• ベストアンサー

和訳お願いします。

Deerhunterの回答

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

一つ目 drive in という動詞句は 車で入ってくるという意味です。同様に walk in(歩いて), fly in(飛行機で) などの表現もありますね。 始めの文が時制が過去より一つ昔の過去完了になっているので、次に続く文が起きる以前に終わっていたことをあたまに入れてください。 to go はテイクアウトです。 すると 車でやってきて駐車し歩いてコーヒーやハンバーガーをテイクアウトする人はいなかった。 と訳せるでしょう。 2つめ strange new golden arches sign with the little cook named "Speedee" runnning between them この部分修飾語が多くて複雑に見えますが、ひとつ一つ順に訳して見ましょう。あとはイメージを最大限に膨らませることが大切です。この場合は広告用看板のことでは?strage とあるのでかなり奇抜なものだろうなどなど。以下のような訳が可能でしょう。 奇妙な新しい金色のアーチ型のサインでスピーディーと言う名の雄鶏が間を走り回っている。 後は自分で頑張ってみてください。

akiha2
質問者

お礼

ほぉほぉ…「~ in」って結構色々あるんですね。 この機会に他の熟語(?)も調べてみます。 なるほど…イメージですか…。 あ、そういえば自分は「直訳」が多いんですよね。 それってもしかしたら、どういうことが書いてあるのか 「イメージ」できていないから、直訳になってしまうのかもしれないです; 今後そこにも注意してやってみようと思います^^ 自分なりに考えて 「おそらくほとんどの人々は、『スピーディー』と言う名の雄鶏が間を走り回っている奇妙な新しい金色のアーチ型の看板に気付かなかった。」 と訳すことにしました。 すごい助かりました!ありがとうございます!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳お願いします

Imagine finding a body that had been lost for 40,000 years... The strange animal in the ice looked like it was sleeping. Ten-year-old Kostia Khudi and his brother had never seen anything like it before. But they had heard stories of the mamont, an imaginary animal that lived in the frozen blackness of the Siberian underworld. Their father, a reindeer herder named Yuri Khudi, went to ask a friend for advice. But when he returned, the body had disappeared...

• 和訳をお願いします!

'I ate so much during my vacation that none of my clothes would fit me. So I had to spend the morning having them altered.' Employees seemed partial to blaming other people for their absence or tardiness, as in 'My husband forgot where he parked our car after he came home from his office party last night' and 'My 6-year-old son set all the clocks back an hour.' 宜しくお願いします!

• 和訳してくださいm(_ _)m2

After the regular season was over, Roberto returned to Puerto Rico as the greatest sports hero in all of Latin America. He was not only a great player on the field, but also an even Greater person off the field. He won fame and money through baseball, but never forgot that most people in Latin America were poor. He always told his family that he had a duty to help those who had not been as lucky as he had been. During the off-season that year, Roberto volunteered to manage a baseball team of young Puerto Ricans. While he and his team were staying in Managua, Nicaragua, Roberto heard about a fourteen-year-old boy named Julio. He had lost both his legs in an accident, but had no money for artificial legs. Roberto arranged to get them for Julio. Roberto went to see him and told him that he would be able to walk again. It was usual for Roberto to give a helping hand to people like Julio.

• 訳をお願いします

It's no problem, I just noticed you never said anything in the comment selection on that picture, and it surprised me to see nobody had informed you. I've noticed, but sometimes people forget :3 よろしくおねがいます。

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします One day in the second grade. I walked home school,and my surprised mother looked at me as I walked through the front door. “Carol,”she asked calmly but with a confused look on her face,“where's your jumper? ” l looked down and saw my patent leather buckle shoes;white leotards that were torn at the knees;and white(but dirty)cotton turtle-neck. Until my mother pointed out that I was't fully dressed,I hadn't noticed. I was just as surprised as she was,for we both remembered that I had been wearing the jumper that morning. My mother and I walked across the street to the school,looked on the sidewalks and all over the playground and in the halls,but we couldn't find my plaid jumper.

• 和訳を教えて下さい。

和訳を教えて下さい。 少々長い文ですが、以下の文を和訳して頂きたいのです。 Have you ever noticed that English changes with the times? American teenagers'English is different from their grandparents'English. When we watch movies from the 1950s,sometimes we laugh at the language they use. In the 1980s,peopule started to think more carefully about certain English words. For example, we used to usewords like mankind to talk abut all peopule in the wold. Nobady thought it was strange. But in the 1980s,people realize that since women were not included,this was a kind of gender bias. As a result, the word humankind was introduced. In the future,"mankind"will be heard less and less. 以上です。宜しくお願いします。 特に”we used to use words like ~"の扱い方が分かりません。 教えて下さい。

• 和訳をお願いします

3 One of the people from the dormitory broke my tennis racket. He could not speak English very well so he said something like. "Domo, racket no good." He seemed to be very sorry. But he was saying domo― thank you. I got kind of angry! You can imagine. I lend him my racket, he breaks it and comes back saying, Thank you." Very surprising! Anyway, the following day he bought me a new one. The other day I was outside the dormitory waiting for Yoshitaka to pick me up. He was quite late, in fact more than 30 minutes late. Aren't the Japanese usually on time? Perhaps my friend was different. At last he turned up. "Domo, domo. Did you wait long?" He came at me waving his right hand. "These Japanese are really fanny people," I told myself. "He is Late and comes saying, Thank you, thank you.'" I was getting very confused. In this country do you have to say thank you for everything you do? I had already been in the country for four months and I still could not speak Japanese. But I wanted to sound as polite as possible. Therefore, I began to speak very strange sounding English. Here are some examples' 'Thank you, I was late." 'Thank you, he seems to be quite crazy." 'Thank you, this rain doesn't seem to stop." 'Thank you, excuse me." 'Thank you, I thought I saw Mr. Tanaka, but it was another person." "Thank you, he doesn't seem to understand." 'Thank you, it has been a long time since we met." 'Thank you, thank you." Everybody seemed to be very pleased when talking to me. "You am getting to be very Japanese," they used to tell me while uniting. Well, I thought, the English might sound strange to me. However, it, is very close to the way people speak here. So I kept talking l.hat way for quite a while.

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) I was drinking coffee in the cafeteria when I realized something was wrong. No sonner had I smelled smoke than I heard a fire alarm go off. I hurried toward the entrance. As I got to the gift shop. I saw a lot of people running out of the lobby. Just before I turned to the left there to go the entrance, I heard a woman crying for help. The voice seemed to be coming from the lab. The corridor was already full of smoke, so I crouched down and groped through the blackness. I went into the lab, but no one was there. Then I heard the woman cry out again, so I left the lab and went tower the Women's Center. There Mrs.Robinson was, sitting in front of the door to the center. I took her by the hand and we headed for the entrance. On the way there, I looked back at the Medical Records Dept. and saw flames shooting out of the door. Later I found out that the fire had started there.

• 和訳をお願いします

和訳をお願いします 長くなってすみません(>_<) Stamp collecting is one of the most interesting of all hobbies. People collect stamps for different reason. Some just like to get stamps together and arrange them in an album. Others are interested in the history, geography, and culture of the countries whose stamps they collect. Still others are attracted to stamps because of the many interesting subjects pictured on them. Almost every collector dreams of one day finding a “sleeper.” This is a rare or valuable stamp that has not been noticed among stamps worth little or nothing. In 1837 Sir Rowland Hill, an Englishman, devised a new system for playing postal fees. In those days most countries required the person who received the letter to play the postage. It was Sir Rowland Hill's idea that ( 24 ) should attach a stamp to show that the necessary postage had been paid. His plan was put into practice, and in 1840 Great Britain issued the first postage stamp, which the person who had written the letter would put on the letter before it was sent. This stamp, known as the Penny Black, showed a picture of Queen Victoria and the woulds “Postage ”and “One Penny.”

• ➊◆和訳お願いします(__)◆

大学入試の過去問です。 文構造が分からなくて、上手に訳ができません。 自分なりの和訳はありますので、 ご回答と比べて疑問があれば、 補足で質問したいと思います。 よろしくお願いします。 ------------------------------ When walking in central Tokyo, I often come across people waiting in long lines for no apparent reason. Just the other day in the Harajuku district, I saw hundreds of women living up. (***) I found strange was that the men and women who were herding the line all wore tags around their necks. Each tag read kankeisha (relevant party, or person in charge). I had seen tags with word staffu (staff) on several occasions, but kankeisha was new to me. (***) には、What / When / Where / How のいずれかが入ります。 私はHowだと思います。