• ベストアンサー
  • 困ってます

Now I'm out $400

The new engine I bought for my car did not fix the problem. Now I'm out $400 and I still don't have a way to drive to work. out $400はどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

共感・応援の気持ちを伝えよう!

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 回答No.1
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15293/33009)

out $400はどのような意味でしょうか? ここの out は、下記の形容詞の4、「足りない」、「不足している」にあたります、 https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=out  (400ドルでエンジンを買ってもまだ良くならないので)400ドル不足している > 400ドル足が出た  結局「通勤に車がまだ使えないので、400ドルドブに捨てたようなものだ(泣)」という意味でしょう。

共感・感謝の気持ちを伝えよう!

質問者からのお礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• I'm going to..."from now"

英語初心者です I'm going to work "from now"の「from now 」が間違いと聞いたのですが、 正しくはどういう風に言うかご存知の方教えてください。

• walk the way out

英語圏の国で"I don't walk the way out."といった人がいました。 これってどういう意味ですか?

• outの使い方について

下記の英語の文章の★の箇所の後半部分が分かりません -------------- I don't do that much driving, you know, just to and from work, so the distance thing really doesn't matter. 私はそんなに運転しません。 せいぜい職場への行き帰り程度なので、距離はそんなに問題になりません。 ★And I also think I'll be able to get a lot of life out of the battery. ですから、バッテリーを長く使えると思います。 -------------- ★の箇所で「a lot of life=長く」という意味だと思うのですが、 out of the batteryというのがどのように訳せばいいのか?分かりません。 なぜoutなのか? outがない方が良いのではないのかな?と思うぐらいです。 ★のマークの訳の解説(特にoutの使い方)をお願いします。

• less did I know...。 didの位置がよくわかりません。

I did not even know that the British Empire is dying, still less did I know that it is a great deal better than the younger empires that are going to supplant it. の英文の意味が分からないんです…。 文全体がややこしいのに加えて、still less did I know…の部分の、didがよくわかりません。なぜ主語の前に動詞がくるのでしょうか、疑問文でもないのに…? とても混乱しています。 どうか教えてください。 よろしくお願いいたします。

• 正しい文章でしょうか? If I don't…

お世話になります。お手数ですが解説なども頂けますと大変ありがたいです。 1.正しい文章でしょうか? If I don't have my work tomorrow, I would come to the park. If I don't have my work tomorrow, I will come to the park. 2.いつ話された会話でしょうか。 partyの開始前、終了後、どちらにも使える文章でしょうか? If I were not busy, I would come to a party. どうぞ宜しくお願いいたします。

• 和訳をお願いします。

外国の方からの質問です。 ポケモンカードの購入についてなんですが和訳をお願いします。 I have just been bought 5 boxes of this set now so if you still have the cards any cards i don't have i will be happy to buy sorry about that.

• workとwork out

Last night, I received my umpteenth call from my sobbing, devastated sister (mid-20s) over yet another semi-hookup-flirty-thing guy that didn't work out. He is moving away and she found out via an announcement at work, not from him. This is a years-long pattern. She falls for jerks -- i.e., they consistently bail on plans, girlfriends still in the picture, conveniently call only on weekends -- then is utterly devastated when it doesn't work. She's convinced she is "unlovable," "boring" and "ugly" even though she is a beautiful, smart, funny, successful, athletic, kind and thoughtful person. She says things like, "I can't do this anymore," and, "I don't want to do life if this is how it's going to be." workとwork outが同じような意味で出てきていますが、違いはあるのでしょうか?どちらを使っても良いのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• I'm overruled

My brother and new sister-in-law are very religious, not to mention very conservative. My boyfriend and I are agnostic and progressive. However, I was raised in a very religious household, and growing up I attended church every Sunday and wasn't allowed to miss unless I was ill. At 18, I decided organized religion was not for me and have not been inside a church since, except for a wedding or funeral. Whenever we go out as a family, my brother and sister-in-law insist on praying out loud, whether we are in public or at home. When my mother is there, I indulge the practice, but when it's just the four of us, I prefer not to and I am uncomfortable when this occurs. I have asked twice if we could all just say a private prayer to ourselves rather than have a group prayer, but I'm overruled. indulge the practiceとI'm overruledの訳し方を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• out of

こんにちは。 I don't think that he did thie out of kindness, for he is always considerate of others. 私は彼が親切心でこうしたと思う。といのも彼はいつも人に対して思いやりがあるからだ。 とやくがのっているんですが、out of kindnessのあたりがわかりませんでした。 教えてください。 宜しくお願いいたします。

• モンキーズのI'm A Beliverの訳詞を教えてください!

モンキーズのI'm A Beliverの訳詞を教えてください! I thought love was only true in fairy tales Meant for someone else, but not for me Love was out to get me That's the way it seemed Disappointment haunted all my dreams Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer Not a trace of doubt in my mind I'm in love and I'm a believer I couldn't leave her if I tried I thought love was more or less a giving thing Seems the more I gave, the less I got What's the use in trying, all you get is pain When I needed sunshine, I got rain Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer Not a trace of doubt in my mind I'm in love and I'm a believer I couldn't leave her if I tried (instrumental) Love was out to get me That's the way it seemed Disappointment haunted all my dreams Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer Not a trace of doubt in my mind I'm in love and I'm a believer I couldn't leave her if I tried Saw her face, now I'm a believer Not a trace of doubt in my mind I'm in love, and I'm a believer