What does 'force the situation to fit a narrative in my head' mean?

このQ&Aのポイント
  • The phrase 'force the situation to fit a narrative in my head' refers to when someone tries to make a situation or relationship conform to their preconceived ideas or expectations, even if it may not be the reality.
  • This often happens when someone has a specific idea of how things should be or wants a certain outcome, and they try to manipulate or shape the situation in order to make it align with their own narrative.
  • However, this can lead to disappointment and frustration when the reality does not match their expectations.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

意味を教えてください

A few months ago, I started dating a really great guy. I consider it my first “adult relationship.” I had a handful of flings in college, but either I’d be trying to force the situation to fit a narrative in my head that wasn’t really happening (i.e., the guy didn’t like me that much), or I’d be detached and uninterested enough that whoever I was seeing couldn’t hurt me if he was uninterested too (which often ended in my discovering deeper feelings and getting hurt, anyway). force the situation to fit a narrative in my headの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• corta
  • お礼率76% (4114/5348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数1

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • cbm51901
  • ベストアンサー率67% (2671/3943)
回答No.1

"narrative" は「物語、ストーリー」です。 "narrative in my head" で「(自分の)頭の中に描いたストーリー」 "force the situation to fit (into) a narrative in my head" 「状況(恋愛関係)を頭の中に描いたストーリーに無理矢理当てはめる」 文には "into" が割愛されているのでわかりにくいですね。

corta
質問者

お礼

ご回答ありがとうございます

関連するQ&A

• 意味を宜しくお願いしす

Before I started dating this guy, I was single for about a year, and during that time I tried to think about what hadn’t satisfied me in my previous relationships and what I wanted in a partner going forward. what I wanted in a partner going forwardの 意味を宜しくお願いしす( going forwardがわかりません)。

• 意味を教えてください

I was at a friend's wedding and introduced myself to the groom's father. Because I was carrying something in my right hand, I extended my left hand. I'm no dead-fish guy, but the lobster's grip was so tight it crushed my ring into my finger, causing a bruise. dead-fish guyとlobster's gripの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• it couldn't hurt to doの意味

英語のアニメを観ていて分からないところがありました。 //ゲーセン、UFOキャッチャーの前での友人同士の会話// A: Yeah, this little guy is an easy one to grab. B: Really? ( If it's that easy to get one, maybe if I tried it...) A: "...I could get one too." Is that what you were thinking? B: No! What are you talking about? I wasn't thinking anything! But I guess it couldn't hurt to just try this one time. /////////////////////////////////////////////// 会話最後の行の 「But I guess it couldn't hurt to just try this one time.」は、 「でも、今回だけやってみてもいいかな」のような意味になると思うのですが 1)「it couldn't hurt to ~」は「~してみも良い」という意味ですか? 2)似た表現に「It doesn't hurt to」を見つけました。同義ですか?   http://www.eigo-de.net/2006/06/it_doesnt_hurt_to … よろしくお願いします。

• 翻訳(和訳)をお願いします。

While Smith had the musician impressed, he revealed that his mind was somewhere else at the time. “My concern was that I was going to get killed,” the King Richard star admitted. “That was my concern when I was trying to spit my game, but I ain’t really have nothing.” "I was always faked like I had game. I didn’t really have game,” he added. “I was always in this full-on, trying to give the wildest flavor of having game, but that might have been the most terrified I had ever been trying to shoot my shot with Pepa. And I didn’t believe I had a real shot.” 翻訳サイトを使っても意味がわかりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• likeの意味

Dan (explaining to Serena's mom why he never stops talking): I'm sorry. I don't know why I just said anything like that. I have, I have this thing, like a nervous tick. My mind never stops speaking, in like, ever. In fact when I was a little boy, my mom used to say there was never a word I met that I didn't like. You know what else I like? Your daughter. I, I really like your daughter. ・I have this thing, like a nervous tick. thingとは何のことかと、likeの意味不明です。 ・in like, ever.意味がわかりません... ・there was never a word I met that I didn't like.意味がわかりません。 ・You know what else I like?意味がわかりません。 全体の意味もわかりませんし、likeにはたくさん意味があるので よくわかりません。英語がわかる方お願いいたします!

• どのような意味でしょうか

A few months ago, I had a really hard breakup with my boyfriend of almost three years, the person I was hoping I’d end up marrying. Until we broke up, he had filled that essential role in my life. He was my person, my blessed default, my certainty — blessed defaultとはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします

• 和訳をどうかお願いします

You are a wonderful person but we are just in different stages in our life. I do want u to live a full life and I really don't have time to be in a relationship with anyone, I just need to concentrate on myself right now without other worries in my head. We always friends we both helped each other out a lot. I didn't want to hurt you and didn't know how to tell you that is why I been so distant

• 意味を教えてください

I’m a college student who, a little over a month ago, broke it off with a guy I’d been in a relationship with for 10 months. There was no spark, and I felt like being single and exploring other options. My ex is completely, unabashedly in love with me still and has been taking it really hard. He calls and texts me constantly asking for me back. I’ve been broke lately, and I mentioned to him off-hand that I’m worried about funding my study abroad this summer. asking for me backとfunding my study abroadの意味を教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• 意味と用法について教えてください

In January, I finally married the woman of my dreams. "Julie" was sweet and kind, with lots of love to give. Things went well for a few weeks, but then everything changed. Julie has always had issues with depression. She'd be overwhelmed from time to time but always came to me for comfort. Suddenly, she didn't want me near her when she was depressed. As hurt as I was, I gave her the space she wanted. As hurt as I wasの意味と用法について教えてください。よろしくお願いします

• It’s more that

I’ve been a really bad friend. Last year, I was in a bad living situation. My best friend owns several properties and helped me out; he asked a long-term tenant to leave, refurbished the whole apartment, and then offered it to me at a steep discount so I could afford it. It’s literally the most beautiful, spacious place I have ever lived in. This coincided with a very intense romantic relationship I was caught up in—which, of course, broke up spectacularly when he stole my stuff and left the country. I realize now that I was really thoughtless. My friend did a lot of the renovations himself and spent thousands of dollars on necessary (but much-appreciated) upgrades. At the time, I was so focused on my relationship that I didn’t even think about pitching in. And now, looking back, I didn’t show up once to clean or paint, or even just bring dinner and say thank you. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve tried to be a good tenant and show my gratitude. He’s never said anything about it, and I don’t think he holds it against me. It’s more that I realized I really dropped the ball. It’s more thatはどのような意味でしょうか?よろしくお願いします