• ベストアンサー

英文の邦訳

The economics of energy was ideally suited to become an economics of measurement, for it permitted the productivity of labor to be assessed against an absolute standard. It made the labor of machines, animals, and men commensurable. 上記英文のラストセンテンスを御訳し下さい。

• jubu
  • お礼率86% (919/1061)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
回答No.1

最後の一文で良いのですよね? ま、前段・後段におまけ付きですが、 (何でもかんでも完璧な評価基準があれば) 機械であろうが、動物・人間であろうが 仕事の出来るできないを同列に比較できるでしょう。 (んなことあるわけ無いでしょ。完璧な評価基準てのが嘘くさい) ですね。 私なりに行間を読んだつもりですが、違っていたらスミマセン。

jubu
質問者

お礼

はじめまして。ご解答有難うございました。 確かに行間を読んだお訳しですが,前後の脈絡に通じます。 名訳かも知れません。 感謝申しあげます。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の構造と邦訳

It is possible to concede the difficulty of defining power in an objective manner yet still suggest that subjective reports are equally invalid. 上記英文で,It is possible to concedeが第一の構文ですが,yet still suggest の主語が見当たりません。It is possible toが二度目の主語になるのでしょうか? 邦訳もお願いします。

• 英文の邦訳

I now turn to mutual fund benchmarking. The misuse of the Index in this context appears to derive from an underlying assumption that the Index is somehow universal or neutral. It is neither of these things. 上記英文の邦訳は「ミューチュアル・ファンド・ベンチマーキングとしてのインデックスの誤用はインデックスが何か普遍的または中立的なものであるという根底に潜む仮定に由来するように思われるが,しかし実際にはそのどちらでもない」といったところでしょうが,この一節を含むにおけるにおける「universal or neutral」の位置付けは明らかにネガティブです。それに「It is neither of these things」は馴染まないのです。It is neither of these thingsに,「誤用の原因が普遍性または中立性にある」という解釈と矛盾しない意味合いは英文法上見出せないでしょうか?ご指導,どうぞ宜しくお願いします。

• 翻訳を教えて下さい

After acute anaphylaxis, patients should be assessed for their future risk of anaphylaxis, ideally by an allergist.

• 英文の邦訳の添削

In sum, the expansion of the use of indicators in global governance means that political struggles over what human rights or corporate social responsibility means and what constitutes compliance are submerged by technical questions of measurement, criteria, and data accessibility. Political debates about compliance shift to arguments about how to form an indicator, what should be measured, and what each measurement should represent. These debates typically rely on experts in the field of measurement and statistics, usually in consultation with experts in the substantive topic and in the national and international terrain. They build on previous research studies and knowledge generated by scholars. The outcomes appear as forms of knowledge rather than as particular representations of a methodology and particular political decisions about what to measure and what to call it. An indicator provides a transition from ambiguity to certainty; from theory to fact; and from complex variation and context to truthful, comparable numbers. In other words, the political process of judging and evaluating is transformed into a technical issue of measurement and counting by the diligent work of experts. 上記英文の下記の拙訳を添削願います。 「要するに,グローバル統治における指標の使用の拡張は,人権または企業の社会的責任の手段,および法令遵守を構成するものが,測定,基準,およびデータの利用可能性の技術的問題によって隠れて仕舞うことを意味する。法令遵守に関する政治的論議は指標を如何に形成するか,何が測定されるべきか,そして各測定は何を表すべきかに関する論議へと移行している。こうした論議は典型的には,測定と統計学の領域の専門家に依存し,通常実質的な話題と国家及び国際的な領域の話題についてはこれら専門家と協議する。彼等は従前の調査研究と学者が生み出した知識に基づいて事を進める。結果は特に方法論の提示や測定するものとそれに名付けるものに関する特に政治的決定よりはむしろ,知識の形態として現れる。指標は曖昧さから確実さ,理論から事実,そして複雑な変化と状況から事実に基づく比較可能な数への移行を提示する。換言すれば,判断と評価の政治的過程は測定の技術的問題および専門家による丹念な作業による集計へと移行する。」 以上お願いします。

• 英文の邦訳

From an empirical standpoint, their sensitivity to very fine connections makes it difficult to distinguish concentrated long-term from arm’s-length market-based relationships and obscures specific structures within a cloud of enormous complexity. 上記英文の和訳をお願い致します。

• 英文の邦訳を願います。

Yet Section 13(d) and its applicable rules do not only support an interpretation of mandate ownership. They place the ability to exercise de facto power above any formal legal title to the share, and make it in fact superior to any other type of ownership. The SEC has formally recognized the supremacy of the ability to exercise de facto power over any formal title to the share as a constituent element of beneficial ownership, by explicitly indicating that “the mere possession of a legal right to vote is not determinative of who is the beneficial owner inasmuch as another person has the power, whether legal, economic or otherwise to direct such voting.” 上記英文の,特に The SEC以降の邦訳をお願い致します。

• 英文の邦訳を願います。

In a scientific paper published in 1672 about “shining flesh,” Boyle inserted a narrative about the “night before,” and set up a mousetrap of his own, a fact-within-a-fact, so to speak: Yesterday, when I was about to go to bed, an amanuensis of mine, accustomed to make observations, informed me, that one of the servants of the house, going upon some occasion to the larder, was frightened by something luminous, that she saw . . . where the meat had been hung up before. Whereupon, suspending for a while my going to rest, I presently sent for the meat into my chamber, and caused it to be placed in a corner of a room capable of being made considerably dark, and then I plainly saw, both with wonder and delight, that the joint of meat did, in divers places, shine like rotten wood or stinking fish; which was so uncommon a sight, that I had presently thought of inviting you to be a sharer in the pleasure of it. (quoted in Daston and Park 1998:13) 上記英文を御訳し下さい。

• 英文の邦訳

I now turn to mutual fund benchmarking. The misuse of the Index in this context appears to derive from an underlying assumption that the Index is somehow universal or neutral. It is neither of these things. 上記英文のラストですが「これらのいずれでもない」と意味以外には訳ができないか,何方かご指導願います。(原典は,Adriana Z Robertson (2019), “The (mis)uses of the S&P 500”, (Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/) SSRN.3205235.‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬‬)です。全体の意味内容から繰り返し,普遍的ないし中立的であるという理解が誤用の元であるという文章が出てくるので,neitherは誤記で,正しくはeitherなような気がするのですが?如何でしょう。

• 英文の文構成が分からないので教えてください

Words can be combined to form an infinite set of new sentence . 「単語は、組み合わせることで無限の新しい文を作ることができる。」  主語はWords、動詞がform、目的語がan infinite set、of new sentenceが形容詞句だと思うんですが、toが何なのか分かりません。また、ofの用法についても分かりません。 宜しくお願いします。。

• 英文の邦訳

(although this was undoubtedly less of a problem in earlier years because it was possible for individuals with little or no education to earn a decent living in the manufacturing sector, an opportunity that has all but vanished in recent decades). 以上の文章の邦訳をお願いします。