Live Out of Your Basket

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn about the concept of 'living out of your basket' and how it can help during a bedbug infestation.
  • Discover the psychological impact of dealing with bedbugs and find comfort in knowing that it is a common problem faced by many.
  • Get tips on how to cope with a bedbug infestation, such as taking your laundry to a laundromat and staying at a friend's house.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

live out of your basket

Q. Re: I’ve got bedbugs: I had bedbugs in a previous apartment and had to move out after rounds of unsuccessful treatment. On the psychological side, I hear you! Many sleepless nights were spent searching images on Google and reading forums. It helps to know that bedbugs are becoming a common problem that other perfectly clean and normal people have had the misfortune of dealing with. The bugs live in mattresses and bedding and cannot live on your skin. They die when subjected to extreme heat, so take a load of laundry to a laundromat, throw it in a dryer, and live out of your basket at a friend’s house to recoup on needed sleep while exterminators work on your house. live out of your basketとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4112/5345)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数3

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

#1です。補足です。 >> live out of your basketとはどういうことでしょうか?  live out of は、下記の live out of a cardboard box、live out of a suitcase、 live out of a wheelchair のように、ダンボールの箱、トランク、車椅子などで不自由な暮らしをするときに使います。  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=live+out+of  これはそれにかけています。ですから洗濯籠の物だけでお友達の家に居候するのは不自由とは思いますが、睡眠不足を補うにはやむを得ないということでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

live out of your basketとはどういうことでしょうか? live out of your basketとは下記のように(洗濯物の)籠から生活する > (洗濯屋の熱処理で、安心できるものだけを)籠から出して着る、と言うことでしょう。  https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=living%20out%20of%20the%20basket

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• out of mybox, out of ..訳

アメリカの記事で Nine Things Never to Say to Your Boss というのがありまして、 その中に、”But I emailed you about that last week.” (前略) Bosses hate the "out of my outbox, out of my mind" attitude. (後略) という文がありました。 「上司は『送信トレイから出ていったものは、自分の心にないという態度』を嫌う」と なんとなく意味は分かるのですが、うまい日本語訳ができません。 この箇所ですが、上記より自然で日本語らしい訳文はできないでしょうか? できる方、ぜひ回答をお願いしまいます。 一応、その前後関係のためにその項目全文を貼ります。 5. “But I emailed you about that last week.” Alerting your boss to a problem via email doesn't absolve you of all responsibility for it. Bosses hate the "out of my outbox, out of my mind" attitude. Keep tabs on all critical issues you know about -- and keep checking in until you hear a firm "You don't need to worry about that anymore."

• out of touch

I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I I overheard my older daughter telling her sister about her experience during her semester abroad—her sexual experience. She slept with nine different men, one in each country she visited. I left before I could hear more. I never thought that I was a prude, but it was unsettling to hear my baby girl has had more sex partners in a year than I’ve had in my life. I am worried about her behavior and why she would be telling this to her 16-year-old sister. My daughter has a 4.0 GPA, volunteers, and is usually a good person. Am I out of touch? ここでのout of touchはどのような意味でしょうか?辞書にそれらしき意味がないのですが・・よろしくお願いします

• hold out on

I have recently started to have some serious anger issues toward my older sister. She has had a major drug problem for years so I started to slowly cut her out of my and my husband and child’s lives. We tried it all, interventions, etc., but nothing worked. When my father passed away in 2012, it was his wish that we split everything 50/50. She started selling equipment and pocketed the money. Once I found out about it, we had a huge blowup. I started the process to open his estate and wanted to finish it as quickly as possible. She held out on things she wanted: his house, my grandparents’ home, an empty lot. hold out onはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• talk us out of it saying.

it is better to marry late rather than earlyという英作文で、その模範解答で分からない英文があったのでそれをお聞きしたいと思い、お尋ねさせていただきます。 こちらがその模範解答の一部です。 If I had someone I wanted to marry, even if I were still a college student, I could not wait. People around us, and especially our parents would say it was too early and try to talk us out of it saying that we would have financial problems. その英文で、talk 人out of というのはof の後は動名詞だと習いましたが、そうしますと it はいったいなんなのでしょうか。お分かりになる方がいましたら、回答をいただけましたら、幸いです。

• The Rest of your Life

友人の結婚式に使われていた曲だったと思います。Na LeoのThe Rest of your Lifeの歌詞ですがあなたの残りの人生に。。と意味はおおまかにわかりますが、どなたかロマンティクに訳していただけないでしょうか?歌詞の和訳サイトで探しましたが、この曲はどうしてもみつかりません。。よろしくお願いします。 What are you doing for the rest of your life? We could watch the stars at night, twinkling high above. ‘Cause I promise you, for the rest of your life I will be there by your side, I will be your love. What are you doing for the rest of your life? If you believe in destiny then how can you not see that I’ll be with you for the rest of your life. Someday you will realize we were meant to be. Time flies on guilded wings and faith in my heart it sings, but I just have to know one thing… What are you doing for the rest of your life? Cold I be the only one to know this part of you? And you will find, for the rest of your life that I will love you for the rest of mine. Yes I will love you for the rest of mine…

• Protecting Your ipad3

Following the initial investment of the ipad 3 ($499.00 - $829.00), the most important question one should ask themselves is: How can I best protect my new purchase?The answer is simple : A case (and, for me, a screen protector). Finding the right case, however, involves a far more in-depth process of how you plan to use your ipad 3. Will it stay home undisturbed except for the occasional movie in bed, or are you constantly on-the-go needing protection from jolting bus rides or the scratches of everything else you've thrown into your book bag.There are some options, including sleeves, hard cases, and soft cases. Sleeves offer lightweight protection for each day use. They routinely have zippered closures, though some sleeves simply slide in and out, and come in a variety of colors and finishes. You can find them in physical stores, online, or can choose to find a pattern and make one yourself. They do not offer much in the protection against dents, though - so if you're rougher than average on your equipment, you may want to consider different things. Hard cases offer a greater protection than sleeves do against dings and dents. By design, most of them are polycarbonate shells and therefore are lighter in weight than you would expect while still offering users use of all of the ports. A tough case ensures that your ipad 3 will stay protected while you're on the go and many of them works in conjunction with Apple's smart covers. Most of the hard cases also provide built in rotation capabilities to view your ipad in a large number of positions and provide equal protection to the front and back of the device. Most soft cases happen to be designed to double as a stand of some sort. While it won't necessarily shield you against dents like a hard case would, your ipad is considered reasonably protected with a soft case / cover combination. Some are a silicone sleeve which literally comes around the corners of your ipad to protect the corners and sides from chips that derive from dropping it and others snap into place and provide most of their protection in the form of a build in screen protector. Whatever case you wind up choosing for your ipad 3, ensure that it is going to work for your requirements. It may cost a little more than you had been hoping to spend, however in the end, it's cheaper than having to buy a new device.

• made a game out of

A new neighbor moved in across the street a few months ago. I haven’t had any contact with him but he looks to be in his early 20s, and his car has out-of-state plates. I live in a city neighborhood with weekly street sweeping, frequent roadwork, and stringent residency requirements, and as a result ticketing is quite common for people who aren’t obeying signs. This new neighbor’s car has received a minimum of two parking tickets per week during the entire duration of his residency. My SO and I have even made a game out of looking to see if he’s received any tickets each day. made a game out of looking to see ifの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• [out of]の使い方?

NHKラジオ英会話講座より I absent-mindedly poured it into the cup that my wife had been drinking orenge juice out of. ぼんやりしてて妻がオレンジユースを飲んだカップにコーヒーを入れちゃったんだ。 (質問)[out of]について教えて下さい。thatは関係代名詞なのでout of the cupだと思いますが、「・・そのカップからオレンジジュースを飲んだ」となり、fromのフィーリングでとらえています。fromと置き換えは可能ですか? 同類の例文と併せてご説明いただければ助かります。宜しくお願いいたします。 以上

• YouTubeで届いた英文が分かりまん。

YouTubeで届いた英文が分かりまん。 英文のメッセージが届いたのですが だいたいしか分かりません。 翻訳できる方お願いします!↓ WOW! Nice Vids! Heya, Earlier today I was browsing through some of your videos and I have to say, I'm impressed. I was puzzled by the fact that you had so few views, how come? I personally think that your videos are better than 99% of the stuff on here! For the first time in a while I found some videos that were pretty enjoyable to watch, kudos to you for that! :P It's weird how people would rather watch the generic, boring, dull stuff instead of something fresh, original and interesting eh? I also wanted to mention that I had the same problem as you before, but successfully got rid of it using http://hops.me/15 It sends a ton of views to your videos and helps you get ranked in the YouTube search engine. It's really good for getting the community to notice your material/channel. If you try it out right now you can get in on their free trial, it might work for you like it did for me, right? Either way, appreciate the content you're putting out, I look forward to more!

• get a hold of

I live in a different city from my long-term boyfriend, whom I love dearly. This weekend, I had far too much to drink and kissed another guy at a bar. It was a complete stranger—not someone I’m friends with, or attracted to, or anything of the sort. I have no idea what came over me, and I don’t even recognize that behavior. I did a lot of self-reflection, and I’ve decided that I need to get a hold of my drinking—I’m not a big drinker during the week, but occasionally on a weekend night I’ll binge drink. get a hold of my drinkingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします