英語のジョークと訳を教えてください!

このQ&Aのポイント
  • While we're browsing in a store supplied with merchandise made by inmates of Marquette Penitentiary in Michigan, we came upon a greeting card designed by one of the prisoners. On the face of the card was part of a message: 'I'd write more often, but...' The inside page, decorated with a sketch of a striped-suited, ball-and-chained prisoner, said : '... it takes so long to finish a sentence.
  • My wife was in labou with our first child. Things were going pretty well when suddenly she began to shout, 'Shouldn't, couldn't, wouldn't, didn't, can't!' 'Doctor, what's wrong with my wife?' I asked. 'She's having contractions, silly.'
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英語のジョークと訳を教えてください!

Sentence While we're browsing in a store supplied with merchandise made by inmates of Marquette Penitentiary in Michigan, we came upon a greeting card designed by one of the prisoners.On the face of the card was part of a message: 'I'd write more often, but...' The inside page, decorated with a sketch of a striped -suited, ball-and-chained prisoner, said : '... it takes so long to finish a sentence. Contraction My wife was in labou with our first child.Things were going pretty well when suddenly she began to shout,'Shouldn't, couldn't,wouldn't, didn't,can't!' 'Doctor, what's wrong with my wife ?' I asked. 'She's having contractions, silly.' 宜しくお願いします!!

• 英語
  • 回答数4
  • ありがとう数0

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Him-hymn
  • ベストアンサー率66% (3489/5257)
回答No.3

sentence (刑期) ミシガンにあるMarquette刑務所の受刑者が作った商品を入荷している店の中を見て回っているとき、受刑者の一人が作ったグリーティング・カードに出くわした。そのカードの面にはメッセージの部分があって「もっと頻繁に手紙を書きたいがーー」とあり、縦じまの囚人服に、重りを鎖でつながれた囚人の絵が装飾されていて「しかし、センテンス(文と刑期をかけている)を終らすのに時間が長くかかるので」と書いてあった。 →このジョーク知っていました。有名ですが面白いと思います。 contraction(陣痛) 妻は、最初の子供の陣痛がきていた。ことは上手く運んでいたが、とつぜん彼女は叫び出した! Shouldn't, couldn't, wouldn't, didn't,can't! お医者さん、妻はどうしちゃったんですか?と私が尋ねると、「ばかだね。彼女はコントラクション(陣痛と短縮形をひっかけている)が始まったんだよ。」 つまり、should not, could notなどの短縮形(contractions)を並べて、contractionsが始まったというわけ。 以上、ご参考になればと思います。

pinkpink111
質問者

補足

回答ありがとうございました!!

その他の回答 (3)

• purunu
  • ベストアンサー率42% (518/1214)
回答No.4

1. sentenceに「文章」と「刑期」の意味があるのにかけている。 2. contractionに文法的な短縮(could notをcouldn'tというなど)と、痙攣によるひきつりが あるのにかけている。

pinkpink111
質問者

補足

回答ありがとうございます!

• dorian337
  • ベストアンサー率51% (158/305)
回答No.2

ご自分で以前ご質問されているので検索すれば出て来ますよ http://okwave.jp/qa/q8585656.html

pinkpink111
質問者

補足

間違えて投稿してしまいました… 回答ありがとうございます!

• agnler
  • ベストアンサー率28% (53/183)
回答No.1

ええと、以前の質問についた回答では理解できなかったんですか? http://okwave.jp/qa/q8585656.html

pinkpink111
質問者

補足

間違えて投稿してしまいました… ご指摘ありがとうございます!

関連するQ&A

• 和訳をお願いします!(翻訳サイトはなしで!)

次の文の和訳とジョークの部分を教えてください! 1Sentence While we're browsing in a store supplied with merchandise made by inmates of Marquette Penitentiary in Michigan, we came upon a greeting card designed by one of the prisoners.On the face of the card was part of a message: 'I'd write more often, but...' The inside page, decorated with a sketch of a striped-suited, ball-and-chained prisoner, said: ' ... it takes so long to finish a sentence. 2 Contractions My wife was in labour with our first child. Things were going pretty well when suddenly she began to shout, 'Shouldn't, couldn't, wouldn't, didn't, can't!' 'Doctor, what's wrong with my wife?' I asked. 'She's having contractions, silly.' よろしくお願いします!!

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

My incredible husband of two years has a 4-year-old daughter with his ex-wife. I have actively helped raise "Christie" since she was barely a year. We haven't communicated with the mother since the time we took her to court for refusing visitation, but my husband and I have always provided for Christie in every way possible, above and beyond the court-ordered child support. We haven't communicated with the mother since the time we took her to court for refusing visitation, but my husband and I have always provided for Christie in every way possible, above and beyond the court-ordered child support.の訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英語のジョークと訳を教えてください!

Homophone When we moved to northen California, my husband began deliberating about buying a sailboat. He struggled over our budget, and nagged me for help in his decision.I told him that it was strictly his choice to make, that I was with him either way, but he had to decide. One morning, as he hurried out the door on his way to work, I waved and said, 'Bye.' He broke into a big grin and called over his shoulder, 'I was hoping you'd say that!' Him& Hymn A woman had been very faithful in attending all her church's services for many years, and the minister wanted to reward her.At the next Sunday-evening service he announced, 'For her loyalty to the church, we shall reward Miss Jones by letting her pick three hymns for the evening.' 'Oh, goody!' exclaimed Miss Jones. And, pointing to various members in the congregation, she said, 'I'll take HIM and HIM and HIM.' 回答宜しくお願いします!!

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

One of my best girlfriends (we're in our 40s and 50s) has started dating a former lover of mine. Because I'm a private person, my friends possibly knew of him -- I'm single -- but didn't press for details. They all know him independently through a group affiliation we share. 最後のセンテンスの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英語の訳、お願いします。

至急お願いします。 誰か訳して下さい。 why did you wait so long to tell me I asked you before what you wanted to do and it lead up all the way here because both of us can't communicate so well being with you this summer my feelings for you grew day by day but this relationship is just a pause to me .. yea my love was real too .. i am going to miss my 2013 summer with you .. i dont know why the whole time we talked about the things we did.. but it was an encounter and an experience, because it was with you. thanks babe

• 英語長文の添削お願いします。

自分で余暇の過ごしかたについての英文を作成してみましのたで、長文で面倒くさいかもしれませんが、英語に詳しい方がいらっしゃいましたら添削をお願い致します。 英文で変な部分がございましたら、バシバシご指摘下さい。  My favorite leisure is to spend with my wife.  My leisure I spend with my wife change weather. When it’s fine, we make it a rule to go out sometimes. Since it is very tired with daily work, I would like to bask in sunlight and to reduce stress. There is the park that dog can enter in neighborhood. We have a toy poodle and go for a walk in the park with my dog. We spend to play to throw a ball with dog and play catch and eat a picnic lunch that my wife cooks early morning. If We become very sleepy, We can take a snap on the blanket or a park bench. Also, When it rains, as we can’t go out, we spend to watch movie on DVD. Because both me and my wife like American culture, we always watch Western movie. When we watch Western movie, we always watch not due into Japanese but English conversation with English title. Consequently, We can learn English with watching Western movie.  In this way, I spend with my wife at leisure. Because I can spend the special loved woman, I’m soothed the soul at leisure.

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

I was standing on the south side of the tracks by the bakery.I always stop in there on my way home from the supermarket.I like their bread rolls.The barries were coming down, and as usual a few people were running across at the last minute. They shouldn't , but it's understand ble.At that time of the morning there are a lot of trains. You can be stuck there for a long time.Anyway, it's quite a wide crossing, so people my age just wait.We walk so slowly, we'd never get across in time!That's why I was surprised when this old lady pushing a bicycle started to cross. She got about half way when she just seemed to freeze.I don't know why.

• 訳をよろしくお願いします

My wife has costly cosmetic procedures done, frequent massages and alternative therapies, and is liberal with donations to good causes. I hold in my anxiety over the expenditures. 最後のセンテンスの訳をよろしくお願いします

• 英語の訳をお願いします!!

I was in the cafe by the north entrance to the station, reading my paper and having a coffee .I had an appointment with a client nearby and I was killing time because I'd arrived half an hour early.I suddenly heard a terrible shout, and when I looked out of the window,I saw that a woman was in the middle of the crossing. I assumed she'd fallen off her bicycle because it was lying on the tracks and all her shopping had come out of her basket.People were calling out to her from the road.Some were telling her to stay put and others were telling her to get off the crossing. She didn't seem to know what to do.She just say there.One of the waiters in the cafe saw this and ran out to get her.

• 英語のジョークと訳をお願いします!!

Taboo Word Prepairing for the most important presentation of his life, a sales rep went to his psychiatrist and asked for help. 'I'll implant a hypnotic suggestion in your mind,'said the psychiatrist.'Just say 'One-two-three,' and you'll give the most brilliant presentation of your life. However, don't say 'one-two-three-four,' because if anyone says that, you'll freeze up, lose your train of thought and make a complete fool of yourself.' The sales rep was ecstatic.He tried it at home and gave his family a fabulous presentation.He tried it at work, and his colleagues replied with a standing ovation. Then came the big day. Everything was set up in the boardroom and the CEO signalled him to start.The sales rep whispered under his breath, 'One-two-three.' Then the CEO asked,'What did you say 'one-two-three' for? 宜しくお願いします!!