U2 Frontman Bono Finds Inspiration in North Dublin for Songwriting

このQ&Aのポイント
  • Bono, the lead singer of U2, reveals that the local violence and fear he experienced during his teenage years in North Dublin greatly influenced his music.
  • Growing up on Cedarwood Road in Glasnevin, Bono drew inspiration from his hometown for the track Cedarwood Road on U2's album Songs of Innocence.
  • The singer, whose real name is Paul Hewson, used his personal experiences to compose the emotionally-charged song.
回答を見る
  • ベストアンサー

翻訳をお願い致します。

U2 frontman Bono has said the local violence and "sheer fear" of his teenage years in North Dublin helped to inspire his music and influenced the songwriting process behind the band's track Cedarwood Road. The 55-year-old singer, real name Paul Hewson, who was raised on Cedarwood Road in Glasnevin, said he used his teenage experiences of his hometown to compose the track for U2's current album Songs of Innocence.

• tsf12
  • お礼率86% (1168/1348)
  • 英語
  • 回答数3
  • ありがとう数6

質問者が選んだベストアンサー

• ベストアンサー
  • 92128bwsd
  • ベストアンサー率58% (2275/3919)
回答No.1

「U2のリーダー、ボノは、10代の時の北ダブリンでの暴力と"すけて見えるような恐怖”は彼の音楽に刺激を与え、Cedarwood Roadと言うバンドの曲の背景にある、曲作りに影響を与えた、と語った。 本名をポール・ヒューソンと言う、GlasnevinのCedarwood Road で育った55歳のこのシンガーは、U2の最新アルバム「Songs of Innocence」のこの曲を作曲する時、彼の故郷での10代の経験を入れ込んだと言う。」 teenage yearsは正確には10代(10-19歳)ではなく13(thirTEEN) - 19(nineTEEN)歳ですが、とりあえず。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

有難う御座います。

その他の回答 (2)

• bakansky
  • ベストアンサー率48% (3502/7245)
回答No.3

> U2 frontman Bono has said the local violence and "sheer fear" of his teenage years in North Dublin helped to inspire his music and influenced the songwriting process behind the band's track Cedarwood Road.  U2 のリーダーであるボノによると、彼が 「シダーウッド・ロード」 という曲を思いいて曲を作ったのは、彼が10代の頃に北ダブリンで経験した暴力と恐怖の体験に資するところがあるのだという。 > The 55-year-old singer, real name Paul Hewson, who was raised on Cedarwood Road in Glasnevin, said he used his teenage experiences of his hometown to compose the track for U2's current album Songs of Innocence.  ボノは現在55歳で、本名ポール・ヒューソン。育ったのはダブリン北部のグラスネヴィン地区のシダーウッド・ロードで、U2 の最新アルバムである "Songs of Innocence" の曲作りに生まれ故郷での10代の頃の体験を反映させたと語った。 * 私は U2 については名前を知ってるだけですが、Songs of Innocence といえば、英国のロマン主義の詩人ウィリアム・ブレイクの詩集のタイトルとしても有名ですね。

tsf12
質問者

お礼

有難う御座います。

• SPS700
  • ベストアンサー率46% (15295/33014)
回答No.2

U2のリードシンガー、ボノは、彼がティーンエイジャーだった頃ダブリン北部での暴動や、その「本当の怖さ」が、彼の音楽への刺激になり、シーダーウッドロードの裏に潜む作詞に影響した、と言っている。  グラスネビンのシーダーウッド通りで育ち、本名をポール・ヒューソンという55歳のこの歌手は、故郷の十代の経験を今のアルバム「ソングズ・オブ・イノセンス」ちゅうの歌に使ったと言った。  余計なこと  この題は、イギリスの詩人ウィリアム・ブレイクのSongs of Innocence and Songs of Experience『無垢と経験の歌』(下記)をもじったものです。  https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%84%A1%E5%9E%A2%E3%81%A8%E7%B5%8C%E9%A8%93%E3%81%AE%E6%AD%8C

tsf12
質問者

お礼

有難う御座います。

関連するQ&A

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

During Bono's teenage years the Seven Towers housing project was in place, which relocated families to the Ballymun flats. "They were very unhappy, they were angry, they were annoyed, these were the people we would meet as young teenagers," he said. "A lot of my early memories of teenage years were of violence, and the sheer fear of leaving the house, going to catch the bus," he added. "That [song] has all the dignity of that neighbourhood. Some dark characters indeed, but the general decency of people, the goodness, is in [the] guitar solo. I couldn't have achieved that," he told music podcast Song Exploder.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

According to Examiner.com, former Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland showed up an hour late to his show in New York at The Paramount on Sunday. Examiner gave the show 1 star and said, “Scott Weiland took the stage almost an hour late and he gave a lackluster performance throughout the evening. Most of his vocals were off-key, pitchy and horrid. Scott seemed to be doing his own little show, thus losing complete touch with reality. The majority of his fans left half-way through his set.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Rolling Stone Magazine recently had the chance to sit down and chat with Chester Bennington and Robert DeLeo of STP and listened to their upcoming E.P., High Rise. It has been revealed that the second track, “Black Heart”, will be released as the single single. Furthermore, the closer track “Tomorrow” was described as being “epic” in sound, and the track “Cry Cry” was written entirely by Bennington himself. On the topic of ousted frontman Scott Weiland, DeLeo said “We've always looked out for Scott's best interests and tried to be a great friend to someone who really didn't care to be friends with us.” That eventually led, he said, to “a very difficult decision.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

Former STP frontman Scott Weiland just recently embarked on the second leg of his “Purple at the Core” tour with his solo band, The Wildabouts. He recently had the chance to chat with Alan Sculley of HamptonRoads to reminiscence on STP's early days and provide a hint at what's to come for his solo career. When inquired about the band's disparate recording of their 2010 reunion album, Weiland said “No, we weren't hanging out much.” He noted that life in the band changed after the release of “Purple” in 1994. “That's kind of when it stopped. We were all chummy and all that up until then.”

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

Bono said that the culture he grew up in during the Seventies not only defined him, but also the music he would go on to create. "Myself and my friends dealt with the kind of skinhead, boot boy culture of the time by creating our own reality, and eventually our own rock and roll band. That's how we dealt with the fear that we felt," he said.

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

You are and always will be my favorite frontman, and singer of all time. U2!

• 翻訳をお願い致します。

The song gets its name and story from the street Bono grew up on, but it began — like many U2 tracks — with a guitar riff the Edge came up with at home. In speaking about these initial steps, the Edge noted he sketches songs on GarageBand and works with drum loops Larry Mullen Jr. recorded for the demo process. "My job is to find a way to inspire Adam and Larry and Bono, so I don't often care to finish out a piece fully," the Edge said. "I just want to get something down that I think is a great starting point and then I know that whatever I come up with, they'll come up with something better. So I just need to get it going where its identity is clear and it's got some kind of vitality and point of view that's interesting."

• 翻訳をお願い致します

英文の和訳をしていただけるかたのみで お願いできますでしょうか? 少し抽象的かもしれませんが どうぞよろしくお願いいたします Unfortunately he has a tendency to swear, He likes obscenities much better than blasphemies and he mutters these things to himself, in a dry hissing breath when he think no one can hear. He drops something he swears to himself. Disorderly speech. He makes mistakes in speaking and writing uses the wrong word, without seeming to notice. But he likes to talk and his voice expresses an exaltation of the spirits and mirthfulness in its tones. He can tend to laugh at serious remarks, or make light of serious things said to him. He can go from the rational to the irrational in rapid succession and back again. There is something of the tone of a bugle or a high pitched trumpet in his voice. The same if he is moaning there is still the trumpeting tone.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

While Scott Weiland was working on his musical chops, bassist Robert DeLeo was in Point Pleasant, New Jersey playing with his older brother Dean, five years his senior. Dean's band played in bars, but Robert was so talented the band let him in and snuck him in to play shows. One day Robert decided to pick up and leave New Jersey and move to California. He lived out of his car initially in the Long Beach area with no music gear, but he eventually got an apartment and a home eight track studio after inheriting some money. DeLeo, whose biggest influences were James Jamerson and Led Zeppelin, met Scott Weiland at one of Soi-Distant's gigs in Orange County, joining the band to perform a song. Weiland was blown away by DeLeo's talent, but it took awhile before he could finally get him to form a band with him. Sometime in late 1987/early 1988, Soi-Distant dissolved and morphed into Swing, the first incarnation of Stone Temple Pilots.

• 翻訳をお願い致します!

I spoke with Filter frontman Richard Patrick for nearly an hour yesterday on the phone, Patrick discussed everything in his career from his early days in Nine Inch Nails, Filter's hey day in the 90's and early 2000's, his time with STP's DeLeo brothers in the supergroup Army of Anyone, and his return to Filter. Patrick was very candid, discussing the proudest moments of his career and his struggles overcoming addiction a decade ago. He even did an impression of Billy Corgan! ※ 『Filter』『Nine Inch Nails』『Army of Anyone』はバンド名、『Richard Patrick』『Billy Corgan』は人物名です。