Scott Weiland's Powerful Lyrics: Insights and Perspectives

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the powerful lyrics of Scott Weiland, the renowned musician, and their insights into societal issues.
  • Explore the themes of abuse of power, sexism, and the control of organized religion in Scott Weiland's songs.
  • Gain a deeper understanding of Scott Weiland's views on societal structures and the importance of equality.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します。

"Sex Type Thing", according to Weiland, deals with abuse of power, "macho" behavior, and humanity's attitude toward women, treating them as sex objects. "Naked Sunday", according to Weiland, "is about organized religion. About people who tell others what to do and what to believe. They switch off people's minds and control the masses. It gives me a feeling of isolation, when I think about it. Organized religion does not view everyone as equals." ※ 『Scott Weiland』は人物名、『Sex Type Thing』『Naked Sunday』は曲名です。

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

『Sex Type Thing』は、ウェイランドによれば、権力の濫用、「マッチョ」な行動、そして女性をセックスの対象としか見ない人類の女性への見方を扱っている。     『Naked Sunday』は、ウェイランドによれば、「組織化された宗教に関するものだ。いわば、人に何をせよ、何を信じろ、と言い、人の心のスイッチを切り(=自分自身でものを決める力を切断し)大衆をコントロールする。私の考えでは、(既成宗教は)孤立感を与える。組織化された宗教は、すべての人が平等だと見ないのだ。」と彼は言う。 (訳者の独り言:なかなかいいことを言う人なんですね)

tsf12
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。 そうなんですよ。この人の思考を基に制作された作品達に私自身も興味が尽きません。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

The song is about organized religion. About people who tell others what to do and what to believe. They switch off people's minds and control the masses. It gives me a feeling of isolation, when I think about it. Organized religion does not view everyone as equals.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Core, as a debut album, displayed the band's attempt to revive the album-oriented music approach of the 1970s. Striving to create an intense and emotional sound, vocalist Weiland has said that the main theme of the album is that humanity is confused, with songs like "Sex Type Thing" and "Naked Sunday" dealing with social injustice. ※ 『Scott Weiland』は人物名、『Core』はアルバム名、『Sex Type Thing』『Naked Sunday』は曲名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Stone Temple Pilots LIED about firing singer Scott Weiland as a publicity stunt ... in order to hype an upcoming concert tour ... so says Weiland, who insists the band is still 100% together. Weiland said, "STP is not broken up. It's a whole thing to try to boost ticket sales." But the way Weiland explains it sounds like he and the rest of STP don't really communicate ... and they used the Weiland "firing" to boost ticket sales for a tour they were organizing WITHOUT him. ※ 『STONE TEMPLE PILOTS(STP)』はバンド名、『Scott Weiland』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Core was released on September 29, 1992 with the lead single “Sex Type Thing.” Sex Type Thing was an anti-rape song, with Weiland singing from the perspective of a macho rapist. In a September 1993 interview with SPIN magazine Scott Weiland recalled the creation of Sex Type Thing, “Dean was out in the front yard of his house in San Diego, washing his car or something, and he was, like, listening to some old Zeppelin song [In the Light].” Dean described his memory of coming up with the guitar riff and being influenced by the Led Zeppelin song, “’Duh bug ngaow, buh-neh-neh-nah- neh-neh-nao-nhe’ except because the music was inside and I was outside, it sounded different. You know how you can hear music sometimes in a different way? I heard it ‘buh-neh-buh-neh-buh-neh,’ which is like the riff idea to ‘Sex Type Thing,’ and ran in and hit it out on the classical guitar.” Weiland's first impression of the riff was, “The first time he played it for me over the phone, it reminded me of an old-style Sonic Youth-ish kind of riff. And when he told me how he got the thing, I was tweaked. Hey, I write songs that way, too.” Dead and Bloated's guitar riff was based on an idea Scott Weiland hummed to the band, while the lyrics to “Plush” were written by Weiland and Eric Kretz while they were in a hot tub.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

What many people don't know about new Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington is his history with the band goes back to 2001. He actually sang frequently with STP during the 2001 Family Values tour which featured STP and Linkin Park. He mainly performed “Dead and Bloated,” and sang “Wonderful” as well, off of Shangri LA DEE DA. Bennington and Scott Weiland were actually friends for several years (Bennington idolized Weiland as a teenager), but I highly doubt they're sending each other Christmas cards now.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

According to People.com, former VELVET REVOLVER and STONE TEMPLE PILOTS singer Scott Weiland married his girlfriend, photographer Jamie Wachtel, Saturday night (June 22) at their Los Angeles home. It is his third marriage. "We had the most beautiful, heartfelt ceremony," Wachtel told People.com. "We all cried and laughed. Scott and I are over the moon!" Weiland met Wachtel in 2011 while filming music videos for his Christmas album, "The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year". ※ 『VELVET REVOLVER』『STONE TEMPLE PILOTS』はバンド名、『Scott Weiland』『Jamie Wachtel』は人物名、『The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year』は作品名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Weiland wrote the band's lyrics and performed vocals. In 1992, they released their first album, Core, spawning four hits ("Sex Type Thing", "Wicked Garden", "Creep", and "Plush") and leading them to becoming one of the most influential bands of the grunge movement, the music genre that was started in Seattle in the late 1980s and became rock and roll's central movement in the early-mid 1990s. ※ 『Weiland』は人物名、『Core』はアルバムのタイトル、『Sex Type Thing』『Wicked Garden』『Creep』『Plush』は曲名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

The STP tunes were performed in a professional manner, including such obscurities as "Naked Sunday," "Still Remains," and "Where the River Goes," as well as the expected standards ("Wicked Garden," "Big Empty," "Vasoline," "Interstate Love Song"). It soon became evident that Weiland isn't entirely comfortable addressing a crowd. Although he did chat between every number, he gave off the vibe of an uneasy high schooler practicing public speaking, and it wasn't always clear what point he was trying to make. ※ 『STONE TEMPLE PILOTS(STP)』はバンド名、『Naked Sunday』『Still Remains』『Where the River Goes』『Wicked Garden』『Big Empty』『Vasoline』『Interstate Love Song』は曲名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Weiland also discussed Grunge, “People called it Grunge, but it wasn't Grunge…it was going on everywhere.” Weiland seemed to be talking about how Seattle gets the most attention when it comes to the Grunge era. chloesdad said on BelowEmpty.com regarding Weiland's rants, “Definitely went on rants that made little to no sense.” ※ 『Scott Weiland』は人物名です。

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS bassist Robert DeLeo recently spoke to Bill Bodkin of Pop-Break.com about the band's decision to fire its former lead singer, Scott Weiland, and join forces with LINKIN PARK's Chester Bennington. "When you're a band that's had a career like we've had and you're considering terminating your singer, people kinda react to that like 'riiiiight' [because] I think with any band that's the person [the lead singer] people relate to the band," he said. "I felt that over time, it wasn't really about the music anymore. It was, for live purposes, the novelty of what condition Scott was going to be in. It gets very frustrating to have to be in that position with someone over that amount of years."