• ベストアンサー

obsessive about RSVPs

I staunchly refuse to attend gatherings thrown by a particular friend who is obsessive about RSVPs. obsessive about RSVPsとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5368)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.1

obsessive about RSVPsとはどのような意味でしょうか? RSVP とは、ご存知の通り「ご返事ください」という意味です。  https://eow.alc.co.jp/search?q=rsvp  返事くれ返事くれと病的にうるさくてたまらない友人がいるんですけど、その人が主宰する集まりには、私は、頑として決して出ない

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 添削お願いします。

TOEFLのwritingの勉強用に英文を書いたのですが自分では採点できないので添削してください。 Q People attend university or college for many different reasons. Why do you think people attend college or university. A Most of my friends say `I attend university to graduate." So, I think people attend university to graduate. There are several reasons why I believe my friends are majority. First, to graduate university you have to get enough credits and nowadays the number of teachers who never give students credit without attendance is increasing. For example, one of my friend did very well on test but he could not get the credit because he rarely attend the class. Second, to get good job and high salary it is necessary for students to graduate university. If you want to become high-ranking official, you must graduate from university.There is a big difference between who graduate university and who did not on salary. This is decided by law so even if you have high ability, but did not graduate university you can not get high salary.

• waiver

I am a Christian who is passionate and vocal about being an ally to the LGBTQ community. I have close family members and friends who are part of that community, so I never waiver in my support or understanding. ここでのwaiverはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 英文が正しいか教えてください。

英文が正しいかどうか教えてください。 First, I talk about my friends. We can meet new person in school. And we can favor them. I didn’t know anybody when I went to high school at first time. I wanted to make friends. So I was speaking her who next to me sat down. Now we are friends. But we don’t always talk. Then I thought her who is very kind by external appearances. Of course, she is kind. But rather than she is very cheer up. I can’t know she is very cheer up only external appearances. I know that I talked to her a lot of things. Then I judge a person by external appearances. But, the fact, she is very cheer up. この初めの文のfirstは、firstよりもfirstlyの方がいいのでしょうか? 違いがあれば、教えてください。 あと、訂正などあれば教えてほしいです。

• 意味を教えてください

I have been pet sitting for a good friend for several years now when she is out of town. I love her pets, and the extra money is always welcome. In the past year or so, I have become more particular about housekeeping in my own home. I find that I am grossed out by things in her home that did not used to bother me: unswept floors, mildew in the shower, pet hair on the sofa and beds, etc. Her house is neat enough, but grubby around the edges. particular about housekeepingとgrubby around the edgeの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 英作文の添削

What kind of person do you think makes a good friend? という問題に50字程度で解答する問題です。文法や単語の使い方が間違っていないか見てください。 I think I can make a good friends who is have own mind.It is because I can have good trust on he/she,and I don't care about how many friends have,but the deep and forever relation,andI have a friend who she is.

• マクベスの英文について

It's about a man who is destroyed by his overwhelming desire to become king; about his wife who is driven mad to the point that she sleepwalks trying to get imaginary bloodstains off her hands. この英文の2行目から、どう訳していいのか分かりません。 解説して教えて下さい。よろしくお願いします。

• どのような意味でしょうか

I have a college friend who is getting married this fall. (I found out about the engagement from a mutual friend and a subsequent email blast from the engaged friend.) I haven’t really spoken to Engaged Friend in the last year due to a history of minor slights and her overall sense of entitlement. (Honestly, I’ve always known she had the potential to be an awful person, but I disregarded it because I wasn’t on the receiving end.) At the wedding, I’d be one of the few attendees who knows that the groom was engaged to another woman two years ago and used Engaged Friend as a rebound. Knowing their history and Engaged Friend’s general bad behavior doesn’t put me in a celebratory mood. I don’t mind just sitting this one out, but I am concerned I will lose our mutual friend if I don’t attend. (She asked me to coordinate flights and hotel arrangements for the wedding weekend.) I don’t know how to explain I’m not attending without speaking ill of Engaged Friend, and I’m really just over the situation. over the situationはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• About the married couple

"Separation" living seems to have increased as a recent tendency among married couples who ended what bring up a child. Why did the cause to which such a tendency happened give birth? I think that I would like you to describe if there is your idea.

• 同じ意味をつかむ be about to

ある英語での放送分でのスクリプトについて質問があります。 よろしくお願いします。 選択肢 Q1 Concerning the underlined part in Paragraph 1, (下線部)"this major public health development", what is "this major public health development"? "This major public health development " means A that polio is a paralying disease. B that polio has almost disappeared C that polio is spreading worldwide D that polio is developing worldwide 放送分 第一段落より The paralyzing disease, polio, is about to be eradicated worldwide. But experts say this majoy public health development is threatened by conficts in a number of global hotspots. 質問ですが、Bのthat polio has almost disappeared と、放送分の is about to be eradicated ...は同じことを言っているのでしょうか?B「ポリオはほとんど消滅した」と、放送文「ポリオは撲滅されようとしています」は、本当に同じ意味なのでしょうか?be about to というと to 動詞の原形なので、「まさにこれから~しようとしている」という感じで、選択肢のように「ほとんど消えている」とは違うように思います。 全訳などはなさらなくても、だいじょうぶですので。ありがとうございます。

• 英文法チェックお願いします

1 My favorite point about American education is more creative, in particular. 2 I completely felt dizzy with that sight that she had car accident on the street. 1 what you need do now is study and make an effort for your future. 2 It is always true that a hard worker achieve a goal. 3 It is not by kind words but by sincere attitudes that people are moved. 1 Whoever it was who support me when I was in trouble, I will return my favor to them. 2 Despite hard working, you were failed last exam. 3 No matter how far it is, I always think about you.