says that it is probably because of warmer arctic temperature.」これのことはとても深刻です。しかし今でもこのような調査が公表されているにも関わらず地球温暖化は進行しています。 次に、この調査は「資料抜粋each year, during the month of September, the amount of sea ice floating in the Arctic Ocean is typically at its lowest amount for the entire year. That year, and all the way back to 2002, the amount of sea ice has been 20% less than the average amount seen normally between 1979 and 2005.」ということを示しています。この変化は、地球温暖化に興味がない多くの人々でさえも驚かせてしまうかもしれません。私たちはこの状況をこれ以上そのままにしておくことはできないのです。 要するに、私たちはもっと地球温暖化のことを考え、この問題について対策を練る必要があります。そうでなければ、本当に命の危険にさらされるかもしれないのです。

• 英文の並べ替え&間違い訂正の添削をお願いします

※穴埋め 1)Mai can (faster/else/finish/much/than/anybody/her calculation) in her class. →finish her calculation much faster than anybody else 2)I don't particularly like him,but he's the (of/better/two/the) candidates. →? 3)I've had so much to do at work recently and I'm really tired.I'd prefer to (at home/drive/my weekend/rather than/spend) all the way to Kyoto. →spend my weekend at home rather than drive 4)For nature lovers,(is/more/nothing/refreshing/than) pure cold water from a mountain stream. →nothing is refreshing more than 5)Our dog is (a pet/not/as/so/much) a number of our family. →? ※間違い訂正(間違い→訂正の順) 6)The children's television program,"Sesame Street",is far more popular as any other show of its genre. far more popular as→more popular than? 7)The bag I have now is three times so expensive as the one I had before. three times so expensive as→three times as expensive as 8)My brother studied all the hard because my mother praised him. ?→? 解説や和訳を加えてくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の穴埋めの添削をお願いします

1)Matters are (worse) this year than last year. 2)I would rather walk than (take) a taxi. 3)Mom,you should have (fewer sugar) if you want to lose weight. 4)This is the heaviest snowfall we (have ever had). 5)Tom is (more clever) than honest. 6)I prefer playing golf (than watching) golf. 7)Students today seem not to be (much) interested in politics as those of the 1960s. 8)The bracelet was expensive,but the necklace was (less than) expensive. 9)The park is double the size of our school ground. =The park is (twice) as (large) as our school ground. 10)He has as many as eight thousand comic books. =He has no (more) than eight thousand comic books. 11)Watching videos is not as much fun as going to the cinema. =Going to the cinema is (more) fun (than) watching videos. 英文が多くてすみません。 ()内の添削をお願いします。 解説や和訳を加えてくださると助かります。 よろしくお願いします。

• 否定文 less

否定文 less He was less than enomoured of the musicがあります。 thanのうしろに省略されているのは 何ですか? thanの後ろは完全な文が来るので、he was が省略されていると思います。 less thanで lessは形容詞ではなく辞書では副詞とあります。 しかし、be動詞なので 後ろにくるのは普通は形容詞ですよね。 less than enomoured とは どのようによめばいいのでしょうか?。 以前ほど音楽に夢中にならなくなった、という意味だと推測していますが。 less は adverb : to a smaller degree: not so much. enomoured of ..adj : liking sth a lot. 辞書を調べてもネットで調べても分からなかったので基本的な質問だと思いますが、質問をさせて いただきました。

• 英文添削お願いします。

英文添削お願いします。 30th September ‘10 The first half of fiscal year will be over at today. I feel that time run out before I finish anything. But I will go writing my diary in English. I wonder how much this diary make my English ability improve? My defect is what I want a result. So I just enjoy reading, writing and hearing English now. But I spent a lot of time to write this diary.

• 文法についての質問です

文法についての質問です 「she has a lot of explanations why meals together aren't an option for her families」 という文章があったのですが (1)この文の「why」が文法的に何になるのでしょうか?関係副詞の場合は訳的に、疑問詞の場合は文法的に説明がつきません (2)「together」は副詞だと思ったのですが、その場合、どこを修飾するのか皆目検討がつきません 一体この「why」、「together」は何なのでしょうか? ご教授頂けたら幸いです

• 和文英訳です。添削を宜しくお願い致します

1.3月8日に国立大学の合格発表があった On March 8, there was an announcement of entrance examination of national university. 2.F君は昨年国内最難関と言われるA大学を受験したが失敗した Last year, my friend A failed the entrance examination of A university which is often referred to as the highest level university in Japan. 時世の一致で、isよりもwasかな? 3.彼の家は経済的に二浪を許す余裕はなかった His family could not afford to give him second failure. 4.それで今年は少しランクの下がるB大学を受験し、合格する事ができた So, this year, he take an entrance exam to B university which is referred to as slightly easier for entrance compared to A university. low level では失礼ですよね 5.いずれにしろ、AもBも日本ではトップクラスの大学だ Anyway, both A&B are top class universities in Japan. 6.たぶん彼は今達成感に浸っている事だろう Probably, I suppose he is now immersed himself in a sense of achievement. 以上です。宜しくお願い致します。