Shepherd on the background of Taree

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A shepherd's memory of moving to Kingston and noticing a huge 'TAREE' sign overgrown by nature.
  • The shepherd recalls living downtown with a view of the beach and water in Kingston, where a large 'TAREE' sign stood covered in vegetation.
  • In the background of Taree, the shepherd shares a memory of living in Kingston and seeing the overgrown Hollywood-like lettering.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します。

Shepherd on the background of "Taree": ‘I remember moving to Kingston – we lived downtown and [you] look out on the beach and the water and stuff, ’cause it’s a bay, it goes like that. And there was this huge, like, fake Hollywood lettering – ‘TAREE’ – and it was all totally overgrown.’ ※ 『Taree』は曲名です。

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.2

楽曲『タリー』の背景を語る キングストンへ移り住んだときに思い出すのは、下町に住んだんだけど見渡す限り浜辺やら海やらでね。そこは丁度こんな具合に内湾になってたんだ。でそこには、ハリウッドの文字をまねたどでかい'TAREE'って看板があった。草ボーボーで隠れちゃってたけどね。 *このインタビューの音声は以下で確認出来ます。 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDFr1n9epeg

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

その他の回答 (2)

• d-y
  • ベストアンサー率46% (1528/3312)
回答No.3

#2の回答でとても上手に訳しておられますが、ひとつだけ、outgrownのところは「なんでもかんでも、でかすぎるんだよね」のような意味だと思います。 ハリウッドの看板みたいなのは草木なんかじゃそう簡単に覆われたりしないだろうし、オーストラリアのTareeのあたりでは、馬鹿でかいものがいろいろと観光名所になっているようなので。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

キングストンへの引っ越しで思い出すのは、私たちはダウンタウンに住んでいて、ビーチとか海などに面していた、と言うのは(そこは)湾で、あんな風に伸びてるの(多分仕草で「あんな」が示されるのでしょう)。    で、ハリウッドの真似をした大きな文字の「TAREE」があった、しかも草木で完全に覆われて、、、 (ハリウッドの北側の山腹には「ハリウッド」という看板があります。高温多湿ですからキングストンでは草木の育ちも速いのでしょう)

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Chester also commented on what it was like playing with STP for the first time: Bennington: When we got together, right away it was three songs from Dean, three songs from Robert, three songs from me — overnight! All this adrenaline was injected right into our hearts. If we got together and it was weird, it wouldn't have happened. But we got together and it was amazing. The new music needed to feel like it was us. It was still STP but it's me and I don't want to be doing a caricature of Scott. Live, I'm singing Scott's melodies and Scott's songs so I want to stay honest to that and present it in a way that people feel they're getting an STP show. … It's been an interesting and very rewarding experience so far.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Scott told Hollywood Exclusive that "the song we wrote is almost perfect for the film because, on one end, it's beautiful and almost pristine -- and on the other side of things, it's really twisted and it's like you're on a psychotic roller coaster ride in slow motion" ※ 『Scott』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Basically it was the same thing all over again. In this situation it's like, I don't know what the terms of your own personal contract was, but I was unlawfully fired. We had specific rules in our contract on how it has to be done, and it wasn't followed.” On the problems in STP last year: “There were financial things we were dealing with, and I also felt on a creative level that we needed to take a break. I felt like we were playing the same set over and over and over. We were supposed to do a big big release of the box set for the 20th anniversary of Core and go on tour in the summer of 2012 and play Core in its entirety which is an idea we got from a couple other bands, namely Weezer. It was hugely successful, and for us to do that with Core, the offers we were getting were amazing, and they didn't want to do it. There was a lot of promotion that would have had to take place. So that didn't happen, so we ended up playing the greatest hits set, which was basically the same version of the set we had been playing since 2008 when we got back together.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

The complaint I had, (which was my fault) was the sound. It sounded like Scott was a chipmunk for the first part of the show. I looked up, and I saw 2 huge speakers right above my head. When I moved away from them, the sound was much better (I know, I'm an idiot haha). The setlist was rather short. I believe they did 14 songs in total. They left out Big Empty, Wicked Garden, Interstate Love Song, and Sex Type Thing. The renditions of Dead and Bloated and Where the River Goes/Mountain Song made up for that, though. Defintely the highlights of the night. They mixed together Roadhouse blues and LA Woman for a 10-15 minute song, which was pretty cool.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

On being fired from STP: “Emotionally it's really hard to wrap your head around, because I grew up with them my entire adulthood. At least with Robert. Corey and I called Robert to see if he was interested in joining our band, creating a new one really because the only other band I had been in was the high school one I had formed with Corey. We had bigger aspirations, we had known Robert as a bass player, we knew he was a really good bass player. So we located him and found where he was living. We made the phone call, and we started out just writing some songs, and then we built the band from there and moved up to Hollywood. It was a long thing. On an emotional level it hurts.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Speaking as a huge fan of Scott, he needs help. The reason I haven't been on ‘Team Scott’ in the STP/Weiland split debacle, is that I feel like if I defend Scott's actions and poor live performances, I'm ultimately just defending his addiction and that's the last thing I want to do. I'm on ‘Team Clean and Sober (and Happy) Scott.’ I use sarcasm a lot when writing about it because it's all incredibly depressing stuff. ※『Scott Weiland』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Filter frontman Richard Patrick & new Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington talk about Scott Weiland and playing with the DeLeos for the first time in a new interview with The Hollywood Reporter Patrick: Army of Anyone was a completely separate outside band. We wanted to take the DeLeo brothers to my sound design and we did a lot of that, but I went at it so that under no circumstances could I be compared to Scott Weiland. I had to sing everything high and I wanted to sing way up there because Scott's a baritone and the moment you start singing baritone stuff… so I was adamant that they stay in the key of drop D because that's where my voice likes to hang out. I kept saying things like, “I wanna rock. I wanna do really fast, exciting stuff!” Bennington: They had decided to move forward without Scott, and were talking about who they wanted to move forward with. My name got brought up … and I was like, “Fuck yeah!” I didn't even think about it. It was like a dog looking at a squirrel, getting instantly excited and wanting to chase it.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Like everybody else out there, I read about my band, Stone Temple Pilots, and their recent performance this past weekend with a new singer. To tell you the truth, it took me by surprise. And it hurt. But the band that played last weekend was not Stone Temple Pilots and it was wrong of them to present themselves as that.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

We were on tour in Canada when this was filmed at like 7:00 am in Toronto after a show/long drive the night before. We literally had just woken up on the bus and walked in and played.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Core was released on September 29, 1992 with the lead single “Sex Type Thing.” Sex Type Thing was an anti-rape song, with Weiland singing from the perspective of a macho rapist. In a September 1993 interview with SPIN magazine Scott Weiland recalled the creation of Sex Type Thing, “Dean was out in the front yard of his house in San Diego, washing his car or something, and he was, like, listening to some old Zeppelin song [In the Light].” Dean described his memory of coming up with the guitar riff and being influenced by the Led Zeppelin song, “’Duh bug ngaow, buh-neh-neh-nah- neh-neh-nao-nhe’ except because the music was inside and I was outside, it sounded different. You know how you can hear music sometimes in a different way? I heard it ‘buh-neh-buh-neh-buh-neh,’ which is like the riff idea to ‘Sex Type Thing,’ and ran in and hit it out on the classical guitar.” Weiland's first impression of the riff was, “The first time he played it for me over the phone, it reminded me of an old-style Sonic Youth-ish kind of riff. And when he told me how he got the thing, I was tweaked. Hey, I write songs that way, too.” Dead and Bloated's guitar riff was based on an idea Scott Weiland hummed to the band, while the lyrics to “Plush” were written by Weiland and Eric Kretz while they were in a hot tub.