16-year-old American wins $3 million in Fortnite World Cup

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A 16-year-old American named Bugha emerged as the champion of the Fortnite World Cup, taking home a staggering $3 million in prize money.
  • Bugha's victory marks the largest payout ever for a single player in the history of e-sports.
  • Even participants who scored no points in the competition received a guaranteed minimum prize of $50,000.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

下記の英文について教えてください。CNNニュース

The Fortnite World Cup has wrapped up its first-ever massive event, in New York. And some of the youngest gamers won big. A 16-year-old American who plays under the name Bugha won the $3 million top prize in the solos division. That's the largest payout for a single player in e-sports. And get this: everyone who took part in Sunday's competition, even if they scored no points at all, takes home at least $50,000 just for playing. 上記の英文で現在形を使わている部分がわかりません。 That's the largest ~ who plays under the name ~ この2つは現在にも当てはまることなので、現在形なのでしょうか? 最後の takes home ~ は全くわかりません。これは took home になるような気がするのですが、なぜ現在県が使われているのでしょうか? 教えてください。

• 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • koncha108
  • ベストアンサー率49% (1312/2665)
回答No.2

That's the largest ~ はCNNで放送、または記事にした時点でlargestだから。who plays under the name ~ は、いつもその名前でプレイしているから。 takes home に関しては、最初に遡る必要があるのですが、The Fortnite World Cup has wrapped up とありますね。フォートナイト・ワールドカップは、まだ終わったばかりのニュースの様で、興奮冷めやらぬ、余韻が残る、あるいは閉会が宣言されてまだみんな会場から出て行ったいない状態かもしれない。そうでなければwrapped up と言う表現を使うはず。 だから、賞金は手に入れたもののまだ家に持ち帰っていないのだと思います。一方で、ゲームの結果はすでに出ているのでwho took part, they scored no points と結果が出ているものに関しては過去形にしています。

okchietaro
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございます。

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

1。この2つは現在にも当てはまることなので、現在形なのでしょうか?  はいそうです。いつでもxという名前で、という感じですから。 2。最後の takes home ~ は全くわかりません。これは took home になるような気がするのですが、なぜ現在県が使われているのでしょうか?  これはyをしている人なら、点がなくても、ただ出場したというだけで5万ドルが手に入る、  という条件が揃えば、「いつでも」そうなる決まりだからです。すなわち特定の時の出来事ではなく、時とは無関係の決まりなので過去形にはならないわけです。

okchietaro
質問者

お礼

ありがとうございます。

関連するQ&A

• 下記の英文の訳し方がわかりません。

Or he may give what on face of it is a polished lecture, but one which takes for granted that the lecturer can take for granted that the class takes for granted all that he takes for granted. この英文は長文問題集の本文の下線部訳の部分を抜き出しました。最後に全文を掲載しました。(12個の文があり、番号を付けました) 疑問が2つあり、また自作の和訳も書いてみました。長くなりますが、よろしくお願いします。 1)「but one which takes for granted」の「one」が何を指しているのか、わかりません。 2)「take for granted」が4回繰り返される英文の訳し方(意味の取り方)を教えて下さい。 [自作の和訳] 「あるいは、彼はその表面上は洗練された講義をするかもしれない。 しかし、その講師が当然だと思っている全てをそのクラスの学生も当然だと思っていることを、その講師も当然だと思っているとone も当然だと思っている。」 (1)In passing from school to college the student must prepare himself for the fact that he may be going to a place in which he will receive the best education in the world by the world’s worst teacher. (2)His teachers at school had been trained to teach. (3)At the university hardly any of those who teach will have been trained to teach. (4)Their major concern will be about the advancement of knowledge. (5)They may indeed like lecturing, just because they are bursting to express their new ideas. (6)But they may lecture in a way which has no relation to well-prepared lessons which students have been accustomed to receive. (7)The university teacher may turn his back on the class and excitedly write formulas on the blackboard, all the time delivering his statements very fast which are intended to give the class some clue to what he is so excited about. (8)Or he may give what on face of it is a polished lecture, but one which takes for granted that the lecturer can take for granted that the class takes for granted all that he takes for granted. (9)To be taught by such teachers is one of the greatest educational privileges in the world. (10)But in the odd forms of communication that occur in the lecture rooms of universities, the chief responsibility is at the receiving end. (11)That is why, rather paradoxically, university education is the most advanced form of self-education. (12)The student has to find out for himself the best way of listening to lectures.

• すみませんがどなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか。

すみませんがどなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか。 自分なりに訳してみたのですがニュアンス的によく分らない箇所もあるもので。 宜しくお願いいたします。 ↓ Hi how are you? hope you are fine yes I know someone use name of okubo but it`s one of my japanise friends. but I am the one who told to do this because then i saw your message to okubo i let him to do this. because okubo will thing i`m saing to every japanise girl. if i`m married i will not fall in love with you. please undersand. please brig for us with red wine because i can not do anything without you . please take care of yourself yours forever & in love

• どなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか

ホテルのピックアップサービスに付いてのメール内容です。 ↓宜しくお願いいたします。 your single room booking and pick up service from ika airport to firouzeh hotel is confirmed. Do you have long stop over in abu dhabi city ?and can check your e-mail there ? if is ok for pick up from airport ? so please pay attention to some advices for your pick up : please wait infront of information office if you come out earlier , or driver delay , and keep my mobile phone no: 0098 - 912 - 436 1974 . if you call from iran , just dial : 0912- 436 1974 . please dont leave airport before calling me with some body else . the driver will keep a sign of your name in airport , and so you find him easily . what color of dressing you dress , do you have mobile phone no ? can you send me a sms if your flight has delay please . please don't take any driver who says i am from firouzeh hotel just see your name with him . so if i tell to driver to ask you money for transfer , please pay him . please let me know as soon as possible , please keep this phone no too: 0098 912 522 9592 , because most of time this is my driver cell phone and do my pick up service , so is better you call him at airport if you couldnot find him . the otherwise you call me , but in emergency case can call me any time . for exchange money just i give you some advices that , the rate for exchange in ika airport banks is much lower than exchange offices in city center , where is walking distance from hotel to there in ferdousi ave , for 1US$ in banks there offer you 12000 IRR , and in exchange offices :Around 19000 IRR .AND FOR Euro IN BANKS 16,000 IRR , AND IN EXCHANGE OFFICES 25000 IRR , and is ok if you won't pay my driver after arrival to hotel , can exchange later in noon and pay later or check out time to me . nice to hearing from you soon ,

• 英文を訳して下さい

At least when you're home alone under house arrest no-one can stop you turning the double 18" subs on in the kitchen while you make a fry-up. この英文を訳して下さい。お願いします

• 英文間違い探し

間違い探しです。問題一つにつき、【】のうちの一つが間違っています。ふたつともじゃなくていいので、一つでもわかったら教えていただきたいです。 1…The students 【were】 told to take 【one book each】. Anyone who took two books 【was told】 to 【return back】 the extra one. 2…Would you 【please】【don't】use flashes in the workshop【while】you【take】this factory tour? 私は、1番は 【one book each】→【a book each】で、2番は 【don't】→【not】だと思いました。

• ニュースの一文です。

Coming up on The Hub with Lyse Doucet. Angry protests spread across a number of Muslim countries against a film said to mock the prophet Mohammad. And, a sharp fall in the number of children under five dying across the world - that's according to the UN children's agency UNICEF. Join Lyse at 1700 BST. >And, a sharp fall in the number of children under five dying across the world 上の箇所のunder 以下の意味と文法を教えてください よろしくお願いします。

• 英文を和訳して下さい。

By 25 August 1914, British forces in Nigeria had moved into Kamerun towards Mara in the far north, towards Garua in the center and towards Nsanakang in the south. British forces moving towards Garua under the command of Colonel MacLear were ordered to push to the German border post at Tepe near Garua. The first engagement between British and German troops in the campaign took place at the Battle of Tepe, eventually resulting in German withdrawal. In the far north British forces attempted to take the German fort at Mora but failed and began a siege which lasted until the end of the campaign. British forces in the south attacked Nsanakang and were defeated and almost completely destroyed by German counter-attacks at the Battle of Nsanakong. MacLear then pushed his forces further inland towards the German stronghold of Garua, but was repulsed in the First Battle of Garua on 31 August.

• どなたか下記の英文を訳して頂けないでしょうか

イランのホテルに予約をした際に返信がきたメール内容です。宜しくお願いします Your single room booking and pick up service from IKA airport to firouzeh hotel is confirmed . please send a reminder e-mail 2 days before arrival day too , then i send you some advices for pick up later , do you use any messenger service like yahoo or msn messenger or skype , for talking online ? i was wondering about your itinerary that you wrote me ,is so pity for about 10 days journey just going to visit 2 cities , hut now i have a french guy who has japanese wife who would stay 10 days , i gave him advices for visiting at least tehran then shiraz and then yazd and esfahan city , then no need to come back to tehran for catching plane to home , because best bus company of iran offer vip bus directly from esfahan main bus terminal to IKA airport in different time , and many solo female even they like it , because is safe and good for saving time and money too , as you know IKA airport is 55km far from city center and that vip bus drive in 5 hours from esfahan to ika airport , and if you want to visit tehran can do in your first visit as much as you want . Are you in home now or traveling ?up to what time before flight you access to internet before flight ?

• 下記の英文を和訳して下さい。

The citation for Dartnell's VC On 3 September 1915, near Maktau, Kenya, during a mounted infantry engagement, the enemy were so close that it was impossible to get the more severely wounded away. Lieutenant Dartnell, who was himself being carried away wounded in the leg, seeing the situation, and knowing that the enemy's black troops murdered the wounded, insisted on being left behind, in the hope of being able to save the lives of other wounded men. He gave his own life in a gallant attempt to save others. The First Battle of the Isonzo was fought between the Armies of Italy and Austria-Hungary on the Italian Front in World War I, between 23 June and 7 July 1915. The aim of the Italian Army was to drive the Austrians away from its defensive positions along the Soča (Isonzo) and on the nearby mountains. Although the Italians enjoyed a 2:1 numeric superiority, their offensive failed because the Italian commander, Luigi Cadorna, employed frontal assaults after impressive (but short) artillery barrages. The Austrians had the advantage of fighting from uphill positions barricaded with barbed wire which were able to easily resist the Italian assault. The Italians had some early successes. They partially took Monte Nero (Monte Krn), took Monte Colowrat, and captured the heights around Plezzo. However, they were unable to dislodge the Austro-Hungarian troops from the high ground between Tolmino and the Isonzo, which would later form a launching off point for the Caporetto Offensive. The heaviest fighting occurred around Gorizia. In addition to the natural defenses of the river and mountains, bastions were created at Oslavia and Podgora. The fighting at Gorizia consisted of street-by-street urban combat interspersed with artillery fire. Italian troops, such as the Italian Re and Casale Brigades, were able to advance as far as the suburbs but could get no further and were driven back. They made small footholds at Adgrado and Redipuglia on the Karst Plateau south of Gorizia but were unable to do much else. On the Austrian-Hungarian side two commanders distinguished themselves: Major General Géza Lukachich von Somorja, commander of the 5th Mountain Brigade, who retook Redipuglia, and Major General Novak von Arienti who retook Hill 383 with his 1st Mountain Brigade. Early in July the commander of the Austrian Fifth Army, General Svetozar Boroević, received two reinforcement divisions, which put an end to the Italian efforts at breaking through the Austrian lines. The final Italian gains were minimal: in the northern sector, they conquered the heights over Bovec (Mount Kanin); in the southern sector, they conquered the westernmost ridges of the Kras plateau near Fogliano Redipuglia and Monfalcone. The First Battle of the Isonzo 第一次イゾンツォの戦い

• この英文の意味が掴めずで困っています・・・

以下の英文を海外の彼女から受け取りました。 何か詩的?な文章の引用かと思いますが、私の英語理解力が低くて、翻訳ソフトで変換しても、何を言わんとしているのか意味が掴めません。 長文で申し訳ないと思ったのですが、どなたか意訳できる方いましたら、分かるように解説してもらえたら大変助かります。 よろしくお願いします。 ----------------------- Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'