• ベストアンサー

海外ドラマ sinfeldから質問です

natural body of waterっていったいどんな水なんでしょうか? 後、I think you're all a little touched in the head って私はあなた達全員ちょっと神経質だと思うみたいな意味で解釈していいとおもいますか? それとdevil-may-careっていったいなんでしょうか?

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • jayoosan
  • ベストアンサー率28% (929/3259)
回答No.1

body of waterは、 A body of water is any significant natural pool of water such as an ocean, a lake, or a river, covering the Earth or another planet. もともとは自然界の水が大量にたまっている様や場所を総じて表していたのだとおもいますが、いろんな日常や映像などの用例ではプールなどの水がたまった状態も指していますので、シチュエーションとかで判断すればいいと思います。 naturalがついているので、その場面では自然界の水がたまった海か池かなにかではないでしょうか(何かのたとえとして使われているなら、まったく違うかもしれません) be touched in the head で、気が触れた、動転したというような意味です。 devil may care は、無頓着(でも悪魔は見ているよ、みたいな意味でしょうか)

noname#45937
質問者

お礼

よくわかりました!詳しく説明いただいてありがとうございます♪

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Dance, dance little hooker shake it Dance or you will be banned You're the one who is all mistaken You're the gas and a dollar laugh

• どう反応していいか。。

メールで毎日会話をしている人がいます。その人からこのような曲を紹介されて、it makes me think of youと書いてありました。私は彼はよいお友達と思っています。 その曲の歌詞はこのような感じでした。 I need you boo I gotta see you boo And the hearts all over the world tonight, Said the hearts all over the world tonight Said the hearts all over the world tonight Hey! Little mama, Ooh, you're a stunner Hot... little figure, Yes, you're a winner And I'm so glad to be yours, You're a class all your own........ これはラブソングぽい感じでしょうか? 私はこの曲に関して彼のブログに感想をしなきゃいけないのですが、どうコメントしていいかわかりません。 歌詞にはとくに触れないでいようか迷っています。・・・、アコースティックギターの音が結構目立っていて、曲の雰囲気は好きな感じでした。 「このギターの音がとても好きな感じだ。」 とか、 「この曲の雰囲気いいね、とくにこのギターの音。」 というのを英語にするなら I like this song ...... Nice music... guitar... すみません教えてください

• 海外ドラマseinfeldより

JERRY: I did it for you. GEORGE: I don’t know what did you had to tell her that for. You put me in a very difficult position, Marine Biologist! I'm very uncomfortable with this whole thing. JERRY: You know with all due respect I would think it's right up your alley. GEORGE: Well it's not up my alley! It's one thing if I make it up. I know what I'm doin, I know my alleys! You got me in the Galapagos Islands livin' with the turtles, I don't know where the hell I am. JERRY: Well you came in the other day with all that whale stuff, the squeaking and the squealing and… GEORGE: Look, why couldn't you make me an architect? You know I always wanted to pretend that I was an architect. Well I-I'm supposed to see her tomorrow, I-I-I'm gonna tell her what's goin on. I mean maybe she just likes me for me. この会話でalleyはどう解釈すべきでしょうか俺の十八番とか得意な事みたいなニュアンスですかね?

• 海外のtwitterの意味が分かりません。

海外のtwitterの会話の意味がわかりません。英語が得意な方よろしくお願いします。 アメリカの歌手クリス・アレンのtwitterでのやり取りです。 状況としてはクリスはレコーディングでロンドンにいます。 以下がそのやり取りです。 クリス Am I crazy or do all the American shows look British in London?" クリスのファン I think you may be crazy... but that's just me. クリス You might have something there クリスのファン I might, but then again, I'm not in London クリスのファンの「I think you may be crazy... but that's just me.」 クリスの「You might have something there」 とはいったいどういう意味ですか???but that's just meは「自分がそう思うだけ」という意味なのかそれとも別の意味があるのでしょうか?You might have something thereは何か特定の意味があるのかそれともクリス特有のあいまいな表現なのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

You're the devil in me I brought in from the cold You said your body was young but your mind was very old You're coming on strong and I like the way The visions we had have faded away You're part of a life I've never had I'll tell you now it's just too bad

• running on water

"Well, the Kalteen bars (chocolate bar) have burned up all your carbs, and now your body's just running on water. But once the water's gone, then you'll be all muscle. It explains it all on the label." ダイエットチョコレートバーについての説明。 ここにある"your body's just running on water"の意味を教えてください。

• mayとthink aboutについて

友達以上恋人未満のイギリス人男性からこのようなメッセージが届きました。 I hope you are well may I think about you often. ここでmayが使われているのはどのように解釈すれば良いのでしょうか? メッセージの結びはmany more xxxで締められています。 少なくとも私はとても好意を持っているので、この文章だけでも私のことを思ってくれているのか、と前向きに捉えてしまうのですが、勘違いするのは悲しいので、教えてください。 返信をしたいと思っているのですが、まずは前向きに捉えて良いのか、分からないので・・。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語童謡

犬のおまわりさんの英語歌詞はイロイロありますが、下URLのCDの歌詞を教えてください。 http://music.yahoo.co.jp/shop/c/10/vicg41196/ なんか、恐ろしく英語力が無いんですが、なんとなく聞き取るとこんな感じで・・・。空白部分を埋めるのをお手伝いください。よろしくお願いします。 Little kitty, little kitty, lost and all alone  Don't you worry littel girl but ask I where you are If I ask what's your name said don't you know dear kitty use my head think under dog's Bowwow, bowwow! Bowwow, bowwow

• 和訳お願いします

ドラマ内の台詞です。 1:「It's kind of weird you having a kid. Still, it's exciting, isn't it?」 2:「What, having some wrinkled little time clock ticking away? Reminding you that you're getting older by the minute. By the second.」 3:「Keep thinking like that, you're gonna end up prematurely gra-ay. Ooh, I think I see one. 」 4:「Why didn't somebody try and stop me?」 5:「Hello! Somebody did. But you wouldn't listen. You had to let Lindsay fill your head with all her bullshit flattery. 'Oh, you're so good-looking.' 'Oh, oh, y-y-you're so smart.' 'Oh-oh, you've got such great genes. And I don't mean your 501s.' And now you're stuck with a kid. For life.」 所々にわからない箇所があり、台詞をまとめました。 赤ちゃんができてしまったことに悩む友人との会話です。 2番と5番(And I don't mean your 501s.)がわからないので、そこだけでも構いません。 よろしくお願いします!

• 何をお願い??

To be an efficient fat-burning machine, your body requires at least eight hours of sleep a night. If you think that you’re doing yourself a favor by sleeping less, you are mistaken. Give your body time to rest, both mentally and physically. という文章の、If you think that you’re doing yourself a favor by sleeping less, you are mistaken. の部分が良くわかりません。 「あまり寝ないことで自分自身のお願いを聞いている →自分自身のためには寝ない方がいい(寝ないことが身体が発する願望??) と思っているなら、それは間違いだ」ということでしょうか。宜しくお願いします。