Putting Off Until the Last Minute

このQ&Aのポイント
  • A conversation between two people where one person wants to take a break after studying and the other person needs to finish a psychology paper.
  • The person studying wants to grab lunch, but the other person still needs to finish their paper.
  • The person studying suggests taking a break, but the other person insists on finishing the paper today.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

英文和訳をお願いします

A: I’m finished studying. Let’s grab lunch. B: But I still have to finish my psychology paper. A: Come on, take a break. We’ve been at it all morning. B: It’ll only take me another hour or so. I have to get it done today. A: That’s what happens when you put it off until the last minute! 最後の一行の意味が分かりません。 よろしくお願いします。

• 英語
  • 回答数1
  • ありがとう数2

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • Nakay702
  • ベストアンサー率80% (9702/12068)
回答No.1

>A: I’m finished studying. Let’s grab lunch. ⇒私は勉強を終えた。昼飯を食べよう。 >B: But I still have to finish my psychology paper. ⇒でも私は、まだ心理学のレポートを終わらせなければならない。 >A: Come on, take a break. We’ve been at it all morning. ⇒さあ、休憩しろよ。我々午前中ずっとそれ(勉強)をしてきたんだ。 >B: It’ll only take me another hour or so. I have to get it done today. ⇒もう1時間ほどしかかからないよ。私は今日それを終わらせなければならないんだ。 >A: That’s what happens when you put it off until the last minute! ⇒それは君が最後の1分までそれ(心理学のレポート書き)を延期した時に起こることだ! >最後の一行の意味が分かりません。 ⇒確かに、上のように直訳すると、何のことかよく分かりませんね。意訳するときっとこんな感じでしょう。 「そんなことは、最後の1分までそれ(心理学のレポート書き)が延びてしまった時に言うことだよ/言えばいいんだよ!」 ということで、Aとしては、とにかく今は勉強を中断して昼飯を食べよう、と言いたいのでしょうね。

gasdragon
質問者

お礼

回答ありがとうございました。

関連するQ&A

• 英文の和訳をお願いします。

外国の方とメールをしているのですが英文を上手く訳せなくて困っています(;_;)一応、自分なりに和訳をしてみたのですがいまいち内容がよくわかりません。わかりやすく英文を和訳してください。あと、自分の和訳で間違っている箇所があったら指摘していただけると嬉しいです。 [1] About the event! It's actually pretty funny; I got some last minute important stuff to do at work so I didn't get a chance to attend :( I was so looking forward to it =/Stupid work xD [自分の訳] イベントについて!それは実際とてもおもしろい。私は最後のちょっとの間仕事ですべき重要なことがあった、だから私は出席する機会がを得なかった。私はそれをとても楽しみにしていた。くだらない仕事。 ※I got some last minute important stuff to do at work この部分の訳がわかりません。 [2] As for technical reports, they're not really that bad because when you specialize in a certain field you are familiar with all the terminology and it is easy for you to express yourself and what you want to say. The only problem with my report now is that I have to choose a subject (Typically a problem at work) and I have to talk about and describe the problem and how I solved it. I still have no idea what to write about because I won't be able to fill an entire 15 body pages with all that I have done at work so far. There's just not enough content and I have to pull this off somehow xD [自分の訳] 技術のレポートについては、それらは実は悪くない、なぜならあなたがある分野を専門にしているとき、あなたはそのすべての専門用語に精通しているから、そしてあなたにとってあなた自身やあなたの言いたいことを表現することは簡単だ。今私のレポートで、唯一の問題は主題を選らばなければならないこと(主として仕事での問題)、問題をどのように解決するかや問題の状況を述べたり論じたりしなければならないということだ。私はまだ何について書くべきかわからない、なぜなら私は今まで仕事でしてきたすべてで全15ページを埋めることはできないだろうから。ただ十分な内容がない、そして私は何とかしてこれをやり遂げなければならない。

• The Dark Glassesからの英文です。

After lunch, since the Eng. Lit. people had gone off to play tennis, she tacked on to me and we walked to the lake across the lawns, past the rhododendrons. This lake had once been the scene of a love-mad duchess's death. ".....during the war. Before that I was in general practice. It's strange," she said, "how I came to take up psychology. My second husband had a breakdown and was under a psychiatrist. Of course, he's incurable, but I decided.... It's strange, but that's how I came to take it up. It saved my reason. My husband is still in a home. His sister, of course, became quite incurable. He has his lucid moments. I did not realize it, of course, when I married, but there was what I'd now call an oedipus-transference on his part, and..." How tedious I found these phrases! We had come to the lake. I stooped over it and myself looked back at myself through the dark water. I looked at Dr Gray's reflection and recognized her. I put on my dark glasses, then. Muriel SparkのThe Dark Glassesからの英文です。 過去の回想シーンから現代に戻って、主人公とDr Grayが湖の近くを一緒に歩きながら話している場面です。 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ●It's strange, " she said, "how I came to take up psychology.と It's strange, but that's how I came to take it up.の中に I came to take up psychologyと I came to take it upがありますが、前者はtake up psychologyとtake upが繋がっているのに、何故後者は take it upのように、take とupの間にitが入るのでしょうか? 教えてください。よろしくお願いします。 前文は "I took up psychology during the war. Up till then I was in general practice." I had come to the summer school to lecture on history and she on psychology. Psychiatrists are very often ready to talk to strangers about their inmost lives. This is probably because they spend so much time hearing out their patients. I did not recognize Dr Gray, except as a type, when I had attended her first lecture on "the psychic manifestations of sex." She spoke of child-poltergeists, and I was bored, and took refuge in observing the curious language of her profession. I noticed the word "arousement". "Adolescents in a state of sexual arousement," she said, "may become possessed of almost psychic insight." となっています。

• 間違っている英文があったら、教えて下さい。

こんばんは。間違っている英文や、こんな言い方はしない。という文があったら、教えて下さい。 誰の意見を信じるべきか? Who's opinion should I believe?    Whose opinion should I believe? Who's opinion should I trust   Whose opinion should I trust    Which opinion should I buy?  あと何年かかることやら・・・ (溜息まじりに) Who knows how long it will take? I don't know how long it will take. (not ? but .)  There is no telling how long it will take.    I wonder how many more years it will take. ひさしぶりに会った友達に「話したい事が沢山あるんだ!」 I have a lot to say. I have many things to speak with you.  There are a lot of things I want to tell you. I have a lot things what I'd like to talk to you.

• 英文和訳お願いします

英文和訳お願いします 自分で調べてみたのですが英文の和訳が分からなくて困っています。 But then she thought a little more, and said to herself: "Poor thing! she's very old, and her clothes are so shabby. It was my own fault. I put tempta-tion in her way. It would be too cruel to call the police and have her arrested. But I can't do my week's shopping if I have no money. お願いします。

• 英文和訳をお願いします。

英文和訳をお願いします。 I think I have a very crazy life. But in a way it's wonderful in it's craziness. I mean I remember one minute going to the White House for a dinner, but I'm going on the train so I'm stuck in Pennsylvania Station having a hot dog. And you know a scant two hours later I'm meeting the President of China. So I think it's the ups and the downs that makes it so real. And so wonderful. I could be at a gymnast...a gymnastic meet for my daughter and the next minute I'm in, you know the hospital worrying about my father's care. I like to think I live a very full life, and a complete life, and I think that's what makes my life probably fun, difficult also, challenging,tiring, but also great. 自分の人生についての喜びを語っていると思うのですが、 何度考えても理解できません。 長文ですがよろしくお願いしますm(_ _)m

• 和訳お願いします。

One Saturday Tom takes Jiro to a food court for lunch. A:Wow! What a big place! You can find almost anything here, can't you? B:Yeah. But you're probably going to order a hamburger, aren't you? A:Just a minute.Yeah, I'll have a hamburger, two pieces of pizza, a tuna sandwiches and strawberry ice cream. B:Hey! Take it easy! You're not going to have all that for lunch, are you? A:Yeah. Maybe you're right. I'll just have two cheeseburgers, two pieces of pizza and a banana split. B:You'll get fat if you eat like that. In fact, you'll get fatter and fatter and won't be able to get into the plane when you have to go back to Japan. A:OK,OK! Just one cheeseburger with French fries, a hot dog with ketchup and mustard and a large cola float. Of course, everything was much larger than in Japan. The cheeseburger was almost bigger than the plate, the hot dog was a foot long, and the cola float was a giant. A was able to finish everything, but he didn't want any dinner that evening. The next time he didn't order so much. He didn't want to become the fattest boy in New York.

• 英文和訳 急いでます

1,How would you like your steak?………Medium,please. 2,I'd like the green salad and the onion soup. 3,Would you care for something to drink? 4,Can I take your order? 5,We are out of hot dogs now 6,I'll take a hamburger. 7, Is that for here or to go? 8,Anything to drink? 9,May I have the cheak,please? 10,I'd like to buy a scarf for my mother. お願いします すべて英文和訳お願いします

• I have (a) lunch…結局は?

様々な英文法の本や、こちらの質問でも拝見しましたが…結局は、 「I have lunch」「I have a lunch」 どちらでも「a」の有無を気にせず、話しても、問題ないのでしょうか?ある本では、形容詞がくると、aやanが付くとありましたが…例:I have a little lunch あと、take a lunch のように、takeの場合も同様でしょうか?

• 英文の和訳お願いします

Nothing you decide to do can go as planned without preparation. This is just what I experienced on my first date with my girlfriend. I didn't expect that deciding what to wear on a first date would be a difficult and energy-consuming task. Actually, I (leave) my decision-making until the last minute, when I had no other choice but to ask my brother for a suitable outfit because I fould mine had faed. So my advice would be to plan your outfit in advance, leaving yourself plenty of time to wash the outfit you choose and even (shopping) for a new one if necessary. Something unexpected may happen to the outfit you have originally (chose). Your ideal outfit will be useless when you happen to find it has a hole or stain in it or it no longer fits you. Just in case, you are (advising) to have a backup outfit. You cannot be too early in (prepare) for a big event! a backup outfitは「代わりに着るもの」と訳します。 カッコ内は文法的に正しい形じゃありません。 お願いします。

• 和訳教えて下さい!

以下の英文の和訳(意味)を教えて下さい。Many things that's the Problem. There is history, politics psychology and some more but for some of them i'm too bad in school and i Must have luck to study it. But in the end i can't decide which of them i take. It's hard :). になります。 切実ですのでよろしくお願いします。