How to Handle Attending a Wedding When You Disapprove of the Engaged Friend

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Learn how to handle attending a wedding when you disapprove of the engaged friend. Understand the history between the bride and groom, and the overall behavior of the engaged friend. Consider sitting out the wedding if it doesn't put you in a celebratory mood. Communicate your decision to your mutual friend in a respectful and non-judgmental way.
  • Attending a wedding when you disapprove of the engaged friend can be challenging. Take into account the history between the couple and the engaged friend's behavior. If you feel uncomfortable and it will affect your mood, it might be best to sit this one out. Discuss your decision with your mutual friend in a tactful manner.
  • If you're faced with attending a wedding where you disapprove of the engaged friend, consider your own feelings and the couple's history. If you don't feel celebratory and it will only bring you discomfort, it's okay to decline the invitation. Communicate your decision to your mutual friend respectfully and without criticizing the engaged friend.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

どのような意味でしょうか

I have a college friend who is getting married this fall. (I found out about the engagement from a mutual friend and a subsequent email blast from the engaged friend.) I haven’t really spoken to Engaged Friend in the last year due to a history of minor slights and her overall sense of entitlement. (Honestly, I’ve always known she had the potential to be an awful person, but I disregarded it because I wasn’t on the receiving end.) At the wedding, I’d be one of the few attendees who knows that the groom was engaged to another woman two years ago and used Engaged Friend as a rebound. Knowing their history and Engaged Friend’s general bad behavior doesn’t put me in a celebratory mood. I don’t mind just sitting this one out, but I am concerned I will lose our mutual friend if I don’t attend. (She asked me to coordinate flights and hotel arrangements for the wedding weekend.) I don’t know how to explain I’m not attending without speaking ill of Engaged Friend, and I’m really just over the situation. over the situationはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4131/5367)
  • 英語
  • 回答数2
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"I'm really just over the situation." 「私は今、まさにその状況の中に置かれている。」 ではないでしょうか。 I don’t know how to explain I’m not attending without speaking ill of Engaged Friend, and I’m really just over the situation. 私が(結婚式に)参列しないことを、婚約者を誹謗せずに(共通の友人に)どう釈明したらよいのかわかりません。そして私は今、まさにその状況下にあるのです。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

その他の回答 (1)

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

over the situationはどのような意味でしょうか?  これだけでは「(この状況の)上方に」あるのか「(この状況の)終わりに」あるのかわかりませんが、決め手はすぐ前の just ではないかと思います。 新婦の悪口を噴出させない所までやっと漕ぎつけた(コテンパンにやっつけてやりたい状況が終わった)ばかりで、祝辞などにはまだ程遠い、ということでしょう。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 意味を教えてください

When my fiancé and I got engaged, it became apparent that he wanted a large wedding with all his friends and family, and I wanted to elope. I agreed to have the large wedding because it was so important to him (the words “devastating my family” were used quite a bit) on the condition that he would handle at least 90 percent of the tasks involved. I have a very demanding job working 60-hour weeks, and I just don’t have the time. It’s now three months to the wedding, and he has barely done anything. The invites are supposed to go out in a less than a week (it’s a destination wedding) and he hasn’t even started stuffing or addressing the envelopes, despite the fact that I’ve reminded him several times. The invites are supposed to go out in a less than a weekとstuffing or addressing the envelopesの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I’m good friends with a recently married couple, “Mary” and “Mike.” They are great separately, but they have a tumultuous relationship that makes all of our mutual friends uncomfortable—they bicker constantly and put each other down in front of friends (we are all in our 30s and not prone to drama). not prone to dramaはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 意味を教えてください

A few months ago, I started dating a really great guy. I consider it my first “adult relationship.” I had a handful of flings in college, but either I’d be trying to force the situation to fit a narrative in my head that wasn’t really happening (i.e., the guy didn’t like me that much), or I’d be detached and uninterested enough that whoever I was seeing couldn’t hurt me if he was uninterested too (which often ended in my discovering deeper feelings and getting hurt, anyway). force the situation to fit a narrative in my headの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• よろしくお願いします

I am in my early 30s, and a few months ago I moved to a new city where, through a mutual acquaintance, I met a great man who I had a lot of chemistry with. Shortly thereafter he got engaged to his then-girlfriend. I have become relatively close with both of them, and they are both amazing halves of the couple. halves of the coupleとはどういうことでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• claimの意味

My fiancé and I are marrying next spring. We both have large families and so have a limited number of friends on the guest list. Recently, a number of acquaintances have assumed they are invited to the wedding. Some of these assumptions come through social media (posting things like “Can’t wait to be at your wedding!” on my Facebook wall). Others have happened when I’ve run into neighbors or old school friends while visiting my hometown. Some have joked “I know I’m on the guest list, right?” or simply said “John and I are excited to be there.” So far, I’ve just deflected the comment or changed the subject without making any promises. What is the best and kindest way to let people know they aren’t invited, whether online or in-person? I can’t claim a small wedding because, well, it’s not. I can’t claim a small weddingはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I got pregnant as a teenager and gave the child up. The child is now grown and knows who I am. We don’t have much of a relationship; his family is his family. But that’s not exactly my problem. When the situation was fresh, I was quite open about it. When the situation was freshとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• どのような意味でしょうか

I am 15, have ADHD, and am currently enrolled in an online school and taking a college course. My father is in the last stages of ALS, more commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. He has a tracheotomy and everything. A few months ago we moved to a new state because my father is dying and we want him to spend his last days with his family. I have been living with this for five years now. I don’t really have too many experiences making friends; I either get down shot, dropped, their parents get in the way, or they just don’t call. I have made a few online friends, but none IRL. It never really impacted me as much as one would think, but for the last few years I have been keeping to my thoughts a lot. I may also have a certain form of autism (HF) as well. I either get down shot, droppedとkeeping to my thoughtsはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• なぜ進行形ではないか

Two years ago I moved to a beautiful suburb where there is no social life for someone under 40 without kids. I’ve mostly counted on my friends online. My best friend had also been living somewhere where she didn’t have a big social life, and we were both fairly depressed. I felt we were really close, and we talked almost every day online and a couple of times a month on the phone. A month ago she moved to New York City, where she now lives with an old friend and has many other friends nearby. She got a pet she loves and is doing really well in her field, and her depression is improving. I’m really happy for her. But she hasn’t spontaneously contacted me since she moved. I messaged her once, and her replies were monosyllabic. She hasn’t really engaged with me on social media, although she’s been more active than ever. I miss her, and I feel incredibly alone and depressed. I’ve cried for days about this. Our mutual friend thinks she’s just busy, but I suspect she doesn’t have room for me in her life anymore. I tried to be a supportive friend through all her rough times, but she’s basically gone from my life. How do I get over the hurt? Am I just jealous? 最後のところは「今まさにそのような状態」なのでAm I just being jealous?とはならないのでしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 日本語訳お願いします!

It's sunday for me just now! I just woke up, I have a few friends who ride scooters, But I don't want one I think it'll be a waste of money >.< I'd rather wait till i finish university and get a car and a stable job! ;D I don't really mind my school to be honest! It's better than my old school that's for sure! I have tons of home work to do aswell, I have homework due in tomorrow and I jut remembered now so I'm working really hard! How's your weekend been?

• purgeの意味

I could really, really use some advice. I don't know how to fix this problem and I'm seriously starting to fear for my health. The problem is, I don't even know if this is an actual problem or if I just have no self-control. Basically, I cannot stop eating. Even when I'm full, even when I've been sure my stomach is about to explode from how much food I've eaten. I have also struggled on and off with purging my food since my junior year of high school (I'm a freshman in college now). I never saw anyone for the purging because a) I just didn't have access to help and b) because it was so on and off that I just didn't think of it as something anyone would see as a serious problem. But now I am having a really serious problem with binging. ここでのpurgeはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします