• ベストアンサー

どちらが正解ですか

Hamlinsの回答

• Hamlins
  • ベストアンサー率42% (6/14)
回答No.3

パーディタとポンゴは15匹の子犬たちの自慢の親になった こちらが正しいと思います。   A of B  OF の使い方は、後ろに来る名詞BのA というように訳すので、 PARENTS OF FIFTEEN PUPPIES は、15匹の子犬の親 と訳します。

関連するQ&A

• I also have DVDs of puppies and kittens playing.

NHKラジオ英会話講座より Roy:I started reading some books about caring for pets. It seems like a lot of work. So that's why I got the next best thing. I also have DVDs of puppies and kittens playing. ・・・、子犬と子猫が遊んでいるDVDもあるよ。 (質問)I also have DVDs of puppies and kittens playing.についてお尋ねします。 (1)playing は現在分詞でpuppies and kittens を修飾する形容詞的用法だと思いますが、後置修飾になっています。playing puppies and kittens と前置修飾ではいけませんか? (2)分詞の形容詞の用法で、前置修飾/後置修飾の使い方の違いを教えて下さい。 宜しくお願いいたします。以上

• なぜ過去形ではダメなのか(完了形)

Jack's parents are proud of him ( ) the inter-high-school tennis championship last year. (ジャックの両親は彼が去年全国高校テニス選手権を獲得したことを自慢している。) 解答:having won(完了形) 質問1. なぜ"won"(過去形)ではダメなのでしょうか? 質問2. また、以下のように"him"を関係代名詞で繋ぐことは不可でしょうか? Jack's parents are proud of him (who won) the inter-high-school tennis championship last year. 基本的な事で恐縮ですが、よろしくお願いします。

• 英文の意味

以下の英文の意味はなんですか? 子犬を買いにショッピングに行ったのか 子犬の為に(子犬に必要な物、食材など)ショッピングに行ったのか それともこの文からはどちらとも取れる内容なのか よろしく願いします He has been out shopping for puppies.

• QA77

QA77 From the daughters of Deucalion sprang Magnes and Macedon, ancestors of the Magnesians and Macedonians, who are thus represented as cousins to the true Hellenic stock. Hellen had three sons, Dorus, Xuthus, and Aeolus, parents of the Dorian, Ionic and Aeolian races, and the offspring of these was then detailed. 試し訳 デウカリオンの娘たち(の話)からマグネスとマケドンに言及し、(この二人は)マグネシア人とマケドニア人の祖先で、本当のギリシャ人の血統の親類として表現される。 ヘレン(Hellen)は三人の息子、ドロス、クサトゥス、アイオルスがおり、(Hellenは)ドーリア人、イオニア人、アイオリア人の両親である(など)、こうした出生がそこで詳しく述べられる。 質問 (1)構文の読みは正しいでしょうか。   特に、(QA76もそうでしたが、springの意味が良く分からない) (2) ,……ancestorsについて これはMagnes and Macedonと思われますが, who……と同格とすると、 これらのことをspringしたという意味でしょうか (3)何人かの人名は下記の事が分かりました。    この英文はHellenの息子がドーリア人、イオニア人、アイオリア人の祖先のような印象 ですが、下記(Answers,com)によると、Hellen(妻は分からない)がparentsであると 述べています。 (4)Hellenは単数で、parentsは複数です。この関係が良く分かりません。    ‘Hellenは……の親‘という場合、この’親’は単数で表記すると思うからですが、    もしかすると、Dprus, Xuthus, Aeolusかも知れません。 このような混乱は構文を読み違えているからだと思います。 *Dorus Dōrus, in Greek myth, son of Hellen, the eponymous ancestor of the Hellenes. *Xuthus The ancestor of the Ionian Greeks. *Aeolus 書いてない。 *Hellen A king of Thessaly and ancestor of the Aeolians. Hellen became, by the nymph Orseĭs, the father of the mythical ancestors of the three great branches of the Greek race, Aeolus (of the Aeolians), Xuthus (of the Achaeans and Ionians), and Dorus (of the Dorians).  (Answers.com)

• ofの使い方

1 I am proud of you. 私はあなたを誇りに思う 2 I am fond of reading. 私は読書が好きです 3 I am afraid of dogs.  私は犬が怖い  それぞれofを使っていますがこれは例えば1ならbe proud of という感じでこれをひとくくりにして覚えた方がいいのですか? 2、3に関してもbe fond of ~ が好きです みたいな感じのパターンなんですか?意味がわかりにくいかもしれませんがofの意味がわからなかったので気になりました ご指導お願いします

• 次の文法問題の解説お願いします。

Jack's parents are proud of him ( ) the inter-high-school tennis championship last year. 答えはhaving wonです。to have wonが不正解である理由が知りたいです。

• 和訳 to the next level

和訳はあっているでしょうか?添削をお願いいたします(外国人です) ※ proud = 「誇りに思うこと」  (自慢ではないです) ※ heritage=文化+遺産 (culture+traditions+language+buildings+etc...) Plaintiff doesn't consider himself a foreigner. Plaintiff thinks all dogs are the same, meaning, all humans are the same. And he takes it to the next level, thinking that to be proud of one's country or heritage is a form of racism itself, and that nothing causes greater harm to humans.   原告は自分を外国人であると考えていない。 原告は、すべての犬が同じであると考えている。つまり、すべての人間は同じである。 そして、原告はそれを次の段階へ進めて、自分の国や文化遺産を誇りに思うことは、一種の人種差別であり、それ以上に大きな害を人間に及ぼすものはないと考えている。

• 英語添削お願いします。(TOEFL-IBT)

文法など至らない点が多く申し訳ありませんが、よろしくお願いします。 問:What do you think is the best parents? 解答: Children can’t choose their parents. In my case, I’m proud of my parents and I think I’m happy to be their child. What makes parents the best one depends on some reasons. I’ll explain them one by one. First, the best parents must have the ability to wait and see. To think of myself, it is natural that children can’t deal with the problem well at first. And in many cases, if they have enough time to try it again and again, they will surely make it. However, if their parents make them stop tackling the problem and help them, children will fail to accomplish their goals and lose their confidence. For example, when I was in my elementary school, my teacher gave me a lot of homework. I tried so hard to do it, but sometimes it was too difficult for me. I begged my mother for some help, but she refused it and said that she believed me that I could do it by myself. I didn’t understand what she said, and I felt she was not the best mother. Anyway, finally I did it and I was so proud of myself and felt I could do everything from now on. However, if my mother helped me at that time, I just finished my homework without getting confidence. Second, the best parents will give many experience to their children, for example, sports, traveling, and working. This is because what children have learned in their childhood will give them many choices of the future plans. If a father plays baseball with his boy, it can happen that the boy wishes he will be a baseball player. For example, my parents gave me the great experience with dogs and now I became a veterinary student. So, it is very important that the parents make their children experience many things to make their future shine. To sum up, the best parents should know children don’t belong to them. By thinking this way, they can wait and see how their children are doing, and do the best things in order to make their future soundful.

• 下記の英語を日本語に訳して頂けますか?

For travelling benefit registration of married trainees, please submit 1 copy of spouse's passport, marriage certificate and parents or parents-in-law's passport to Service team. you can nominate a maximum of 2 parents or parents-in law to enjoy the travel benefits.

• 「宝島」からの質問です("done"の意味)

Fifteen men of a dead man’s chest. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum. Drink and the devil had done for the rest. Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum. ここの"had done"の具体的な意味がわかりません。イディオムなのでしょうか?