What Does 'Rail On My Ex' Mean? - Explained

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Discover the meaning of 'rail on my ex' and its significance in a breakup situation. Understand why someone would constantly talk negatively about their former partner.
  • Learn how the term 'rail on my ex' refers to expressing strong criticism, anger, or resentment towards one's ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend. Explore the reasons why individuals may engage in such behavior after a breakup.
  • 'Rail on my ex' is a colloquial phrase used to describe the act of persistently criticizing or speaking ill of one's former romantic partner. This behavior is often driven by negative emotions such as anger, hurt, or resentment.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

rail on

After three years my boyfriend broke up with me. It was sudden, completely unexpected, and the reason for the breakup seems to have less to do with the relationship and more to do with his current mental state. I am constantly fluctuating between hurt, sadness, anger, and confusion. My friends have been the best. I cannot imagined having a more supportive network. However, one of my friends has decided to rail on my ex constantly talking about how awful he was, etc. rail on my exはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

rail on my exはどのような意味でしょうか? rail は、下記の2自動詞の「(鋭い調子で)非難する」です。       https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=rail  ですから、「でも(他の友達は支持してくれるのに)友達の一人は、私の元彼について彼がどんなにひどいか、などと非難し続けるのです」ということでしょう。  要するに他の友達の支持で私はなんとか忘れかけているのに、一人だけは非難を続けて忘れさせてくれない、ということのようです。

corta
質問者

お礼

2自動詞を見落としていました。ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• gommon
  • ベストアンサー率20% (9/45)
回答No.1

rail on my exを検索すればいい

関連するQ&A

• grind on

I have recently become friends with two women from my college. I’m queer and they’re both lesbians, and I was excited to make more friends in the LGBT community. The problem is that they won’t stop hitting on me. I’m in a serious long-distance relationship with a man I love. At first I found their comments flattering, but they started going too far when they joked about “stealing” me away to my boyfriend’s face when he was visiting. One of them started grinding on me at a party and asked, “Are you wet yet?” ここでのgrind onとwet の意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• grind on

I've had a crush on my brother's friend for years. I invited him to the birthday party I threw for my brother, and I also invited my best friend. Bestie had never met Crush before, but she knew of my crush. They spent the evening together, flirting and getting more touchy-feely the more they drank. She was grinding on him by the end of the night. ここでのgrinding onはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• brought her on trips

My friend had a bad breakup last year and needed a place to stay, so I took her in, loaned her money, brought her on trips, broughtの代わりにtookでも良いでしょうか?なにか違いはあるでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• fooling around on me

I am celebrating Christmas with my fiancé for the first time, and I am very uncomfortable. His ex and her husband bring the kids over and stay, along with an ex-girlfriend whose son he helped raise for five years. And they are all OK with it! I was fine with the backyard barbecues and school plays, but this is too much for me. My fiancé says since his house is big enough for everyone to have a bed, it makes sense for everyone to stay over and enjoy the holiday without rushing around to different locations. I am not worried about him fooling around on me, but the situation seems too odd. fooling around on meはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英作文をしたのですが自信がありません。文法等の添削、内容についてのアド

英作文をしたのですが自信がありません。文法等の添削、内容についてのアドバイスをお願いします。 In recent years, there has been a lot of argument of having classes on Saturdays in elementary schools in Japan. A five-day school week started as a part of the new education system known as “yutori education” and these days it has been argued that we should do away with this system as soon as possible. But this system shouldn’t be abolished for following 3 reasons. First, it helps children to get communication ability. In Japanese elementary school, they usually don’t have discussions in the classes. They only listen to the teachers speaking at their desk, having little time to have interactive communications. It obviously prevents children from getting communication ability. But if Saturday is a holiday, they will have a lot of time to spend with their friends and families, and have a lot of time to have interactive communications. Actually, in my childhood I used to go a park to play catch with my father on Saturdays and talked a lot with him. There is no doubt that it has great effects on communication ability to talk a lot with friends and families. And it also prompts children to be independent. In school, they do only things that the teachers say to do. But when they graduate, no one tells them what to do. They have to find what to do on their own. If Saturday is a holiday, they will have more chance to know themselves, and to think about what they should do, that is, to be independent. In addition, apart from the educational problems, it will bring us economic effectiveness. If it is holiday on Saturdays, more people will go traveling with their family, and spend a lot of money on their way. Even if you don’t go traveling, we will have more chance to spend money to have pleasure. Actually, after playing catch I used to go to batting center with my father on Saturdays. There is no doubt that we use more money if children are at home than if they are in school.

• 英語の和訳をお願いします

When do you turn your cell phone off? Now I am more careful about it, but my phone was always on until I (have) an embarrassing experience last summer. I went on a vacation with my friends.  It was just my (two) time on a plane, and I was so(exciting). We got to our seats and waited for takeoff.  The flight attendants came through the aisles, making sure no one was using their phones or other electronics.  The pilot said we were ready to take off.  The plane was quiet and everyone was settling in when all of a sudden someone's phone rang. It was so (loudly).  I felt upset because I knew cell phone users were supposed to turn their phones off at that moment.  Then I heard the second ring.  It was then that I realized the ringing was coming from my bag. It was my phone! I went into a panic, and it took me a minute to find and stop the ringing. Everyone looked at me, and I felt small. I slept for the rest of the flight. Since then, I have been more (care) with my cell phone. カッコ内は文法的に正しい形じゃありません。お願いします。

• 日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか?

長文になりますが、おおまかで構わないので日本語に訳していただけないでしょうか? よろしくお願いいたします。 ………………………… In summer in the year before last, I received a mail from a person. I felt almost was make-up story but various thinks about you were written in it. I understood the contents and replied my promise not to relate with you. However, harassment to me started by your friends, staffs of (店名) and your friends I had never related and it has been continuing until now although it becomes not so often as before. Even some of my friends were harassed only because being with me. (店名) is your working place and a place for your friends to gather. I guess they hope me not to relate with you. Because I had been told about you sometimes, I had a complicated feeling when I received your message via facebook. I thought that I would select my human relation and it would be possible for me to be a friend with you but I can not be free from the wavering of my decision to relate with you as a friend if I visit (店名). I have to keep promise with your friends.... I do not know why your friends still stick to me. Because I have no relation with you now. I also have no relation with anyone who might have close relation with you. I do not know you have any engagement to such continuous sticking to me but I think it is a matter of mind of these people not of yours or mine. I am thankful to you for calling me your friend. However, considering my current position, I think that it would be difficult to be your friend. If you have good human relation now, I think that there would be no reason for you to keep on staying as my friend beyond it. What do you think about it? Please do not misunderstand. I do not take you into my confidence to hurt you. I want to tell you only why I have avoided you. If we have fate, we might be able to relate as ordinary friend.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

"I've loved STP since I was 13 years old and they've had a huge influence on me," explained Bennington. "When the opportunity came up to do something creative with them, I jumped at the chance. The guys in LINKIN PARK have been incredibly supportive of me undertaking this project while I've continued to work on new music with LP."

• joint custodyの意味

Do I have a say if I don't want my boyfriend's two children to live with us? I am childless at the moment (going to college), and do not want this to affect my budget. I am supportive, and he has joint custody. 国語の質問みたいになってしまいますが、「共同親権(きょうどうしんけん)とは、「子に対する親権を父母の双方が持っていること」。」とあります。He and she have joint custody.なら分かるのですが、he has joint custody.とはどういうことでしょうか?やさしい説明をよろしくお願いします

• 大学受験対策の自由英作文の添削をお願いします。

テーマは「今までの人生で過去のある特定の時点に戻れるとしたら、あなたはどの時点に戻り、何をしたいか。」 字数は80字前後で、第一文をifで始め、具体的に書くこと。 If I were to go back to a certain day, I would go back in my elementary school days. In those days, I was not positive and did not study hard,play with my friends. I should have challenged various things and made friends with many people. This is because many experiences make me clever and courageous, and the more friends I have, the more they help me. I think experiences and friends are by far the most important in life. 計82words 文法で間違っている箇所と文章の展開の仕方が論理的かどうか指摘して頂けると助かります^^ あと、第2文の並列構造ですが、「 , play~」でつなげ方は問題ないでしょうか? 「and play~」だとandが2回連続するので、カンマにしたのですが。 では、よろしくお願いします!