• ベストアンサー

Animal Farm

Animal Farmの第1章に、 「It was a good tune, like a mixture of clementine and la cucuracha.」 とありますが、ここでいうclementineとla cucurachaは何の象徴として使われているのか分かりません。 わかる方教えてください。

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9739/12120)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。 >Animal Farmの第1章に、「It was a good tune, like a mixture of clementine and la cucuracha.」 とありますが、ここでいうclementineとla cucurachaは何の象徴として使われているのか分かりません。 わかる方教えてください。 ⇒「メージャーじいさん」の歌った歌ですね。 「It was a good tune, like a mixture of clementine and la cucuracha (→cucaracha).」 「それは、クレメンタインとラ・ククラチャを混ぜたような、いい曲だった。」 "Clementine" はアメリカ西部開拓時代の鉱山労働者の歌で、"La cucaracha" は、恋人を残して戦いに向かうメキシコ兵士の歌です。「俺が死んだら、墓にすがって泣いてくれるか」などと歌っています。どちらの歌も、(例えばCucaracha「ごきぶり」に事寄せるなどしながら)「地を這いつくばって働く者の悲哀」を象徴していると考えられます。

全文を見る
すると、全ての回答が全文表示されます。

関連するQ&A

• 映画に出てくるanimal actorについて

映画に実際の動物を出演させずに、デジタル処理したグラフィックスの動物を使うことに関しての記事です。2段落目の意味がいまひとつ分かりません。教えていただければと思います。 Karen Rosa praises movie makers for the use of computer-made animals. But, she also says there is nothing like the real thing. KAREN ROSA: “Capturing the real animal and its personality, the individual animal as well as the collective representation of the species, is unique and very special that it can be presented on film.”

• 英語訳お願いします。

どなたか、英語が堪能な方お願いします。 (1) This is charcoal. I like barbeque very much. I often have barbeque party with my family and friends in summer. It is really fun and dish is very delicious. (2) This is an autographed ball. I was given an autograph by Mr.Yoshinobu Takahashi in Yomiuri Giants. It is genuine. I like baseball since long ago. My father watched Major League games on TV in the weekend and I came to like it affected by that. (3) These are vegetables. I am working as a part time worker at the grocery store. All worker are friendly and cheerful and I am happy to work. My job is easy. (lol) Good points to work there are that hourly pay is high and I can eat many fresh fruits. (4) This is a savings bank in the form of Jizo (a guardian deity of children). It has good touch and I like it. No money is in it. (lol) (5) This is a seal. I bought it when I went to the trip to Beijing, China. It was made of crystal and by craftsman’s hands. I like it very much but have never used. (lol) (6) This is a photo of Tenanmon. It was very cold on the day I took this photo. It was very wide and the building had sense of history. Here was also a location site of the movie "Last Emperor." (7) This is a ticket of the World Cup. I went to the World Cup 2006 in Germany. I saw the game between Japan and Brazil and was very excited. Dortmund in Germany had very beautiful street and very tasty baked sausage 長文すいません・・・

• 和訳お願いします

Imagine finding a body that had been lost for 40,000 years... The strange animal in the ice looked like it was sleeping. Ten-year-old Kostia Khudi and his brother had never seen anything like it before. But they had heard stories of the mamont, an imaginary animal that lived in the frozen blackness of the Siberian underworld. Their father, a reindeer herder named Yuri Khudi, went to ask a friend for advice. But when he returned, the body had disappeared...

• 日本語訳を!

お願いします (9) Although Egyptians kept their hair short, they were concerned about what hair they did have. The Ebers Papyrus has recipes for hair care. To strengthen hair, a mixture of crushed donkey teeth and honey is recommended. To prevent graying, it advises applying the blood of a black animal accompanied by a spell that transfers the black from the animal to the hair. For hair loss it says: "Recipe to make the hair of a bald person grow: fat of lion, fat of hippopotamus, fat of crocodile, fat of cat, fat of serpent, and fat of ibex are mixed together and the head of the bald person is anointed therewith." A more straightforward cure for baldness was the application of chopped lettuce o the bald spot. (10) You would think a place where people went out and about with chopped lettuce on their heads would have absolutely no "fashion don'ts," but there were definite no-nos. (11) Fashion don't: Wool or leather in temples or in front of the king. Remember, the gods were often part animal. It was not in good taste to be wearing animal parts to worship. Wool from sheep and goats was considered unclean, so it was never worn next to the skin. Although cloaks were made of wool, they were always worn over linen. (12) Fashhon don't: Wearing shoes outdoors. Always carry your shoes on a journey and put them on when you arrive at your destination. (13) Fashion don't: Facial hair. Beards were considered unclean (remember the fleas and lice) and the mark of a barbarian. The one exception to this fashion don't was the braided fake beard worn by the pharaoh―but then who is going to criticize the pharaoh's fashion sense?

• 聞き取りです

It was just like a wheel carousel. Only longer, 【エングリーシア】, and then instead of ponies 【to these】 suitcases. と聞こえます。【】の中が特によくききとれません 何と話しているのか教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 教えて下さい。

訳を教えて下さい。 At the end of the race, she looked over to the crowd. Then she jogged to her friend who was holding the flag high. He handed it to her and she ran with it over her shoulders like a cape. She ran 50m holding that flag.This was a declaration of her pride, and of her love for herself and her people. 訳:レースが終わって彼女は観衆の方を見渡した。その時、彼女は国旗を高く持つ友人のとこへゆっくり走った。彼は…。彼女は国旗を握って50m走った。これは彼女の誇りでもある宣言で…。 特にHe handed it to her and she ran with it over her shoulders like a cape. とThis was a declaration of her pride, and of her love for herself and her people.の訳し方が分からないので教えて下さい。お願いします。

• 英語の訳について

What was dawning----although it wouldn't reallu arrive until the 1950s------- was a sense of a separate teenage identity,with teen idols, like Frank Sinatra, and teen fads, like writing silly slogans on the outside of a beat-up car. この一文の訳を行ったのですが was が主語でそしてidolsに like Frank Sinatraがかかることぐらいはわかるのですが、うまく訳ができません。 もしわかる人がいたら教えて下さい。お願いします。

• よろしくお願いします

I was married for ten years to a good person who tried very hard to be a good husband. He was loyal, honest, dependable, and funny. I loved him in large part because I felt like he was the kind of guy I should marry. And I bent over backward to be the good wife. I made elaborate dinners and sewed curtains and kept track of appointments. And I followed his career at the expense of my own in a tough cross-country move. ここでのkept track of appointmentsとは何のことをいっているのでしょうか?in a tough cross-country moveの意味もお願いします。よろしくお願いします

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します。

Just three years ago and it seems like decades. What a sad day. Miss and think of you every day my friend. So many good adventures and so many good songs. Your memory is strong and you are always in all of our hearts.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Shepherd on the background of "Taree": ‘I remember moving to Kingston – we lived downtown and [you] look out on the beach and the water and stuff, ’cause it’s a bay, it goes like that. And there was this huge, like, fake Hollywood lettering – ‘TAREE’ – and it was all totally overgrown.’ ※ 『Taree』は曲名です。