• ベストアンサー

It's simple. You think an airport, you think a stewardess.

DVDを見ていて気になったせりふがあります。 どうも以下のように言っているのですがしっくり来ません。何か聞き落してるかもしれませんし、このままで良いのかもしれません。言っている内容は"空港っていったらスチュワーデスじゃない普通"という感じでぼやいているシーンです(空港に潜り込んで特別な任務を遂行するためにコスチュームを用意したと聞いて、スチューワーデスの制服を想像していたのに、期待はずれだった)。 It's simple. You think airport, you think stewardess. 皆様のご意見をうかがいたく思います。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • akijake
  • ベストアンサー率43% (431/992)
回答No.1

こんにちは。 よくドラマだと、そういう使い方することってありますよね。 whenとかifを省略しちゃうというか・・・。 You go, we go. You jump, I jump. のような感じで。 どのDVDか判りませんが、そういう言い方かもしれませんよ^^* 何かつけるとしたら when you think airport, you'd think stewardess. とかじゃないでしょうか。

Chicago243
質問者

補足

ありがとうございます。whenとか省略されてしまうことがあるのですね。そういうことがあるとが分かったのが収穫です。 You think an airport, you think a stewardess. とarticleを入れてしまいましたが、実はついてないような気がします。これも省略されてしまっているんでしょうか。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

その他の回答 (2)

• asakiyume
  • ベストアンサー率28% (8/28)
回答No.3

こんばんは。 「空港って言えば、スチュワーデスでしょ」 という意味ではないでしょうか。 ここの"you"は、その聞き手ではなく、一般的な人の代名詞になっています。もっと文法正しく直すと、 "One thinks of an airpot, one thinks of a stewardess." akijakeさんも言いましたが、'if'や'when'をどこかに入れたらさらに分かりやすくなるでしょう。文A = 文B という関係ですね。

Chicago243
質問者

補足

丁寧な回答ありがとうございます Youについては認識しておりました。もう少し何が分からないか明確に書くべきでした。すいません。 文A = 文B この説明はわかり易かったです。 akijakeさん補足のところにも書きましたが質問タイトルでは You think an airport, you think a stewardess. とa, anをつけているのですが、それも実は言ってないような気がします。 質問本文ないのYou think airport, you think stewardess. と聞こえます。この辺はどうでしょうか。 think ofは確かに、正確にはそうですね。 これはthinkでもthink ofの意味合いを出せるということでしょうか?私も辞書を調べてみます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。
  • mabomk
  • ベストアンサー率40% (1414/3521)
回答No.2

映画の題名教えてくれませんか? 何かのヒントになるかも?

Chicago243
質問者

補足

日本のアニメ、ゲートキーパーズのなかの一つのエピソードです。アメリカ(多分)で吹き替えをしています。字幕はもっと素直な訳になっているようなきがしますが、吹き替えはかなり口語調のような気がしてます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• "It's an A." or "It's A."

8歳の娘に英語を教えていた時の疑問です。 (娘は本を指して、"What's this?"と聞けば"It's a book."と答えられます。) それで、アルファベットのポスター(A~Zが書いてあるもの)内のAを指して、 "What's this?"と尋ねたところ、 "It's an A."と返ってきました。 個人的には"It's A."を期待していたのですが、 どちらの方が正しいでしょうか?またはより自然でしょうか? Aの形をしたおもちゃのブロックなどを指して尋ねたら、 Aのブロックが2つあり"They are two As."となり得るので "It's an A."だと思うのですが。。。 A~Zの内の(抽象的な)アルファベットのAを指して尋ねたので、 "It's A."を期待してしまいました。 みなさんの考えを教えてください。

• 意味を教えて下さい

飲みに行くシーンで、 I usually just go with an ale, although I've been meaning to give Bailey's a try. I think I'll have that. Man, it's awfully lively tonight. What do you think is going on? というセリフがあるのですが、最後の"What do you think is going on?"の意味がよくわかりません。会話の流れからすると、「あなたは何を飲む?」という感じだと思うのですが、そうだとすると、"be going on"の意味がよくわからないです。教えてください。

• 英訳お願いいたします。

英訳お願いいたします。 The only way my day could start better is if you were here :) I quickly checked the train schedule and it's a bit disappointing. You would have to travel to Paris and then take a train from Paris to the airport. The last direct train leaves too early. I'll drive you back to the airport as well, ok? The traffic in Paris is a nightmare ... but since the airport is north of Paris ... it should be ok. So you don't need to arrange a train ticket, ok? Even before today I was considering going to Paris ... but I don't think we have enough time. Satomi! 4 days is very short :) You will have to come back another time, when it's warmer, sunnier ... and we can visit Paris ... Yes in Belgium it's also getting colder. Now it's about 15 degrees, but earlier this week it was only 3 degrees when I went running this week :) You don't like seafood? Hmm ... are you sure you enjoyed the sushi in Osaka? I hope so. As for the mussels, I think I can find a restaurant where you can eat something typically Belgian and then I can eat mussels. So then you can try some, is that ok for you? Please tell me other things you don't like ... because I liked to see a happy ●● :)

• 旅先で出会ったドイツ人とポストカードを送りあうことになっての英文

件名通り英文を送りたいので添削してもらえない でしょうか?一期一会で出会ったじいちゃんに 意味の通じる英文を送りたいです! よろしくお願い致します! 日本語 *○○は名前です。 こんにちは○○。 返信おくれてすみません。 バンコク空港でお会いした○○です。 アンコールワットみましたか? とてもすごかったですね。 カンボジア最高でした! いつかまた海外に旅に出たいです。 またどこかでお会いしましょう! 英語 Hello mr.Dieter. How are you? Sorry for delay reply male Met at Bangkok airport aki . Angkor Wat Have you tried? It's amazing. I want to travel overseas someday. See you somewhere!

• 和訳お願いいたします

Where to meet ... Charles de Gaulles airport has many different terminal. You will be arriving in 2E and since it's to early there won't be many people. And ... I would recognize you out of a million people ... hmmm maybe I'll think of something so you will recognize me. So after you take your luggage and go through customs will exit ... and I will be waiting for you there. Actually I don't think it's normal for this time of the year. But the temperature will be around 0 degrees early next week ... If there is something I still need to get for you ... or if you still have questions please ask me. 以上です。ありがとうございます。

• 『エイリアス 2重スパイの女』について

先週から地上波で放映開始になりましたが、既に何話か見た人に質問があります。 『ニキータ』(フランス映画版でなくテレビシリーズの方)のコピーじゃないか?と感じてしまいました。 アクションシーンやファッションセンス、音楽等です。 任務遂行シーンの途中で大学のシーンがいきなり挿入されて中途半端?になる事が何度かあり、複数の場面を同時進行的に描く、そういった構成はこのシリーズの特徴なのですか? 3話目にして『私はもう7年この組織にいる』という台詞がありましたが、話が進むと初期の採用⇒トレーニングシーンがじっくりと描かれる事があるのでしょうか? 内容がイマイチ把握し辛いと感じますが私の理解力不足かもしれませんが、母の死の真相や、組織の関係等に謎を持たせたまま話が進んで行く作りなのでしょうか? 因みに、『ニキータ』の方が映像センスやストーリーのサスペンス度、人間関係の描写がきっちりとしていた様に感じます。 何かご覧になった方でコメント下さい。

• 和訳をお願いします。

I think you did mistook the value of the animals you are about purchasing. It's great you have seen some photos from my first son who is also very successful in breeding this specie and others as well. I might consider and let you have a pair for A Yen and i hope it will be a great offer otherwise i will not find it appropriate carrying on with the deal. This is actually the best price i can offer you. If seriously interested,then we can proceed further with the paperwork and delivery to your location through Narita Airport.

• I wrote an e-mail to John.

Johnにあてたe-mailです。 英語で考えて書きました。 より自然な英語表現をご指導いただけないでしょうか? Hi, John. How's it going? I hope everything is just fine. I haven't e-mailed you for a couple of days. I'm sorry about that. But I wasn't up for doing anything for some reason. I'm a bit getting better so I feel like writing to you now. These days, I sometimes imagine that we are talking with each other, joking around, and playing with words in English, in person. Don't you think it's great if we can do that? Yes, Yes, I know... you will NOT come to Japan. All right, then I WILL fly to you for sure one day in the future. But please don't forget about this, John. I want you to be the very first one to see in the airport when I get there, okay? 〈g〉 Listen, John, learning English is very interesting for me, though I sometimes find it difficult to keep learning in some ways. But I don't want to give it up no matter what. You know why? Because I want to laugh with you, speaking English. 〈g〉 John... but to tell the truth, I think this way. "If only you could understand Japanese and listen to me." 〈g〉 Do you remember something you promise me? Yes, you learn ONE word in Japanese a day, okay? Well, I hear somebody calling me 〈g〉, so I have to go now. Please take care and stay in touch. お時間ありましたら、お願いいたします。

• You tubeを見たひとからきました。

詳しく訳してください( ; ; ) I just caught one of your vids on YouTube. Can you say AWESOME! I really think your video could be the next big thing on YouTube, but I noticed that not many people had seen it yet. It's clear from your videos that you've got the talent, I can't believe you haven't started getting the views yet! I don't say this often, but your videos were really some of the best I have seen on YouTube. You're videos truly are a refreshing take on things. So many of the popular videos on YouTube just repeat the same garbage as someone else. Sometimes making a good video just isn't enough. I know, I used to spend so much time making my YouTube videos and then have no one watch them. That all changed when I found tubechanneldoctor . com How it works is that they send a ton of views to your videos. The views really help your video get into the YouTube search engine which then gets your video even more exposure and views. Right now, they even have a penny promotion going on! You should give them a try, they really helped me increase my views and with it being just a penny, you really have nothing to lose. Please make sure you keep making those videos no matter what. It's refreshing to finally have some good content to watch for a change. Can't wait for more of your stuff!

• CMで流れる曲を教えてください。

NTTDoCoMo九州のCMで、流れている女性の歌ってる曲を教えてください。 どんなCMかというと、「もっと自由になれる編」で、出演者は、男性1人、女性一人です。 男性が一人でオフィスの中にいるシーンや、女性が一人で携帯電話を持って夜の海岸にいるシーン、背中合わせになって二人が立っているシーンがあります。 男性の台詞があって、「コミニュケーションの今日と明日をもっと自由に。 Hello Dream! Hello Future! NTTDoCoMo九州」です。 それで、歌詞なんですが、載せたらいけないとは思うんですが・・・・・ 「今年の冬はここに、あなただけがいないの。あーいつでも Think Of You あなただけの事を、おんなじ気持ちでいてくれてるのかな? あーいつでも、Missing You 不安にもなるよ、すごく大好きだから」 もし、ご存じの方がおられましたら、題名や誰の曲かを教えてください。 もし、この歌詞を載せた事が、違反でしたら、遠慮なく言ってください。その時は削除いたしますので。