appear の解釈

このQ&Aのポイント
  • 伝記作家が2冊の小説を持って現れたら、その理解は合っているのか疑問です。
  • 質問文章の主人公である伝記作家が2冊の小説を持って現れる場合、その解釈が正しいか不確かです。
  • 「I appear with two」という表現が使われている場合、伝記作家が2冊の小説を持って現れることを指している可能性があります。
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

appear の解釈

添付ファイル文章 for if I, that is, the biographer himself, think that even one novel may, perhaps, be unwarranted for such a humble and indefinite hero, then how will it look if I appear with two; and what can explain such presumption on my part? に関する質問です。 I appear with twoは「伝記作家が2冊の小説を持って現れたら」という理解で合っているのか自信が無いです。解説宜しくお願いします。

noname#252302
noname#252302
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9724/12096)
回答No.1

以下のとおりお答えします。 >添付ファイル文章 for if I, that is, the biographer himself, think that even one novel may, perhaps, be unwarranted for such a humble and indefinite hero, then how will it look if I appear with two; and what can explain such presumption on my part? に関する質問です。 I appear with twoは「伝記作家が2冊の小説を持って現れたら」という理解で合っているのか自信が無いです。 ⇒お訳どおりの解釈でいいと思います。全く仰せのとおりです。 「このような地味で不定型な英雄を一冊の小説に登場させるだけでもまずいと思い悩んでいるのに、それを二冊にわたってヒーロー扱いしたらどう思われるだろうか」といった心境じゃないでしょうか。 原文と訳文はこうなります。 Thus my original difficulty becomes even more complicated: for if I, that is, the biographer himself, think that even one novel may, perhaps, be unwarranted for such a humble and indefinite hero, then how will it look if I appear with two; and what can explain such presumption on my part? 「こうして、私の初期からの困難はますます複雑になりました。というのも、私つまり伝記作家自身が、このような地味で不定型な英雄には、おそらく一冊の小説さえも相応しくないと考えているとしたら、二冊も持って登場したらどう見えるだろうか。加えて、このような思い込みを私の側からどう説明したらよいだろうか。」

noname#252302
質問者

お礼

分かりやすくこまやかなニュアンスを解説してくださりありがとうございました。そのためしっかり理解することができました。わたしの質問にたくさん回答してくださりありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• この文の解釈に困っています。。。

サイトの人からメッセージをもらったのですが、訳を教えてください。自分なりにやってみましたがわからないとこが多いです。。すみあmせんおねがします i was very happy that you are intrested in other cultures as well as for me i have always had a love for the Japanese culture it was how i was raised i have family members that are of asian decent ask me anything you want and if you want to get in contact with even more my e-mail address is ........... 私はあなたが他の文化に興味があるということでうれしい。私はいつも日本の文化が好き??だ。ここからがわかりませんでした。なにか質問?あるなら聞いて。もし連絡取りたいなら私のアドレスは・・・・・です。 おねがいします。

• よろしくお願いします

A few times every week, I’ll see that my 34-year-old husband has dripped a bit in front of the toilet. It’s usually two-to-four large drops with maybe some splashy droplets around. He claims that this is just something that men do and will clean it if I point it out, but doesn’t look himself. doesn’t look himselfはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 【英文→日本語】和訳をお願い致します。

2つの文章を長文ですが、訳して頂けたら幸いです。 お手数をお掛け致しますが、よろしくお願い致します。 ※文章は、非英語圏の友人が書いてます。 ⚫文章(1) In life, everything happens. And in such situations, perhaps, it helps only the idea that all your stay with you. And all your people will stay with you. If they leave, then they were not your people. I hope you and him will get better. And if not, then life does not end due to the fact that someone is leaving. We must live and look forward. ⚫文章(2) I worked in the city administration. Yes, you can probably say that it was often boring. But I am glad that I worked there, it was a good and very useful experience.

• 和訳お願いします

Yes, no matter how right the wall may be and how wrong the egg, I will stand with the egg. Someone else will have todecide what is right and what is wrong; perhaps time or history will decide. If there were a novelist who, for whatever reason, wrote works standing with the wall, of what value would such works be?

• 関係代名詞のぶん

この2文の違いが分からないです。 This is the best novel he wrote that I have ever read. This is the best novel he wrote and that I have ever read. andが入ると何故意味が変わるのでしょうか?

• この英文は、どう解釈すればよいでしょうか?

こんにちは。 Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix [UK, adult版]p.917 下の方のダンブルドアの会話からです。 少し長いですが、引用させていただきます。 ハリーをなぜハリーの母親の妹の家に預けたかをダンブルドアが説明している部分の一部です。 "My answer is that my priority was to keep you alive. You were in more danger than perhaps anyone but I realized. Voldemort had been vanquished hours before, but his supporters – and many of them are almost as terrible as he – were still at large, angry, desperate and violent. And I had to make my decision, too, with regard to the years ahead. Did I believe that Voldemort was gone forever? No. I knew not whether it would be ten, twenty or fifty years before he returned, but I was sure he would do so, and I was sure, too, knowing him as I have done, that he would not rest until he kill you." 質問は2点あります。 1. "You were in more danger than perhaps anyone but I realized."について 日本語訳では "君がどんなに危険な状態にあるかを認識しておったのは、わしだけだったじゃろう。" とあるのですが、なぜこのような日本語訳になるのでしょうか? "You were in more danger than perhaps anyone." だと "君は他の人よりもっと危険な状態にあった" となると思うんですが、そこに"but I realize"がつくとなぜ上記のような訳になるのか教えてください。 2. " I was sure, too, knowing him as I have done, that he would not rest until he kill you."について この文の" knowing him as I have done"に関してです。 日本語訳では"あやつを知るわしとしては"となっているのですが、やはり、なぜこのような意味になるのかわかりません。 "knowing him"(あやつを知っている)、as (~のように)、I have done と分けて考えてみたのですが、最後の I have doneはどう解釈すればよいのでしょうか? 教えてください。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英文解釈について質問があります 11/26

In a way, it may have been this inspiring because you approached the sessions without too much pressure, happy to recording „nothing“ if nothing presented itself. How do you balance this attitude with the underlying idea and perhaps even urge of recording an album? Would it have been an option to actually end up with „nothing“? この質問が何を意図しているのかいまいちわかりません。おそらく本題はHow do you balance this attitude with the underlying idea and perhaps even urge of recording an album? Would it have been an option to actually end up with „nothing“? ここだとはおもうのですが・・・。 ”どうやってこの「なにもしない」というアイデアと、レコーディングしたいという欲求とのバランスをとったのですか?「何もしない」というのは選択だったのでしょうか?” この文章は、何が言いたいのかというと、「何もしないということでセッション時のプレッシャーから解放された。何もしない事と、レコーディングの欲求とどうやってバランスをとっているのでしょうか?」こんなことを言いたいのでしょうか? I guess it would have, yes. At some point we stopped pressuring ourselves to get it out and ready. This was just because it didn´t happen that way, and not because of hours and hours of zen practice... And you're right, that contained a certain potential for "nothing". But we are lucky, and we have a new album out, with a label we really like a lot ! こちらはその質問に対する答えです。 その答えは、「イエス」と言えるだろうね。いくつかの点で、俺たちは自分自身にプレッシャーをかけるのをやめたんだ。(get it out and readyがピンとこない) This was just because it didn´t happen that way, and not because of hours and hours of zen practice... それと、君は正しいよ。 「なにもしない」ってことはある種の可能性を秘めているからね。 しかし、俺たちは運が良いね。新しいアルバムを本当に好きなレーベルから発表出来るなんてね。 この文章に対しても、やはり自分の解釈はギクシャクしてしまいます。 なーんとなく、何をやりとりしているのかはわからなくもないです。しかし、こまかく1つ1つ見ていくと矛盾が生じます。「あれ、っていうかホントに俺が今想像しているやりとりであっているのだろうか?」 単語の意味、文法の構造などで、すぐに”迷い”が生じます・・・。どうすれば確信を持った解釈が出来るのだろうか。「結局は何を言っているのかは本人にしかわからない。だが、この英文を読む限り絶対にこうに違いない」という確信を皆さんはどこで持っていますか?もう長い間そこで悩んでいる気がします・・・。

• 英文解釈について質問があります。(2) 12/3

In how much were the experiences from your solo- and collaborational efforts directly beneficial to this process? Stefan Németh: I think I have learned from some productions that I should try really hard to be satisfied with what I do. This sometimes means that you have to find out where the weak points in your track are. Basically it is about being honest to yourself and if you are not happy than you have to do it again and again, even if it is not always a pleasant process to discard some parts of the music or even a track. But in the end this gives me a much better feeling with the final version. Florian Kmet: I refined the recording process, improved my gear and the use of different instruments during the work on my last solo CD and other projects. Personally, I come back to lokai with a clear head, when I have done something fruitful with another project. Then I feel more open to go into this special sound cosmos, and enjoy to work on those details and structures. 1.疑問文のIn how muchの部分の文法の構造を教えて下さい。 2.I think I have learned from some productions that I should try really hard to be satisfied with what I do. この文章のproductionsのあとのthatは関係代名詞ですが、productionはどこに入るのでしょうか? 意味は、何曲かを通して学ぶ事が出来たと思う。その何曲かというのは、自分が満足するために本当に真剣にトライするべき何曲ってことだよ。 こういうことが言いたいのでしょうか? 3.Basically it is about being honest to yourself and if you are not happy than you have to do it again and again, even if it is not always a pleasant process to discard some parts of the music or even a track. この文章ですが、if you are~と even if~に対する主文はどれでしょうか?it is about being~ ここですか? それと全体の意味はどうなりますか? 4.Then I feel more open to go into this special sound cosmos, and enjoy to work on those details and structures. この文章のcosmosですが、これは「秩序、調和」と解釈し、特別な音の秩序に通じるさらなる空間を感じる。そしてその細かい1つ1つ、それと構造上で作業をする事を楽しんでいるよ。 なにやらいまいちつかめないですが、解釈はこの方向で合ってますか?

• 大学受験 英作文添削

過去に質問させていただいた者です よろしければ添削お願いいたします 問題文 次のテーマについて自分の意見を80語以上の英語でまとめよ 最近何か知りたいことがあるとインターネットで検索する人がふえています インターネットさえあれば辞書や百科事典のような本はいらないと考えているようです そうした意見にあなたは賛成ですか、反対ですか  I agree with the opinion that if we can access the Internet,books such as dictionary and encyclopedia are useless. This is because thanks to the advance of technology,we can access the Internet everywhere and everytime by using computer and mobile phone. For example if you are in the train,you can access the Internet by using mobile phone. This is why I agree with the opinion that if we can access the Internet,books such as dictionary and encyclopedia are useless.

• 英文解釈に関して質問

下記の英文で I pray to Christ to say, 'Thank you for this day and my family and my health,' and now that I'm older I’ve added, ‘Please illuminate me. 1. I'm older I’ve addedとは、どのような意味ですか。 2.that I'm older I’ve added,は、(I pray to Christ to say)that I'm older I’ve added,という ことですか。 よろしくお願いいたします。