The Creation of Sex Type Thing and Other Songs by Core

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Core, the debut album by the band, was released on September 29, 1992.
  • One of the lead singles from the album, 'Sex Type Thing,' was an anti-rape song.
  • The creation of 'Sex Type Thing' was influenced by a Led Zeppelin song and a riff idea from guitarist Dean.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します!

Core was released on September 29, 1992 with the lead single “Sex Type Thing.” Sex Type Thing was an anti-rape song, with Weiland singing from the perspective of a macho rapist. In a September 1993 interview with SPIN magazine Scott Weiland recalled the creation of Sex Type Thing, “Dean was out in the front yard of his house in San Diego, washing his car or something, and he was, like, listening to some old Zeppelin song [In the Light].” Dean described his memory of coming up with the guitar riff and being influenced by the Led Zeppelin song, “’Duh bug ngaow, buh-neh-neh-nah- neh-neh-nao-nhe’ except because the music was inside and I was outside, it sounded different. You know how you can hear music sometimes in a different way? I heard it ‘buh-neh-buh-neh-buh-neh,’ which is like the riff idea to ‘Sex Type Thing,’ and ran in and hit it out on the classical guitar.” Weiland's first impression of the riff was, “The first time he played it for me over the phone, it reminded me of an old-style Sonic Youth-ish kind of riff. And when he told me how he got the thing, I was tweaked. Hey, I write songs that way, too.” Dead and Bloated's guitar riff was based on an idea Scott Weiland hummed to the band, while the lyrics to “Plush” were written by Weiland and Eric Kretz while they were in a hot tub.

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • marbleshit
  • ベストアンサー率49% (5033/10253)
回答No.1

Core was released on September 29, 1992 with the lead single “Sex Type Thing.” Sex Type Thing was an anti-rape song, with Weiland singing from the perspective of a macho rapist. In a September 1993 interview with SPIN magazine Scott Weiland recalled the creation of Sex Type Thing, “Dean was out in the front yard of his house in San Diego, washing his car or something, and he was, like, listening to some old Zeppelin song [In the Light].” 1992年9月29日《コア》はファーストシングル《セックスタイプシング》と共にリリースされた。《セックスタイプシング》は反レイプの曲で、ウェイランドはマッチョな強姦犯の観点で歌っている。1993年のスピンマガジンとのインタビューで、スコット・ウェイランドはこの曲の制作過程を振り返って、 『ディーンがサンディエゴにある自宅の前庭で、車を洗うかなんかしてて、で彼は古いツェッペリンの曲を聴いていたんだ〔インザライト〕』 Dean described his memory of coming up with the guitar riff and being influenced by the Led Zeppelin song, “’Duh bug ngaow, buh-neh-neh-nah- neh-neh-nao-nhe’ except because the music was inside and I was outside, it sounded different. You know how you can hear music sometimes in a different way? I heard it ‘buh-neh-buh-neh-buh-neh,’ which is like the riff idea to ‘Sex Type Thing,’ and ran in and hit it out on the classical guitar.” ディーンはギターリフを思い付いた経緯とツェッペリンからの影響を思い起こし、 『‘デュ-バッ-ンギャオウ、ブ-ネ-ネ-ナ、ブ-ネ-ナ-ネ’ってフレーズが家の中から聞こえてきた。俺は外にいたんだけど、何か違って聞こえたんだ。たまに違った方法で音楽を聞いたりするだろ。‘ブ-ネ-ブ-ネ-ブ-ネ’って聞こえたんだ。これが《セックスタイプシング》のギターリフのアイディアになったわけ。伝統的なギターっていう感じになって上手く行ったよ』 Weiland's first impression of the riff was, “The first time he played it for me over the phone, it reminded me of an old-style Sonic Youth-ish kind of riff. And when he told me how he got the thing, I was tweaked. Hey, I write songs that way, too.” Dead and Bloated's guitar riff was based on an idea Scott Weiland hummed to the band, while the lyrics to “Plush” were written by Weiland and Eric Kretz while they were in a hot tub. このリフに対するウェイランドの最初の印象は、 『電話で最初弾いてくれたんだけど、ソニック・ユースっぽいリフだなって思ったんだ。で作った経緯を聞いて、感化されたんだ。ようし俺もそんな風に曲を書くぞ』 《デッドアンドブロウテッド》のギターリフはスコットのハミングをベースに作られた。また《プラッシュ》はウェイランドとエリック・クレッツが浴槽に浸かりながら書いたものだ。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

While Scott Weiland was working on his musical chops, bassist Robert DeLeo was in Point Pleasant, New Jersey playing with his older brother Dean, five years his senior. Dean's band played in bars, but Robert was so talented the band let him in and snuck him in to play shows. One day Robert decided to pick up and leave New Jersey and move to California. He lived out of his car initially in the Long Beach area with no music gear, but he eventually got an apartment and a home eight track studio after inheriting some money. DeLeo, whose biggest influences were James Jamerson and Led Zeppelin, met Scott Weiland at one of Soi-Distant's gigs in Orange County, joining the band to perform a song. Weiland was blown away by DeLeo's talent, but it took awhile before he could finally get him to form a band with him. Sometime in late 1987/early 1988, Soi-Distant dissolved and morphed into Swing, the first incarnation of Stone Temple Pilots.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Though he's not technically on "hiatus" from Stone Temple Pilots (he was "fired", sued, then countersued, was replaced by Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington and is now smack-dab in the middle of a messy divorce with his former bandmates – though he doesn't come across as bitter even slightly while discussing the past and the times he shared with his former co-workers), it's safe to say Weiland has moved on, both as a person and as an artist. "It's very liberating," Weiland describes of his work with The Wildabouts. "It's cool, the majority of us have similar influences musically – not a lot of arguing what direction to take a song."

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Dean and I wanted to do something, we wanted to be part of the 12.12.12 concert but we ran it by Scott [Weiland] and he didn't want to do it. I think he was already booked to actually go back and do Starland at the time [his shows were rescheduled to other venues in December of 2012]. He was doing the solo stuff and [because of that] we didn't have the chance to go back. That's pretty fucking frustrating man. So to come back here now and re-open this, it means a lot. It's a really big deal for Dean and I.” Stone Temple Pilots fired Weiland in February and Chester Bennington replaced him in May.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Weiland was born at Kaiser Hospital in San Jose, California, the son of Sharon née Williams and Kent Kline. From his father's side, he was of German descent. At age five his stepfather David Weiland legally adopted him and Scott took his surname. Around that time, Weiland moved to Bainbridge Township, Ohio, where he later attended Kenston High School. He moved back to California as a teenager and attended Edison High School in Huntington Beach and Orange Coast College. Before devoting himself to music full-time, he worked as a paste up artist for the Los Angeles Daily Journal legal newspaper.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, featuring Chester Bennington, will release an EP this fall, in conjunction with a North American tour that kicks off on September 4 in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and winds down on September 27 in Las Vegas. Weiland told The Pulse Of Radio that he and Bennington were good friends before this, but he doesn't see Bennington's move as a betrayal. "Yeah, I mean, I've known Chester for a long time," he said. "I got to be pretty close with him on the Family Values tour. I don't think Chester did it in a spiteful way. The brothers DeLeo [Dean, guitar and Robert, bass], they can be pretty persuasive." Weiland recently embarked on a new run of solo tour dates beginning on August 2 in Los Angeles. As with his other shows earlier in the year, Weiland is playing material from STP's first two albums, "Core" and "Purple", as well as a smattering of covers, solo tunes and other STP tracks. Weiland's use of STP songs in his solo shows was reportedly one of the reasons why the band sacked and then sued him. The band members claim that this, along with his erratic behavior and substance abuse issues, damaged their career.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

During Weiland's formative years his musical influences were very diverse, he was a chameleon from the start. His first musical influence as a child was country music, listening to Hank Williams with his father in his car. He often credits his father for teaching him how to sing. In middle school John Lennon and David Bowie became two of his major influences along with R.E.M. At Edison High Scott met Corey Hickok while playing football, who turned him on to records by The Jam, Echo and the Bunnymen, Stiff Little Fingers, and The Buzzcocks. Scott also began to attend local Orange County punk rock shows seeing bands like Social Distortion during his teen years. Corey played guitar, and he and Scott quickly formed a postpunk band called Awkward Positions. The two eventually formed Soi-Distant. Soi-Distant featured Weiland, Corey Hickok on guitar, bassist Dave Stokes (Scott Tubbs at one point), keyboardist Britt Willits, and drummer Lonnie Tubbs.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

"Sex Type Thing", according to Weiland, deals with abuse of power, "macho" behavior, and humanity's attitude toward women, treating them as sex objects. "Naked Sunday", according to Weiland, "is about organized religion. About people who tell others what to do and what to believe. They switch off people's minds and control the masses. It gives me a feeling of isolation, when I think about it. Organized religion does not view everyone as equals." ※ 『Scott Weiland』は人物名、『Sex Type Thing』『Naked Sunday』は曲名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Former STP frontman Scott Weiland just recently embarked on the second leg of his “Purple at the Core” tour with his solo band, The Wildabouts. He recently had the chance to chat with Alan Sculley of HamptonRoads to reminiscence on STP's early days and provide a hint at what's to come for his solo career. When inquired about the band's disparate recording of their 2010 reunion album, Weiland said “No, we weren't hanging out much.” He noted that life in the band changed after the release of “Purple” in 1994. “That's kind of when it stopped. We were all chummy and all that up until then.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Weiland wrote the band's lyrics and performed vocals. In 1992, they released their first album, Core, spawning four hits ("Sex Type Thing", "Wicked Garden", "Creep", and "Plush") and leading them to becoming one of the most influential bands of the grunge movement, the music genre that was started in Seattle in the late 1980s and became rock and roll's central movement in the early-mid 1990s. ※ 『Weiland』は人物名、『Core』はアルバムのタイトル、『Sex Type Thing』『Wicked Garden』『Creep』『Plush』は曲名です。

• 大至急、翻訳をお願い致します。

“My life changed when I met him, but it was a slow kind of thing, it wasn’t like an overnight rich thing. He didn’t have a lot of friends in his life, it was very sad. That’s another alcoholic addict thing, he was very isolating, he liked to isolate. So he knew my brother, they were in rehab together, and that’s where I first met him. Then he was in rehab with my brother again two years later. It’s not that crazy statistically if you realize how many rehabs he had been to. So the second time he ended up in rehab with my brother, we were like family. That’s when he asked me to come work at the studio.” “He was just a nicer guy, he was more himself I think, more the real guy. I think he just slowly changed over time. Everyone changes over time, but he lost some of his warmth I think.”