• ベストアンサー

英語の訳について

What was dawning----although it wouldn't reallu arrive until the 1950s------- was a sense of a separate teenage identity,with teen idols, like Frank Sinatra, and teen fads, like writing silly slogans on the outside of a beat-up car. この一文の訳を行ったのですが was が主語でそしてidolsに like Frank Sinatraがかかることぐらいはわかるのですが、うまく訳ができません。 もしわかる人がいたら教えて下さい。お願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数7

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.2

(1) reallu は really スペルミスですね。 (2) was は動詞で主語にはなりません。 陽が昇るように明らかになってきたもの‐‐‐ 実際は1950年代までは本格的では無かったが‐‐‐それは10代におけるハッキリとしたアイデンティティーの感覚、フランクシナトラのような10代にとってのアイドルの(登場からよくわかる)および、ぼこぼこの車のボディーに馬鹿げたスローガンを書くような熱狂であった。 のような感じ。英語はまともに頭から訳して行ったほうが楽なことが多いです。 アイデンティティーはもう日本語で良いのではないでしょうか。 それまでは大人に従属する集団で自立した自我を発揮する年代ではなかった10代が集団として共通の好きなものや行動を持つようになって他の年代と明確に区別されるようになった頃の話をしていると思います。 What was dawning was identity.が骨です。 本当の主語はアイデンティティ 形式上の主語はWhat What was grateful was...「悲しいこと~」 What makes me angry is...「腹立つこと~」など

zassoukun
質問者

お礼

そうです reallyはスペルミスでした。 あとwasのまえまでが主語と書きたかったのですが、それでも間違いでしたね・・・。 Whatの訳しかたとか、まったくわからなかったもので、とても勉強になりました。ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• pjman
  • ベストアンサー率48% (31/64)
回答No.1

この文章だけで適切な回答はできませんが、 主語自体は、"a sense of a separate teenage identity" ではないでしょうか。 つまり、平たい文章に直すと以下のようになると思います。 A sense of a separate teenage identity was dawning, with teen idols, like Frank Sinatra, and teen fads, like writing silly slogans on the outside of a beat-up car. ほとんど自信がありませんが、おおよそ以下のような訳になるのではないでしょうか。 「(1950年代まではあまり認識されることはなかったが)フランク・シナトラのようなティーンエージャーのアイドルおよびおんぼろ自動車の外側に愚かなスローガンを書くようなティーンエージャーの一時の流行とともに、(大人や子供という分け方から)区別される十代の独自性という感覚が理解され始めた」 間違っているかも知れませんが、多少でもヒントになれば幸いです。

zassoukun
質問者

お礼

すみません返事遅くなって。 ありがとうございます。 なるほど、書き換えた文章はとてもわかりやすいですね。 訳もとてもわかりやすいです。 ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英語のジョークと訳を教えてください!

Sentence While we're browsing in a store supplied with merchandise made by inmates of Marquette Penitentiary in Michigan, we came upon a greeting card designed by one of the prisoners.On the face of the card was part of a message: 'I'd write more often, but...' The inside page, decorated with a sketch of a striped -suited, ball-and-chained prisoner, said : '... it takes so long to finish a sentence. Contraction My wife was in labou with our first child.Things were going pretty well when suddenly she began to shout,'Shouldn't, couldn't,wouldn't, didn't,can't!' 'Doctor, what's wrong with my wife ?' I asked. 'She's having contractions, silly.' 宜しくお願いします!!

• 英語訳お願いします!!!

英語訳お願いします!!! Justin Bieber shows off his boarding skills in the April 2010 issue of Teen Vogue. As a part of the 2010 biggest music breakouts feature, the 16-year-old told the mag that there’s a movie on the way of how he made it big. Justin shared, “We’re trying to set up a movie for me in the near future?it’s going to be similar to the story of how I got discovered. Kinda like my own version of 8 Mile.” TELL JJJ: Would you go see a Justin Bieber-inspired movie?

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

You might be cool. But you're not Frank Sinatra stepping out of a helicopter cool. Sorry

• 英語訳お願いします。

どなたか、英語が堪能な方お願いします。 (1) This is charcoal. I like barbeque very much. I often have barbeque party with my family and friends in summer. It is really fun and dish is very delicious. (2) This is an autographed ball. I was given an autograph by Mr.Yoshinobu Takahashi in Yomiuri Giants. It is genuine. I like baseball since long ago. My father watched Major League games on TV in the weekend and I came to like it affected by that. (3) These are vegetables. I am working as a part time worker at the grocery store. All worker are friendly and cheerful and I am happy to work. My job is easy. (lol) Good points to work there are that hourly pay is high and I can eat many fresh fruits. (4) This is a savings bank in the form of Jizo (a guardian deity of children). It has good touch and I like it. No money is in it. (lol) (5) This is a seal. I bought it when I went to the trip to Beijing, China. It was made of crystal and by craftsman’s hands. I like it very much but have never used. (lol) (6) This is a photo of Tenanmon. It was very cold on the day I took this photo. It was very wide and the building had sense of history. Here was also a location site of the movie "Last Emperor." (7) This is a ticket of the World Cup. I went to the World Cup 2006 in Germany. I saw the game between Japan and Brazil and was very excited. Dortmund in Germany had very beautiful street and very tasty baked sausage 長文すいません・・・

• 英語が堪能な方 訳をお願いできますか?

I: We hung out about six months ago or so. CS: I was like I've been here before and I came in the back way. I: You did exactly the same thing. And the last time you were here, I think you had about a hundred thousand followers on Twitter. CS: Yeah I'm at like 500 and it goes up like 5,000 a day and I'm like wow. I: At the Cody Simpson, talk to me about how this happened. Of course you were found on YouTube by mediators. CS: Yeah I was found I think it was two thousand and was the end of two thousand and nine. Um like October 2009. I had this producer was just like send me messages to Myspace I think it was and he was just like I think you're really talented why don't you come over and record some songs for me. So he flew me and my dad over and we just gotten in a studio and see what happen and.. I: Next thing you know. CS: Yeah it just it just went like that. I: And you teamed up with Flo Rida with..

• 英語再勉強者です。 添削をして頂けるとありがたいです。 よろしくおねが

英語再勉強者です。 添削をして頂けるとありがたいです。 よろしくおねがいします。 Today was to work outside after a long time. But I was sorry it was rain. When the work of am was end, we consider whether we would come back our office or not. As the result, we continued to work outside. After working outside, we came to an office my boss worked by last April. I and my coworker were introduced to his some companies and went to drink with them. I like to drink with the people of first meeting. But I couldn’t enjoy today’s drink. Probably I think I don’t like a double personality. Though I should change such my thinking, I can’t do so. I am going to hate me.

• 英語 訳

現在学部3年生です。 独自に英語を勉強しようと思い、前回も此方のサイトで質問させて頂いたのですが、今回はこの段落がどうしても巧く訳す事ができません。 In 1920, the fight to gain equal rights for women scored a major success when their Constitutional right to vote, granted in 1918, fi-nally came into force. Among the other successes of first wave femi-nism was yet another new type of women-a young, urban, career-oriented women who quickly be-came a cultural stereotype known as the flapper. The flapper rejected Victorian notions of what a women was, and developed her own style. She wore shorter bobbed hair, with strands of pearls over plain, shorter dresses that deaccentuated her curves; she smoked and danced in public; and she even had sex outside of wedlock. 一様単語訳としては、「scored a major success=大成功を収めた」 「Constitutional=憲法上の」 「came into force=実施された」 「career-oriented=キャリア志向の」 「deaccentuated her curves=体の曲線を目立たせなかった」 と訳してみました。 (2行目のAmong the other successes がよく分かりません…)。 また、フラッパーとは1920年代に一世を風靡した女性像、そうした女性の役柄だそうで、ショートヘアとミニスカート、タバコと酒、そして性的奔放さで自由を表現したそうです。 英語が得意な方がいらっしゃいましたら、巧くまとまった訳をぜひご教授頂けないでしょうか。 誤字脱字が御座いましたら、ご指摘の方よろしくお願い致します。

• 訳をお願いします!

You Wouldnt Think I Was Mature If You Hungout With Me, I'm Silly And Do Stupid Things. I Have A Son So I Have To Try To Be Mature. What Do You Mean Japanese Is Immature!?? I Think Your Soo Gawjus, You Look Just Like A Doll..Porcelin Skin..I Fucking Love It. <33 これをよろしくお願いします!

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

I was standing on the south side of the tracks by the bakery.I always stop in there on my way home from the supermarket.I like their bread rolls.The barries were coming down, and as usual a few people were running across at the last minute. They shouldn't , but it's understand ble.At that time of the morning there are a lot of trains. You can be stuck there for a long time.Anyway, it's quite a wide crossing, so people my age just wait.We walk so slowly, we'd never get across in time!That's why I was surprised when this old lady pushing a bicycle started to cross. She got about half way when she just seemed to freeze.I don't know why.

• 英語が堪能な方! 訳をお願いできますか?

I wanna try a song about being blonde, blondes. I was trying to think okay what I have to say. Well, I'm a blonde and blondes are more fun. There is several against them. I decided to play with it and I get sick out of it at the same time. I am totally forgot 'o person and I know that. So it's like yeah, I'm blonde so I'm sorry and I get kind of quirky. But you know, I don't consider myself a domb person. So it was just like this is what I'm like as an individual. And yes, there is a label being blonde but it doesn't define me. I wanna try the song 'bout being blonde. They showed me this track and I really liked it and just kind of singging along to it, singging with it and the song just flew pretty quickly.